FM10: Official Fulham Thread

Noack13

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought you were meant to be struggling? :confused:

i was but idk my team simply turns in a good performance against man utd:thup:. Maybe cuz its my preferred team in my manager profile:D. Its a great result, almost stole a win but i still have to wait to see how the next two play out as they are extremely important. Only then can i comment if i recovered or simply stayed in that slump.

My comment was more directed at that statement, 5th is a good position for Fulham. When you said you were struggling I presumed you meant that you were at least threatened by relegation...

I was in third spot and a CL spot was possible. But after winning the carling cup we struggled and I was in 5th spot but the other teams hadn't played yet. Now I am in 7th spot, which is my highest position. I want to finish at least above 7th. I will play my remaining 2 games (arsenal and burnley). I need at least 4 out of 6 possible points to get a good position. And then will post as to how the team ended the season. Still struggling or playing like we used to.

started my fourth season. This is my team now, ( i am not going to sign anymore players just sell). Gonna play a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1

GK : G. Ochoa, D. Bouzanis (Ochoa preferred)

RB : C. Diogo, A. Van Den Borre (Either preferred)

LB : T. Spurr, B. Shea ( Spurr preferred but Shea plays in the midfield as well)

CB : N. Subotic, D. Wheater, C. Smalling (Subotic and Wheater preferred)

Midfielders : C. Dempsey, W. Brown, R. De La Red, C. Brunt, J. O'Shea, M. Krasic, K. LuaLua*, K. Dickgacoi, Koke ( Preferred players depend on tactic, opponent, condition and form)

Strikers : A. Milevskyi, R. Nava, F. Caicedo, Y. Sanogo' ( A. Milevsky and R. Nava preferred)

*- Trying to offload

' - Trying to send out on loan

Plesase comment and give suggestions

Masilela > JVD, although from what you've said Konch is still there so look at a right back (not to mention Shorey if you're on 10.3), unless of course you're an actual fulham fan in which case use Baird who's better defensively than Pantsil, then Kelly and Baird can be taught LB :thup:.

• 1 month later...

I have just started a new save with Fulham. I was looking for an actual challenge for once. I had a Portsmouth save which I thoroughly enjoyed but that was on my laptop and the game crashed. My Liverpool save was good, but after winning everything it got a bit boring. I have completely re-shaped my staff, sacked pretty much everyone and brought in new people.

So far I have brought in Jonjo Shelvey for £3m, Danny Wilson for £3.5m and Anthony Annan for £3m, all on 48 month instalements. I am also in talks with Javier Garrido on loan from Man City to replace Paul Konchesky who is out injured for 8 month, Vincent Enyeama for £850k over 48 month, Artem Milevski for £5m over 48 month, James Rodriguez for £3m and Grygoriy Yarmash for £2.5m.

I have sold a few youngsters just because they are crap, and also sold Erik Nevland (Sevilla - £1.3m), Frederick Stoor (Stoke - £2.5m), Andranik (Parma - £1.5m), Bjorn Helge-Riise (Sunderland - Loan £375k, future fee £2.5m). I am also trying to sell David Stockdale, Pascal Zuberbhular, Chris Baird and pretty much most of my youngsters in the reserves. I am looking into trying to sell a few 1st teamers as well such as either Painstil or Kelly if I gert Yarmash, Etuhu or Dikgacoi and possibly Damien Duff and/or Andy Johnson.

Well having just finished my 1st season as manager of Fulham I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable games I have played. It was a very good challenge. I finished the league in 7th place, 4pts ahead of Everton but 7pts behind Spurs. I got to the Semi-Final of the Carling Cup, losing 2-0 to Chelsea over 2 legs, lost to Arsenal in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup and got beat on away goals by Hertha Berlin in the Europa League 1st Knockout stage.

My signings included Jonjo Shelvey, Anthony Annan, Abdoulaye Konko, Artem Milevskyi, James Rodriguez, Danny Wilson & Vincent Enyeama. They all played very well throughout and I was pleased with how things went. Juan Roman Riquelme is arriving ojn a free transfer in July so things are looking bright going into the new season.

just about to play my first prem game of the season with fulham had £6m to spend and i have signed Tafer (loan), Rochina (1.1m), Assulin (1.5m), Enyeama (800k) and Coentrao (loan). Sold two fringe players giving me an extra 1.3 to spend and in my first two europa league 3rd qualifiers Tafer smashed in 5 goals over the two legged tie against Dinamo Tibilisi.

just about to play my first prem game of the season with fulham had £6m to spend and i have signed Tafer (loan), Rochina (1.1m), Assulin (1.5m), Enyeama (800k) and Coentrao (loan). Sold two fringe players giving me an extra 1.3 to spend and in my first two europa league 3rd qualifiers Tafer smashed in 5 goals over the two legged tie against Dinamo Tibilisi.

Its a great save Fulham. I am in my 2nd season, finished my 1st in 7th place and I got a £40m warchest to set upon my 2nd season and I am lying in 4th after 11 games. Real good fun.

Reached December 1st season, 5th in the league and finished top of a group containing Valencia in Europe. Andy Johnson and Stefano Okaka has been a deadly partnership, with Okaka deeper lying/targetman (10 goals), Johnson as poacher (17 goals). Hangeland has been a rock at the back, Duff/Dempsey/Gera have contributed well from the wings.

Signed Alex Smithies, Danny Wilson, Phil Jones and Per Skjelbred. Danny Wilson is coming on very nicely. Michael Potts and Aaron Spear coming for compensation in January. Sold Nevland, Hughes, Baird, Stoor and Andranik plus a few youths for a total of £18m.

New transfer targets are James McCarthy and Anthony Annan. Desperately need a left back as Shorey has been poor and is out for 4 months and Konchesky on a very poor run of form, but can't find anyone.

Anyone else playing as Fulham ?

The inevitable mid season slump has occurred. No win in the Prem in 8, lost the last 5, including Stoke and Burnley, at HOME!! I mean losing to Burnley at home is appalling!!

Hit the woodwork 8 times in the last 4 Prem matches - obviously when the team is losing and is low on confidence, everything hits the woodwork.

Just beat Burnley 4-2 away in the FA Cup, so maybe that will turn things around.

Knochesky has been really poor all season, Schwarzer started playing worse, Smalling has been terrible. Really need a LB, CB. Masilela has gone to Villareal already.

• 2 weeks later...

im testing to see if I can get a save going with this team, mostly to get a reason to play a flat 4-4-2, so far so good atleast crushed reserves 2-0 and then managed to beat Liverpool 4-3 dispite low fitness levels. I prolly wont make any major changes in terms of playing staff for my first session, still with the aging gk's and my best central defender prospect escaping to united there's a need to do some transfer work atleast, hence im eyeballing Shawcross and Enyeama (I have never used any of them befor), Im also looking a bit extra at Ben Amos since pretty much nobody seems to play him

I'm giving this a go with Metal Guitarist's update. Doing ok so far (5TH after 10 games with 2 in hand) despite losing the first game to West Ham.

These are my signings. I was given £16M starting budget which didn't seem right, so by selling the players I have I feel less guilty about spending so much. There's quite a few players there i've never signed before and one or 2 like Aquino and Assulin and Khasri will probably be replaced once I can get a few better English players in.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to start a Fulham game as I have never been these before. Thinking of playing a straight 4-4-2 trying to bring some decent English talent to the Cottage. Will post more when I have loaded game and looked at squad.

Right started my Fulham game using a transfer update and really enjoying it.

First Transfer Window closes

Transfers In

Marco Verratti £1.2M Pescara

Thiago £650K Barcelona

Anthony Annan £3M Rosenborg

Jonathan Cristaldo £3.5M Vélez

Maxwell £5.25M Barcelona

Steve Finnan Free

Transfers Out

Gary Steven-Mackay - Mansfield Loan

Robert Milsom - Rochdale Loan

Matthew Briggs - Oxford Loan

David Elm - Crystal Palace Loan

Fixtures so far

West Ham (H) 3-2

Everton (A) 0-3

Bolton (H) 2-0

Oldham (A) Carling Cup 2nd round 4-0

Blackburn (A) 2-0

Very pleased with my transfers and squad I have now, only downside is Zamora is unhappy and wants to move too bigger club. I am now looking to push on in league and go and a couple of good cup runs. I do hope more people play as Fulham very good challenge to make them into bigger club.

I just started a Fulham game a few weeks back on an updated Xfer DB (Summer 2010 LFC Marshall). As SMPL said there's a bit of cash flow, which im not used to initially at the cottage. I was given 15M GBP, but with the downside of an expected european qualification place. That's a big ask for little Fulham, so there may be money, but there's pressure. FM'10 gives you a lot more Xfer leeway with long-term payment plans, so i took advantage of that and, unlike SMPL, experienced no guilt in spending it all and more. The fans did go completely ape**** and protest when i bought Keisuke Honda, however. I really wanted him so i paid 15M over 4 years and the backlash was immediate. As you can see im doing pretty well, beating Brum 5-1 in the opener, holding Chelsea scoreless at the cottage before going down 3-0 at Citeh and then beating Wolves 2-1 (fortunately Zamora did not break his leg for me). Despite my good results, i am still not in the euro qual zone, so its going to be a very tough season.

xfers

snkohw.jpg

tactics

2dkbqja.jpg

Table

282gxoh.jpg

Right started my Fulham game using a transfer update and really enjoying it.

First Transfer Window closes

Transfers In

Marco Verratti £1.2M Pescara

Thiago £650K Barcelona

Anthony Annan £3M Rosenborg

Jonathan Cristaldo £3.5M Vélez

Maxwell £5.25M Barcelona

Steve Finnan Free

Transfers Out

Gary Steven-Mackay - Mansfield Loan

Robert Milsom - Rochdale Loan

Matthew Briggs - Oxford Loan

David Elm - Crystal Palace Loan

Fixtures so far

West Ham (H) 3-2

Everton (A) 0-3

Bolton (H) 2-0

Oldham (A) Carling Cup 2nd round 4-0

Blackburn (A) 2-0

Very pleased with my transfers and squad I have now, only downside is Zamora is unhappy and wants to move too bigger club. I am now looking to push on in league and go and a couple of good cup runs. I do hope more people play as Fulham very good challenge to make them into bigger club.

Hats off for bringing Steve Finnan home.

Archived