Eurogamer review FM 2010

These guys are full of it, half the time they dont even play the game and when they do its only for about 1 hour. I wouldnt read too much into this review. I just have to laugh at the people comparing CM to FM, their is no contest, so why even bother trying to find positives and negatives of each game.

Although I understand your point, the reason the two are constantly compared doesn't fall short enough of being blindingly obvious. FM was CM at one point, and they are the two biggest names in the Football Management simulation genre. You might as well have said "have to laugh at people comparing Pro Evo to FIFA" :D:D

*hopes a Pro Evo Vs FIFA debate does not ensue*

Although I understand your point, the reason the two are constantly compared doesn't fall short enough of being blindingly obvious. FM was CM at one point, and they are the two biggest names in the Football Management simulation genre. You might as well have said "have to laugh at people comparing Pro Evo to FIFA" :D:D

*hopes a Pro Evo Vs FIFA debate does not ensue*

True :D dont get me started on PES vs FIFA :D. I do see your point though about CM and FM being compared, I just dont think that their is any competition between the two games, but thats cool.

Miles,

Break this licence pb and give us a closer view of the players with good animations for the next opus please.

Thanks

It is so simple to add badges, kits, player pictures, etc... to your game that I see little point in SI spending ridiculous amounts of money on licences. Plus, I'm guessing that the majority of the time when people complain about the lack of licences, they're purely referring to the Barclaycard Premier League, in which case it's worth noting that EA have the exclusive rights for the Premiership logos (n' that) and SI will unashamedly admit that they're not in a position to compete with EA financially.

It would be like Channel 5 trying to outbid Sky for Premiership football coverage - it's just not going to happen.

I don't agree, SI is growing and benefit are increasing, so investing in licence to attract more people fan of 3D will be return to benefit for SI. I'm sure SI will fight for that.

Why CM2010 got a closer view ( SEGA > EIDOS !!! ). SEGA has to show its power to get the right licence, not necessary SI.

Thanks.

It is so simple to add badges, kits, player pictures, etc... to your game that I see little point in SI spending ridiculous amounts of money on licences. Plus, I'm guessing that the majority of the time when people complain about the lack of licences, they're purely referring to the Barclaycard Premier League, in which case it's worth noting that EA have the exclusive rights for the Premiership logos (n' that) and SI will unashamedly admit that they're not in a position to compete with EA financially.

It would be like Channel 5 trying to outbid Sky for Premiership football coverage - it's just not going to happen.

I don't agree, SI is growing and benefit are increasing, so investing in licence to attract more people fan of 3D will be return to benefit for SI. I'm sure SI will fight for that.

Why CM2010 got a closer view ( SEGA > EIDOS !!! ). SEGA has to show its power to get the right licence, not necessary SI.

Thanks.

I don't doubt for one second that SI is growing but do you honestly think they have the financial clout to compete with EA for the Premiership licence?

It's not a fight SI-EA, it should be the editor fight ( EA-SEGA ) as SI-BG are fighting for the coding the game.

I don't doubt for one second that SI is growing but do you honestly think they have the financial clout to compete with EA for the Premiership licence?

i find all these reviews say surprisingly little about the game and its state :(

ALways just naming the few new bits, but not at all saying how it feels and how it improved (not even speaking of those who might not know the game before, those will always be lost in these reviews).

SI Games are going about it the right way. Concentrating on the match engine first and worrying about animations later. This is the correct way to do it. Not the CM way of pretty graphics over substance. Keep up the good work SI.

I meant in CM2010 ( BG of Eidos ) the players are seen closer than FM ( SI of SEGA ).

And for me SEGA > EIDOS, so why they could do it and not SEGA.

Sorry if I was not clear.

Ah right, I see what you mean. That's not really relevant to licensing, is it? In direct response to that question, Beautiful Game Studios obviously opted for a more asthetically pleasing match day experience with little substance (going by what people who have played the game are saying) whereas SI have focussed more on the realistic functionality of the match engine over graphics (although the graphics have improved somewhat). I can't see where the publishers come into it though (?).

NO, no..

I'm saying that if you see ( forget the animations ) the player in CM, they are closer than in FM, and someone at SI said it's beacause of licence pb...

Ah right, I see what you mean. That's not really relevant to licensing, is it? In direct response to that question, Beautiful Game Studios obviously opted for a more asthetically pleasing match day experience with little substance (going by what people who have played the game are saying) whereas SI have focussed more on the realistic functionality of the match engine over graphics (although the graphics have improved somewhat). I can't see where the publishers come into it though (?).

SI has mentioned something about licenses in regards to "not being able to get too close" to the action. I suspect they would have to pay a seperate fee to accurately represent actual players likenesses and idiocyncracies. Certainly, that's the case for American sports...and in some cases (MLB, for example) those rights come with strings attached. No negative representations of players, etc.

Yes but why CM ( BG ) has been able to do it ? ( closer view ).

I'm sure SI can do it for FM2011

SI has mentioned something about licenses in regards to "not being able to get too close" to the action. I suspect they would have to pay a seperate fee to accurately represent actual players likenesses and idiocyncracies. Certainly, that's the case for American sports...and in some cases (MLB, for example) those rights come with strings attached. No negative representations of players, etc.

I've been playing CM-FM since CM3, when there was no 3D animations at all. Or even 2D animations. :D

AFAICT, CM is way behind FM when it comes to the number of leagues/divisions represented. And since I like long career games, that's what I want.

Archived