FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why am I not surprised to see Zaki with that sort of reaction. Its his Wigan days all over again. If him and Mido had the right attitude Egypt would be a real force in the world right now. But thats for another thread I guess.

£18M man Muniain just bagged a hat-trick on his debut :cool:

Free transfer Jimmy Briand just bagged a debut hat-trick for me :cool:. Only the cup but they all count :thup:

That's brilliant btw McGougan, have never seen that in FM. Almost worth a thread in GD for the rabid dogs to mull over :).

Free transfer Jimmy Briand just bagged a debut hat-trick for me :cool:. Only the cup but they all count :thup:

That's brilliant btw McGougan, have never seen that in FM. Almost worth a thread in GD for the rabid dogs to mull over :).

I'm officially quitting GD as of now. Its a place full of absolute nonsense.

McG - glad it went your way! :thup:

Season 2 Mid-season Report

19 games gone and still unbeaten in Ligue 1 and I still don't think the team has clicked that well, at least until very recently. Drew a number of early games so the team's record is won 12, drew 7:

1. [b]LYON[/b]           43 pts 19 pld
2. Stade Rennais  35 pts 19 pld
3. Lille          34 pts 19 pld
4. Marseille      34 pts 19 pld
5. Bordeaux       29 pts 19 pld

Can't really see much challenge coming from the others now, Bordeaux are poor without Gourcuff and PSG have imploded after a good start. Through to the last 16 of the CL, but had to settle for 2nd behind Bayern Munich (spit) so have to play Chelsea now.

Best players so far have been the wide men, Gervinho & Ederson and also Michel Bastos when he's had the chance. Ederson is actually my top scorer on 9 which tells you how many injuries I've had with the strikers. Necid has done ok, when I've given him the chance and has 6 goals in only 5 starts (the only problem with him is that the whole style of play has to change to suit him as he's pretty weak technically). Gomis has only properly stepped into Lisandro's shoes in the last couple of games. Another honourable mention has to go to Källström who's consistently excellent.

Gassama had established himself as 1st choice RB but has now broke his foot and is out for 4 months & many of the other young players are on loan. Only transfer to arrive in January will be Rossi which will be welcome if these injuries persist up front. Cissokho continues to want to leave so maybe I'll have to do something about that I guess.

Btw what is Lloris' value in everyone's game? Everytime I look at his profile it seems to go up, its now at £20m.

He's only worth £17.4Million on mine. :(

thanks mate

and he's damn good backup always good for a goal or 2. I take him everywhere

Everyone has their cross to bear. ;)

Because hes good in game, changed my formation so he left for madrid. I like how you described him last night

He is not even good in game!?!

AI > You!

I've been sacked after 20 games, we were 12th and knocked out of the CL and the French Cup

I will persevere and start a new game!

Oh noes. :(

What leagues should I load up?

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

France (all the way down!), Spain (La Liga), Italy (Serie A), Germany (Bundesliga) and maybe some South American nations?

Just had a tasty 3-0 home win over Marseille. Just 3 minutes old an we go 1 nil up (Lisandro on target with him seizing on an errorfrom Hilton to tap in). And on the stroke of half time Lisandro added another beating 3 men before driving a low shot passed Mandanda into the corner of the net.

Only 1 minute into the second half the fool (Reveillere) picks up his second red of the season for persistent fouling. And in the 66th minute Muniain completes the rout with a powerful effort which no keeper would have saved.

But edgar, don't you know that the AI is out to cheat you? The game won't rest until you've turned into a gibbering wreck that can only communicate in text speak :).

LMAO (oh the irony!)

I always GPTG was the place to be, it always was when I was first on these forums a few years back, I should have known that GD wouldn't have changed in the couple of years I was away.

Back on topic though: Hopey - what is your issue with Govou, as I mentioned earlier its early days but even so he's probably my 3rd or 4th best player (Lisandro, Pjanic and Lloris being the others). Scores, assists and generally drives defenders mental!

Don't like it when Lisandro is missing though, Gomis appears to be a bit rubbish, I even bought Belfodil up from the youths for his debut when Lisandro got a couple of week knock. Seriously considering bringing Tafer back from Bolton. Is he good enough to contribute 1st season? He doesn't need to start many games, just for rotation purposes.

LMAO (oh the irony!)

I always GPTG was the place to be, it always was when I was first on these forums a few years back, I should have known that GD wouldn't have changed in the couple of years I was away.

Back on topic though: Hopey - what is your issue with Govou, as I mentioned earlier its early days but even so he's probably my 3rd or 4th best player (Lisandro, Pjanic and Lloris being the others). Scores, assists and generally drives defenders mental!

Don't like it when Lisandro is missing though, Gomis appears to be a bit rubbish, I even bought Belfodil up from the youths for his debut when Lisandro got a couple of week knock. Seriously considering bringing Tafer back from Bolton. Is he good enough to contribute 1st season? He doesn't need to start many games, just for rotation purposes.

Yeah Tafer could cut it first season, and Gomis can be utter crap.

I actually quite like Gomis although if you're playing a 4-5-1 it might be best to cash in. Scored 16 goals for me in the 1st season as a back-up and did well. His stats have improved also, he's reasonably quick and has Finishing 16, Off the Ball 16, Anticipation 16 and Composure 14. I think that's pretty decent - the big downside is his contract, he's actually on a bigger wage than Lisandro which is pretty inexplicable.

I actually quite like Gomis although if you're playing a 4-5-1 it might be best to cash in. Scored 16 goals for me in the 1st season as a back-up and did well. His stats have improved also, he's reasonably quick and has Finishing 16, Off the Ball 16, Anticipation 16 and Composure 14. I think that's pretty decent - the big downside is his contract, he's actually on a bigger wage than Lisandro which is pretty inexplicable.

I know his stats look as though he should be pretty good. As you say though maybe up front on his own isn't for him. Will look to Tafer to step up, especially as Burnley aren't playing him!

Apparently Espanyol are going to test my resolve with a £35M bid for a transfer listed Clerc. Well if Aulas doesn't accept I'll gladly pack Clerc's bags for that price.

Wow! I know good full backs are rare IRL and FM but £35m! I'd carry him there on my back for that :D

Cheers for the comments chaps :), GD is for people to whinge about irrevelant matters, if i have an issue i raise it in the particular club thread and then get advice lol ( not on how we can counter the cheating ai though :D )

Just in so couple of games of fm (and a beer) will do nicely, after a bloody overexerting night with kids lol!

35 mil for clerc - ahll join gd to whinge about that lmao :p

Good work mate, what did you change?

My tactic is based on the Barca setup in the TT10 Appendix with a few subtle changes.

My strategy is always attacking (even away), although I am not sure if I should stick with that against the bigger teams like OM and Bordeaux.

My tactic is based on the Barca setup in the TT10 Appendix with a few subtle changes.

My strategy is always attacking (even away), although I am not sure if I should stick with that against the bigger teams like OM and Bordeaux.

Nice. Although Barca have just put a serious dampener on my evening letting the scum score 2.

Back on topic, I would definitely tone it down against the stronger teams away from home.

Nice. Although Barca have just put a serious dampener on my evening letting the scum score 2.

Back on topic, I would definitely tone it down against the stronger teams away from home.

I will do so. And I totally agree about Govou, he's been really good for me. Averaging over 7.5 in the 3 competitive games that he's played.

Classic. Had no idea this was in the game.

aprilfoolsn.png

In a display of incredible generosity, the Olympique Lyonnais board have decided to award to a sum in the region of £500m to spend on new players and a new stadium

The worst part is, I didn't really want the money, I was just curious...

Classic. Had no idea this was in the game.

aprilfoolsn.png

The worst part is, I didn't really want the money, I was just curious...

I've never had it but knew about it. IIRC you have to be on April 1st IRL and in game to get it.

Just been hit with a spate of injuries to 3 key players (Lloris, Pjanic and Sexy), their all out for 3-4 weeks. Not good at all, especially with St Etienne in the CDL quaters now :(

EDIT: Beat St Etienne 2-1 Gomis and Ishak with the goals.

I think I'm going to ask Aulas to relay the pitch at Stade de Gerland, as the injuries sustained by Lisandro ( Twisted ankle), Kallstrom (Sprained ankle) and Cissokho (Twisted knee) have all been in matches at home. So the pitch might have played a part in the injuries.

But thinking about it if I get the pitch relayed, the players won't be used to the surface and my 30 games unbeaten in all comps might come to an end. I dunno what to do. *sigh*

Archived