FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

I think I'm going to ask Aulas to relay the pitch at Stade de Gerland, as the injuries sustained by Lisandro ( Twisted ankle), Kallstrom (Sprained ankle) and Cissokho (Twisted knee) have all been in matches at home. So the pitch might have played a part in the injuries.

But thinking about it if I get the pitch relayed, the players won't be used to the surface and my 30 games unbeaten in all comps might come to an end. I dunno what to do. *sigh*

Have a look in 'facilities', on the information tab, and it should say what the pitch condition is?

Lisandro scores his first hat trick of the season to give me a 5-2 lead to take to the City of Manchester Stadium :cool:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have a look in 'facilities', on the information tab, and it should say what the pitch condition is?

Looks like its just very bad luck as the pitch is in good condition. Cheers Joe :thup: On another note the legend that is Juninho has returned home.

Juninho still has it at the ripe old age of 35.

Lyon 2-2 PSG

Juninho gave us a lead in the 16th minute with a deft chip from just outside the area. But then some **** poor keeping from Vercoutre lets Hoarau in to equalise in the 62nd minute. Just 5 minutes later Juninho puts us 2-1 up with one of his trademark freekicks. But some more poor keeping from Vercoutre allows Chantome to tap in the equaliser 8 minutes before full time.

A fantastic MoM performance from Juninho. Bargain buy at £500K

Back on topic though: Hopey - what is your issue with Govou, as I mentioned earlier its early days but even so he's probably my 3rd or 4th best player (Lisandro, Pjanic and Lloris being the others). Scores, assists and generally drives defenders mental!

Don't like it when Lisandro is missing though, Gomis appears to be a bit rubbish, I even bought Belfodil up from the youths for his debut when Lisandro got a couple of week knock. Seriously considering bringing Tafer back from Bolton. Is he good enough to contribute 1st season? He doesn't need to start many games, just for rotation purposes.

He's decidedly average; he only has the physical part which makes him play better. He's on a ridiculous wage and he's a branleur. :*) Bafé isn't rubbish, he's decent. Tafer is more than good enough to do a job first season.

Bernard Lacombe recommended him. Finally I have found the right way to play! I have scored 10 goals in my last 3 games. :D

Bernard Lacombe such a great man!

Tbh I can't understand why Hopey thinks hes crap in game. His wages are a bit high but if you could get him to lower demands hed be worth keeping.

He's decidedly average; he only has the physical part which makes him play better. He's on a ridiculous wage and he's a branleur. :*) (Copy and paste ftw!)

Poor man management

Touché, using my own remark against me! I like the audacity! :thup:

hallo every new and old Lyon boss,

tell to another Lyon newbie manager what have you done with all of your staff? Are they enough quality (3-4 stars as I understand mainly) and who have you fired / brought ?

Who many coaches / scouts do you have?

Who is your assistant?

Which training are you using?

transferking,

hopefully in the very beginning of enjoyable adventure

Transferking

I normally keep the current staff for the first season then replace them in the second season.

My assistants at the moment are Bruno Genesio and Patrick Collot albeit their pretty crap. I currently have 7 coaches and 5 scouts.

I use Sfraser's training schedules, which can be found [thread=185812]here[/thread]

And finally welcome and good luck

thx a lot batty, will have a closer look into my staff after a while...

What do you think about the starting formation of 4231 (2DMC - AMC - AMR/AML - ST)?

Is it better to go with Toulalan and Makoun in DMC or Toulalan/Källström in MC?

If this formation is ok, where do I need strengthening ASAP: is it right wing (who?), centre-back (who?), left-back to cover Cissokho (who?), another DMC in this occasion, younger AML for future (who?)?

Also should I offload Clerc to give Gassama more 1st team opportunities? Is Källström out of picture (considering Ederson can cover Pjanic in AMC)? Has Boumsong future or should I change him with money? Delgado? Loan Tafer or not?

Please give me some feedback.

Big thx in advance,

transferking

What do you think about the starting formation of 4231 (2DMC - AMC - AMR/AML - ST)?

Is it better to go with Toulalan and Makoun in DMC or Toulalan/Källström in MC? are you on 10.3

If this formation is ok, where do I need strengthening ASAP: is it right wing (who?) Feghouli, centre-back (who?)N'Koulou, Fazio, left-back to cover Cissokho (who?)Van Damme from Anderlecht, another DMC no need, you have Gonalons, Mehamhain this occasion, younger AML for future (who?)Di Maria still?

Also should I offload Clerc to give Gassama more 1st team opportunities? you could make money selling Clerc but you could also keep him and rotate him with Reveilleire, and let Gassama substitute Is Källström out of picture NO(considering Ederson can cover Pjanic in AMC)? Has Boumsong future or should I change him with money? sell although he wasn't bad for me Delgado? sellLoan Tafer or not? keep him and give him every game the last 15-20 minutes

Big thx in advance,

transferking

There you go.

hallo every new and old Lyon boss,

tell to another Lyon newbie manager what have you done with all of your staff? Are they enough quality (3-4 stars as I understand mainly) and who have you fired / brought ?

Who many coaches / scouts do you have?

Who is your assistant?

Which training are you using?

transferking,

hopefully in the very beginning of enjoyable adventure

Welcome and good luck transferking, to answer your questions;

- Kept most of my staff and hired a few Brazilians, I can't remember which though!

- I have twelve coaches and nine scouts.

- Default assistant, I don't listen to him though.

- I use my own.

Is it better to go with Toulalan and Makoun in DMC or Toulalan/Källström in MC?

If this formation is ok, where do I need strengthening ASAP: is it right wing (who?), centre-back (who?), left-back to cover Cissokho (who?), another DMC in this occasion, younger AML for future (who?)?

Also should I offload Clerc to give Gassama more 1st team opportunities? Is Källström out of picture (considering Ederson can cover Pjanic in AMC)? Has Boumsong future or should I change him with money? Delgado? Loan Tafer or not?

Big thx in advance,

transferking

That formation is fine, Makoun or Källström will do a good job with Toualaln. You need to improve at CB (Sakho, Fazio, D.Luiz?), AMR (Feghouli, Mollo, Rémy), AML (Diego Buonanotte, Di María etc).

I would sell Clerc, Boumson isn't that bad actually but can be sold if required. Delgado is a good squad player, you can loan Tafer out or play him.

its scary how good he is

Has won player of the month+ top goalscorer both months so far and has scored 17 of my 26 league goals.

I think im in love

We have another Sexy Bearded Goal Machine believer, Lisandro is the way forward!

LisandrovBordeaux.jpg

thx a lot Purefun and HoPeY,

yes, I'm on 10.3 and asked for more wages - GOT IT.

Now, thinking about whether to go for new established centre-back (as f.e. Mexes or Gallas or maybe Naldo) or bring in future like Otamendi / Fazio / Kryvtsov/ N'Koulou (depends on negotiations, I guess).

About wingers I have main shortlists as: ARDA (can play everywhere AMRLC); Barnetta, Vukcevic, Feghouli, DiMaria, Vargas. Also thinking about vdVaart seriously.

There are some good strikers available in the beginning of the game, but if I want to go with one strikers and also give playing time to Tafer, then I guess there is no urgent need for new one (still, we also have Gomis).

Will let you know how I've done with my transfers.

Lisandro had an average season for me ( 16 goals, 9 assists and 6 MoM in 32 games) probably due to the fact he picked up quite a few injuries.

Bruised rib - 7 days

Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

Damaged elbow - 13 days

Pulled hamstring - 3 weeks

Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

Strained knee ligaments - 7 weeks

Lisandro had an average season for me ( 16 goals, 9 assists and 6 MoM in 32 games) probably due to the fact he picked up quite a few injuries.

Bruised rib - 7 days

Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

Damaged elbow - 13 days

Pulled hamstring - 3 weeks

Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

Strained knee ligaments - 7 weeks

That's very similar to my game, think he has 9 goals and 8 assists and I'm in February. Bit of 2nd season syndrome as he got 30 goals in the first season.

transferking - Regarding wide players, Ederson seems to be quite underrated on here. I play him at AML, cutting inside or moving into channels and on cross rarely and he's scored 11 goals in 23 games for me this season which is a good return for his position. I have Gervinho on the other flank more as an orthodox winger and he's been great, within a few months of him signing Fiorentina put in a £22m bid for him. Michel Bastos is a very capable option also.

Oh and don't sell Källström! In the first season I genuinely think he's a better option than Pjanic - I'm around 3/4 of the way through my second season and he has the highest average rating in the league. Advanced playmaker/attack is how I use him (don't ask him to run with ball often though). He doesn't score that often, but he weighs in with many assists and consistently gets at least 7.5 average and around 6-8 key passes per match.

Was just about to add screenies to my end of season update then my internet explorer decided to freeze and I've now lost the update as a result. So I'll be lazy and just post screenies and not bother writing this time

End of 09/10 Season Update

Final Ligue 1 Table

Stars Team of the Season

Most Promising Player

Manager of the Season

Champions League Ginal

Coupe de la Ligue Final

French Cup Final

Im playing him upfront on his own as a DLF with attack settings.

Run from deep often and target man run onto ball and because he's strong and quite quick he just runs past the defence onto the AM's long ball :)

Just been given an extra 15m to spend gonna look for a top cb cos otamendi's been crud

EDIT : would really love Chiellini :( hope i can tempt him

My CBS are Toprak,Lovren,Jorgensen and Cris who is leaving in july, I can't decide weather to replace Cris with someone experienced (Chiellini or Mexes) or somene youthful (Wilson or Sakho)

I sold cris pretty much straight away cos he didn't look fast enough for my sort of football.

I sold Boumsong also cos he's not good enough (+he's a ranger)

brought in Miranda and Otamendi and also have been using Lovren .

Oh and btw buy Sakho Or Chiellini imo

Joe Never seen that before

------------------

Bafe has left for Aston Villa for a fee of £15M, while Fazio has arrived for the fee of £10M. I wish Chelsea would bugger off and stop trying to unsettle my players (Bodmer and Hazard).

I don't like signing Brazilian youngsters personally, partly because of the 18 years old rule, and partly because of the 4 foreign players rule, so I tend to stick to poaching my rival's youngsters :)

Cheers Joe, I did get him and the press in the unveiling said £3M cheap. And hes now labelled the next Christian Vieri.

Cool. Just don't let him mark anyone :p

It's still always best to check in january incase of potential superstars who will be already near developed when they get there :D

like this 14 year old who's got potential to be better than modric for 700k :) when he's 18 he'd probably cost millions

amqfs2.png

Evening all, just having a quick look through the thread, seeing many of the old faces that usually play with Lyon, haven't played FM in about 2 years now, was tempted to get FM08 loaded up again the other day but decided against it, need to get myself the latest instalment if I'm to play properly again..

Any major changes I should know about in game-play or anything since 08?

so, major part of whealings and dealings done...

OUT: Boumsong (6M from ManU) and Delgado (4,9M from Wolfsburg)

IN: Arda Turan (15M over 48 months), Afellay (13M), Lukaku (2,5M+6,5M over 48m + Miguet), Digne (1,2M), Wilson (2,7M).

As I asked for more wages and got it, I still have 9,23M to spend.

I intend to go with 4231 formation (2DMC, AMC, wingers). Where should I strengthen? Should I offload Källström? What should I do with Gomis/Lukaku/Tafer?

Squad ATM:

GK: Lloris/Vercoutre

RB: Reveillere/Cris/Gassama (Lovren if needed)

LB: Cissokho/Digne (Wilson)

CB: Cris/Lovren/Bodmer/Wilson (Toulalan)

DMC: Toulalan/Makoun (Källström, Gonalons, Mehamha)

AMC: Afellay/Pjanic/Ederson/Källström (Turan, Grenier)

AMR: Afellay/Govou/Turan

AML: Turan/Bastos/Ederson (Afellay, Källström)

ST: Lisandro/Gomis/Lukaku/Tafer (Lacazette)

Archived