FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

Got about 10 games left in the season (Unless I manage to get past juve), and was wondering if people have some half-decent players come through the Lyon academy second season?

Yeah I did. If you go to page 66 of this thread and ctrl+f search for "Agnaou" and click the link, he came through the academy second season. I've had a couple of good players since him as well, so I think the Lyon academy is pretty highly rated.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's another end of season update:

Season 2 - 2010-11

This was how the top 5 finished, good to retain the league. Can't complain but its a pity the AI couldn't mount any kind of title challenge like the first season.

Also won the Coupe de la League beating PSG on penalties when both teams had to play with a number of reserves due to international call-ups which was odd. Beat OM in the Cup Final 1-0, Grenier picking a good time to score his only goal of the season. Chelsea beat us 2-1 in the Champions League after Lisandro broke his ankle and Toulalan got sent off.

Here were my top goalscorers for the season, the fact that Necid topped scored after starting only 14 games explains how often rotation and injury played a part:

1. Tomas Necid      18 goals in 14(15) games
2. Ederson          14 goals in 30(10) games
3. Bafétimbi Gomis  13 goals in 25(11) games
4. Lisandro Lopez   10 goals in 26(3) games
5. Michel Bastos     9 goals in 30(13) games
5. Mathieu Bodmer    9 goals in 36(3) games

Player of the Season: Kim Kallstrom. Simply the most influential player in the league and ridiculously consistent.

Surprise Player of the Season: Tomas Necid. Not the most gifted, but prolific when given the chance. Very dangerous as a target man with orthodox wingers to support him.

Govou and Cris will be released now. Think I'll sell on Toulalan, obvious target is Sissoko with Capoue as 2nd choice.

Releasing Cris. :( Selling Toualan, congrats with your season, unlucky in Europe though!

Got about 10 games left in the season (Unless I manage to get past juve), and was wondering if people have some half-decent players come through the Lyon academy second season?

I've had three to date, none on 10.3 yet. But that is because I haven't started a save on 10.3 :D

Yeah I've still got Pjanic, he's my best player, but they play in different positions for me as I like to have them in the same team. I think I need to decide now whether to offload Alexis, but I'm almost 100% Gourcuff will be staying.

Anyone had any experience with Bakary Sako?

I just noticed him for a France game in which he scored a hat trick in a 3-0 win, his attributes look pretty good. Anyway I've just had a revelation in my mind which makes Sako not important to me anymore. I'm gonna sell Alexis Sanchez (:(), which is a shame as he's been absolutely brilliant for me, but if he doesn't want to stay, then he has no place in my squad - especially if he isn't French.

With the sale of Alexis, it means I would only have one natural wide player in the squad (Jovetic, who can play infield just as well), so I'm gonna shift my formation to a more narrow one. For the coming season I'll probably change the formation about a bit more, but I'm still in flux right now. I'll need to have a think :)

If you guys would be so nice to give me some good french players in every position except the gk one, having french as second nat. is also good of course.

DC:

DL:

DR:

DM:

CM (controlling role):

AMC:

AML:

AMR:

ST:

If possible, thank you. From firstteamstarters till backup players. Thank you kindly.

Purefun, a few players I've been looking at recently:

DC: Manga, Rami, Nestor

DL: Mathieu, Tremoulinas

DR: Corchia, Chretien

DM: Flamini

CM: Adrien, Chantome, Coutadeur, Witsel

AMC: Le Tallec (Damien), Yatabare, Feghouli

AML: Demba Ba, Boudebouz, Kakuta

AMR: Sako

ST: Sanogo, Mouche, Gameiro

With particular emphasis on Adrien, Le Tallec and Boudebouz :thup:

Rami is a solid defender and gets a few goals by attacking the far post. Also, for LB, I haven't bought him yet but definetly will: El Kaoutari.

Joe, great list though. With me only signing French players it's shown me a few more that I might go after. I didn't realise how bare my squad was at the moment, with no reserve players.

Is the Manga on your list Senagelese? Because I can't find a fully French one...

Right, so I've come up with a couple of formations that fit my players, which I'm gonna test throughout pre-season and hopefully interchange in the season proper.

The players:

GK - Lloris, Ayite*

RB - Gassama, Azpilicueta

LB - Cissokho, Jansen

CB - Fazio, Sakho, Agnaou*, Geromel

DM - Sandro, Sissoko Toulalan, Gonalons

MC - Pjanic, Grenier, Mehamha

AM - Gourcuff, Jovetic, Pesenti*, Kakuta

ST - Lisandro, Yannis, Remy, Belfodil

The first formation is a more attacking base:

Lloris

Gassama Fazio Sakho Cissokho

Moussa Pjanic Sandro

Jovetic Gourcuff

Lisandro

Roles:

Lloris - sweeper keeper - support

Gassama - full back - attack

Cissokho - wing back - attack

Fazio and Sakho - central defender - defend

Moussa and Sandro - box to box

Pjanic - advanced playmaker - support

Jovetic and Gourcuff - attacking midfielder - attack (swapping over)

Lisandro - deep lying forward - support

And a more defensive base, although I think I'll use this one less often:

Lloris

Gassama Fazio Sakho Cissokho

Toulalan

Moussa Sandro Pjanic

Lisandro Yannis

Roles:

Same for the keeper and back four.

Toulalan - anchor man

Moussa - box to box

Sandro - deep lying playmaker - defend

Pjanic - advanced playmaker - support

Lisandro - deep lying forward - support

Yannis - poacher

hi.

was just wondering, how it comes, that so many people are playing with lyon^^

well would also like to take part at your daily discussions in this thread, so have decided to give a stop to my west ham career and to start one with lyon, after winning finally the champions league with west ham in my 5th season^^.

well what i first want is, to get rid of bargains like kallström,ederson and makoun, who are only getting on my nerves IRL^^

thought that selling all of them in the very first season would be too much, since there are only toulalan and pjanic left for the midfield with gonalons being regarded as a future prospect.

have reveillere and clerc for the right back position, so the rb doesnt need any more improvements, maybe next season.

on the left side, have only cissokho and unfortunately no back up, but i think, if the budget doesnt allow to buy a back up for this position, im gonna use lovren and reveillere as back ups, since they can play this position aswell.

well the centre back is lyon's biggest weakness irl, as chris and baumson can be world class and crap at the same time^^.

think for the first season starting with them and bodmer and lovren as backups would be enough, but am going to buy definately david luiz the next season, since the two are not the youngest and havent also the fitness status to play any longer at the highest standarts.

the dm position with toulalan my main man and bodmer as back up is well recovered, does also have makoun, who i try to get rid of.

ok lets come to the weakest position, which i think, i have definately to improve.

iam planning to play either a 4231 or 451, couldnt decide yet, but i need at least one man, who can play dm and cm, someone like moussa sissoko, but i think my budget will not be enough to buy him in the first season.

the wings dont need any improvements, as i think delgado,bastos and govou are good enough.

and for the striker position am gonna buy definately lukaku, cause hes always my main target in every career^^

so, hope some guys can help me, to find an ideal cm.

i want more like a working, box to box midfielder than a creative and more technical one am thinking of behrami but hes to expensive.

and what is also a main problem is, that my chairman allows me to have 17 assistant managers, but lyon doesnt have really good ones.

could you give me some pieces of advise, who i could sign? i need a lot for every category and it should be at least 4stars, who are also willing to sign for lyon.

have a nice night and have fun

Cris and Bodmer/Lovren should be the starting pair at centre back imo, Boumsong is only a decent fourth choice. You're right in looking to replace in the long term though, as even though the current centre backs are good enough for a season and I think there's areas that need strengthening more.

I think the Lyon midfield is one of the strongest areas, certainly better than the wings anyway. Toulalan, Makoun, Kallstrom, Pjanic and Ederson are five very good players and certainly good enough to start. Moussa Sissoko would be a great addition though, and you could easily afford him if you offload some of the deadwood.

I don't really think you need Lukaku, as getting a new striker, especially a young one, should be the last of your worries. Tafer and Belfodil will be able to lead to line in years to come, so for the money you have to spend on Lukaku it's not worth it imo.

My current OL coaches, excluding regens and current players, are: Tony Whelan, Anselmo Sbragia, Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos, Alexandre Grasseli, Cassiano Luis, Guy Whittingham, Marcel Lucassen, Damian Roden, Luiz Fernando Flores, Erick Mombaerts, Paul McGuiness, Fernando Resende, Oscar Rodriguez, Ze Mario, Eric Bedouet, Fabio Mahseredjian. I've only kept Sonny Anderson and Joel Bats from the original staff.

Cris and Bodmer/Lovren should be the starting pair at centre back imo, Boumsong is only a decent fourth choice. You're right in looking to replace in the long term though, as even though the current centre backs are good enough for a season and I think there's areas that need strengthening more.

I think the Lyon midfield is one of the strongest areas, certainly better than the wings anyway. Toulalan, Makoun, Kallstrom, Pjanic and Ederson are five very good players and certainly good enough to start. Moussa Sissoko would be a great addition though, and you could easily afford him if you offload some of the deadwood.

I don't really think you need Lukaku, as getting a new striker, especially a young one, should be the last of your worries. Tafer and Belfodil will be able to lead to line in years to come, so for the money you have to spend on Lukaku it's not worth it imo.

My current OL coaches, excluding regens and current players, are: Tony Whelan, Anselmo Sbragia, Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos, Alexandre Grasseli, Cassiano Luis, Guy Whittingham, Marcel Lucassen, Damian Roden, Luiz Fernando Flores, Erick Mombaerts, Paul McGuiness, Fernando Resende, Oscar Rodriguez, Ze Mario, Eric Bedouet, Fabio Mahseredjian. I've only kept Sonny Anderson and Joel Bats from the original staff.

yeah youre right, had also thought of replacing baumsong with one of these two, but as in rl he plays as a regular, thought, his stats might be good, since iam goingt to start the game now^^

well the lukaku thing is, that i really like him and hes always my must buy player^^ no matter, whether i have torres and villa upfront, lukaku is always in my team^^

but i let him always play his first half season in the youth team, which i also made in my west ham career, cause hes developing much better with the youth schedule and if you play champions league, he will count as a self grown youth player, which can be sometimes very profitable.

didnt never see belfodil play, but tafer is a huge prospect and had also bought him in my west ham career in the half of the 4th season, when he was 22 and not that well developed, but with my schedules and giving him some 1st team experience he developed very well. so i think, since i have the possibility, to care for him frome the beginning of the game, he might be as good as lukaku. so i would have one strong and tall monster and one very quick forward upfront, when lisandro might retire.

but lisandro will always be my first choice, since i get the impression, that he becomes older and loses his fitness atributes, which is deadly for a player like him, as he lives from his pace.

well will also change nearly the whole staff and gonna try to refill my staff with at least only 4+ star assistants.

what you think guys? winning the champions league in the very first season, is it possible :D? have reached the semi finals with west ham in my 4th season in the first champions league season and have won it the next year. so have needed 5 seasons with west ham, think 3 seasons should be the limit for me, since there i have to win it:D

i know it sounds difficult, but thats the fun and competition guys, otherwise would be very boring to not set such high aims^^

Montpelliers relegation was confirmed with 1 game to go; so I'm hoping that for under £4m I can get Carrsso (GK) and Al Kaotauri (sp) (LB/CB) to bolster the squad. Looks like Vertcourte and Makoun will both be leaving in the summer because they're unhappy, as will Rev.

Okay fair enough. Although I don't understand the attraction of buying Lukaku personally.

Champions league first season? I doubt you'll do it, but I hope you prove me wrong :) It took me until my fourth season to win it.

OutClassed what's the correct spelling of the LB/CB? I'm looking for a French LB but I haven't seen him anywhere...

END OF SEASON REVIEW

League:

I won the league with 5 games still to play, finishing with an impressive 88 points. Our closest competition came in the form of OM, who finished with 70 points. USBCO, Montpellier and Soachaux were relegated this season.

Awards:

Players Player of the Season: Lisandro

Star of the Season: Pjanic

Most Promising Player: Lloris

Star Team of the Season: Rami, Gourcuff, Pjanic and Lisandro. Subs: Lloris, Toulalan, Gomis & Lazzy

Top Goalscorer: Lisandro (1st= 25 goals) & Gomis (2nd = 23 goals)

Most Assists: Pjanic (1st = 17 assists) & Lisandro (2nd = 14 assists)

Manager of the Season: Me

XI of the Season: Lloris, Cissokho, Bodmer, Rami, Gourcuff, Pjanic, Lisandro & Gomis.

Cups:

French Cup: Out to Bordaeux on penalties after drawing the game 2-2.

CDL: Won the final against Lille, with a weak team; 2-1.

Europe: Out in the second KO round by Juventus.

Transfers:

El Kaoutari - £3.5m

Briand, Feghouli and N'Diaye all coming in on frees.

Again, still holding out for that wonderkid through the academy.

JUST had an invitiation to the U19s league, but not to a reserve league at the same time. Last year it says I won the Reserve league, but I can't view any of the results or games. I have France (CFA and above) loaded; and if I don't have a reserve team properly then I think I'd consider starting again.

Had the same problem with my reserves on my last save. One year they were playing the other they weren"t well I couldn't see results, I guess it has to do how many players are loaned out (I think).

Welcome to the mighty Lyon thread el magico. Why so many people play this team, well it most certainly has to do with me :D, surely not that Hopey. :p:p

Hey all!

Just fired up a new save with Lyon. :thup:

First time I`ve played in France on FM10 and was just wondering if anyone could give some tips for som good french prospects.. Not players like Sakho,Moussa Sissoko,Cheik Mbenguè etc etc.. but more "unknown" players who will develop to good Ligue 1 players.

Thanks and cheers! :)

Hey all!

Just fired up a new save with Lyon. :thup:

First time I`ve played in France on FM10 and was just wondering if anyone could give some tips for som good french prospects.. Not players like Sakho,Moussa Sissoko,Cheik Mbenguè etc etc.. but more "unknown" players who will develop to good Ligue 1 players.

Thanks and cheers! :)

Also welcome and good luck mate.

Looking for a French centre back to act as fourth choice. They should be at least reasonable in every area of being a CB, but they don't have to be brilliant. Age isn't too much of a worry, but I'd rather they were under 30.

I was looking at Michael Ciani, but if anyone has any better ideas then I'd be grateful :)

France won the WC in my first season, Nasri scored a 30-yard free kick on extra time which looked amazing (well, as mazing as little dots can get). Lloris kept 5 clean sheets out of 7 as well :D

Someone else doesn't use 3D? What is this :eek:

was just wondering, how it comes, that so many people are playing with lyon^^

well would also like to take part at your daily discussions in this thread, so have decided to give a stop to my west ham career and to start one with lyon, after winning finally the champions league with west ham in my 5th season^^.

well what i first want is, to get rid of bargains like kallström,ederson and makoun, who are only getting on my nerves IRL^^

Why are those three players getting on your nerves in real life? :confused: Anyway, welcome and good luck!

so, hope some guys can help me, to find an ideal cm.

i want more like a working, box to box midfielder than a creative and more technical one am thinking of behrami but hes to expensive.

You have the ideal CM in Bodmer and Toulalan? Otherwise Lass? Defour?

END OF SEASON REVIEW

League:

I won the league with 5 games still to play, finishing with an impressive 88 points. Our closest competition came in the form of OM, who finished with 70 points. USBCO, Montpellier and Soachaux were relegated this season.

Awards:

Players Player of the Season: Lisandro

Star of the Season: Pjanic

Most Promising Player: Lloris

Star Team of the Season: Rami, Gourcuff, Pjanic and Lisandro. Subs: Lloris, Toulalan, Gomis & Lazzy

Top Goalscorer: Lisandro (1st= 25 goals) & Gomis (2nd = 23 goals)

Most Assists: Pjanic (1st = 17 assists) & Lisandro (2nd = 14 assists)

Manager of the Season: Me

XI of the Season: Lloris, Cissokho, Bodmer, Rami, Gourcuff, Pjanic, Lisandro & Gomis.

Cups:

French Cup: Out to Bordaeux on penalties after drawing the game 2-2.

CDL: Won the final against Lille, with a weak team; 2-1.

Europe: Out in the second KO round by Juventus.

Transfers:

El Kaoutari - £3.5m

Briand, Feghouli and N'Diaye all coming in on frees.

Again, still holding out for that wonderkid through the academy.

Congrats with your season, shame about Europe and the French cup. :(

surely not that Hopey.

Reported for trolling. :thup:

Hey all!

Just fired up a new save with Lyon.

Thanks and cheers!

Welcome and good luck franklin!

There's a fantastic shortlist in the OP

el sid, what a guy this man is. :cool:

Looking for a French centre back to act as fourth choice. They should be at least reasonable in every area of being a CB, but they don't have to be brilliant. Age isn't too much of a worry, but I'd rather they were under 30.

I was looking at Michael Ciani, but if anyone has any better ideas then I'd be grateful

Someone else doesn't use 3D? What is this

What season are you joe? Sorry I forget. :<

End of Summer Transfer Window Update (2013)

Another summer dominated by selling, but I did bring in a couple of players.

Ins:

Habib Bellaid - £2.8m

Marcell Jansen - £0

Outs:

Alexis Sanchez - £35.5m

Geromel - £15m

Johan Perez* - £11.75m

Jeremy Pied - £10m

Romelu Lukaku - £8.5m

Ilija Milekic* - £8m

Marco Verratti - £6m

Mathias Jorgensen - £5m

Mats Rits - £3.9m

Mesut Aydin* - £1m

Gregoire Bidegain* - £925k

Plus a few loans out and tons of frees.

Leaving my squad pretty much perfectly balanced, imo:

GK. Lloris, Ayite*

RB. Gassama, Azpilicueta

LB. Cissokho, Jansen

CB. Fazio, Bellaid

CB. Sakho, Agnaou*

B2B. Moussa, Sandro, Mehamha

AdP. Pjanic, Grenier, Pesenti*

BW. Toulalan, Gonalons,

AM. Gourcuff, Jovetic

DLF. Lisandro, Belfodil

ST. Yannis, Remy

July/August Results Update (2013)

Trophee des Champions:

OM 0-1 OL - Yannis

Ligue 1:

OL 1-0 Metz - Belfodil

Nice 0-1 OL - Lisandro

Sedan 0-3 OL - Jovetic, Yannis, Pjanic

European Super Cup:

OL 3-0 AC Milan - Fazio, Jovetic, Belfodil

So despite a difficult start in terms of goalscoring, the 100% record is still intact, and we ended the month on a high with a crushing victory over Milan.

Player of the Month: Lisandro Lopez. Great form despite a lack of goals so far, however he's provided three assists and generally played really well. He's thriving with having a strike partner.

2nd: Miralem Pjanic.

3rd: Federico Fazio.

Ive never had an appeal accepted either

Joe Lukaku is a god playing complete forward with attack role, was averaging a goal a game for me at least!!

Ive had a problem because i havent won the CL even though ive got to the semis, then the finals, that some of my players wouldnt sign new contracts and wanted to leave ( Mexes, Lovren, Toulalan, cant mind the rest ) so ive been forced to sell some of my top players - i dont understand how though because my team is pretty ace and were getting closer and closer every season to winning the CL!!

Anyone else had that?

Decided im going to come back to my Lyon save, 2 quality a team 2 leave :D

Oh and i created a lisbon lions celtic team, and theyre godlike :D

Archived