FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beginning of the fifth. Ciani chose Atletico Madrid over me anyway, and now there really is nothing about, that I can find.

Rami? Bocaly? I see you picked up Bellaïd though.

This one's got me confused. It seems that my attacking coach and assistant manager are trying to make us "struggle"

There's a difference between deep and very deep. ;)

Help me

i'm falling in love with lisandro

:cool:

Just noticed Yannis Tafer's record in CFA-B this season just past was as follows (full detail matches):

Played: 15 Scored: 25 Assists: 7 MOM: 9 Av. Rating: 8.43

Thinking of doing something a bit radical for next season and getting rid of the big stars and playing with virtually an U-23's team (with a couple of exceptions) giving Tafer, Grenier, Gonalons, Gassama, Lacazette, & Mehamha key roles. When I say radical that means letting Lisandro move on :)

Yeah, I expect I'll no longer be welcome in this thread... Think Lloris and Cissokho will stay with Lovren as captain possibly. Will be tough to let my favourite players Bodmer and Kallstrom go but sentiment can't play a part in this wee project.

I suspect the CL will be a right off but the League should be a nice challenge.

September Results Update (2013)

Champions League:

Genoa 0-1 Olympique Lyon

- - - - - --43' Gourcuff

Ligue 1:

SM Caen 0-3 Olympique Lyon

- - - - - - - -4' Belfodil

- - - - - - - -9' Remy

- - - - - - - -17' Pesenti

Olympique Lyon 4-1 GdB

2' Lisandro- - - - -- 90' Cavenaghi

7' Gourcuff

43' Yannis

57' Carrasso og.

Le Mans 0-3 Olympique Lyon

- - - - - - - -34' Toulalan

- - - - - - - -80' Yannis

- - - - - - - -90+2 Sakho

What could have been a tough month in the league, facing two of the in-form sides of Ligue 1 in GdB and SM Caen. I was gutted to concede that Cavenaghi goal as it put an end to Lloris' clean sheet streak, which was at the time over 700 minutes.

The game against Genoa was more comfortable than it looked, and we should really have put more past them, with former OL star Toni Kroos having a quiet game.

Moussa Sissoko, Miralem Pjanic, Aly Cissokho and Stevan Jovetic are now returning from injury after all being injured on international duty at the start of the month. That will help enormous amounts as a couple of players were starting to show a bit of fatigue.

Player of the Month: Yoann Gourcuff. Despite still being unsettled and saying he wants to leave the club, he carried the team through the month in the absence of Pjanic and Jovetic. Two great goals capped a very good month for him.

2nd: Yannis Tafer.

3rd: Marco Pesenti.

Just noticed Yannis Tafer's record in CFA-B this season just past was as follows (full detail matches):

Thinking of doing something a bit radical for next season and getting rid of the big stars and playing with virtually an U-23's team (with a couple of exceptions) giving Tafer, Grenier, Gonalons, Gassama, Lacazette, & Mehamha key roles. When I say radical that means letting Lisandro move on :)

Yeah, I expect I'll no longer be welcome in this thread... Think Lloris and Cissokho will stay with Lovren as captain possibly. Will be tough to let my favourite players Bodmer and Kallstrom go but sentiment can't play a part in this wee project.

I suspect the CL will be a right off but the League should be a nice challenge.

Will be very interesting to see who you will sell and keep. I'd strongly suggest to keep hold of Bodmer though.

----

Joe your team scores nicely spread. :thup: (as in different players)

Hopefully I'll get a good stint on FM over the weekend, pre-season usually takes me ages but I will post my squad when I'm finished butchering it. If Bodmer's influence had been maybe two points higher he'd definitely be staying as captain, may decide to keep him anyhow.

I noticed that about Joe's scorers too, much prefer having a number of players getting close to double figures than someone dominating and hitting 50 odd goals.

Quick transfer update for the start of my second season:

In:

El Kaoutari - £3.5m

Briand - Free

Feghouli - Free

N'Diaye - Free

Vieira - Free

Colin ® - £1m

Beaeu ® - £1.1m + Reale

Camus ® - £1.9m

Out:

Clerc - Loan fee (£525k)

Court - Free

Gorgelin - Free

Henycninck - Free

Mensah - £4.4m

Anderson - £700k

Bastos - £9.25m

Piqionne - Loan fee (£425k)

Rev - £3.6m

Pied - Loan

Makoun - £8.75m

So £20m profit on transfers this month, which will probably be spent when I want to go after Sakho. Almost had Sissoko coming in for £8m + Rev, but he rejected me to go to Man City. I hope he fails there and he's available for about the same price :p

Here's the squad: (NF = Non French)

GK: Lloris/Vertcourte

RB: Gassama/Faure

LB: Cissokho/El K

CB: Bodmer/Lovren(NF)

CB: Rami/N'Diaye

DM: Toulalan/Gonalons

CM: Gourcuff/Kallstrom(NF)

CM: Pjanic/Feghouli/Grenier(Hoping to loan him out)

CF: Lazzy/Tafer

CF: Briand/Gomis

CF: Lisandro(NF)/Beau/Belfodil

The squad is now down to only three non French players, and only one of them I can see me replacing (Sakho > Lovren). Kallstrom was awesome last year, as was Lisandro, so unless I get offered £40m+ then they'll stay until they retire.

I'm really happy with the club finances, wages are down to £651k per week, and the balance has reached just over £100m. Youth facilities are being upgraded, then I'll ask for training to improve. And finally when we move to OL Land, I WILL have it expanded :p

I still have way too many non-French in my squad, but for the first season it wasn't my aim and now I can't bear to part with them :(

I think my spread of scorers has as much to do with the rotation of my strikers as anything else. It's still good though, I'd also prefer to win 5-0 with 5 different scorers than 5 from Lisandro.

Rami and Bocaly are both are OM anyway, no way they're going to let them leave. I'm happy with Bellaid, despite him being distinctly average.

Yeah I kind of got what they meant, but you have to admit it was phrased pretty badly...

Yeah, perhaps it should be worded better.

Thinking of doing something a bit radical for next season and getting rid of the big stars and playing with virtually an U-23's team (with a couple of exceptions) giving Tafer, Grenier, Gonalons, Gassama, Lacazette, & Mehamha key roles. When I say radical that means letting Lisandro move on

Moving on the SBGM. :( :( :(

So I've pretty much decided my rule set, unless I make last minute adjustments. The rules I will stick to are as follows;

- I will only sign French players, this can include some Africans If I so wish, i.e. Ghanaian, Côte d'Ivoire or Cameroonian but French will always be the first preferred option. Will always be the first preferred option. Note; this includes coaches and scouts were possible.

- I will have a Brazilian/Argentinean quota of three players (That's only three, not three Brazilians and three Argentineans!) Although this will be through the teams, so reserves and U18's are also included in this.

- I will not use any monthly instalments, all transfer fee's will be straight up money, I can use some incentives like X amount after fifty goals etc, or % sell on clause but 75% of the fee must at least be straight up cash.

- I will develop strong ties with other French clubs, ideally I'd like to have a big club as a feeder (by big I don't mean OM for example), more like LOSC, Lorient or Rennes. Along those lines, although this may prove impossible.

- I will put a set amount into newgens and youth French talent each year, either through improving my own facilities, scouting network, coaching quality or the purchasing of French youth players. Ideally all of those at the same time, but realistically it's not possible.

Tactical viewpoint;

I plan on developing a tactic that resembles how Lyon played back five years ago, basically a controlling tactic. Where possession is king, a solid back line with a combative but technically controlling midfield and someone to finish the end move.

More than likely going to be a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 variant, a 1-0 or 2-0 each game would do nicely! ;)

Going to ship out a fair few players, mainly to get the quota down. I don’t want a huge squad though, personally not a fan of this. Thinking a squad size of around twenty two give or take.

Rules aren’t that strict I know, but you have to walk before you can run. ;)

I had similar rules to bringing in a whole French staff, but I brought in three French coaches because there were no other good ones. Is it possible to be linked with a normal midtable Ligue 1 side? I'm affiliated with Havre but I don't think that that's the same thing.

I guess it`s ok to update my save with Lyon in this thread since everyone else is doing it..? :)

I like to use alot of time preseason to look for players,staff, fix frendlies and set up everything in details..

So far I have done just that, and I have a pretty good idea of players I would like to buy to my Lyon side. I always try to sign good youngsters and develop them to my liking. :)

Eden Hazard is the one player I really would like to get my hands on, and I was just wondering if anyone have signed him to Lyon before? If so, how much did you have to pay to get him?

I think he would fit perfectly for my 4-5-1/4-3-3 tactic. :thup:

And it will normally take 2 or more seasons to get to the stage where you get to pick your club. I think if I were to hand pick a club I'd want someone in Ligue 1 to loan my youngsters, but also a club with good training and youth facilities.

Auxerre would be a great club to affiliate with, as would Sochaux in my opinion. Both have very good/excellent youth facilities and training. Problem being Auxerre finished 7th in Ligue 1 last year, so unless they had a drop it'd be unlikely. Metz is a good choice though, and in my game both Metz and Sochaux are in Ligue 2 so it's very possible. Would mean I could cut my meaningless link with Reading.

I'm aiming for only French affiliates, except for merchandising ones.

Yeah, that is the problm. Just have to play the waiting game. ;)

EDIT;

I have also decided this time I will only load the French league [full], with the Argentinean [full] and Brazilian league [full] and that's all. Normally I load quite a few European leagues, but I'll select a large database.

Govou was one of my first sells :p Gomis is actually a pretty good striker for me, got over 25 goals in his first season and now rotates with Briand. That's one good thing in the second season, you can pick up some good players on a free, and there are always some good players in the teams that go down.

Only £5Million. :(

:eek:

I know you don't like him but thats well below par surely?

Having said that many an FM save in previous years with Spurs has seen my first act be to try and get rid of Robbie Keane as quickly as possible!

You did make sure he got out of France though, right? Just so he doesn't come back to haunt you.

*Sigh* Govou is still with me as he demanded I pay him £22K a week before he accepted RM's offer. £5Million is pretty good considering he only has a year left on his £71K contract.

Ahh, we have a cheeky editor

Did you make any drastic changes to any other players?

Not in that way, I didn't make all the Lyon youth's -10 etc. ;)

---

Changes I made were as follows;

Change Log from 10.3 -

Jean-Michel Aulas:

* Management increased from 8 to 15.

* Interference reduced from 12 to 8.

Lisandro:

* Jumping increased from 7 to 10.

* Removed his shoots with power PPM

To allow this change Lisandro's RCA needs to be set to 170, PA is now set at 176.

Aly Cissokho:

* Positions changed; DL set to 20, WBL set to 15, ML set to 10 and RB set to 1.

To allow these changes Cissokho's CA is now set to 148

Cris:

* Jumping increased from 9 to 12.

To allow this change his CA has been set to 150.

César Delgado:

* Dribbling increased from 15 to 16.

* Finishing increased from 10 to 11.

* Decisions increased from 14 to 15.

* Off the ball increased from 13 to 15.

* Teamwork increased from 11 to 12.

* Creativity increased from 14 to 15.

* Agility increased from 14 to 16.

* Balance increased from 12 to 14.

To allow these changes his CA has now been set to 148

Michel Bastos:

* Positional change; DL set to 12, WBL set to 12, ML set to 20, AML set to 20, MC set to 10, MR set to 15, AMR set to 15, Free role set to 12.

Maxime Gonalons:

* Work-rate increased from 13 to 14.

No changes required in his CA.

Jérémy Toulalan:

* Positional change; DC set to 15, DMC set to 20 and MC set to 15.

* Dribbling increased from 11 to 12.

* Marking increased from 13 to 14.

* Decisions increased from 14 to 16.

* Balance increased from 15 to 17.

* Removed his dive into tackles PPM.

To allow these changes his CA has been changed to 165 with a PA of 170

Hatem Ben Arfa;

* Temperament has been increased from 10 to 13.

Oh and Bafé has been given the PPM of shoots with power as this is more realistic, unlike Lisandro who shouldn't have the PPM. Purefun has the file, so does tomtuck but I don't think he's using it he just wanted to see what I had or hadn't done.

Archived