[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

@ saulty2805, relasing players will be my secondary option if no offers come in..

@stinger2001, Hansen has only played 1 game so far but I think he shall be a good signing.

@arsenalyounguns, The skin is called Klasa and is avaidable here... Klasa

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brand.gifSamoa.gif

"American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of the sovereign state of Samoa, formerly known as Western Samoa. The main (largest and most populous) island is Tutuila, with the Manuʻa Islands, Rose Atoll, and Swains Island also included in the territory. American Samoa is part of the Samoan Islands chain, located west of the Cook Islands, north of Tonga. Their population as of 2000 was 57,291." Taken from Wikipedia.

My international career begins. American Samoa are 206th in the world, the 3rd worst team in the world :eek:. What have I gotten myself into. I got straight into action as my first game was straight up against Papua New Guinea in our OFC Nations Cup clash. Unfortunatly we had already been elemininated so this was an experiment game. Papua New Guinea are ranked 141st in the world rankings.

Fianl Score from National Sports Staduim, Suva

Papua New Guinea (Mataio 11) 1-0 American Samoa

A game which we didn't expect to win, didn't but still preformed good to only lose 1-0. We had in my view two great players out because they needed to rest. Several players impressed but I can't name any names as yet because I don't know my squad that well.

Oceania Nations Cup 2010 Group Stage

28th December 2009

Bah Humbug! I hate the Christmas period. To many games I am in the middle of a 3 games in 6 days streak!! To make it worse also, this next game was my catch up game. It was against St Albans, another Crouchaldinho vs Saxonaitor Showdown 2! :D

Crouchaldinho vs Saxonaitor Showdown 2!

Final Score from Clarence Park, St Albans

St Albans (Joynes 42) 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Knight 45+1)

Lets make things clear, this was not my best team. of my best 11, maybe 6 players were in. Stein Hansen made an atrocity to give St Albans the lead but that was short lived as Carl Knight popped up to score the equaliser. He then hit the bar later on and was unlucky not to be the 2 goal hero. Johnny Williamson may find himself in goal after the blunder.

Blue Square South Table 28th December 2009

Carl Knight

What is the St. Albans City team looking like now Saxonaitor? I mean in terms of the squad?

In particular, can you tell me how Paul Hakim, Ben Martin and Hassan Sulaiman are doing in your game?

Also, and I apologise in advance if I have missed this, but how come American Samoa are active to manage on your game? I thought you were using a small database?

Keep up the good work with your push for promotion. :thup:

Regards,

C.

What is the St. Albans City team looking like now Saxonaitor? I mean in terms of the squad?

In particular, can you tell me how Paul Hakim, Ben Martin and Hassan Sulaiman are doing in your game?

Also, and I apologise in advance if I have missed this, but how come American Samoa are active to manage on your game? I thought you were using a small database?

Keep up the good work with your push for promotion. :thup:

Regards,

C.

St Albans Squad

Paul Hakim

Nathan Joynes (New Signing) 13 Goals already!

Ben Martin

Hassan Sulaiman

I am using a small database..... Does that mean i'm not allowed to manage American Samoa? :D It may have somthing to do with the Australian League I loaded!

Thanks for the encouragement, the title should be a certinty this year...

Ben Martin a free agent? You should sign him up. :D

I only asked about American Samoa because normally when you use a small database they aren't active. In fact, they don't normally come up on a large database as far as I know! It's normally just the major nations really.

What are all of the leagues you have loaded then? It only says the British leagues in the opening post.

Thanks for posting the screenshots. :)

Regards,

C.

30th December 2009

We had hit a poor run of form and it had seen us not lose but now only 3 points behind second on 19 games. Stein Hansen will not start against my next opponents which were Hampton & Richmond away. It would be hard as the past week had seen to many games.

Final Score at Beveree Stadium, (Hampton) London

Hampton & Richmond (Harris 65) 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Van Den Berg 71)

The end of 2009 ended as a draw. A penalty was awarde to Hampton early, but luckily Williamson saw it wide. In the end, Hampton took the lead and we switched to our 4-3-3 tactic, which always seems to provide goals soon after. Van Den Berg got his 5th of the season. We are on the home stretch now and should be able to keep our good form going. We have only lost twice this season.

Blue Square South Table 30th December 2009

2nd January 2010

Happy new year!!! However there was no party for us, as on the 2nd, we had our toughest game of the season against Stockport County in the FA Cup 3rd Round. I was 1 of the 4 non-league teams left in the cup, but I felt that wouldn't last much longer. Kevin Scriven is gone, along with our physio, and we now have £250 to spend in wages. This is for a decent ass man and physio.. Yay..

Final Score at Edgeley Park, Stockport

Stockport County (Thompson 5, Purdie 40 Pen) 2-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Poate 60, McDaid 78)

An amazing comeback for us. By half time we had conceded 2 penalties and were 2 nil down. At that point I felt our FA Cup dream was over. However we bucked up after our subs came on, we energised and Poate got one back followed by McDaid adding on. A great result for us to be sure.

6th January 2010

My search for a ass man and physio has ended, with both applicants hoping to fill their positions. My physio has an improved physiotherapy of 14. This should imporve my injury times if my calculations are correct. I looked at some strikers and came up with a 33 year old replacement to fill the void as such. More news on him later. Next in the league would be 3rd place Welling in what should be a tough game.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Wakins 69, McDaid 74) 2-0 Welling Utd

A really great win for us, we looked in control all match long. Dylan Hughes was my sub in shiny armour once again as he inspired the squad to buck up and score some goals. We had missed chances before but Watkins and McDaid made two great breakaways to score their goals.

Blue Square South Table 6th January 2009

9th January 2009

Transfers, Transfers, Transfers! To start things off, some league 2 clubs are looking to accquire Dylan Hughes, the 24 Welsh right winger. He has just got into form after injury and it would be a blow to us if he goes. Luke Nightingale has rejected several contract offers to keep at the club. I am looking to get a new strike and one possibility I am looking at is 35 year old Dougie Freedman, the ex Crystal Palace hitman. He would be a useful asset to us, if only for the experiance. Our next game was against lowly placed Chippenham. It was a must win.

Havant & Waterlooville (Poate Pen 3) 1-1 Chippenham (Akinde 90+1)

Note; I did not view the match from 70 minutes.

A game which we should of won, but an injury time goal sealed us to 1 point. Comparing this to the start of the season, our performance was slighty worse. This was probably to balme on the absence of our midfield duo, Jon Docker and Ross Hepburn. We are still top by 4 points.

Blue Square South 8th January 2009

2nd January 2010

Happy new year!!! However there was no party for us, as on the 2nd, we had our toughest game of the season against Stockport County in the FA Cup 3rd Round. I was 1 of the 4 non-league teams left in the cup, but I felt that wouldn't last much longer. Kevin Scriven is gone, along with our physio, and we now have £250 to spend in wages. This is for a decent ass man and physio.. Yay..

Final Score at Edgeley Park, Stockport

Stockport County (Thompson 5, Purdie 40 Pen) 2-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Poate 60, McDaid 78)

An amazing comeback for us. By half time we had conceded 2 penalties and were 2 nil down. At that point I felt our FA Cup dream was over. However we bucked up after our subs came on, we energised and Poate got one back followed by McDaid adding on. A great result for us to be sure.

Typical County - throw away a lead. Who is the manager if you don't mind me asking? How unrealistic anyway - Peter Thompson scoring a goal, he couldn't hit a barn door irl

Sorry for the length in between updates here guys, I have been unable to spend an enought time to get ready for the matches (They take a while for me)

13th January 2010

The FA Cup replay was finally here! Stockport seemed overpowering and I was not expecting a result of any kind. Sounds optimistic dosen't it. :D. Well anyway I was still on the hunt for a striker and I will keep you informed of my progress.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)

Havant & Waterlooville (Oatway 82) 1-2 Stockport County (Rose 42, Pilkington 62)

Well we gave it our fair fight, and I don't mind that we didn't come out on top. Stockport really dominated and our great defence kept a respectable scoreline. Martin Hansen has looked to overcome his early jitters and looks to be a good signing. However David McDaid and Johnny Reynolds suffered some injuries, they will be out for 3 weeks and 10 days repectively.

Disappointing there in the cup Sax but you gave it a good go. As for the league, halfway point and it's looking good. Let's hope you can keep it up for the second half and claim promotion.

@Raware, thanks for the continuing support!

16th January 2010

Just 3 after my cup loss to Stockport, we had to face Worcester in the league. Many of my players are injured including most of the back line. Also my forwards are taking a battering, with McDaid, Booth and Sean Gordon still out. Luke Nightingale has proved that he can handle the big time over the past month, and I am considering remobing him of the transfer list.

Fianl Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Van Den Berg Pen 42, Watkins 89) 2-0 Worcester

A game which we controlled and maybe should of won by a bigger margin. Still however, we are lacking that the ability to hit the back of the net. That is most probably due to the injuries more than anything though. Still looking for a new striker however, and I have offered a contract to Cook Islands Striker Paul Luiz Van Eijk. His stats are a mystery but I have a good feeling about him. (Not Genie Scout) There is also an English striker by the name of Tom Craddock, an ex Middlesborough striker. He looks to be my main target for the rest of January.

Blue Square South Table 16th January 2010

23rd January 2010

We were back to our weekly schedule at last. However we had made a new signing in that week, Paul Luiz Van Ejik, the Cook Islander front man who could be Luke Nightingale's replacment if he decides he does not want to discuss a new contract. He would play his first game against lowly Sutton Utd, in a must win for us. In injury news, Paul Booth have returned from injury and should come back into the first team in a couple of weeks. Sean Gordon would start against Sutton, lets hope for no injuries.

Final Score at Gander Green Lane, Sutton

Sutton Utd 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Van Eijk 23, Docker 81)

A secure but shaky win. It could of been a draw really and Sutton were a threat right up to our second goal. Van Eijk looked very impressive, and he capped that with a goal. Over confidence is now becoming a factor in the team and it will be interesting who shall play or not. Tension grows over the right midfieder spot, with Vincent Van Den Berg and Dylan Hughes fighting it out for the place.

Blue Square South Table 23rd January 2010

Blue Square South Table 23rd January 2010

Disclaimer: My computer Stuffed up and these last two games, against Worcester and Sutton Utd, Will have to be replayed. I may, depending on the condition, may be changing things. These will be reflected in my posts.

Sorry to my readers,

Saxonaitor

26th January 2010

We are nearing the end of January, and with only 1 signing, it was a pretty uneventful transfer window. Tom Craddock has still not come back to me with his contract, and I fear he will not join us. In positive news however, several key names are returning from injury, most noteable including Jay Gasson and Paul Booth. Paul Booth is actully going to be on the subs bench for our next game. That game was against Bognor Regis Town who on a run of poor form, looked to be easy targets.

Final Score at Nyewood Lane, Bognor Regis

Bognor Regis Town (McGhee 77, Williams 85) 2-0 Havant & Waterlooville

Well I had been saying over confience was a problem, and it showed here today. We never could really get into any real rythem and the few chances we had were squandered by Luke Nightingale. Paul Booth came on late as a sub a didn't get injured like last time. :)

It's only our 3rd loss of the season, but I still feel disapointed at the performance.

Blue Square South Table 26th January 2010

30th January 2010

We had suffered our 3rd loss of the season. I was looking forward to the squads reaction to our next match, against Bath. Our squad is injury free now, with Ian Simpemba, David McDaid and Jay Smith all returning. Ian Simpemba would start this next match. Our front line was interesting, with Paul Booth lining up with my new signing, Paul Luiz Van Eijk. How would this partnership fair?

Havant & Waterlooville (Van Eijk 16, Docker 33) 2-1 Bath City (Turner 57)

A well deserved win for in front of our home supporters. Paul Luiz Van Eijk is proving to be a natural goalscorer, with his second in four games. Docker then added a second and it looked like we were already home dry. Although Bath got us worried after they got one back, we never looked in doubt and recorded our 18th win of the season.

Blue Square South Table 30th January 2010

To my viewers,

Some users have questioned this threads place in the Careers Forum, claiming that it is a story and not a career. I have made a poll on General Discussion for people to register their vote. I will most likely be using the forum that most people decide on. Their is a timer set for 3 days, so be quick and register your vote.

Thanks

Saxonaitor

To my viewers,

Some users have questioned this threads place in the Careers Forum, claiming that it is a story and not a career. I have made a poll on General Discussion for people to register their vote. I will most likely be using the forum that most people decide on. Their is a timer set for 3 days, so be quick and register your vote.

Thanks

Saxonaitor

Who would dare to do that :D

Love ya Sax :thup:

To my viewers,

Thanks

Saxonaitor

On result of this poll that got closed (thanks to dafuge :D), this thread shall stay in Career Updates. I think it is fiting as this was the first career thread.. :D

6th Febuary 2010

We were coming in to the last few months of the season, and we look to be cruising, especially now we have our full squad back. We would start our supremo stikers of the season up front, David McDaid and Paul Booth up front. I was expecting goals against an average Maidenhead side.

Final Score at York Road, Maidenhead

Maidenhead 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Rose OG 25, Taggart 54, Booth 58)

A good victory for us. Paul Booth is still a influencial figure on the pitch, and proves that point when we play like we did today. Martin Hansen also returned and made seceral fantastic saves. This is fantasic news for me as it means I know we have a secure man between the sticks. Our lead increses over Thurrock to 6 points.

Blue Square South 6th Febuary 2010

One thing that I have noticed but you are using the first database not 9.3.0

Yes I am.. Does that matter...

Anyway, I am proud of this thread. It was the first of it's kind when it appeared in GD all those weeks ago...:cool:

13th Febuary 2010

We were slowly but surely pulling away from Thurrock, and already I can't get relagated from the league. Martin Hansen has been a brick wall and he has not conceded a goal in 300 minutes at the moment. Our next opponent was Bishops Stortford, who main player, 40 year old Dean Windass would have to be watched carefully..

Final Score at Weslaigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway Pen 53, 75) 2-0 Bishops Stortford

A win which really was lucky for us. We played well but couldn't finish and if not for the 2 penalties we would have probably drawed. Martin Hansen was again outstanding in goal and he is proving to be my signing of the season.

Blue Square South Table 14th Febuary 2010

20th Febuary 2010

Another week, another game to come. Ashford boss Billy Donnelly claimed Gary Holloway to be my main man, and he is partly right in those circumstances. I am expecting both him and Jon Docker to pull the strings in midfield and control the game. I have confidence they shall do this.

Final Score at Short Lane, Ashford

Ashford (Middlesex) 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 4, Holloway Pen 43)

A good win for us which got of to a flyer thanks to Booth. He has been in spectacular form since he returned from injury and I hope he shall keep up his form. Unfortunatley for him though, he has once again suffered an injury and he will be out for 5-6 weeks. McDaid better start scoring now.

Blue Square South Table 20th Febuary 2010

27th Febuary 2010

The race for the title was now almost over. We were 10 points clear of 2nd place Thurrock. and the title is surely ours now. Sounding optimistic I know but I can't see us slipping up now. Martin Hansen still hasn't concdeded a goal in 400 minutes now.

Final Score at Cressing Road Staduim, Braintree

Braintree 0-4 Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 18, Docker 27, Hepburn 62,79)

Braintree have been dreadful this season compared to last. Last season they finfished in the play offs, this year they are danger of relagation. I was confident of a win and got a big one, with McDaid getting on the scoresheet for the first time since his injury. He played brilliantly today and deserved his goal. Ross Hepburn came of the bench and scored 2 great goals from outside the area.

Blue Square South Table 27th Febuary 2010

6th March 2010

Begining the month well, with another manager of the month award for a month without dropping any points. 2 more months to go before we claim our title and advance to the elite division of non league football. Next up we had a team that I never underestimate, Newport County. I was hoping for another comfortable win.

Havant & Waterlooville (Hepburn 59, Taggart 65) 2-1 Newport County (Cooley 70)

A win which shall be mared by injuries. Van Den Berg and Dan Spence will both be out for 5-6 weeks and on a result of Docker's injury, I may be sending him on holiday to recover from exhaustion. The game was saved by Ross Hepburn, my sub in shining armour when he grabbed a goal, and then set up Taggart for the 2nd.

Blue Square South Table 6th March 2010

Keep up the good work. Nice story/carrer by the way. Hope it continues

Thanks for that comment V|P3R, hope youn keep reading to find out what happens.

9th March 2010

Our great form is continuing, but I am worried that with our injuries we shall slip up. This would be tested greatly when we faced Eastleigh. One of two teams that have beaten me this season, their 4-2-4 formation would prove difficult to keep scoreless.

Final Score at Silverlake Staduim, Eastleigh

Eastleigh 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 32)

A big test for my players and they prevailed, thanks to my shut up shop defence. They operated very well the whole game and evan though Martin Hansen saved a penalty, the credit still goes to the defence. McDaid is getting back into goalscoring form, that was his 11th of the season now. More jobs are becoming avaidable every week, i'm just waiting dor the offers.

Blue Square South Table 9th March 2010

Keep up the good work. Nice story/carrer by the way. Hope it continues

Thanks for that comment V|P3R, hope youn keep reading to find out what happens.

9th March 2010

Our great form is continuing, but I am worried that with our injuries we shall slip up. This would be tested greatly when we faced Eastleigh. One of two teams that have beaten me this season, their 4-2-4 formation would prove difficult to keep scoreless.

Final Score at Silverlake Staduim, Eastleigh

Eastleigh 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 32)

A big test for my players and they prevailed, thanks to my shut up shop defence. They operated very well the whole game and evan though Martin Hansen saved a penalty, the credit still goes to the defence. McDaid is getting back into goalscoring form, that was his 11th of the season now. More jobs are becoming avaidable every week, i'm just waiting dor the offers.

Blue Square South Table 9th March 2010

13th March 2010

The games are flying thick and fats toward the the end of the season, 10 more games to go! I hope to have wrapped up the title with 4 games to go, so I can play some reserve players and hot youth prospects. Another injury now with Carl Knight out for 4 weeks, with this is mind, Jon Docker will not go on holiday and he will stay on. Next up on my hitlist were struggling Lewes, lets give them some concreate shoes :p

Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway 15, McDaid 63) 2-0 Lewes

Another win for us and done in considerable fashion, with top scorers Holloway and McDaid putting in the goals. In the manager front this weekend, BSP side Stevenage and Bolton Wanderers have lost their managers.

Blue Square South Table 13th March 2010

20th March 2010

A finish in the play offs is almost assured now, with our lowest possible position of 9th. Next up was in form side Eastbourne Boro, who had won their last 5 straight. A BSP side last year, this would be another test for my galiant troops.

Final Score at Priory Lane, Eastbourne

Eastbourne Borough (Smith 15) 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville

Our 3rd defeat of the season, but we were simply not good enough to match Eastbourne. They matched and destroyed us in all areas of the pitch. Our forwards hardly got a shot on goal, which is unusual for us. This loss still sees us top by over 10 points however so we should still we the title.

Blue Square South 20th March 2010

Are you still continuing with this Sax? It'd be a shame if you wasn't after all of the hard work you've put in. With only 12 games left and 11 points between you and 2nd place, promotion has surely got to be on the cards hasn't it?

Are you still continuing with this Sax? It'd be a shame if you wasn't after all of the hard work you've put in. With only 12 games left and 11 points between you and 2nd place, promotion has surely got to be on the cards hasn't it?

It's still on and updates will contiue until the end of the season to be sure. But from there, I may be closing this thread as I think I have made the wrong decisions in term of leagues. But I may continue, however it is looking less likely by the match.

27th March 2010

Our loss against Eastbourne Borough hurt our run of good results, but we would have to step up as our next opponent, 2nd place Thurrock. It would be 1st vs 2nd and a game which we would have to win to really boost our confidence going into the last few games.

Havant & Waterlooville (Hepburn 79, McDaid 87) 2-1 Thurrock (Lake 31)

A game which we should not of won. A great but to late comeback, in which we looked impressive. However the other 80 minutes were pretty despicable, we could not get the ball in the net. We looked impressive in the midfield area, but our forwards couldn't hit the net. Paul Booth and Dan Spence are now fit to play, but in this game Paul Luiz Van Eijk got injured and he will be out for 3-4 weeks. In other news we have already reached the play offs.

Blue Square South Table 27th March 2010

brand.gifSamoa.gif

31st March 2010

My 2nd game as American Samoan Manager would be a friendly against Vanatu, who were ranked 107th in the world. Our ranking had taken a jump since our last match, from 206th to 192nd. I was hoping for a draw at least, but I wasn't feeling that optimistic.

Final Score at Korman Stadium, Port Villa

Vanuatu (Yelou 6, Vatu 86) 2-0 American Samoa

Missed chances cost us in this match, with several one on one chances going over or being saved. The only regen in the entire squad, and arguably our best player, Tomislav Grant disapointing and may find himself not on the first 11 next match. This result jumps us 1 plac up to 191st in the rankings.

3rd April 2010

April had come about, and with play offs already secured, it should not take us long to secure the title. Paul Booth and Dan Spence have returned to play for us against Team Bath. Another win should be on the cards here.

Final Score from Twerton Park, Bath

Team Bath 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 8)

A small fianl margin doesn't tell how much we dominated this game. We deserved the early goal due to some sliky passing connecting McDaid to the goal. From there we had chances but could not convert. A big concern when Gary Holloway got stretchered off but it seems he is okay, and that we have avoided a big concern. In job news, I am favourite to get the Northampton job if they do not offer another contract to their current manager.

Blue Square South Table 3rd April 2010

5th April 2010

In 2 days, several things had happened. We had a new addition in our squad, defender Mark Williams. He looks to be of quality but have to build up his fitness in the reserves first and that may take a couple of weeks. Another thing to happen was the sudden bankruptcy of Derby County. I will hope to accquire some of their reserve players on cheap deals, indeed I have a 2k transfer budget and £500 in wages to spend. The next Showdown was here! :D

Crouchaldinho vs Saxonaitor Showdown 3

Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 26, Hepburn 40, Jeaninn 60 Pen) 3-1 St Albans (Joynes 35)

It's 3-0 in showdowns now Crouchy :D. A valiant effort by St Albans but they were no match for my Havant side. McDaid and Hepburn had arguebally their best games of the season. Joynes 18th goal of the season came from a supposed clearence for Docker that went straight into the box. Needless to say I was :mad:. Hepburn then scored a crazy solo effort and Jeaninn added a penalty to seal the impreesive win.

Blue Square South Table 5th April 2010

10th April 2010

Not long now until the season is over and the championship should be ours. I have already Dorchester's table winning 79 points by 10 and Thurrock should not catch me. Next up was 3rd place Chelmsford and I was not expecting us to comfortably win, we would have to earn it.

Final Score at The Chelmsford Sports and Athletics Centre, Chelmsford

Chelmsford City (Godfrey 15) 1-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Van Den Berg 27, Booth 30)

We have done it! We have comfotably won the league now, and still with 4 games remaining. A win here today that proved our stamina our courage to come from a goal down to the lead in under 5 minutes. But my first championship in FM09 and I am happy as it is well deserved. :D :D :D

Blue Square South Table 10th April 2010

17th April 2010

I am being reconaigsned as a quality manager now,being linked with league 2 and several league 1 clubs. If I do leave Havant & Waterlooville then it is likely to be for one of those clubs in the upper leagues. However, the league season had to be finished first before I started to look for jobs.

Havant & Waterlooville (Taggart 12, Docker 16, 39) 3-1 Weston Super-Mare (Mullings 82)

We were scoring for fun in the first half with Docker getting both of his goals from direct free kicks. I basically told the players to back off in the second and we did so, although still having numerous chances. We let in a goal but in the grand scheme of things its not that bad of a loss.

Blue Square South Table 17th April 2010

Archived