[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second Page! My first thread to get this. Also 100 views. Wow I'm proud of this thread of mine.

More updates tonight. 5 games to go, may finish the season tonight :) Then I will provide a recap on leagues, signings etc.

18th April 09

After my pleasing loss against Thurrock. (Mental Note: never use "pleasing" and "loss" in the same sentance again.) I had a more closer look at the table. Maybe I was being to under confident, we were only 6 points out! With 4 games to go that seemed a margin that could be made, but one thing had to occur the other teams all dropping points. Would it happen? I had a chance to leapfrog Bromley in 10th as we played them at home. The time had come for that elusive 10th place to be ours.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 16,Booth 38,Illugason 40) 3-1 Bromley (Fazakerley 54)

A win were you can recap and say, that was an awsome match. We outplayed them in the first half and we were rewarded with 3 goals one from Jon Docker who is proving to be a top class signing and my strikers ended their goal droughts in style. We move up to 11th after Chelmsford won. Welling lost two points on us so that is good. Table to follow, 3 more games to play. I can finish now 4th-16th so two more promotion spots but I cannot get relagated but like I was going to anyway.:D

bluesquaresouth18thapri.png

Side Note: Sheffield Utd Docked 10 points for going into administration!

21st April 2009

After the win against Bromley we had 3 games, 6 teams and 6 points to go before we could celebrate the play off dream. Our sturdy left back, Brett Poate was back from injury in time for our next match, against lowly placed St Albans in what dubed the match to be called "The Crouchaldinho vs The Saxonaitor showdown :D." (If you are reading this Crouchaldinho you should stay tuned for the score!) It was a must win, if results went our way we could be up to 8th place!!

Final Score at Clarence Park, St Albans

St Albans (Harkim 6, Hakim 9) 2-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Henry 21, Illugason 37, Docker 57) This is the Match to be Watched!! A download from filefront.

One word: Commitment. What a brilliant display of the beutiful game at it's finest. We were 2 down within 10 minutes due to some brilliant St Albans skills. (They wern't all bad Crouchy. :D) I changed our tempo and creative freedom to "Quick" and "Much" and St Albans didn't get a shot again for the half. Dylan Hughes, the right winger got injured around the 15 minute mark and Charlie Henry his replacement got the first goal due to some brilliant passing. Viktor Illugason gave one of his trademark headers to send us into the break 2-2. Looking at the table, if we won we would go 9th a draw would see us 12th or 13th. We had to win at all costs. The goal came by Jon Docker what a signing. 5 goals in 6 matches I think now. I sent me into rapture, I sware I was hanging off the ceiling at once and throwing the cat around. Standard procedure ;). What a match. Lifts us to 9th, 3 points away from the play offs.

bluesquaresouth21stapri.png

i only browse these forums but this new board, & particularly this career have inspired me to post:)

really enjoying read mate, play fm a lot myself obviusly but its nice to just read how others get on.

looks hopeful to make playoffs, never give up, u never no:D

btw, if you can get those irish guys on trial & you can reveal the attributes, would be interesting to see actually how good they are

Thanks Diamond Steve hounoured i'm your first post! I'll try for the Irish guys on trial thanks for the tip

Right guys that it's it until tomorrow night (24 hours time). If you guys download my match can you give some feedback would like to know whether it works good or not.

You've made up some serious ground there Sax! :thup: I'm confident that if you can keep up your current good form then you can reach the playoffs, proving my initial feeling about you being out of the playoff race wrong. Plus your goal difference is looking better than the chasing pack. Any idea what has turned your form around?

You've made up some serious ground there Sax! :thup: I'm confident that if you can keep up your current good form then you can reach the playoffs, proving my initial feeling about you being out of the playoff race wrong. Plus your goal difference is looking better than the chasing pack. Any idea what has turned your form around?

I think that my squad took those first two months to gel. Then my new signings Illugason, Hughes, Docker started to perform and we got results.

Has anyone tried out the match link yet?

25th April 2009

After the awe inspiring win against St Albans, we had high hopes going into a match against Braintree, 4th on the table and play offs almost secured. I looked at our table and sought out what we had to do. Bath, Worcester, Team Bath and Welling all had to lose for us to be in the play offs. It was a long shot, but we had to hope for the best. I named an unchanged squad execpt from Dylan Hughes, whose injury in the last game turned out to be a broken leg. Bad news for him he faces 7-8months on the sidelines. I expect him to be back November next year. I have been thinking about job offers as well, several news reports have come in with potential linking me to several jobs in Leugue Two as well as the Blue Square Premier. I shall have a long hard think.

Final Score at Cressing Road Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 36)

We won although on a different day it could have been different. An Viktor Illugason header proved to be the decicive blow in an unevantful match. Braintree kept pushing and pushing, but were never rewarded with a goal they really did deserve. The table is interesting but doubtful for the play offs. We sit in 8th still 3 points away from the playoffs. Table to follow wish me luck! :).

bluesquaresouth25thapri.png

2nd May 2009

This was it, the final game. We were up against AFC Wimbeldon, in 3rd and already guaranteed a play off spot. It was going to be tough. In other news however, I tried to raid the sinking ship HMAS Sheffield Utd. Made bids for two of their reserve central mids but both were turned down. I still need to find a striker to replace Illugason for next season.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville 0-2 AFC Wimbeldon (Kedwell 28, Mason 90+1):(

What makes this defeat okay is the fact that evan if we had won we still would not of got into the play offs. A deserved victory for Wimbeldon, they played well and we couldn't break them. Our final position for the league is 8th, a deserved effort worth congratulating from my perspective. Considering that I took over near the relagation zone in late November. We look on to next year. Will I jump ship? Will I stay on with "The Hawks"? Table and season recap to follow.

I also want to point out that

Hope you enjoy

bluesquaresouth2ndmayfi.png

Season Update 2008/09

This will provide a recap of the season.

Biggest Transfers:worldtransfers.png

Premier League:

Winners: Arsenal Runners Up: Manchester Utd Relagated: West Ham, Stoke, Hull

Championship:

Winners: Reading Promoted: Birmingham, Ipswich Relagated: Sheffield Utd, Nottm Forest, Doncaster

Scottish Premier League:

Winners: Rangers Runners Up: Celtic Relagated: Hamilton

FA Cup: Manchester United (Beat Arsenal 3-2 after extra time)

League Cup: Liverpool (Beat Arsenal 2-1 after extra time)

UEFA Cup: Bayern Munich (Beat Manchester City 4-1 in Final)

UEFA Champions League: Chelsea (Beat Arsenal 1-0 in Final)

Blue Square South: Winners: Dorchester Promoted: AFC Wimbeldon

Player of the season:1st Viktor Illugason 2nd Paul Booth 3rd Jon Main

These are my transfers for the season

And thus ends my first season with Havant & Waterlooville. If anyone wants anymore screenshots I shall provide. Arsenal did well all around, but failed to get the results in the cup finals. Newcastle finished 8th, just outside of Europe.

Unlucky Sax, only 6 points off but considering the poor first half to the season that you had, 8th isn't bad. Hopefully you can build on it for next season and claim promotion :thup:

soz mate i started one with my home town yeovil cause i couldnt get into the havant and waterloo one.
only one game mate and onli 3 points behind if u get tht win and the three above u lose ur gonna get a playoff spot. u can do it

Would you mind posting in English

The problem is that some people on these forums don't speak and write good english. So some people can't understand you when you abbreiviate like "tht", "onli", "u", "ur" and "soz". Most understand, but it's for the people with lesser english skills.

And yes I will be continuing the seasons. I'll do many more hopefully ;)

Monthly updates until the league system starts then match reports.

June 2009

This month was all about transfers, looking to get in and out. I only made one move for the month, Dan Spencecoming in on a free transfer. He should make a good cover and while Hawthorne is out injured with a broken leg (5-7 months) he should make the first team. I also organised a tour of Ireland, with fixtures against Bohemians, Drogheda Utd, Shamrock Rovers and Finn Harps. I also continued to harass Scott Sedgemore but alas, I think he wil not join us.

July 2009

Results: 1st July Bohemians 4-1 Havant & Waterlooville

5th July Drogheda Utd 3-0 Havant & Waterlooville

8th July Shamrock Rovers 7-0 Havant & Waterlooville

15th July Havant & Waterlooville 1-5 Reading

22nd July Havant & Waterlooville 0-3 Norwich

27th July Hucknall 3-2 Havant & Waterlooville

EDIT: 2nd August Havant & Waterlooville 1-5 QPR

Well not the most encouraging pre season. I wasn't expexting wins against Boh's, Drogheda, Shamrock, Reading or Norwich. Against Hucknall we put up a good fight but succumbed in the end, a disapointing result really. One game to go in QPR at home so revenue there but no win probably.

My balance is 161K in the red. Is that bad? There has been a profit of 40K this month due to home friendlies so hopefully that helps.

In the Irish tour I scouted out my youth. 4 Players stood out, 3 are midfeiders and 1 striker. They are: Ian Howard is a left midfieder that looks to be very, very promising. Gareth Broomfield is an up and coming midfieder who should be ready for the first team in about 3 years. Dean Berry is a striker with great acceleration, he could be useful as a quick fire sub to speed past defences. Carl Knight is a great midfieder who has already had first team experience last year. Considering calling him up to first team again.

:thup::thdn:

Two new signings this month in Ross Hepburn, who looks promising at MC and looks to be a number one starter. David McDaid is an Irish striker who looks to be Illugason's replacement and a good one at that.

"Clicks fingers toghether and rolls his neck. This is the warm up for season 09/10!"

8th August 2009

After the embarassing pre season, we had the league to look forward to. First up was Chippenham, the newly promoted team. This had to be a win surely. We made 2 new signings in 6 days, Sean Gordon is a striker that can replace Paul Booth when he gets injuries or drops off form. He may start instead of Booth but remains to be seen. The other signing was former Arsenal player Dutch Vincent Van Der Berg at right winger/striker. He was an impulse buy really. One look at his profile, awsome stats, former Arsenal U18's brought! :D. These two new signings would start alongside the other signings against Chppenham.

vincentvandenberg.png

seangordon.png

Anyways,

Final Score at Hardenhuish Park, Chippenham

Chippenham 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway Pen 85, McDaid 90)

Looks close does it not? It was a game where we played a quality passing game and looked to score on many occasions. New signings were great execpt for Sean Gordon, who never looked into it. Booth came on and we started to play better, getting us the two goals. This puts us up to 3rd and i'm certain this can continue.

bluesquaresouth12thaugu.png

@Hursty2.. Let me have my truimph while it lasts please! :D

@Cenotaph.. Thanks the song brought me through the anguish of no promotion :D

15th August 2009

The win against Chippenham was encouraging, and it made me certain that we would get the three points against Bognor Regis Town, who we beat 3-0 last season. With this improved squad I felt sure another similar result would be in the cards.

Final Score at Wesleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Van Den Berg 12, Docker 25, Booth 35, Simpemba 90) 4-1 Bognor Regis Town (Lombardi 74)

:D

What a result! Earlier I played 30 minutes of this game before my computer crashed and we were 2-0. This game was not much different, Vincent Van Den Berg looks to be the "Van Basten" of the BSS as he got his first goal of the season on 12 minutes. Jon Docker and Paul Booth contributed with goals and although Bognor got one back, they never looked dangerous. Ian Simpemba rounded up the game with a great header. We move up to 2nd and we look to stay there all season.

bluesquaresouth15thaugu.png

One of my philosophies in managing at the bottom and trying to get to the top is looking to youngsters released from the bigger clubs and van den berg certainly fits into that category. Yeah, i'm familiar with him after trying to sign him earlier in my save but failing miserably :(. I won't ruin it for you by telling you how he did :D

18th August 2009

After the clean sweep of Bognor Regis, my hopes were at an all time high. Okay it's only been 2 games but my team has been playing better and more fluidly than last season put together! My next opponent would provide the little test that I want. Worcester were my play off rivals last year and they finished ahead of me. Could I win against my old Rivals? (Kind of anyway)

Final Score at St Georges Lane, Worcester

Worcester (Heeley 79) 1-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway 40, Van Den Berg 65, Gordon 75)

To be honest, we never looked as impressive compared to my other games, but that was to be expected. Injury blows in the first half, with Booth going off injured and McDaid severly depleated. Both went off at half time. The new look attack was Sean Gordon and Vincent Van Den Berg. They did a great job, each getting a goal. Paul Booth will be out for 4 weeks with a calf strain but McDaid is fine. Went to 1st in the table :D :D

bluesquaresouth18thaugu.png

No comments people?

22nd August

With the transfer season closing up, I would not be bringing any new faces in. My wage budget was even due to Van Den Berg but it was worth it. Next up for me was Sutton Utd another newly promoted team. It had been 2 newly promoted teams 1 rubbish team and 1 hard teams now. An easy set of fixtures to begin the season. 4 from 4 should be mandatory.

Final Score at Wesleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Simpenba 9, Hepburn 34, McDaid 69,88) 4-0 Sutton Utd

A great game with Vicent Van Den Berg starring again. McDaid got 2 to add to his ever growing tally. Sean Gordon also started but he was poor in comparison to McDaid. He may find himself benched when Booth gets back. I great win which keeps me top of the table witha perfect points record.

bluesquaresouth22ndaugu.png

29th August 2009

After my win against Sutton I was 12 from 12 points and cruising at the top. No other team had managed to keep up with me, which left me in good spirit. On to transfers then. No new ones but it will be interesting when Dylan Hughes comes back from injury. Van Den Berg then may make the move to striker which means Paul Booth or David McDaid may be dropped to the bench. To much thinking involved there. I'm looking to sign a defender or goalie in January to improve at the back. My wages talk however, I will have to get some deadwood out first though. Next up was Bath City and another test for my team.

Fianl Score at Twerton Park, Bath

Bath City 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville

A game we could of won but didn't, due to the lack of hitting the net. We had chances and heaps but we could not beat the goalie. Cancelled out their attack so that was never a problem. Gordon again was poor :(. The squad didn't have that solid passing game of the previous 4 games and we lose our perfect points record.

bluesquaresouth29thaugu.png

EDIT: David McDaid out for 6 weeks :(

New to the forums I enjoyed reading your career so far. I liked the way you turned your season around last time, and I hope you win the league this year. Pre-season did no-one offer you any better jobs, or did you decide to stay loyal with Havant?

This post has been deleted due to a random crash of FM after this game. I did not save and thus the game will be replayed, telling you the score.

Sorry for the Inconveince

Sax

The save file is still up and running though. *phew*

Try and get the following players on loan, add a bit of pace and strength to your team.

Ben Hunt - Striker - Bristol Rovers

Lewis Haldane - Rw - Bristol Rovers

Sean Rigg - Lw/St - Bristol Rovers

Mike Green - Gk - Bristol Rovers

Archived