[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A reminder loyal viewers and first timers. Please vote on this thread. I want a honest opinion here guys but 3 stars or more please :D I kid Vote honestly please

And my game is saved now.....

8th September 2009

My fame is slowly growing! I was awarded manager of the month for August, managing to go unbeaten and only dropping 2 points. My next game was in a week and a bit against newly promoted Ashford (Middlesex). It should of been a easy game but my previous results where my game crashed. Penalty win followed by a shock loss made me nervous.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant (Conference Cup 1st Round South)

Havant & Waterlooville (Gordon 8, Henry 15, Watkins 17) 3-0 Ashford Town (Middlesex)

Third time lucky I suppose :D. It was over by 20 minutes, when we were 3-0 up. I stopped really watching after that. Craig Watkins, a transfer listed player from day one, he proved his worth today. He has been taken of the transfer list. Next up in the cup is Team Bath, who I hope to beat comfortably. Owens recommended 4 great players there but I shall not endauvour unless my wage budget gets lowered.

12th September 2009

After my cup victory, 4 days later I had potential promotion contenders in Maidenhead at home. In other news however, Dylan Hughes and Paul Booth have returned from injury and may play in 1-2 weeks. My dillema was who to put up front. Do I stick with the pair that destroyed Ashford? Or get Van Den Berg up front again??

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havnt

Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 16, OG 27, Watkins 37, Holloway 87) 4-1 MaidenHead (Pacquette 67)

Another convinsing win for us. The forward pair that destroyed Ashford started and they didn't disapoint one bit. Craig Warkins was better than Sean Gordon in many respects. Two 30 yard strikes from Docker and Holloway the highlight of course. We remain in first, still unbeaten. This is kinda boring now :D.

bluesquaresouth8thsepte.png

12th September 2009

After my cup victory, 4 days later I had potential promotion contenders in Maidenhead at home. In other news however, Dylan Hughes and Paul Booth have returned from injury and may play in 1-2 weeks. My dillema was who to put up front. Do I stick with the pair that destroyed Ashford? Or get Van Den Berg up front again??

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havnt

Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 16, OG 27, Watkins 37, Holloway 87) 4-1 MaidenHead (Pacquette 67)

Another convinsing win for us. The forward pair that destroyed Ashford started and they didn't disapoint one bit. Craig Warkins was better than Sean Gordon in many respects. Two 30 yard strikes from Docker and Holloway the highlight of course. We remain in first, still unbeaten. This is kinda boring now :D.

bluesquaresouth8thsepte.png

In the search box it has my player suggestion.:thup:

Mike green is terrible, the others are quality, so is Charlie Clough.

19th September 2009

My win against Maidenhead lifted me to 6 games unbeaten in the league. This was great news surely. I had also been looking around the various national teams to see if I could pick up an unattached bargin. Most rejected but 2 Macedonian defenders accepted my trial offer but were denied permits. Sel la Vie :rolleyes:. Next up was Ashford (Middlesex) again and I knew it was going to be tough as the cup did prove. Paul Booth is steadily getting better and should be starting in the next week or 2. Dylan Hughes should be fully recovered in a week as well.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway Pen 83) 1-0 Ashford Town (Middlesex)

We scraped through but only just. Their goalie saved so many shots it was outstanding and this is why we only got one. We dominated the match however and keep our unbeaten record up top of the table. Craig Watkins again preformed well and I will have a headache when Dylan Hughes comes back. :thdn:

bluesquaresouth18tsepte.png

22nd September 2009

My narrow win against Ashford extended my confidence. I appied for a new Parent club and I hope to find a better income earner than Reading. I await their decisions. Paul Booth I reckoned would come on as a sub in my next match against 16th place Braintree Town. This position didn't fool me though. Braintree finished in the playoffs last year so I didn't underestimate them.

Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 85) 1-0 Braintree Town

Another tight finish! My first direct free kick goal in FM09. From the edge of the area, Jon Docker converted to give me the three points on the day. Now comes the difficult decisions. Who do I play up front?? Van Den Berg, Booth, Gordon, Watkins!! Ahhhh. Now I am 6 points clear at the top!!

bluesquaresouth22ndsept.png

26th September 2009

I'll start of by saying that the board could not find a parent club for me. Oh well really. My next game was the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round against Bashley. An easy win and I will be playing my A/B team. (That is my half good team half reserve team).

Final score at The Reccreation Ground, New Milton

Bashley Town (Atkinson 60, Pen 90+2) 2-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Simpenba 2, Booth 32, Gordon 66)

As my subsistute goalkeeper went in goals for this match it is plain obvious that he won't be starting again anytime soon. A very early lead followed by tragedy. Paul Booth scoring and injuring himself in the same process. He will be out for 3 weeks now :(. Gordon rounded things off with a nice header. Ian Howard also started, and he will looks to be quite promising, he set up the 3rd goal with a brilliant cross. I got given £4,500 for winning and that will go towords my fianances, which are 200k in the red!!!

3rd October 2009

My somewhat disapointing win in the cup had been forgoten as I received the manager of the month award for September. This makes it 2 in a row with August being mine as well. Didn't I deserve it though ;). Reading came to me with the option to give Oliver Bozanic (Screenshot below) on loan. We await a work permit though so the move is in doubt. Next in the league was 6th place Newport County away from home. Considering my late form it could be tight.

Final Score at Newport Stadium, Newport (Who said staduim names were exicting?):D

Newport County 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway 15, Docker 26)

Another game were the two midfieders, like last January are scoring all the goals. They are great goals as well though, Docker scoring his from a passed indirect free kick! Our unbeaten run is extended to 11 games (All comps).

oliverbozanic.png

What do you guys reckon of Oliver?? Good signing? Is he as good as Viktor Illugason?

bluesquaresouth3rdoctob.png

*I am a game up on most people* *Obvious statement of the week*

I'm starting to feel sorry for Chippenham now

6th October 2009

Just 3 days after my league match against Newport, I faced a tough challenge in the Conference cup against Team Bath. This was the 2nd round, if you can remenber we gor past Ashford to get here. Oliver Bozanic's work permit was originally denied but I have appealled it and hope to get it.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant (Conference Cup 2nd Round South)

Havant & Waterlooville (Spence 17, Watkins 27, Holloway Pen 44) 3-0 Team Bath

Another convincing win for us in the cup. Dan Spence scored his first goal for the club, an aboultsute screamer from outside the box. Craig Watkins got himself back on the scoresheet after some absence and top scorer now Craig Holloway converted a penaltly to send us on our way to the 3rd round. On to transfer news then, Kevin Scriven, my backup goalie has been upset of late and now finds himself on the transfer list after I brought a goalie that should hopefully fill the position in years to come. Adam Lockhart (Screenshot below) is 17 and looks to be talented, all for £5 a week.

adamlockhart.png

Any comments on the new signing??

If Bozanic's work permit is granted he's going to rip up the league! Along with van den Berg! Lockhart doesn't look bad either for a 17 year old. Looking good after 10 games and it looks like you've got an air tight defence! Keep it up and you'll be champions in no time!

@NotWordsButDeeds; I think it should be my year, otherwise I shall be very upset

@Raware; I will update on Bozanic in the next update so keep tuned in. My defence is certinly air tight, we have only let in 3 goals in the BSS all season!

10th October 2009

Transfer news first here, Oliver Bozanic's permit application was denied and he will not be able to compete for us :(. Adam Lockhart is now a Havant player on a £0 week contract not kidding there, it's in the screenie. Next up was another cup match against Horsham, another side with all greyed out players. Now call me racist, but I hate grayed players. they always seem to punch above their weight just to make things difficult. Could there be an upset on the cards?

Final Score at A2B Woodside Stadium, Worthing (FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round)

Horsham (Johnson 24) 1-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Nightingale 20, Henry 45+1, Van Den Berg 47)

Not an upset my my goalie hadn't conceded in 300 mins before this match and unforunaly that was ended today. A good game which we dominated, Luke Nightingale the unlikely hero and man of the match. On to the 4th Qualifying round we go, where we face Bath. In other news, I applied for the vacant USA post but was rejected. Several Championsjhip sides are probably going to lose their managers some clubs include Hull, QPR and Watford.

17th October 2009

My cups had been relagated to second in my mind now, the league taking over again. The conference league cup 3rd round had been drawn, and I had to face BSP side Woking. A tough tie but one where we can best our metal against next season's opponents (hopefully):o. Next up in the league was 3rd place Eastleigh, which if their league position says somthing, it will be tough.

Havant & Waterlooville (Taggart 29, Hepburn 79) 2-3 Eastleigh (Millburn 14, Johnstone 31, Porter 86)

:( :(

My unbeaten run comes to an end at the hands of Eastleigh, and they really did deserve it. It's a shame though that their second goal was the flukiest I have ever seen in FM. Right back plainly means to cross it in to the back post, but misses the target and it plows into the top corner. Que Sera Sera. Craig Watkins missed some sitters and he shall probably not start for the next game. One silent preformer was Charlie Henry; he has been great of late and I am formulating a plan to permintly include in the first team. Level points with 2nd now but still witha game in hand.

bluesquaresouth19thocto.png

Great start to the second season.

Could you put up a pic of your first team squad list? Maybe in General view so we can see Age and Height etc. Do you have good bit of experience running through the squad?

Jon Main has always been a prolific goal scorer in my past games, but i have never managed to sign him. In one of my past games he went to Burton and formed a prolific partnership with Shaun Harrad which saw them score 70 goals between them. He might be one to look out for.

20th October 2009

Attidues were at a low after the disapointing loss to Eastleigh. Good news though, Paul Booth and David McDaid will start the next game as a duo and I have to hope that no injuries shall split them. This next match was against 17th place Lewes, who had been only relagated from the BSP last season. It should be an easy win

Final Score at The Dripping Pan, Lewes

Lewes (OG 50, Rivers 86) 2-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 7, McDaid 13, Hepburn 18)

Bad news now. Paul Booth is out for 3 to 4 months witha torn hamstring. This is terrible news for the 32 year old, this will rule him out until early March. After the match I was linked to the now vacant Lincoln City job. I denied interest as Lincoln are not in my plans as yet. Now 2 points clear at the top witha game to spare.

saxondurrant2.png

bluesquaresouth20thocto.png

Great start to the second season.

Could you put up a pic of your first team squad list? Maybe in General view so we can see Age and Height etc. Do you have good bit of experience running through the squad?

Jon Main has always been a prolific goal scorer in my past games, but i have never managed to sign him. In one of my past games he went to Burton and formed a prolific partnership with Shaun Harrad which saw them score 70 goals between them. He might be one to look out for.

My squad list is below and I hope that is what you wanted. Paul Booth my most senior player, my average squad age is 23 so a very young squad. Jon Main finished 3rd in player of the season last year with AFC Wimbeldon. However, strikers are not in my game plans at this point in time so I may hold out for a while

HavantWaterlooville-LincolnCityinte.png

24th October 2009

It's FA Cup time again! The 4th qualifying round saw me face off against Bath, a team which I had previously beaten before. So as would be expected I took high expectations into the game. Would I be upset?

Final Score at Twerton Park, Bath

Bath City (Stewart 12) 1-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Hepburn Pen 45+1, 76)

A brace from Ross Hepburn sees us into the 1st round of the FA cup. We fell behind early and the beads of sweat had already begun to show. However I kept mixing things up for the opposition ans we were rewarded with the two goals. Dylan Hughes came on for 20 minutes at the end. After being out for 7 months witha broken leg, it was a well waited return. Huddersfield have sacked their manager but I am not a contender. However there are a few clubs I would like to be given the oppurtunity to manage if the chance comes along.

We are still here.

Just waiting for the season to develop. When a few game months have passed we will find out if missing promotion has made the team hungrier for Success.

Thanks for the Squad picture. It looks like you have a Young squad with a bit of experience to help them along. I often struggle with only youngsters, that's why I requested the squad picture.

As Alan Hansen one famously said "You won't win anything with Kids" and we all know how that ended lol.

28th October 2009

My cup wins made my squad's morale at an all time high going into our match against Bishop's Stortford. It would not be a walkover however with Bishop's in 8th place and still not far of the pace.

Final Score at Woodside Park, Bishop's Stortford

Bishop's Stortford (Galvin 15, Woodhouse 53) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Gordon 65)

Our second loss and I feel that our form is slipping. David McDaid started alongside Vincent Van Den Berg and it just did not work. The pair will probably not start again. Sean Gordon was impressive as he came on and looks to start against Thurrock. Several jobs are under scrutiny, will I be taking one of them?

bluesquaresouth28thocto.png

31st October 2009

So we come to the end of the month. It's been a month dominated by cups and job talk. We still kept our impressive form however, evan though we suffered our first and second losses in the league. Next on the agenda were high flying Thurrock.

Final Score at Ship Lane, Thurrock

Thurrock 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 35, McDaid 82, Spence 90+1)

A comprehensive win for us. We never looked really safe or stable, but we still managed a 60-40 control on the match. Dan Spence gets his first senior goal, a cracker from outside the box what a way to start! McDaid also got one which is a good distraction from his under preformances of late. A spot in the BSP looks guaranteed almost now with continuing results like these.

bluesquaresouth31stocto.png

3rd November 2009

November had started, and I it has been almost a year since I took over as Havant boss. I think I have a positive impact on the team since I took over. I feel that this shall be reflected with our most probable promotion to the BSP. Our next match would test that against Welling in the BSP in the conference league cup.

Final Score at The Kingfield Sports Ground, Woking

Woking (Forrester 120+1) 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville

A heartbreaking loss for the troop. A missed penalty in the 25th minute for Woking signalled my intentions to attack and attack we did. However we could not get it into the net however hard we tried. An annoying fact that we conceded in the 120 minute of all times. I felt sure it would go to penalties and then we would have a chance of winning. Que Sera Sera as they say.

7th November 2009

My loss against Woking in the Conference Cup I had another cup match, this time in the FA Cup against old oppontents Dorchester. Dorchester were champions in the BSS last year and I hoped I could notch one up against them.

Fianl Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterloville (Docker 45, McDaid 48, Van Den Berg 90+2) 3-1 Dorchester Town (McQuoid 33)

A great come from behind win. My hopes were dashed when Dorchester took the early lead through McQuoid but we came knocking at half time with Docker getting one before and McDaid straight after putting us in the next round of the FA Cup. Van Den Berg also was impressive as a sub and scored a good goal.

11th November 2009

In 5 days time I would celebrate being at Havant for 365 days. This is time to reflect on what I have done since I took over. I have rescued the club from relegation and lead a unsuccesful play off charge. Then after that, brought in many good signings, which has boosted us to first and looking like to finish as champions. Before that however, I had to face promotion rivals Eastbourne Boro at Westleigh Park.

Havant & Waterlooville (Gordon 47) 1-0 Eastbourne Boro

A good win for us against promotion rivals. The whole team played together and we deserved a goal straight after half time. Then we looked for another, couldn't find it and then proceded to shut up shop. That worked well, although a hairy moment in injury time nearly spoiled it.

bluesquaresouth11thnove.png

24th November 2009

First to the Wrexham story. Wrexham approached me as their manager with a transfer budget of 16K and a wage budget of 20K. They were also sitting in a good position, 4th in the BSP. It was a hard choice but one which I was happy with in the end.

So here I am, still manager of Havant and Waterlooville. Our next match was in the FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round against Bamber Bridge.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant (FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round)

Havant & Waterlooville (Spence 36, Poole OG 50) 2-0 Bamber Bridge

My "B" team came out and comfortably won this one. Spence marched into the penalty area from a gifted pass to slot home the first and a own goal only satisfied my lust for goals. :D

28th November 2009

We had crashed out of the conference league cup, but we were still in the FA cup. We were the only team representing the BSS in the 2nd round, and we didn't look like continuuing. Notts County were our opponents, and with them being in league 2, our chances looked slim. I was expecting a 2-0 or 3-0 loss. What we got however, was much more....

Havant & Waterlooville (Taggart 85) 1-0 Notts County

I saw on these forums once someone praising important forwards who score very, very vital goals and that's it. Tony Taggart is one of those players. Always seems to score in the 80-90 minute mark, and usally when it's 0-0 or 1-1 etc. His goal gets me into the FA cup 3rd round. I bet we get Manchester United....... (I bet I just jinxed myself)

Good call with the Wrexham post. If things continue well you should be up there with them next season anyway.

Manchester Utd away in the 3rd round. That would bring some money in.

Thanks for that WH, I didn't get Manchester but I will reveal all in this update.

5th December 2009

First transfer news. Following 40 year old Dean Windass's transfer to Bishops Stortford, I decided to look at aged pro's to provide some experience. The two I found were 37 year Paul Dickov, still at Leicester and 36 year old Darren Anderton, a free agent. However, both contracts were rejected so I give that up for now. On to the FA Cup draw. I got a very lucky draw, league 2 side Stockport County. A possible 4th round awaits for a 6th tier side.

Next in the league I had in form Chelmsford, sitting in 4th place.

Havant & Waterlooville (Holmes OG, McDaid 88) 2-1 Chelmsford (Holmes 44)

A very tight win for us, and one which showed our passion to win games. We dominated in the first 20 minutes, which was rewarded with a goal. Then Chelmsford took control and got their goal in half time. The second half was pretty evan and in all fairness, should had gone to a draw. When David McDaid popped up and scored on 88 minutes though, it was al over for Chelmsford.

bluesquaresouth5thdecem.png

9th December 2009

We had beaten Chelmsford and next up we had Team Bath. Team Bath were in 5th and we knew they couldn't be underestimated. No other news to report on the front.

Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 11, Henry 43) 2-1 Team Bath (Klein Davis 66)

Another great win for us, McDaid is now my top scorer with 7. We have spread the load around this season, with Holloway, Docker, Gordon on 5 and then McDaid on 7. This is sure to be my season, we are 4 up on second with a game in hand.

bluesquaresouth9thdecem.png

I think because the updates are so regular not enough has changed for people to feel that thay need to comment again for a while.

Not to say i think you should change the style, Thats just my opinion on the lack of comments.

One point, I find the page takes a while to load due to all the pictures. Maybe you could show the league table once a month? It might just be my slow internet.

Keep it up anyway mate. I'm reading and enjoying it.

Good luck getting in the BSP. Worst of luck in the cup game. Is it down there or at EP? County till I die!

Have to say that I would have taken the Wrexham job. They're a good club in a good position and you could have been in the Football League next season, but I suppose it's your game

I agree with WH. Because of the regularity of the updates, not enough has changed which is maybe why people don't post. It's entirely up to you how you update though, but again, as WH said, maybe show the table once a month? It takes a while to load up for me too and i have a pretty decent connection speed.

Sitting nicely at the top though after a quarter of the season. :thup:

15th December 2009

Once again, I had scoured the transfer market in vain, but upon looking on the transfer rumours page I found 2 central defenders which may be useful to my needs. After comparing both of them, one Alex Jeaninn was to my liking and I am now discussing contracts with him. My reserve goalie Kevin Scriven is out in January so that wil free some wage for me to work with. Anyway, my next match was the FA Trophy 1st Round draw against Stevenage.

Havant & Waterlooville (Gordon 36) 1-1 Stevenage Boro (Sharp 12)

My first replay of the cup games and i'm not happy about it. Sure, it was a evan game but we had chances toward the end of the match which we should of taken. A side netting, hitting the bar was painful for me to watch.

19th December 2009

Major changes are going to be made this transfer window, I can see that. Alex Jeaninn is now my player, contract negotions were sucessful. However, my wage budget is set to go up evan further into the sky if I can negotiate with ex Liverpool U18's keeper Martin Hansen. However a few players I want out include Craig Watkins, Luke Nightingale and Gary Elphick. This comes about after my assesment of the squad. We have a good first team but if people get injured my back ups are pretty useless. I need a new back up pure breed striker and central midfieder. On to the match then, next in the league was Weston Super-Mare.

Final Score at Woodspring Park, Weston Super-Mare

Weston Super-Mare 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville

A disapointing 0-0 draw. To be fair we deserved to get 0 points from this but my defence held strong. We couldn't make oppurtunities up front and really that is what cost us 2 points. However we still sit on top, 2 points clear with a game in hand.

bluesquaresouth19thdece.png

23rd December 2009

3 days till Christmas, my most hated period of the FM world. Mostly due to the exhausting matches, one after the other from about the 10th. Next up was my FA Trophy replay against Stevenage. I was hoping for a win, however I knew it would be difficult, seeing as my draw aginst them last time was hard fought.

Final Score at Broadhall way, Stevenage (FA Trophy 1st Round Replay)

Stevenage Boro (Morison 28,63) 2-0 Havant & Waterlooville

Well we are out of the FA Trophy and we deserve to be out. Stevenage dominated us from to start to finish and it was lucky that we only conceded 2 goals. This proves that Johnny Williamson is probably one of the best goalies in the non league competion.

The post at American Samoa has become avaidable and I have applied

To all of my viewers: Please vote on this thread.. We all want new users of the careers forum to coem in and know which threads are worth taking a look at. and vote honestly. If you thought this thread was rubbish please vote accordingly.. Just to say.

Saxonaitor

26th December 2009

Merry Christmas everyone!! First the good news, Martin Hansen has signed a contract with us and he looks to be a good signing. Now though my wage budget is in the red by £175. I will look to offload in January. Next game was against 17th place Bromley. The teams form was variable at times so I never look like I am guaranteed to get the 3 points.

Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 5, Nightingale 71) 2-1 Bromley (Marshall 36)

A good game for us, but with a big down. Sean Gordon is out for 4 weeks now and now my stiker options are limted. I may try Viktor Illugason again. Transfer positions to try and get during window. CM and ST replacements are needed, but I must keep within my wage budget.

bluesquaresouth26thdece.png

Doing well Saxonaitor :thup: Hopefully you can get the much needed promotion.

Did you got the job at Samoa then ?

Why not release a few unwanted reserve players now, and then you will have a positive wage budget going into January. What are your finances looking like ?

Archived