[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

20th April 2010

Only 3 games left in the season now and with our next test coming in mid week again, several players may have to be rested. The opponent in question was Bromley and with their star, Karl Murray. He would have to be checked and marked to make sure nothing went wrong.

Final Score at Hayes Lane, Bromley

Bromley (Simpemba OG 35, Marshall 67) 2-3 Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 5, 75, Holloway 79)

A great come from behind win for the boys. We went ahead early through McDaid but then we were level and then fell behind in the 67th minute. As always with these situations, I switched to a 4-2-4 with McDaid, Gordon, Hughes and Van Den Berg up front. These 4 connected and scored the 2 goals to give us the three points on the day.

Blue Square South Table 20th April 2010

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24th April 2010

Another game gone and only two games remained. One against Hampton & Richmond and the other against Welling. We would hopefully reach 100 points to really seal the victory in my books. Our form has been inpeccable and we throughly deserved the championship. So we were off to Hampton & Richmond to try and seal another 3 points to reach our 100.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (McDaid 51) 1-0 Hampton & Richmond

A very shaky win, one that I was disapointed with. True I started off with a different formation, one that left McDaid up fornt on his own and Hepburn in a free role. That didn't work however and I only got the goal when I changed back to my normal 4-4-2. I'm bewing linkied with every League 1 and 2 job there is at the moment, so a change may be on the cards.

Blue Square South Table 24th April 2010

1st May 2010

May had come around and the first thing I was sniffing was not the flowers but another manager of the month award. I've one pretty much every one this season and I should win manager of the season as well. In other news however it was to be my last game this season before moving up to the BSP next season. I wanted to make a lasting impression on this division in my last game, to show them what they were going to miss ;).

Final Score at Park View Road, Welling

Welling 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Holloway 25, 75, McDaid 81)

A fitting conclusion to the season. Gary Holloway starred for us in this match, scoring the two goals to send us on our way to the BSP. In a bizzare twist however, McDaid scored directly from a corner for the 3rd to round off our season in greatness.

Blue Square South Final Table for the 09/10 Season

Now is the time for my readers to request screens of players and teams and formations! Don't hesitate please, I don't bite :)

End of season update coming shortly

You know what's really annoying? When you write the whole end of season report out, put loads of pics i it etc and then internet explorer stuffs up.. :mad: :mad:

This should be where the report should end up tomorrow sometime

That happened to me once. I write it all out in notepad and paste it into the forum now so i don't lose all the work.

That's partly why i use Illustrator for my updates. I also had explorer freeze up on me and needless to i was a 'little bit' miffed when i lost all of my work!

Congrats on winning the league Sax, by some distance too!

End of Season Update

It's only been my second season in charge, but already it feels like a millenium. A great seaosn over all, with the league success and a very profitable cup run. We stormed the league with our awsome record, only 4 losses during the whole league campaign. This was mainly down to our new signings in David McDaid and Martin Hansen. Hansen really made an iron fortress in between the posts while David McDaid scored at the other end, his final total sits on 19.

The cup competitions were average, and came second in my list of priorities for the season. Proving my point is when we got knocked out of the competion, nearly all a mid week fixture during December, a very busy time for me. The one success though was the progression to the FA Cup 3rd round. We beat 2 BSP clubs and one League 2 club to get to the 3rd round, where we were evantully beaten by Stockport County on the replay.

Influencial Players

Martin Hansen (GK)

Brett Poate (DL)

Dan Spence (DR)

Ian Simpemba (DC)

Dylan Hughes (MR)

Vincent Van Den Berg (MR)

Tony Taggart (ML)

Gary Holloway (MC)

Ross Hepburn (MC)

Jon Docker (MC)

David McDaid (ST)

Paul Booth (ST)

First XI

First XI

Around the World this Season

UEFA Champions League: The Final

UEFA Cup: The Final

Premiership: Final League Table

Championship: Final League Table

Blue Square South: Final League Table

SPL: Final League Table

A-League: Grand Final

FA Cup: Final

Carling Cup: Final

World Transfers: Biggest Money Transfers Over the 2 Years Most Shocking - David Bentley to Man City for 25 mill! :eek:

To the Loyal Followers

:D

It's only been two seasons but I will always have a connection to this save game partly due to the following reasons.

1) It was the first of its kind: When this thread appeared in GD as part of the campaign headed by Raware to have this forum, it appeared as "My Career Thread: A United Kingdom Journey" Several others appeared at this time as well, including hursty's Manchester save, and NotWordsButDeeds brazilian story. It has evolved from there however, growing into this flourishing forum we see today.

2) It was my first game on a PC version of FM and it has set the trend for many more to come. It also included my first trophy which is of course the BSS title. Not glamorous i'd admit, but evan the greats had to start from somewhere ;).

So it is with a heavy heart that I am deciding to end this here, partly due to me discovering the editor, and my league selection. Another tale of another set of exploits will appear on here shortly i'll bet ya ;)

Thanks to everyone who read and commented and enjoyed this thread. :)

Peace Out y'all

Saxonaitor

The Journey has ended!

Nice career Sax :thup: Shame it's come to an end as like you say, it instigated it all :D Good read and finished on a great note with a title win!

Thanks Raware, i'm glad as you say to finish at the end of a good season in the office. I couldn't bare to leave during the season.

Archived