EL TEL'S 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 TACTIC (Undefeated in two seasons)

I have come up with a tactic that is 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation that has been totally awesome for me.

eltel352image.png

I am currently two seasons undefeated with my Man City team.

Before i go further, this is tested on 9.3 patch and is a tactic for top teams i would say.

It is vitally important for your players to have excellent mental and technical stats (you need top players for this).

Your central CB acts as a Sweeper (not in posession) / Defensive midfielder (in posession) so you should train your CB to play these positions.

You need defenders with Pace, as the team employs a very high defensive line.

Your keeper should be a suitable sweeper keeper.

Your left striker is your big tall strong centre forward type (set as target man), your right striker your pacey finisher type.

You should use players with very high mental, technical and physical stats. Due to the player instructions you should have players with high intelligence, decisions, off the ball, teamwork, stamina and natural fitness.

Your defenders should also have high positioning too (along with the usual stats you should look for in a defender)

You can set any one of your three midfielders as playmaker - i'm personally using the central midfielder of the three as he has a lower mentality so as a result gets on the ball more.

Always try keep morale up in your team, i feel this is vital.

I have also trained my strikers with the following ppm's: run with ball through centre, beats offside trap, places shots in corner. You should attempt to do this where possible.

If on the rare occasion I am behind or struggling to break down the opposition / need a goal, then i push up the wingbacks into ML and MR positions so effectively playing five across the middle. I retrain my wingbacks to play in the ML and MR positions but also have more attacking players who can play there on the bench.

My team line up (i'm in 2013) is as follows:

GK : AKINFEEV

LCB : SAKHO

CB : FAZIO

RCB : LEO

WBL: MONZON

WBR: SANTON

LCM: FABREGAS

CM: MOUTINHO

RCM: HAMSIK

STR: LAURITO

STR: KEIRRISON

So guess you are all wanting to try this out, right?

Download EL-TEL-3-5-2 / 5-3-2 Here: http://www.zshare.net/download/6235469273125d49/

I use Darkstars training schedules and use Tyler Bodes forward training for my strikers.

I have also adopted some of the ideas and principles in SFrasers Unconventional tactics thread (thanks man).

Please all leave your feedback thoughts etc.

ENJOY!!!!!!

As requested here is a screenshot of my current season:

FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS:

finalleaguepos.png

no OI, pre-match i don't use any teamtalk except if we are playing close rivals then i use "for the fans", if drawing or wining by one goalat half time i "encourage". If losing or drawing against a weaker side i use "disappointed". if losing by two goals at half time i use "angry". If winning by two goals or more i say nothing at half time.

I have come up with a tactic that is 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation that has been totally awesome for me.

So guess you are all wanting to try this out, right?

Download EL-TEL-3-5-2 / 5-3-2 Here: http://www.zshare.net/download/6235469273125d49/

ENJOY!!!!!!

Any chance you could upload elsewhere as I'm having a problem with zshare?

Everytime I click on the download link I then have to wait and then click on the next link it just loops me back again to wait again and never downloads.

yes put target man on the list, should be your left striker.

Your RCM and LCM are more attacking than your CM, box to box type midfielders. most important attributes you should look for is mental, physical, technical and teamwork as well as creativity passing etc. look at the players i am using above and aim for similar type players. Moutinho and Hamsik absolutely class for me.

Any chance you could upload elsewhere as I'm having a problem with zshare?

Everytime I click on the download link I then have to wait and then click on the next link it just loops me back again to wait again and never downloads.

Any other suggestions on where to post?

ahh der mate , of course your results will be fantastic look at the squad ,let me know if it does well with something like leeds or burnley if it dont work with them its a no DIABLO............prove me wrong and post SS

ahh der mate , of course your results will be fantastic look at the squad ,let me know if it does well with something like leeds or burnley if it dont work with them its a no DIABLO............prove me wrong and post SS

Why don't you give it a try with Leeds or Burnley Rooney?

I tried to build my new PL team around this tactic. Strikeforce of Renan Oliveira and Alex Teixeira. Midfield of Hernanes, Axel Witsel, and a youngster. Backline is N'Koulou and three youngsters. The youngsters have pretty good stats and CA of around 130 or so.

Results have been fairly inconsistent, and I'm almost finished by inaugural season. I started out promisingly, this tactic seems to have good possession, but is quite impotent in attack (at least for me). Hernanes is a fantastic playmaker, but even when I set him as the playmaker he isn't producing enough assists. The wingbacks don't push forward enough even with high attacking mentality, so the strikers seem isolated and I lack width. I concede goals when my opponent's wingers get behind my wingbacks, hit the byline and whip in a cross that sometimes my CB's lose out in the air, despite being quite strong and good in the air. This seems to be a common weakness in any tactic that uses a backline of 3.

There are some good points though, with this tactic I am rarely overrun in midfield, unless the opposition central midfielders are beasts (like Lampard/Ballack/Essien). The sweeper does very well and pushes up to head away any long balls like Vidic, and sometimes carries the ball forward in search of a pass. It's a promising tactic that I feel needs more tweaks and variants against different formations, it is most weak against an Aston Villa type of 4-3-3 IMO, where the AML/AMR roasts my flanks.

I decided to try this tactic with my newly promoted Zaragoza side. Im currently 8 matches into season and sitting at the 4th place in league, which imo is great for team reckoned as half table finishers. Match record:

Draw H vs Sociedad - 0:0 (Extremely unlucky as I dominated in all areas, but unfortunately unable to convert chances into goals)

Win A vs Malaga - 1:0 (Easy win)

Lose H vs Valencia - 1:2 (Very close game, Villa was in top form)

Draw A vs Racing - 1:1 (Again, very close game)

Win H vs Valladolid - 3:1 (Won, despite getting red card in 10th minute)

Win A vs Xerez - 2:0 (Comfortable win, could easily be higher)

Win H vs Espanyol - 4:0 (Easy win, dominated them)

Lose A vs Atletico Madrid - 0:3 (First game when my team just played awful. Only positive side of this match is that A.Madrid is in amazing form, currently lying at the top of the league, with their 8 straight wins, 23 - 4 in goals)

Not bad, I'd say, providing that I bought more than 12 new players and my team isn't gelled at all, and they also have to get used to this tactic.

I intend to use this tactic as plug-and-play, will post more results and screentshots as season progress.

Had a shaky start with this tactic with my portsmouth squad. I then made a few slight tweaks to suit my team more and the results are really positive! Just struggling away from home a bit still but will keep experimenting

Romped home with Premiership with 104 points, without losing single premiership game, scoring 97 goals. conceding less than twenty.

Did lose in FA Cup final to Arsenal on penalties (though i dominated the game).

Won in Champions League against Inter Milan 2-1.

For the new season i am looking to offload Hamsik, Moutinho as they getting old now, i am planning on bringing in Buonannotte and Toni Kroos as replacements (they have developed nicely in my game - great technical and mental stats).

Will post screenshots of my final league position shortly.

LAURITO is a beast as your left sided striker, i urge everyone who can to buy him.

In my third season as Ajax, fancied a change of plan so thought I would give this a go for a season.

So far I have had some mixed results- Best result so far is a deserved 3-1 home win against Chelsea in the Champions League, but I have drawn 0-0 against mid-table teams in the league twice.

What I have found so far is that the defence is strong, midfield inconsistent while up front the non target-man striker struggles to get in the game, so I will be trying both strikers as target-men and have them swap positions.

Will let you know what happens.

The one major downside so far is, I find we don't create enough CCC, I could have 25 shots in any given game and only get 1-2 CCC.

Im guessing this is due to the fact it is a fast paced tactic, although my squad is very young so it may take more than about 1/3 of a season for them to get used to playing this way.

Had to give the tactic about 5 or 6 games to bed in where i really struggled, but haven't been beat in about 10 games creating an unbelieveable amount of chances each game. In 1 european game i created 51 chances. So does look very promising.

well managed to sign Buonannotte and Kroos, i also found a bulgarian called Todorov (think he is a regen) with awesome stats so snapped him up.

Team for new season will be as follows:

GK: AKINFEEV

LCB: SAKHO

CB: FAZIO

RCB: LEO

LWB: MONZON

RWB: SANTON

LCM: BUONANNOTTE

CM: FABREGAS

RCM: KROOS

LST: LAURITO

RST: KEIRRISON

Will post up results periodically.

Well, tried both strikers as target men and also swapping. So far it seems we create less chances but more CCC, this is only after 6 games, but still it looks promising.

Could just be that your team are starting to get used to the tactic, it does take bit of time initially but when your team is tuned in to the tactic it is really effective.

A further bit of advice i should add is that you should use players with very high mental, technical and physical stats. Due to the player instructions you should have players with high intelligence, decisions, off the ball, teamwork, stamina and natural fitness.

Your defenders should also have high positioning too (along with the usual stats you should look for in a defender)

Always try keep morale up in your team, i feel this is vital.

ok well i sold Hamsik, Moutinho and Fabregas (for mega money and Pique) and bought in Celso Borges (superb stats in my game) and an Ecuadorian regen called Caicedo who also has great stats for one so young).

My team as a result is totally different, playing between 4 - 6 new players. Performanes suffered as a result whilst the new players gel to the system but still winning games (just not as convincingly).

Team now:

GK: AKINFEEV

LCB: SAKHO

CB: PIQUE

RCB: FAZIO / LEO

LWB: MONZON / JAOU PAULO

RWB: SANTON / AZPILLICUETA

LCM: BUONANNOTTE

CM: CAICEDO (regen)

RCM: KROOS / BORGES

LST: LAURITO / IRINEU

RST: KEIRRISON / TODOROV (regen I think)

I have to say this is working like a treat for me now, made a few adjustments notably removing the playmaker and having both strikers as target men while they are now swapping. I have also taken the corner bug thingy off.

Very good in defence, wing backs are a revelation, they bomb forward but they don't get ridiculously tired after 60 mins.

Won every game in my Champions League group including Chelsea and HSV.

I am Ajax in my 3rd season with a very young team, so its not as if I have world class players from 1 to 11.

My team

GK-Asenjo

RCB-Dalton(young Brazilian CB who is very good for his age)

CB-Anderson Martins(Just got Kacar though so he will play here from now on)

LCB-Leo(lots of top teams want him)

RWB-Mazzerani

LWB-Kolarev(avg 7.60 with 7 assists)

RCM-Feghouli(just in front of Dzagoev)

CM-Skjelbred(so consistent, never has a bad game, just gets a few injuries)

LCM-Marquinhos(the AMR,AML. FWD player who has been trained to play CM. Avg 7.50 with 6 goals)

RST-Paloschi

LST-Laurito

Kacar is a fantastic sweeper CB.

I tried it again in a cup match against Everton, went 2-0 in the first half, one from my midfielder when my striker pulled out wide and he got into the box, the other from a corner. In the second half they turned on the style and equalized it at 2-2... i barely scraped through on pens. Might give it another try next season maybe... i'm fighting hard for the title and it's way too close for me to drop any points. In the second half i got pinned back and they kept taking pot shots.

Kacar is a fantastic sweeper CB.

I tried it again in a cup match against Everton, went 2-0 in the first half, one from my midfielder when my striker pulled out wide and he got into the box, the other from a corner. In the second half they turned on the style and equalized it at 2-2... i barely scraped through on pens. Might give it another try next season maybe... i'm fighting hard for the title and it's way too close for me to drop any points. In the second half i got pinned back and they kept taking pot shots.

You need to give your CB's at least 15-20 games to get used to playing this way.

I am in a weak league, but only conceding 2 goals against Chelsea in 2 games tells a story, even though their ages are 20,21 and 23.

I have to say this is working like a treat for me now, made a few adjustments notably removing the playmaker and having both strikers as target men while they are now swapping. I have also taken the corner bug thingy off.

Very good in defence, wing backs are a revelation, they bomb forward but they don't get ridiculously tired after 60 mins.

Won every game in my Champions League group including Chelsea and HSV.

I am Ajax in my 3rd season with a very young team, so its not as if I have world class players from 1 to 11.

My team

GK-Asenjo

RCB-Dalton(young Brazilian CB who is very good for his age)

CB-Anderson Martins(Just got Kacar though so he will play here from now on)

LCB-Leo(lots of top teams want him)

RWB-Mazzerani

LWB-Kolarev(avg 7.60 with 7 assists)

RCM-Feghouli(just in front of Dzagoev)

CM-Skjelbred(so consistent, never has a bad game, just gets a few injuries)

LCM-Marquinhos(the AMR,AML. FWD player who has been trained to play CM. Avg 7.50 with 6 goals)

RST-Paloschi

LST-Laurito

How are Laurito and Paloschi doing? If it's good could you send me the modded tactic, as I have both the two up front. Ta.

How are Laurito and Paloschi doing? If it's good could you send me the modded tactic, as I have both the two up front. Ta.

If Genetic Deviant doesn't mind I will, he designed the original one after all.

I find they perform better as a duo if they are both target men thats for sure. Paloschi ended up going missing in games more often than not when Laurito was the sole target man.

Archived