• English Premier Division Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For Aston Villa I’ve noticed the following;

Lucas Digne and Calum Chambers have their transfer fees added for 22/23 rather than 21/22.

Keinan Davis and Caleb Chukwuemeka both have obligations to buy in their loan deals. Keinan is for £15million if promoted whilst Caleb is obligation although unsure on fee. 

Watford striker Davis wants promotion that secures £15m move | Watford Observer CALEB CHUKWUEMEKA JOINS THE REDS - News - Crawley Town (crawleytownfc.com)

Jaden Philogene-Bidace has dropped his second name Bidace from his preferred name Jaden Philogene joins the Bluebirds on loan | Cardiff (cardiffcityfc.co.uk)

Caolan McBride I believe has left the club. Not featured this season and not included in any retain/squads lists this season.

A few new contracts signed which may have been missed;

• Cameron Archer signed 5/8/22 Link, 5 years
    • Finn Azaz signed signed 11/7/22 Link
    • Lamare Bogarde signed 1/7/22 Link
    • Filip Marschall signed 4/8/22 Link
    • Douglas Luiz, Oliwier Zych, Travis Patterson and Thierry Katsukunya have also signed new contracts but only in last few weeks so think they are after data lock.

The U21 team currently in game play thier home games at Villa Park. In real life they play their home games at Bodymoor Heath now and use Villa Park for 3 games per season (as per league rules).

Possible to update Sven Botman and Almiron? Both having outstanding seasons so far but are viewed as championship quality in game. 
    Would suggest Brendan aaronson is low as well. Not a technically elite attacker but quickness and work rate should both be through the roof for him. 
    Steffan overrated for city, Turner a bit underrated for Arsenal. Turner has proven to be a stronger player (elite shot stopper though not strong distributor) and Steffan struggling to get time on loan (subpar shot stopper). 

Edited by NewcastleRevs1
    Added names

A few comments on Chelsea - tried to remove my bias, but worth sharing:

• Club balance is negative.  Just makes no sense when a multi-headed consortium has acquired the club for the sums we are led to believe (and they continue to invest)
    • On a similar theme, transfer budget is too low at £13M.  Appreciate across teams starting budgets appear lower this year, but keep in mind Chelsea had intentions of spending over £70M on Gvardiol at end of window, and supposedly have an agreement on Nkunku for over £60M
    • Players
      • Lukaku has a loan contract of £180K Chelsea and £170K Inter.  The actual deal was a loan fee in £8M range, and Lukaku taking a pay cut to around £270K per week fully paid by Inter
      • Reece James - I do not want a spoiler alert for others on his CA/PA values, but surely he has more than 1 point of growth to go to fulfil his potential?  Considered by many as Chelsea's best player, and hard to believe someone like Trent AA has 14 points of ability growth vs Reece.  I would also push for a higher PA
      • I'd like Trevor Chalobah to be reviewed also.  30 games played for Chelsea across PL, FA Cup, CL and Carabao Cup - he has won 21 and drawn 9.  This is no coincidence now, and think he is more in the Nathan Ake or Joe Gomez PA range
      • Ziyech is overrated across a number of attributes imo.  
      • Liveramento and Guehi are supposed to have buy back clauses

On 24/10/2022 at 05:35, byang08 said:

I don't like to complain about attributes and I know it's still early in the season but Lisandro Martinez should not have lower PA than Maguire. At the very least, Martinez's bravery, anticipation, and agility deserve an upgrade.

Same ^^^ I hope this isn't his stats for full game some are ridiculous Tackling 13, Determination 12, Pace 12 (the same as Maguire :confused:). Position and Anticipation should be slightly increase (good intercetion stats) and there doesn't look to be much growth in PA which mean he's prity much topped out with these current stats.

Cristiano Ronaldo's long-term plans are to consider coaching and management.

I think there is absolute zero plans for Ronaldo to enter management. Sure he'll just retire and walk away from the game.

Ronaldo01.jpg

• SI Staff
    9 hours ago, Phil930 said:

A few comments on Chelsea - tried to remove my bias, but worth sharing:

• Club balance is negative.  Just makes no sense when a multi-headed consortium has acquired the club for the sums we are led to believe (and they continue to invest)
    • On a similar theme, transfer budget is too low at £13M.  Appreciate across teams starting budgets appear lower this year, but keep in mind Chelsea had intentions of spending over £70M on Gvardiol at end of window, and supposedly have an agreement on Nkunku for over £60M
    • Players
      • Lukaku has a loan contract of £180K Chelsea and £170K Inter.  The actual deal was a loan fee in £8M range, and Lukaku taking a pay cut to around £270K per week fully paid by Inter
      • Reece James - I do not want a spoiler alert for others on his CA/PA values, but surely he has more than 1 point of growth to go to fulfil his potential?  Considered by many as Chelsea's best player, and hard to believe someone like Trent AA has 14 points of ability growth vs Reece.  I would also push for a higher PA
      • I'd like Trevor Chalobah to be reviewed also.  30 games played for Chelsea across PL, FA Cup, CL and Carabao Cup - he has won 21 and drawn 9.  This is no coincidence now, and think he is more in the Nathan Ake or Joe Gomez PA range
      • Ziyech is overrated across a number of attributes imo.  
      • Liveramento and Guehi are supposed to have buy back clauses

Thanks @Phil930 

- Club cash balance; not sure how this could be showing as negative at game start.  It was not set like that in the database.  I will investigate.

- Chelsea's net transfer spend over the summer topped £200m.  You may be right that they had another £70m to spend, but judging the amounts that the club could have spent on top of what they actually did spend will always involve speculation.

- Lukaku's wages; I'm afraid that we cannot set a temporary reduction in wages while on loan.

- Reece James and Trevoh Chalobah; I will pass these comments over to our Chelsea researcher

- Livramento has a buy-back clause set in the database.  I'll look into the Guéhi situation.

• SI Staff
    11 hours ago, NewcastleRevs1 said:

Possible to update Sven Botman and Almiron? Both having outstanding seasons so far but are viewed as championship quality in game. 
    Would suggest Brendan aaronson is low as well. Not a technically elite attacker but quickness and work rate should both be through the roof for him. 
    Steffan overrated for city, Turner a bit underrated for Arsenal. Turner has proven to be a stronger player (elite shot stopper though not strong distributor) and Steffan struggling to get time on loan (subpar shot stopper). 

Thanks @NewcastleRevs1 - changes have been made to a lot of those players since the data for the Early Access Beta was finalised.

• SI Staff
    16 hours ago, tansey said:

For Aston Villa I’ve noticed the following;

Lucas Digne and Calum Chambers have their transfer fees added for 22/23 rather than 21/22.

Keinan Davis and Caleb Chukwuemeka both have obligations to buy in their loan deals. Keinan is for £15million if promoted whilst Caleb is obligation although unsure on fee. 

Watford striker Davis wants promotion that secures £15m move | Watford Observer CALEB CHUKWUEMEKA JOINS THE REDS - News - Crawley Town (crawleytownfc.com)

Jaden Philogene-Bidace has dropped his second name Bidace from his preferred name Jaden Philogene joins the Bluebirds on loan | Cardiff (cardiffcityfc.co.uk)

Caolan McBride I believe has left the club. Not featured this season and not included in any retain/squads lists this season.

A few new contracts signed which may have been missed;

• Cameron Archer signed 5/8/22 Link, 5 years
    • Finn Azaz signed signed 11/7/22 Link
    • Lamare Bogarde signed 1/7/22 Link
    • Filip Marschall signed 4/8/22 Link
    • Douglas Luiz, Oliwier Zych, Travis Patterson and Thierry Katsukunya have also signed new contracts but only in last few weeks so think they are after data lock.

The U21 team currently in game play thier home games at Villa Park. In real life they play their home games at Bodymoor Heath now and use Villa Park for 3 games per season (as per league rules).

Thanks @tansey

- Digne; this is due to the player history order for Digne's 2020/21 season at Villa being missed. Ditto Chambers.  I will change this in the database, though it won't make it into the release version of the game - sorry.

- Davis; the option to buy is set in the database.

- Chukwuemeka; we will investigate this one further, thanks.

- Philogene/Philogene-Bidace; thanks.

- Caolan McBride; I will look into this, thanks.

- thanks very much for the contract and U21 team stadium info; I have set those in the database, but I'm afraid they won't make it into the release version of FM2023.

• SI Staff
    23 hours ago, Lord Smart said:

City Ground Redevelopment, Should this be part of Board Vision and 5 year plan as work is expected to start end of this current season? I believe the current planning permits have been agreed?

Thanks @Lord Smart - it should be part of the board vision, yes.

• SI Staff
    23 hours ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

As Pete says this has no confirmation yet. I was expecting to see him in a U21/U18 youth game by now!

image.png.51139c57fb663fd76cc28f5dab1f33bb.png

Apparently this has just been confirmed, @Bigpole and @Sean Blinkhorn - I'm afraid that it is not in time to make the release version of FM2023.

A mix of data for here and the German league but I'm confused by Dewsbury-Hall, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, H Barnes and Smith-Rowe having both similar CA and higher PA than Jude Bellingham (have tried across multiple playthroughs + checked FMRTE). They're in entirely different levels. Is the EPL overrated or the Bundesliga underrated?

On 24/10/2022 at 12:44, Davidog said:

Rashfords flair at 19 compared to Zahas at 17 is laughable and should be swapped. Allan Saint Maximin at 19 flair and dribbling is fair as Messi is the bar at 20/20

Zaha should be 18 dribbling and flair 

rashford should be at around 16/17 flair, 16 dribbling his isn’t a superb dribbling his really good in tight areas and good off playing one or two touches to be fair especially with his back to goal when his on the left and got a man behind him but is he really a player that should have 19 flair that’s same level as Saint Maximin one under Messi 

@Pete Sottrel could i get you opinion on this please

I feel like Takehiro Tomiyasu and Nuno Tavares have a strong left foot and right foot respectively as opposed to fairly strong the researches have given them

On 24/10/2022 at 12:44, Davidog said:

Rashfords flair at 19 compared to Zahas at 17 is laughable and should be swapped. Allan Saint Maximin at 19 flair and dribbling is fair as Messi is the bar at 20/20

Zaha should be 18 dribbling and flair 

rashford should be at around 16/17 flair, 16 dribbling his isn’t a superb dribbling his really good in tight areas and good off playing one or two touches to be fair especially with his back to goal when his on the left and got a man behind him but is he really a player that should have 19 flair that’s same level as Saint Maximin one under Messi 

I can't speak for how players at other clubs are rated - but 17 dribbling for Zaha is still very high compared to the PL and the rest of the "top" leagues in Europe.

Re: flair, he's still pretty high up there. I wouldn't say he's as much of a flair player as he was 5 or 6 years ago where he continually went after full backs.

I think Eric Dier's penalty taking attribute should be significantly increased from the current "8" He's converted pressure penalties for both Spurs and England in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYAOEIGsNI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-q6r5_O0pY

I think it's also worth noting he was selected to take the first penalty in the shootout against Chelsea. That spot generally goes to a player that is regarded as a quality and calm penalty taker.

18 hours ago, Tbarnes88 said:

A mix of data for here and the German league but I'm confused by Dewsbury-Hall, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, H Barnes and Smith-Rowe having both similar CA and higher PA than Jude Bellingham (have tried across multiple playthroughs + checked FMRTE). They're in entirely different levels. Is the EPL overrated or the Bundesliga underrated?

I had mentioned this on the German data discussion. Think the issue here is that Jude Bellingham is still on a variable PA whereas the names you mentioned all have fixed PAs.

Worth noting Bellingham has more first team football under his belt (152 club apps + 17 England caps) than Dewsbury-Hall, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher and Smith-Rowe have.

I don't think the devs tend to give players under the age of 20 a fixed PA, but I'd argue that Bellingham would probably warrant it. Through sheer amount of games logged and the fact he's already so mature & developed as it is, captained Dortmund this season and Terzić said in the presser this week he was the most mature teenager he'd ever come across. 

• SI Staff
    8 hours ago, joaquin87 said:

I don't know anything about Manchester United, but I was surprised to see Rafael (ID 2107500) as a favorite employee. Is this right?

Thanks @joaquin87 - after consulting with the Utd researcher, we have removed this.  Rafael is still remembered fondly by many Utd fans, but the preference is getting less strong as time goes on.

• SI Staff
    On 26/10/2022 at 13:43, McClane29 said:

Cristiano Ronaldo's long-term plans are to consider coaching and management.

I think there is absolute zero plans for Ronaldo to enter management. Sure he'll just retire and walk away from the game.

Ronaldo01.jpg

Thanks @McClane29 - this is not something that has been set in Cristiano Ronaldo's profile in the database.  It will have been generated, in-game.  The game needs some players to take on non-playing roles, once they're playing days are over; there are not enough players who, while they are still playing, make it clear that they will be taking on NP roles at a later date for the game to rely on that set data alone.

Ben Mee is one of the biggest earners in Brentford. Not sure is it true in real life.

Probably you should review and Baptiste's salary. 

Cheers

On 26/10/2022 at 17:08, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @Lord Smart - it should be part of the board vision, yes.

I'll use the answer I posted elsewhere to shell this out a bit Pete.

I agree on the board vision, however, a timescale, as such, hasn't been completely set yet.

Its a difficult one. Whilst the redevelopment has been approved, I know that normal fashion for FM is for it not to be entered until theres specific dates or full plans put forward.

At this point in time, I know the intention of the club is for them to start ASAP, looking at the end of the current season, however, that hinges on a replacement for the Boat Clubs on Trentside being completed.

As far as I'm aware (and I'm checking planning stuff as well as other things pretty much on a daily basis), nothing has been agreed on a timescale for the Boat House development. As soon as I see something on that, then I'll be able to get the redevelopment put in, even if its just with a tentative outline of things.

1 hour ago, HNLFan said:

Ben Mee is one of the biggest earners in Brentford. Not sure is it true in real life.

Probably you should review and Baptiste's salary. 

Cheers

I'm happy with where those salaries stand unless evidence to the contrary is available. (Brentford researcher).

Edited by Brentford Alan