• English Premier Division Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, idlewis said:

Wolves - Ruben Neves contract expires 2024 not 2023 as in BETA.

Thats already been picked up, and should be sorted from what I've seen from the Wolves researcher.

only noticed a small one with the Playing time at Man U, David De Gea is set to a backup where as Debravka is set to first choice goal keeper, pretty sure this should be the other way around.

Thanks

For Newcastle:

Bruno should have English speaking set as good, he regularly does interviews in English now. He should also have the trait 'Likes to switch ball to wide areas' as he does this quite a lot, and 'gets forward whenever possible' as he manages to get into attacking positions even when playing as the deepest midfielder.

Almiron should not have 10 natural fitness. He's one of the fittest players in our squad. His running stats are massive and he rarely misses a game at all, I can't see him declining anytime soon. He should also have the 'avoids using weaker foot' trait, he's gets in brilliant crossing opportunities for his right foot, yet still cuts back on his left.

Murphy should have the trait 'Tries to lob the keeper' as he tries this all the time, to no avail.

Joelinton should have the trait 'runs with ball often'. He's currently up there with the highest dribbles in the league, outside of the top 6, with the highest success rate (reminds me of Mousa Dembele). He should probably have higher than 14 as this is one of his biggest strengths:

Board culture 'sign high-reputation players' is currently set as desired. To be honest I don't think this is the culture at all. We've been avoiding the big name players in favour of signing young talent for the future, i.e. Bruno, Botman, Isak - who weren't huge names at the time of signing. We've signed a number of lower reputation signings such as Pope, Burn, Targett, Wood etc. who other fans turn their noses up at. I'd argue the board culture should have a slight focus on youth instead.

The sleeve sponsorship is set as £5m/season in game, however the sleeve sponsorship (Noon) has been confirmed to be £7.5m.

Edited by george_nufc

EVERTON :

Duncan Ferguson is no longer at the club (but is in game)

Amadou Onana only has "basic grasp" of english, when in reality his english is excellent! (there are interviews on youtube)

Conor Coadys agreed clause is apparently £4m not £7m as in game (although i can't remember where i saw that or if it was 100% accurate, so maybe ignore this for the time being!)

Clearly attributes are subjective but things like Odegaard, captain of Norway and Arsenal at age 23, having a leadership rating of 8 make me wonder whether much thought has gone into the new edition or really it’s just a copy and paste job. Emile Smith Rowe who scored 10 in 21(12)  from midfield last season has a finishing score of 11. I am sure there are margins for disagreement but I think it would be hard to argue those were realistic. 

Game says Joe Gelhardt's contract expires in 2024, he recently signed a new contract which doesn't expire until 2027. (Summerville and Greenwood signed new deals at the same time and they have the correct contracts)

mark beeney (id:2003448) chelsea scout is down to retire 30/6/22 dont no if this is intended just seems a bit strange to have some retiring so quick 

• SI Staff
    19 hours ago, SL19 said:

Hi @SL19 - great to hear from you, and thanks!  Both the Ferguson and the Butland injuries have been set in the database (must have missed the Tomkins one), so not sure why they are not starting the game injured.  I will investigate.

Just a few minor things I noted with Villa's backroom staff setup:

Jeremy Oliver is listed as a scout: he is Villa's performance director, which is probably the closest thing Villa have to a technical director. His contract is also much more fitting of a technical director, considering he gets paid £10k per week! (Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steven-gerrard-staff-22190918)

On the other hand, Frederik Leth is listed as Villa's technical director. His role at Villa is 'Head of Football Research': or head of data analytics. This probably fits Performance/Recruitment Analyst a lot better than Technical Director (Source: https://trainingground.guru/articles/villa-head-to-copenhagen-again-for-new-head-of-research)

Nick Haycock is down as a scout for Villa, but he is "Head of Technical and Player Development". Judging from the job description in the source (leading coaching throughout Villa's academy setup), the closest role in the game to his job would be as U21 coach. If the case, £10k p/w might be a little high! (Source: https://trainingground.guru/articles/haycock-leaves-premier-league-to-join-aston-villa)

• SI Staff
    13 hours ago, BJG123 said:

Newcastle's record transfer is still set to Joelinton, not Isak.  Got a message saying I'd broke the record when I splashed £63m on Maddison, not sure if it's triggering at the correct amount but showing the wrong record?  

Thanks @BJG123 - this has been sorted.

• SI Staff
    20 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

Is this the right place for certain player stats? Personally I feel Odegaards 8 for leadership is quite low, bearing in mind he is Captain and , by all accounts, a very smart, well respected member of the squad.

Thanks @KillYourIdols - this has been sorted.

• SI Staff
    4 hours ago, TomBisch said:

Clearly attributes are subjective but things like Odegaard, captain of Norway and Arsenal at age 23, having a leadership rating of 8 make me wonder whether much thought has gone into the new edition or really it’s just a copy and paste job. Emile Smith Rowe who scored 10 in 21(12)  from midfield last season has a finishing score of 11. I am sure there are margins for disagreement but I think it would be hard to argue those were realistic. 

No need for that.  Odegaard's leadership was an error that I had already noticed and asked to be corrected and will be changed for the full release.  Mistakes happen and I apologise that I have made one there.  The other, as with most opinions on individual attributes, is very subjective and I think 11 is fine as a rating.  Finishing is far from the only attribute that feeds into ability to score goals, both in FM and in real life.

Any more attributes that are clearly mistakes I would welcome being raised, thanks to yourself and the other poster for raising the Odegaard issue, but as we say every year, please try not to quibble about 1 or 2 point shifts in attributes even if in your own opinion you are certain you are correct.

EDIT: I just properly read the original post and I can see now this is a discussion thread.  New tactic from @Ed Hewison haha!  Feel free to quibble all you like then as long as its good natured and the expectation isn't that we'll make any minor changes to individual attributes.  

5 hours ago, sigurthor8 said:

Liverpool

Anfield is missing it 61000 stadium expansion that is suppose to be finish by 2024.

Due to be completed in 2023 summer not 2024. Before the 23-24 season

Leeds young GK Dani van deb Huevel was involved in a serious car crash (confirmed by Jesse Marsch before the first game in his press conference) but doesn't start injured (12:20 in the video)

14 minutes ago, Thegrassfeeder said:

The premier league rules say teams are allowed 5 subs but in the game premier league teams only get 3 subs?

From what I can FM has 5 substitutes from a choice of 9 (max 3 stoppages of play)

2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

No need for that.  Odegaard's leadership was an error that I had already noticed and asked to be corrected and will be changed for the full release.  Mistakes happen and I apologise that I have made one there.  The other, as with most opinions on individual attributes, is very subjective and I think 11 is fine as a rating.  Finishing is far from the only attribute that feeds into ability to score goals, both in FM and in real life.

Any more attributes that are clearly mistakes I would welcome being raised, thanks to yourself and the other poster for raising the Odegaard issue, but as we say every year, please try not to quibble about 1 or 2 point shifts in attributes even if in your own opinion you are certain you are correct.

EDIT: I just properly read the original post and I can see now this is a discussion thread.  New tactic from @Ed Hewison haha!  Feel free to quibble all you like then as long as its good natured and the expectation isn't that we'll make any minor changes to individual attributes.  

The comparison of Tierney and Zinchenko is not very realistic. Zinchenko is far more technical than Tierney, and was said to be one of the most technically gifted players at Man City. I was looking forward to swapping between these 2 more based on the game, e.g. Zinchenko should be far far better for possession games.

Gabriel Jesus is regularly talked about as the best forward at pressing in the world.  His strength, aggression, bravery,  off the ball, tackling, work rate, determination need to be higher. He absolutely beasts defenders.. I fear he's a victim of stats put down to fit the CA narrative in mind (should probably be higher then).

Arsenal:

Players missing? Or are we not allowed with 15/16 year olds, even if terms are signed and they are big talking points in England Youth football setups?

Myles Lewis-Skelly <- started the season as an under 15's player, now passed birthday and is playing unders18's and under 21's and picking up man of the match awards

Ethan Nwaneri <- picked up under 21's MOM awards, played for the first team already too. 

Brooke-Norton Cuffy <- has under 19's England caps, game says "no youth caps" - is this because not under21's? ( I'm unsure, asking for clarification, cheers ) 

Would ask to be looking at Martinelli with his physical Stamina/Strength and comparison to Nunez please, lad runs for days on end and so far has pocketed every full back he has come against, alongside keeping players away from the ball. As a player already cemented in the first team and breaking into the national team I feel a  range of 13-14 on Strenght and Stamina in the 15-16 range would be logical and not a "hard" argument to take against him?

Saliba also does not appear to either be quick enough, or his acceleration stat isn't high enough? He has not been sprinted past all season and has regained position from all manner of challenges, alongside sweeping behind Gabriel all season so far. A +2 on acceleration would be fair, Pace/Top speed would be okay to not be touched if this was incorporated, he is rapid off the blocks.

Would also ask for a possible + 3 on Gabriel Jesus's positioning trait, he is within the heart of that sides attack right now and watching him in person, he doesn't move off the ball without purpose.

finally Xhaka, the player everyone loves to hate, I would say the finishing trait coupled with positioning, both of which seems a little low. He has shown this past 18 months that he has knuckled down, removed odd-mistakes and is a steady 7 rating player every game for them for over a year, with some huge performances as outliers too. Potentially adding + 2 to finishing and Positioning being 13-14 would be fair to a player playing quite possibly his best football of his career right now

of course most of these are opinions and subjective, however I feel a strong case for amendment with all?

Thanks for the hard work gone into this release, feels polished, smooth so far and addictive as ever. 

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Kieran87 said:

Would also ask for a possible + 3 on Gabriel Jesus's positioning trait, he is within the heart of that sides attack right now and watching him in person, he doesn't move off the ball without purpose.

Positioning is a defensive attribute. Off The Ball is the stat for attackers' movement.

And the rule for inclusion of young players is - in Premier League terms at least - they have to be first-year scholars i.e. at least 16yo on 31.8.22, Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri are too young for this year's game.

1 minute ago, Nick OGS20 said:

Positioning is a defensive attribute. Off The Ball is the stat for attackers' movement.

And the rule for inclusion of young players is - in Premier League terms at least - they have to be first-year scholars i.e. at least 16yo on 31.8.22, Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri are too young for this year's game.

Thanks, so on that note, could Jesus then be improved at all? Watching on the match engine and it feels like he isn't aggressive enough when players like Nunez, Zapata & Vlahovic seem to be far more inclined to press on the same tactic I'm toying with. It's hard to explain, he just doesn't seem to "press" like the others I've listed.