• Scottish Premiership Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the Scottish Premiership.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 13/11/2023 at 10:06, Ter said:

McCausland was still a B Team player when the database was locked and has been rated as such. He had only made a brief appearance v Aris and just over 45 mins v St Mirren.

I've already got a submission open with some changes based on his recent performances in the first team.

I know the database is set for now. Just throwing some info in there for the January update. mate. 

Waited nearly a month for the major update to start a proper save and O'Riley and Scales CA's have not been touched?  Great.,,

O'Riley still has a lower CA than Ideguchi.  

Scales still default transfer listed because his CA is so low.  

Palma nowhere near Forrest or Haksabanovic in terms CA or PA.  

Yang's CA miles behind Mikey Johnston.  

18 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Waited nearly a month for the major update to start a proper save and O'Riley and Scales CA's have not been touched?  Great.,,

It's major data amendments only on the latest update, those examples are likely to be reviewed for the major winter data update released sometime in Feb-March.

• SI Staff
    10 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

McCausland's form at Rangers continues. A top performance in Europe tonight from the youngster. 

Screen2.jpg.cf4144f35387e47a1897d6c3d4fd4b7f.jpg

He's already been upgraded in our master database so we don't need any more posts about McCausland :D

I've watched him for the B Team over the past couple of years and the only question was whether he could make the step up to senior first team football as he sometimes struggled with the physical aspect of it and there is now evidence he can.

I think Todd Cantwell should have the player trait 'cuts inside from both wings'. He already has the player trait 'cuts inside from left wing'. However, Todd played in Europe last night and was subbed after 33 mins because he could not stop coming inside off the right wing. The manger had told him to stay wide and the player was unable to follow that instruction. So yeah, 'cuts inside from both wings' would probably a more accurate trait. 

23 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

McCausland's form at Rangers continues. A top performance in Europe tonight from the youngster. 

Screen2.jpg.cf4144f35387e47a1897d6c3d4fd4b7f.jpg

I don’t know why you seem to think this is such an important point. He is a 20 year old who has played less than 10 games. His current potential is fine.

On 30/11/2023 at 16:36, celtic_fc said:

As Brentford Alan says...

21 hours ago, Brentford Alan said:

It's major data amendments only on the latest update, those examples are likely to be reviewed for the major winter data update released sometime in Feb-March.

This data update was done centrally for the whole database, not just Scotland or indeed Celtic, and was to prioritise factual errors and key changes that have happened across the world since the data was last locked.

Doing a general update of player Current Abilities was not something that was done. That will be reviewed in the major winter data update.

As you're aware of hidden attributes such as Current Ability, I'm assuming that you're familiar with either the pre-game or in-game editor. What you'd like to change before you're happy to start a career save is a very quick fix for you in those editors, but what is a quick fix for one club and a handful of players is not a quick fix or indeed logistically possible for this data update when you take the entire database into consideration.

12 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

As Brentford Alan says...

This data update was done centrally for the whole database, not just Scotland or indeed Celtic, and was to prioritise factual errors and key changes that have happened across the world since the data was last locked.

Doing a general update of player Current Abilities was not something that was done. That will be reviewed in the major winter data update.

As you're aware of hidden attributes such as Current Ability, I'm assuming that you're familiar with either the pre-game or in-game editor. What you'd like to change before you're happy to start a career save is a very quick fix for you in those editors, but what is a quick fix for one club and a handful of players is not a quick fix or indeed logistically possible for this data update when you take the entire database into consideration.

Yeah I could increase them myself but tbh that feels a bit like cheating to me, not really a fan of making changes from what others are playing.   

Bit ridiculous that we'll have to wait until most likely March for those changes to be made though, I mean how all four of those examples weren't picked up before the data lock in mid October is laughable.  

Rocco Vata in real life has declared for Ireland and has played for them from under 15 to under 21, but in my game he's just got picked for Scotland under 21s. I know it could technically happen but ...

12 hours ago, madeirabhoy said:

Rocco Vata in real life has declared for Ireland and has played for them from under 15 to under 21, but in my game he's just got picked for Scotland under 21s. I know it could technically happen but ...

You’ve answered your own point there…

On 01/12/2023 at 11:38, Ter said:

He's already been upgraded in our master database so we don't need any more posts about McCausland :D

I've watched him for the B Team over the past couple of years and the only question was whether he could make the step up to senior first team football as he sometimes struggled with the physical aspect of it and there is now evidence he can.

i take it you mean the master database for the next data update mate ?

On 01/12/2023 at 10:45, Brentford Alan said:

Thats nearly 3/4 of a season... Oreilly is poty so far in Scotland and Scales has blossomed into a mainstay. Should be refelected in game esp after good feedback about it has been given.

On 02/12/2023 at 21:17, celtic_fc said:

Yeah I could increase them myself but tbh that feels a bit like cheating to me, not really a fan of making changes from what others are playing.   

Bit ridiculous that we'll have to wait until most likely March for those changes to be made though, I mean how all four of those examples weren't picked up before the data lock in mid October is laughable.  

Not great at all is it mate, its like playing the game a year behind.... and the likelyhood is o'reilly will be sold in the summer so you will have barely any tinme to enjoy him at all if he ever does get sorted.

8 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Thats nearly 3/4 of a season... Oreilly is poty so far in Scotland and Scales has blossomed into a mainstay. Should be refelected in game esp after good feedback about it has been given.

Well its approx 3/4 of the season but only 1/2 of the game cycle (new game usually drops in Nov). It's been that way for many years and I suspect many years to come. I can't see us moving to FIFA style weekly or monthly updates, never say never though!

As Stuart says there are always the editors available if you want to manually update individuals or the entire Scottish database.

37 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Well its approx 3/4 of the season but only 1/2 of the game cycle (new game usually drops in Nov). It's been that way for many years and I suspect many years to come. I can't see us moving to FIFA style weekly or monthly updates, never say never though!

As Stuart says there are always the editors available if you want to manually update individuals or the entire Scottish database.

Looks like peope will need to, a shame tho as you want to manage teams and players s they are performing just now. If for example O'Reilly gets sold in jan then nobody who plays as Celtuc will have a chance to have had managed him playing the way he should be.

WHat do you guys think about the St Johsntone keper - Mitov? Imo he is the second best keeper in the league  this season behind Butland, He has been a brilliant find for them, only 26 i think as well so plenty time to get a big move and improve even more. Just shows you the players are out there.

a couple of Players who are performing well at at the moment and might want to reflect this in any update include,

David Watson at Killie,  a young player with a huge future.

Dan Armstrong at Killie, has been playing consistently well for easily 2 years now, very fast and direct.

Dujon Sterling is now playing as a ball winning CDM for Rangers, and he's been great at it. I actually think he will continue to play there for the rest of the season. In the game CDM isn't even a position he can play. This lad is very versatile and I think this additional position should be added. 

I also think Sterling's strength and power are his main strengths. However, in game his strength and balance attributes are very average indeed. If these were buffed by a couple of points I think it would more accurately represent the real player. 

On 31/12/2023 at 07:58, bigbeezer said:

Looks like peope will need to, a shame tho as you want to manage teams and players s they are performing just now. If for example O'Reilly gets sold in jan then nobody who plays as Celtuc will have a chance to have had managed him playing the way he should be.

I made the same case about Bassey at Rangers on here. A big powerful guy, but his stats never reflected that until he moved to Ajaz. Bassey had lower strength ratings that guys like Frimpong who is very small by comparison. I never got to enjoy Bassey as Rangers because the stats were just so far removed. People kept saying 'he'll improve over time' but he was already a big powerful guy.

On 01/12/2023 at 23:56, Kilmarnock said:

I don’t know why you seem to think this is such an important point. He is a 20 year old who has played less than 10 games. His current potential is fine.

McCausland has become a first-team regular for Rangers this season. The stats in game don't reflect that. In game he isn't good enough to play, and doesn't become good enough to be a first-team regular based on his potential. Both sets of stats need buffed. 

McCausland actually has 2 and half star potential when the game starts. He is nowhere near first-team level, and never will be. It clearly needs a buff because the reality is he's become a first-team regular, is scoring, and playing well. 

Edited by PigeonStrangler

• SI Staff
    On 11/01/2024 at 03:03, PigeonStrangler said:

McCausland has become a first-team regular for Rangers this season. The stats in game don't reflect that. In game he isn't good enough to play, and doesn't become good enough to be a first-team regular based on his potential. Both sets of stats need buffed. 

McCausland actually has 2 and half star potential when the game starts. He is nowhere near first-team level, and never will be. It clearly needs a buff because the reality is he's become a first-team regular, is scoring, and playing well. 

I've already said McCausland has been updated. See how he looks after the next data update.

On 11/01/2024 at 02:56, PigeonStrangler said:

Dujon Sterling is now playing as a ball winning CDM for Rangers, and he's been great at it. I actually think he will continue to play there for the rest of the season. In the game CDM isn't even a position he can play. This lad is very versatile and I think this additional position should be added. 

I also think Sterling's strength and power are his main strengths. However, in game his strength and balance attributes are very average indeed. If these were buffed by a couple of points I think it would more accurately represent the real player. 

The new manager first used him at right and left back as a sub and it wasn't until the Dundee game when Cifuentes was sent off that he was used in midfield. And he's only started 3 games in that position. He is very versatile though so I'll probably have to add values to every position on the pitch :D

On 12/01/2024 at 11:58, Ter said:

The new manager first used him at right and left back as a sub and it wasn't until the Dundee game when Cifuentes was sent off that he was used in midfield. And he's only started 3 games in that position. He is very versatile though so I'll probably have to add values to every position on the pitch :D

I think sterling is very much viewed as a utility player for Rangers. LB, CB, RB, CDM. The lad himself said his best position is as an attacking full-back so maybe even LWB, and RWB. 

I understand he hasn't played in midfield much. However, he's been outstanding in there when played. I think he even started the recent friendly game against Hertha Berlin in midfield. Clement said he intends to play two number 6 type players in front of the defense and I wouldn't be surprised of Sterling is able to hold on to that position moving forward. 

Whoever is dealing with Celtic has missed this. Forrest with higher acceleration, agility + pace than Yang, Yang's physical attributes have been pretty clear all season with the question marks coming from his technical ability and decision making. Also Joe Hart has announced his retirement but it is possible this came after the data lock. 

spacer.png

85d1e7846730ae9dde512c3a9840a109.png