CSE Goal of the Month Contest

CSE Goal of the Week/Month – FM09 Edition

Now that we can watch our matches in glourious 3D, it’s time to show off and share the great goals our players come up with. It could be a screamer from distance, it could be an acrobatic bicylce kick, it could be a simple tap in on the end of a slick team move, it could be a Maradona-esque individual effort. It must be one of those goals that make you jump out of your chair, cheer, do your own commentary and generally do things that cause those around you to think you’ve gone nuts!

The aim is straightforward – submit your goals to this thread, where they will then be viewed and rated with a winner chosen on a weekly basis. The weekely winners will then be reviewed with one honoured as the CSE Goal of the Month. The ultimate prize then will be a poll of all the monthly winners before the release of FM10 to choose the best goal of all. But we are getting ahead of ourselves: better to lay out the format first.

How will it work?

• Users have until midnight Friday each week to submit their goals (any goals submitted after the deadline will be considered for the following week’s award).
  • The goals will then be reviewed by and a winner will be chosen with the results published on the following week.
  • A jury will pick out goals each week for consideration and then choose a winner.
  • At the end of the month, a ‘Goal Of The Month’ will be chosen from the weekly winners (and wildcard entires at the jury's discretion).
  • The vote for the Goal of the Month is open to all registered users of the SI forums.
  • The monthly top three will be recorded in the post directly below this.

What are the criteria for submitting goals?

• Any goals posted for consideration must have been scored by a player from your team in a match under your control (i.e. no screamers from the AI).
  • The goals may come from any competition or friendly match.
  • The same goal may only be submitted once.
  • At present, I will not place any other qualifications on the goals. However, in the event of the thread becoming swamped with submissions, I reserve the right to restrict the goals in some way (e.g. one goal per user per week; goal must have won an award/recognition in the game).

How can I submit a goal for consideration?

• Submit a PKM of the game. You must ensure you make it clear exactly which goal from the game you want to be considered.
  • You may also use a video capture programme to make a recording of your goal and upload it to a host website and link it to here. This is not compulsory; however, the PKM is.
  • When posting your video or PKM link, give as much details about the goal as you can – the context of the goal could be a swinger in choosing the winner! ;)

Please submit your entries in the following format:

Player:

Match:

In-game date:

Venue:

Description:

(and a link to the PKM of course! :D)

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSE FM2009 Goal of the Season

After one last vote, the following goal was chosen as the best strike from Football Manager 2009:

Goal A (December 2008 Winner):

Submitted by: mag man

Player: Senol Berk

Match: Maidstone United vs West Ham

In-game date: 22nd April 2020

Venue: Bourne Park, Sittingbourne

Description: Some neat counter-attacking football from Maidstone results in Senol Berk picking up the ball a few yards in from the centre circle. He proceeds to unleash a rocket from 40 yards.

Watch it here

CSE Goal Of The Month Past Winners

April 09:

#1 : Ridleys

Player: Steven Gerrard

Match: Liverpool vs West Brom

In-Game Date: September 27th 2008

Venue: Anfield, Liverpool

Description: A half volley from a wide(ish) angle. Won goal of the season. Classic.

Watch it here

#2: mag man

Player: Will Swift

Match: vs Reading

In-game date: 14/4/2030

Venue: Mag Man Stadium

Description: Swift takes on several players before unleashing a rocket across the keeper. Goal of the month for April

Watch it here

#3: Slipknot67

Submitted by:Slipknot67

Player: Alessio Travaglini

Match: Leeds v Man City in the Premiership

In-game date: 1/1/2019

Venue: Elland Road

Description:The Leeds defence remains stubborn right up till the 89th minute when Lastuvka starts to repay some of his hefty £13.5million transfer fee with a towering close range header and its game on!! we go all out attack and with the last kick of the game, after Micah Richards wins an aerial challenge from a Leeds free kick in our half my £35 million marquee signing of the season Travaglini completes a lightning four pass counter attack by getting onto the end of a perfect cross from Jovetic for a well timed close range finish to clinch all three points in dramatic fashion.

Watch it here

March 09: Video Compilation

#1: DodgeeD

Player: José

Match: Yalovaspor v.Bursaspor

In-game date: 26.04.2020

Venue: Ataürk Stadium, Yalova

Description: José picks up the ball just inside the opposition half and takes it down the left flank. He then cuts into the box and brings the ball onto his right foot before squeezing a shot inside the near post. Top quality stuff!

Watch it here

#2: corinthiano

Player: Maradona (22 mins)

Match: Mazagão vs. Ariquemes (Brazilian Série C)

In-game date: 29/08/12

Venue: Zerão, Macapá (AP)

Description: Márcio Belém steals the ball from the opposition in midfield and ten passes it back to Dino, who in turn gives it short to Maradona. He outruns two defenders before sending a 30 yard curler into the top corner.

Watch it here

#3: DodgeeD

Player: Coutinho

Match: Yalovaspor v. Gaziantepspor (Turkish Premier)

In-game date: 08.11.2020

Venue: Atatürk Stadium, Yalova

Description: Aykut Seçkin takes the ball down the left wing before playing it inside to Dede. The young striker then plays the ball over to Coutinho, who hits a powerful curling shot from nearly 30 yards straight into the back of the net. This goal won the Turkish Premier Goal of the Month for November.

Watch it here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 09:

Video Compilation

#1: kroblues

Player: Raul

Match: FC United v Huddersfield

In-game date: 17/4/2017

Description: With FC United leading comfortably, the ball is worked along the back 4 out to right winger Paul Griffiths. He runs down the wing and cuts the ball into the box aiming for the head of Ishmael Miller. It is cleared but only to 19 year old left back Raul who rifles home a stunning 25 yard volley for his first senior goal.

Watch it here

#2: Gypsum

Player: Ziya Aydin

Match: Real Madrid v Merthyr (Pre-season friendly)

In-game date: 5/8/2023

Venue: Bernabeu

Description: Following a lively startwhich sees us 2-1 behind after just 9 minutes, my Merthyr side begin to take shape. Starting from a free-kick deep in our own half, we work the ball forward with flowing one touch football until midfielder Cano finds Wonderkid striker Ziya Aydin. The young Turk then plays a quick one-two with strike partner McKenzie to sail past one man, then recieving the ball he cuts square across the pitch to beat a second man. Ziya then starts blazing towards the Madrid box with a curving run, outpacing two defenders and going past another on the edge of the box. Ziya closes in towards the corner of the six-yard box before turning back to decieve another defender and slotting the ball in the bottom corner of the near post past a floundering goalkeeper. "Magical stuff from Ziya Aydin!"

Watch it here

#3: MrPeanut

Player: Jason Scotland

Match: Swansea vs Wigan

In-game date: 27.08.2008

Venue: The Liberty Stadium

Description: Williams passes the ball to Scotland, who then straight away passes it to Anier, Bramble then attempts to close him down but as he runs past Anier plays a run on ball to Scotland, the keeper comes of his line to close down but Scotland from just outside the D, chips the keeper.

Watch it here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 09:

Video Compilation

#1: dafuge

Player: Jordan Appleton

Match: Sunderland v. FC United

In-game date: 16.11.2024

Venue: Stadium of Light, Sunderland

Description: Nothing too special surrounding the match but the first goal scored by Jordan Appleton here is quality. A cheeky backheel sets him on a mazy run where he rounds the keeper and finishes off a splendid solo goal with eight Sunderland defenders in the box just watching. Also won the Premier League Goal of the Season.

Watch it here

#2: hammy311

Player: Scott Read (a newgen from Bermuda)

Match: Newport County vs Stevenage, FA Trophy 4th Round

In-game date: 26/02/2011

Venue: Newport Stadium

Description: With nine minutes remaining and Newport trailing to a late Stevenage goal, we throw caution to the wind and go 2-4-4. Midfield rock Scott Read receives a nod down from striker John Akinde and lays it to the left for Elliot Benyon. Martyn Wright gets it from Benyon and lays it off again for Read, who takes one touch before powering a 40 yard (at least) curler into the top corner, levelling the match for Newport. The next morning Scott Read (still a Blue Square Premier player) awakes to find Premier League Middlesbrough manager Alan Irvine praising him as a 'quality player with bags of ability'.

Watch it here

#3: DodgeeD

Player: Aykut Seckin

Match: Fenerbahce v. Yalovaspor (Turkish Premier)

In-game date: 27.01.17

Venue: Sükrü Saricioglu, Istanbul

Description: A long ball from the keeper gets flicked on by Alaaddin to young stiker Aykut who then audaciosly lobs the keeper scoring off the inside of the post.

Watch it here

December 08:

Video Compilation

#1: mag man

Player: Senol Berk

Match: Maidstone United vs West Ham

In-game date: 22nd April 2020

Venue: Bourne Park, Sittingbourne

Description: Some neat counter-attacking football from Maidstone results in Senol Berk picking up the ball a few yards in from the centre circle. He proceeds to unleash a rocket from 40 yards.

Watch it here

#2: Whoopy D

Player: Teddy Chevalier

Match: Wycombe v Notts County

In-game date: 20th February 2010

Venue: Adams Park, High Wycombe

Description: The move starts with the right back and 4 passes later it's back with him, he hits a ball over the top of the defence for Chevalier to chase. His pace and good movement means he has plenty of time and space to calmly chip the onrushing keeper from the best part of 20 yards to put his side 0-1 up, the best goal of the day by far in a 2-1 losing effort for his team.

Watch it here

#3: Ridleys

Player: Guiseppe Rossi

Match: Newcastle v Man Utd

In-game date: 21st August 2011

Venue: Old Trafford

Description: Rossi gets that ball on the half way line, dribbles past 3 players then smashes the ball past the keeper.

Watch it here

Well I have two goals to submit, both very similar and both by my current star AMC/ST.

Goal 1

Player: Emanuele Cardinali

Match: AD Fafe vs Academia (Liga Sagres)

In-game date: 04/10/2015

Venue: Estadio Municipal dos Desportos, Fafe

Description: Dribbling from just inside the Academia half, Cardinali slips between two defenders before cooly scoring from the edge of the box.

The Goal: Watch it

Awards: This goal won the October Goal of the Month and came third in Goal of the Season

Goal 2

Match: AD Fafe vs Olhanense (Liga Vitalis)

In-game date: 05/10/2014 (haha 364 days before the other one)

Description: Cardinali recieves the ball in the opposition half slips through two opponents before beautifully placing the ball into the net.

The Goal: Watch it

Awards: This goal won the October Goal of the Month and came won Goal of the Season

If either of the videos are too blurred I can upload them elsewhere or I can just upload PKM's of the two games. I had to submit both these ones as realistically very similar goals almost exactly a year apart and both in the Goal of the Season list.

Thanks for the submissions LLR. :)

Goal 2 shows up about as well as mine - nice goal too ;) - but I can't make Goal 1 out very well...

Hopefully, with this first run, we can find what software/upload site works best. My clip was taken off my laptop so I will try again tomorrow on my desktop and see if that makes a difference.

Fwiw, I'm using a freeware programme called Freez Screen Video Capture.

I think the first one was HyperCam (Freeware) and the second one was with CamStudio (Freeware) both loaded to Filefront, maybe can try loading them somewhere else, but the first one is similar to the second one haha. I must say both those goals I loved and I was celebrating them for ages, disappointingly Cardinali has decided he wants to leave so sent him off to CSKA (Sofia) for 2.5mil haha

A GOTM award could be the perfect tribute to his services to the club then ;)

I tried my file on a few sites. Google video was easily the worst. The Photobucket image was not much different to the others so I decided to stick with that. My location means I can't upload anything to YouTube but it would be interesting to see what they look like there.

Btw, do you have the PKMs for those matches?

Match: San Marino vs. Sangiustese

In-game date: 14/9/08

Venue: Olimpico, Serravalle

Description: The throw falls to the ML, and he passes along the floor to the edge of the penalty area. Lugui Sartor, the centre back, arrives and curls a beauty beyond the goalkeeper.

http://files.filefront.com/San+Marino+v+Sangiustesepkm/;12783650;/fileinfo.html

It's the second goal on11 minutes, by Luigi Sartor.

Match: Arsenal vs Everton

In-game date: 20/09/08

Venue: Emirates Stadium, North London

Description: 1 minutes into extra time at The Emirates. Despite taking an early lead Arsenal are drawing 1-1 with Everton and are set to drop 2 points, which would disrupt our great early progress this season. The goal came after Tim Howard smashed the ball up the pitch from his area intending for it to go to Yakubu. However instead it drops to Gallas, who from just inside his own area plays a great pass to Sissoko, who then passes it out wide to Sagna. Sagna then plays a great ball to Robin van Persie who's still not really that close to Everton's box. Despite having at least 3 good passing opportunities, van Persie decides to run across the goal, then smashes the ball, which curls all the way past a stranded Howard, and just inside the post to win Arsenal the game in the 92nd minute!

PKM Link

DodgeeD - what about goals scored in games where the database has been edited' date=' do they still count?!

Just that I'm playing a game with Vanuatu by myself with the database from my sign up and [b']Yoann Gourcuff[/b] has just scored from 50 yards (keeper was out of his goal). Is that still eligible? :D

Allowed - as I said in the OP, as long as it's from your team in a match under your control it's eligible. I know plenty of people play challenges and story games with edited databases so those will be allowed. (of course, that means none of Jason Demir's undoubtedly brilliant goals will be allowed but so be it ;))

Great idea for a thread! Has anyone got any tips for a good video capture program?

I'm using Freez Video Screen Capture, which is available free. HyperCam (free trial but you have to pay after that) has been recommended a lot as well. If you can't use such a programme, the PKM will be fine.

@ PaulHartman71 & Minisav - was just going to take a look at your PKMs but I can't access Megaupload (banned here just like YouTube). Could you post them on FileFront or, if you prefer, PM me and I'll give you my email to send them to. Cheers :thup:

Here's a round up of the contenders so far (sorry Paul but I have been unable to download your PKM as of yet):

A. Eren (Yalovaspor v. Tarsus I.Y.) alternative angle - submitted by DodgeeD (on second thoughts, I shouldn't have put this up as it wouldn't look very good if I chose myself as the first winner! :p)

B. Cardenelli (Fafe v. Academia) - submitted by Lower Leagues Rule

C. Cardenelli (Fafe v. Olhanense) - submitted by Lower Leagues Rule

D. Hawes (Staines v. Hitchin) - submitted by Minisav

E. Sartor (San Marino v. Sanguistese) - submitted by Cardiovascular

Comments on the goals so far will be welcome and appreciated. :) Think you can do better? Then show us! ;)

@ PaulHartman71 & Minisav - was just going to take a look at your PKMs but I can't access Megaupload (banned here just like YouTube). Could you post them on FileFront or, if you prefer, PM me and I'll give you my email to send them to. Cheers :thup:
how come you were unable to download my goal?

That might explain it. Or did you sort that part out?

Description: Bought in the January window Teddy is yet to make a competitive start for Notts County but today he gets his chance. On as a substitute in the last match he rounded the keeper before unselfishly passing and missing out on a debut goal, clearly he wanted to mark his first start with a goal not his debut. So the goal, the move starts at right back and 4 passes later it's back with him, he hits a ball over the top of the defence for Chevalier to chase. His pace and good movement means he has plenty of time and space to calmly chip the onrushing keeper from the best part of 20 yards to put his side 0-1 up, the best goal of the day by far in a 2-1 losing effort for his team.

Link

Another angle

Description: Bought in the January window Teddy is yet to make a competitive start for Notts County but today he gets his chance. On as a substitute in the last match he rounded the keeper before unselfishly passing and missing out on a debut goal, clearly he wanted to mark his first start with a goal not his debut. So the goal, the move starts at right back and 4 passes later it's back with him, he hits a ball over the top of the defence for Chevalier to chase. His pace and good movement means he has plenty of time and space to calmly chip the onrushing keeper from the best part of 20 yards to put his side 0-1 up, the best goal of the day by far in a 2-1 losing effort for his team.

Link

Another angle

The FM gods were definitely smiling on you today! That was a sublime chip :thup: I'll add it to the list of contenders once I have a clip of the Van Persie goal ready. :)

Just a reminder that the deadline for submissions is Friday at midnight (GMT). I will then hold a vote over the weekend and we'll have our first winner declared on Monday! :)

I'll post an updated list of the goals so far tomorrow, including the new entries from CV, Paul & Whoopy D. :thup:

got a goal to upload, hopefully i can get it recorded haha

couldnt get it sorted

Player: Alberto Gilardino

Match: Fiorentina v Liverpool C.League Group D Match

In-game date: 26/11/08

Venue: Artemio Franchi

Description: Donadel intercepts Reina's clearance to Mascherano, knocks it to Jovetic(set up all 3 goals), who plays a through ball to Gilardino on his hat-trick, and lobs the keeper from 25yards (apparently)

Save file

oh yeah, its the 4th goal in that game if you didnt know :p

Now that we’ve got 9 goals and only two more days for submissions, here’s an updated look at the goals so far. Remember, this is not the final list – you can still submit entries until midnight, Friday.

Goal A (submitted by DodgeeD)

Player: Eren Karamanoglu

Match: Yalovaspor v. Tarsus I.Y. (Turkish 2nd Division)

In-game date: 31.08.2014

Venue: Atatürk Stadium, Yalova

Description: From an opposition corner, a quick counter attack plays left winger Eren through on goal. He then wrong-foots the keeper before coolly slotting the ball home.

Video Link 1 | Video Link 2 (alternative angle)

Goal B (submitted by Lower Leagues Rule)

Match: AD Fafe vs Academia (Liga Sagres)

In-game date: 04/10/2015

Description: Dribbling from just inside the Academia half, Cardinali slips between two defenders before cooly scoring from the edge of the box.

Awards: This goal won the October Goal of the Month and came third in Goal of the Season

Video Link

Goal C (submitted by Lower Leagues Rule)

Match: AD Fafe vs Olhanense (Liga Vitalis)

In-game date: 05/10/2014 (haha 364 days before the other one)

Description: Cardinali recieves the ball in the opposition half slips through two opponents before beautifully placing the ball into the net.

Awards: This goal won the October Goal of the Month and came won Goal of the Season

Video Link

Goal D (submitted by Cardiovascular)

Player: Lugui Sartor

Match: San Marino vs. Sangiustese

In-game date: 14/9/08

Venue: Olimpico, Serravalle

Description: The throw falls to the ML, and he passes along the floor to the edge of the penalty area. Lugui Sartor, the centre back, arrives and curls a beauty beyond the goalkeeper.

Video Link

Goal E (submitted by Minisav)

Player: Hawes

Match: Staines vs Hitchin

Description: Hits the bar before going in.

Video Link

Goal F (submitted by PaulHartman71)

Player: Robin van Persie

Match: Arsenal vs Everton

In-game date: 20/09/08

Venue: Emirates Stadium, North London

Description: 1 minutes into extra time at The Emirates. Despite taking an early lead Arsenal are drawing 1-1 with Everton and are set to drop 2 points, which would disrupt our great early progress this season. The goal came after Tim Howard smashed the ball up the pitch from his area intending for it to go to Yakubu. However instead it drops to Gallas, who from just inside his own area plays a great pass to Sissoko, who then passes it out wide to Sagna. Sagna then plays a great ball to Robin van Persie who's still not really that close to Everton's box. Despite having at least 3 good passing opportunities, van Persie decides to run across the goal, then smashes the ball, which curls all the way past a stranded Howard, and just inside the post to win Arsenal the game in the 92nd minute!

Video Link

Goal G (submitted by Whoopy D)

Video Link 1 | Video Link 2 (alternative angle)

Goal H (submitted by Cardiovascular)

Player: Colin White

Match: Dundela v Portstewart

In-game date: 5/12/9

Venue: Wilgar Park, Belfast

Description: Cross from MC falls to the MR on the ege of the area, who turns away from goal, back towards goal before slamming the ball into furthest away corner

Video Link

Goal I (submitted by Charlesbeams)

Player: Alberto Gilardino

Match: Fiorentina v Liverpool C.League Group D Match

In-game date: 26/11/08

Venue: Artemio Franchi

Description: Donadel intercepts Reina's clearance to Mascherano, knocks it to Jovetic(set up all 3 goals), who plays a through ball to Gilardino on his hat-trick, and lobs the keeper from 25yards (apparently) Video Link

Player: Tom Pepper

Match: Hitchin vs. Weston-Super-Mare

In-game date: 30/1/10

Venue: Top Field, Hitchin

Description: Some good link-up play down the right falls to Normington, who plays it across to Tom Pepper who blasts it into the top corner from 30 yards

http://files.filefront.com/Hitchin+v+Weston+super+Maepkm/;12825943;/fileinfo.html

Again, sorry its a PKM (the goal is in the third minute)

Archived