Coutinho - Anyone had him before?

AcidBurn

coutinhodl7.jpg

Was just checking out the Barcelona team and this guy had scored twice. I thought he was a regen but he wasnt and he looks like a class player starts at Vasco, I have never heard of him before but could be worth a look in the future. Has anyone had this guy before? If so how much does he cost at the beginning of the game? Anyone got a screenshot of him at the start?

I didnt put this in the good midfielders guide as I dont know if he performs any good or not lol.

I wondered about that. He has a release clause of £10.5 million might be worth a go. Its strange but FM09 seems to have a few more "undiscovered gems" than FM08 did. Hopefully someone has had him before and can tell me if he performs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got him on a free as well for my Derby team, was very very happy that Inter released him, one season on his stats have improved incredibly and the likes of real madrid, man utd, inter (lol) are all bidding upwards of £15 million for him...brilliant

• 3 months later...

I just got Coutinho for Rangers - cost me £15m quid....

So far, he's not really performed too well. I have found that its better to put in in a central midfield role, with forward runs set to "Often", rather than put him forward of the midfield.

Hopefully he's just settling in. My master plan is to have Coutinho & Ramires controlling the Midfield!!!!

• 1 month later...

Signed this gem of a youngster on a free after inter milan ( sign him on pre-contract in 2010) released him in 2012, Had him on basic training and played him a few games here and there and he has become immense, coaches say he is similar to Gerrard and has the potential to be much better. Played him centre mid and he is phenomenal. I am Liverpool on the 9.03 update and in 5th season btw

Yea Inter released him on a free in my Hoffenheim save, I quickly snapped him up, he has played a few games for me so far this season, (only in January now). I prefer him over Parejo, even though Parejo has some better stats, Coutinho does play better despite what his stats say, hopefully I can improve him more and make him the world-class player he can be. Then there will be the battle to keep him, *fingers crossed*

There are better options available but this guy is usually available on a free transfer every time, there are not as many options that are 99 percent of the time available on a free transfer. Even if he doesnt play well you can still make a big profit off him.

I do agree next season he will be bumped up it seems to happen everytimes someone moves to a big club, Keirrison will also be bumped up after his move to Barcelona if it goes through.

There arent many better options about!! play him as a centre mid and he runs the show. you have to bleed him in.... a few games here and there just to get him settled then you will see him at his best. Becomes one of the best centre mids on the game.... goals and assists galore. Becomes similar to Steven Gerrard

• 2 weeks later...

he was very good for me but i was playing him mc which wasn't a natural position for him. Spent along time waiting for it to become natural which didn't happen. Made a nice 20 million profit on him after signing him for free though. If you play with a amc i reckon he'd be great

Archived