FM 2009: Ipswich Town FC

Tweaked

Ipswich_Town_FC.png

Ipswich Town FC (The Tractor Boys) were founded in 1878 and turned proffessional in 1936. They currently play in the English Coca-Cola Football League Championship and are only expected to finish mid-table.

Ipswich Town FC play their home games at the state of the art 33,000 seater Portman Road. The team enjoyed the best years in the late 70's and early 80's where they secured the runners up spot twice in a row, the FA Cup trophy and a famous UEFA Cup championship after beating Dutch side AZ Alkmaar 5-4 on aggregate. Ipswich won the English Premier League (then division 1) in the 1961-1962 season on their first attempt after being promoted from division 2. Ipswich last played in the Premier League in the year 2002 but the club went into financial administration but despite this they continued to threaten the other championship sides finished just shy of a playoff place. During the 2003-2004 season the clubs fortune continued as they came out of administration and almost gained promotion but failed to beat West Ham United in the playoffs, a team that would later do the same the year after. In 2007 businessman Marcus Evans took control of the club after buying 87.5% stake.

Ipswich in Football Manager 09:

The club starts with a £4.8million - £6.75million transfer budget which is more than enough to create a league winning side. Also make sure to look after the reserves and youth side as there is some young talent in their that have the potential to really impress.

First Team Squad:

GK: Richard Wright - A more than capable goal keeper Richard Wright will prove an invaluable member of the squad.

GK: Shane Supple - Good enough as back up and with the potential to be as good, if not better, than Richard Wright.

RWB: Moritz Volz - The on loan Fulham wing back is a hard worker and does brilliantly in a 5-3-2 formation.

RB: David Wright - A decent right back who is capable when needed.

CB: Pim Balkestein - A young Dutch prospect who will work well as backup for the first team.

CB: Alex Bruce - A big presence at the back, Alex Bruce should be on the team sheet first everytime.

CB: Richard Naylor - A bit past his prime and you should look to offload him as soon as possible.

LB: Ben Thatcher - A decent left back but you should look to replace him if possible.

AMR: Jaime Peters - Not a good choice as a right winger i would recommend attempting to offload him if possible.

DM: Ivan Campo - A good solid choice with great attributes but after one season his abilities start to deteriate.

DM: Veliche Shumulikoski - This guy is your man if you want someone who to protect your back line and still grab a few at the other end.

CM: Owen Garvan - A great centre midfielder who is only going to get better but you will do well to keep him at the club.

CM: Tommy Miller - An ageing centre midfielder who could do with being replaced.

CM: Liam Trotter - Another good young prospect who has the potential to step up and play in the first team.

CM: David Norris - A slightly over rated central midfielder who shouldnt really make the bench.

AML: Alan Quinn - A weak choice at left midfield and another player who should be transfer listed.

ST: Danny Haynes - A pacey young striker who can prove to be a valuable assest to the team.

ST: Jonathan Walters - A big strong striker who would work well as a target man.

ST: Pable Counago - A potentially good striker but inconsistancy can cause a problem.

ST: Kevin Lisbie - A pacey striker with a lot of experience but isnt quite good enough for the first team.

ST: Jon Stead - A good balanced striker who could do well but consistancy could be a problem.

Recommendations:

I recommend a 5-3-2 wing back formation. To pull this off Rat would make an excellent signing for around 2.5million. A centre back will be needed to strenghten the back line and possibly a new central midfielder who has good attacking capabilities.

I won the league in season one using a 5-3-2 formation as follows:

GK: Wright

RWB: Volz

RCB: Bruce

CB: Campo

LCB: Eduardo

LWB: Rat

CM: Merida

CM: Shumulikoski

CM: Garvan

ST: Haynes

ST: Lewandowski

Season One Signings In:

Eduardo - Botafogo - £950K

Razvan Rat - Shakhtar - £2.7million

Franciso Merida - Arsenal - Loan

Gianluca Palmiteri - Free

Fabian Delph - Leeds - £850K

Tamika Mkandawire - Leyton Orient - 120K

Robert Lewandowski - Lech - 875K

Liam Miller - Sunderland - £150K

Season One Signings Out:

Tommy Miller - Blackpool - Free

Alan Quinn - St.Mirren - Loan

Chris Casement - Free

David Norris - Celtic - £500k

Matt Richards - Doncaster - Free

David Wright - Celtic - £50k

Richard Naylor - Free

Pablo Counago - Crystal Palace - £250k

Jaime Peters - San Jose - Loan

Gianluca Palmiteri - Peterborough - Loan

Ive just entered July season 2 and ive signed Keirrison on a free transfer from Cortiba and im looking at Sturridge, Stephen Ireland, Remy Riou and a new right wing back as Volz has returned from loan. I only got 7.5million as a transfer budget and i had to say i would finish mid table to get that. Im selling players like McAuley and Trotter and that should raise an extra couple million.

Tweaker

Good thread, I'll add it to the links thread:)

Dose

Welcome to the forums:)

Season 1 finished 2nd 1 point behing Reading

Season 2 finished 19th dreadful season - the board gave me £1.5m transfer budget and told me to reduce the wage bill! Could only get in loan sigings and really had to few decent players to have a chance!

Get the brazillian lad Rafael at wing back/fullback on loan from man utd, he was my best player duirng my relegation (second season) Volz did really well in season 1, finished 2nd and scored 100 goals playing 4-4-2, also brought in Rat and played him at left midfield, also got in Binya (DM), Matri (ST) (top scorer with 20 £150,000 sold for £2.5m), Tordoya at centre back and Celso Borges at CM for £500,000 (sold for £750,000 then got another £500,000 due to a sell on clause).

After finishing 7th in the PL in my 3rd season a lucky fair play draw got me into the uefa cup and some frankly crazy transfers allowed me to bring in some real quality for whats shaping up to be an interesting 4th season.

Adu went out for 35m to arsenal, a nice 20m profit. Beevers for 20m to spurs another 17m straight profit, left me with 70m or so to spend.

in came hamsik, fernandez, fazio, boswinga and a transfer listed deigo was nabbed from arsenal for 8m, though i need to train him to play right midfield.

ipsquadcj2.th.jpg

transfersrd8.th.jpgthpix.gif

For once im actually looking forward to a season, though no doubt my increased expectations will only lead to more misery when i fail :(

Great thread as I'm a supporter of the mighty Blues. Anyway I've got to wait for FM2009 as I'm getting it for Xmas so I've been playing the demo and I totally agree in buying Rat as he turns out to be a superb buy. Also I was wondering if there was any chance of uploading your tactics as they seem to have been quite successful. Cheers again.

I did well with Ipswich in 08 so thought I'd use them again. So far i've brought in Guana from Palermo, Spiranovic, Sanmartean, Insua and Chopra on loan and trying to get Rafael Forster and someone in for the left wing. I'm going to try a basic 442 compared to last times box 442.

Just thought id give a quick update on my progress. I havent played much because ive been busy at work but ive got to the stage where ive finished building my team ready for my first season in the premier league...

After winning the Championship i have scrapped a large portion of my team that got me there and replaced them with a mix of young and experienced players...

Out:

Kevin Lisbie - Loaned out to FC Twente

Liam Trotter - £1.1M to QPR

Gianluca Palmiteri - £1M to Cagliari

Jon Stead - £2.5M to QPR

Alan Quinn - £500K to Sheffield Wednesday

Tamika Mkandawire - £500K to Barnsley

Gareth McAuley - £1M to Bolton

Alex Bruce - £1.8M to Bolton (was hard to let him go but there is too much competition for CB)

Danny Haynes - £1M to Middlesbrough

Pim Balkestein - Loaned out to Southampton

In:

Daniel Sturridge - Free from Manchester City

Jeremy Sorbon - £750K from Caen

Aythami 0 £850K from Deportivo

Gabriel Tamas - £825K from AJ Auxerre

Ryan McGowan - £1M from Hearts

Vincenzo Fiorillo - £4.8M from Sampdoria

Keirrison - Free from Cortiba

Nedum Onuoha - £2.2M from Manchester City

Mascio - £400K from Parma

Jack Wilshere - £3.1M from Arsenal

So now my team lines up like so:

GK: Vincenzo Fiorillo

RWB: Nedum Onuoha

RCB: Jeremy Sorbon

CB: Aythami

LCB: Eduardo

LWB: Razvan Rat

RCM: Owen Garvan

CM: Veliche Shumulikoski

LCM: Jack Wilshere

ST: Keirrison

ST: Robert Lewandowski

Subs & Backup:

Richard Wright

Gabriel Tamas

Ryan McGowan

Mascio

Daniel Sturridge

Fabian Delph

Jonthan Walters

I know from this my squad does look small, but i have cover in all positions so i dont feel the need to sign any back up players that will most likely just eat up my wage budget and never play.

Just started a new save as ipswich, any advice on signings?

As i always do at the start of a new game, im in the middle of replacing some of the staff that dont quite cut it. And then to the positions i need the most which is my defence, trying to get Rat and Lequi which i think is all i would need there. Then I think i need some good wingers, any ideas for wingers?

Im not sure about wingers as i only use a wing back formation, but you cannot miss out on Eduardo from Botafogo. He is amazing and in my second season ive had to fight off 6mill+ offers from the likes of Valencia and FC Porto. You should be able to get him for about 800K as well.

Just started a new save as ipswich, any advice on signings?

As i always do at the start of a new game, im in the middle of replacing some of the staff that dont quite cut it. And then to the positions i need the most which is my defence, trying to get Rat and Lequi which i think is all i would need there. Then I think i need some good wingers, any ideas for wingers?

hello

Right I found left midfield wasnt as much as a issue as it might seem, Quinn is half ok and Walters can play there too. But still, its an area to improve.

Look at getting in BOTH Lewandownski (SP) players, they are both decent and cheap. Pablo was actually my best striker, Haynes 2nd best.

I also got Freddy Ljunberg cheap, and he is decent enough to assist with your promotion aspirations.

Lequl is good and free so another one to buy for sure. Same as Rat.

From memory my team (that came 2nd with 95 points) was...

GK - Wright

DR - Volz

DC - Lequl

DC - McAully

DL - Rat

MR - Ljunberg

MC - Lewandonski/Boarges (SP)

MC - Garvan/Binya

ML - Guierro (1.6m - v good player)

FC - Pablo C

FC - Haynes then I got Lewandonski (Robert) at Xmas.

Sell off the dead wood as you repalce them with better players.... I ended up selling alot of players to fund my new team. Got promoted, but only got £1m budget! So I had to sell a few inc Garvan for £6m to raise funds, ended up spending £7.25m on new players/staff but actually sold £9.25m worth!

First 2 away games got beat badly by Villa and Everton, but then I've just drawn 2-2 at home with Liverpool, and Torres equalized in the 91st min!

Got a good ish squad - confident I can (just) beat the drop.

Anyone had their staduim expanded? Its annying that I've now got 22m in the bank and £0 transfer budget......

Not played a FM game since 07 and finding 09 much more complicated tactically.

Just started first season managing Ipswich Town.

Got some new players in;

Billy Jones - Preston 1.8m

Adrian Gonzalez - 725k

and of course Razvan Rat!

and Massimo Neri is my asst man.

Trying Big H's 4-4-2 tactics from these forums and the team seems to be very inconsistant, with the strikers missing chances and hardly scoring and rating below 6 most games.

I have Neri's advice window open during matches and make the changes he suggests during the games, such as closing down certain players etc, but I can't seem to alter some of them.

Such as " Bruce is used to closing down more" so I move his slider up/down but the message remains.

So any formations, tactics and tips in general for a noob manager? :thup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished my third season and I have followed a lot of the advice from this thread and forum.

However the first place to start is the tactics, although Tweaked went with a 5-3-2, I'm a 4-4-2 man and I've tried a few. The ones I couldn't get to work were Sexy Football, role theory and Pompey 4-4-2, although I got promoted and stayed up. Finally I read the excellent Simplicity post by Crouchaldhino (see here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=100704) and I finally seem to be making progress. My strongest team is below.

167716_picture-7.png

League Progress

Somehow in the first season I managed to finish third and in a tense play-off final (0-0 aet) I beat Crystal Palace on penalties. In my second season I survived on the final day, phew. And now I have moved up to 15th

Transfers

This has probably been the hardest part

Season 1: £4.65M

167285_picture-5.png

Best buy: Diomande

Worst: Gerard

Season 2: £1.5M (yes that's right I had just been promoted to the EPL)

167284_picture-4.png

Best buy/loan: Pinto (his goalkeeping kept me up)

Worst buy: Cascio (I bought him by mistake)

Season 3: £5.35M

167283_picture-3.png

Best buy: Ben Foster

Worst: Monteiro (never settled)

Season 4: £29M (Woohoo)

Who am I buying - I have no idea yet, although I was offered Ben Arfa

Well I haven't recreated Sir Bobby yet, but we're building steadily, it's easier now my tactics are working. This season we beat Chelsea and L'pool, both played very narrow 4-1-2-1-2 and the 4-4-2 rips them apart. I hope this gives people some ideas for getting Town back to the top.

will he appear on an updated patch??

should destroy the championship :D

They don't usually bring out offical updates after the Post January one I don't think.

Probably best off editing him there yourself or using an unofficial Transfer update for him to be there.

• 3 weeks later...

After playing a fair few seasons on my Ipswich save the board have been kind enough to build a shiny new stadium named after me.

stadium-1.jpg

I've also managed to get Ipswich into there rightful position as the worlds top club :)

rankings-2.jpg

a lot of credit must go to simonbyrneno.4 and his man u tactic, its been almost a perfect tactic for me on this save.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=96488

Just gotta play out one more season now so i can enjoy my new stadium.

I've Just started an on-line game with a mate of mine and have chosen Ipswich. I've strengthend in midfield and defence which has left me with very little cash to strengthen the forwards. Can anyone suggest any cheep/loan strikers that will get goals at this level.

I've Just started an on-line game with a mate of mine and have chosen Ipswich. I've strengthend in midfield and defence which has left me with very little cash to strengthen the forwards. Can anyone suggest any cheep/loan strikers that will get goals at this level.

V.Irineu? Lewandowski? Tafer? Daryl Murphy? Kadlec?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

SI are always on the look out for an experienced FM gamer to research Ipswich Town.

Applicants will have both a huge passion for and extensive knowledge of their club.

Would any objective season ticket holder or regular matchgoer like to help? The task involves giving as-accurate-as-possible ratings to every aspect of each player's game, including reserves and youth players, plus keeping us up to date of all transfers at the club, as well as their financial position. In fact, if it is in the database for your club, we want your help to keep it updated! We would expect you to consider yourself THE authority on your club, rather than being a passive observer of them.

The work involves a thrice-yearly thorough working through of the data file, using a provided editing package that is simple to use.

The rest of the year, we obviously need to be kept up to date with transfers and contract news, as well as info on the club debts/finances, so that every bit of information that FM uses about your club is as accurate as it can be. That is the task of the researcher to provide the info, and to be up to date with the news there.

So, it will be the appointed researcher's call as to how your manager's designated formations, or your first-team goalkeeper's decisions attribute read in the expected post-transfer window data update for FM2010. We do need that person to follow (or watch, if possible) the reserves so that we can accurately simulate their abilities in our game too. We would prefer the researcher to be a local to the town, to be best positioned to attend as many games as possible.

In the last year we have successfully appointed new researchers for many clubs, including a large majority of those from appeals to these forums.

We do not pay, unfortunately, although all researchers are integrated into our research team and if you do a good job you could be eligible for a free copy of FM.

Please email me (dean at sigames dot com) if you're in a position to lend a hand. Your help would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently managing Ipswich in one of my saved games. I am not doing too well as I am 17th after 26 games. Stead is top scorer with 12 goals in 26 (1) games, Lisbie has 8 in 21 (7), then Couango with 5 in 11 (9). Walters had a good run at the start of the season with 2 in 5 games from the right wing but then tore his calf muscle and was out for 5 months.

So far i have signed Gary McSheffrey from Birmingham for £3m (Avg. Rating 6.7, 1 goal in 23 (1)). He has been a disappointment so far! Also signed Mark Yeates (AM R/L) from Colchester for £1.5m (Avg. Rating 6.61, 0 goals in 6 (3). He looks a decent player but he has been injured a hell of a lot. Also picked up Levan Tskitishvilli DM/M L/C on a free (Avg. Rating 6.9, 0 goals in 7 (2)), been a decent buy so far. I also sold Alan Quinn to Coventry for £400K.

Looks good, could be my next challenge

Wow how annoying. Have set this up and have (I have to confess) made my signings on the back of others experiences as Posted in this thread and other Championship based ones, and low and behold the Board will not give me any more Transfer kitty despite the signings that I have made being very well received. Nevermind it is looking like a fun save game but as an "Ex International" rep manager this is a little disappointing bearing in mind the OP's assessment of the club.

Wow how annoying. Have set this up and have (I have to confess) made my signings on the back of others experiences as Posted in this thread and other Championship based ones, and low and behold the Board will not give me any more Transfer kitty despite the signings that I have made being very well received. Nevermind it is looking like a fun save game but as an "Ex International" rep manager this is a little disappointing bearing in mind the OP's assessment of the club.

After a whole weekend (apart from the bit where we played Rockband!) playing my new Ipswich save game I have JUST reached the end of the pre-season friendlies -I like to take my time! Home vs Reading tonight, the big "kick-off". I have an observation (though note that the performances referred to were against Lowestoft / Felixstowe & other equally poor non league teams).

I noted that the Ass Man (note I am using the "Muppet Management" ethos) was complaining the Counago (one of my best SC's) was "poor at shooting" (I forget the exact wording), & his match rating was poor. I wanted to give him a continued run out so I maximised his RWB & TTB hoping that his involvement would remain the same but he would get less shots away. Twice to my amazement he turned on the style & score 2 goals running & dribbling from deep and finishing from close in). So I think (testing at a higher level pending) that this maximises Counagos abilities, note he is playing an FCd role (with Makukula ahead at FCa, and very prolific).

Also signed Stephen Marlet on a free, he gets around all over the attacking 3rd from the FCd position (am using wwfans inspired 442 Ro2) - a right nuisance to the AI !. :-)

Have got Man Utd as Parent club which should have good benefits, though it went against the grain that I had to bite the bullet & praise Sour Alex. Luckily his response was terse so I wont have to do that again! but we are on speaking terms still.

After a whole weekend (apart from the bit where we played Rockband!) playing my new Ipswich save game I have JUST reached the end of the pre-season friendlies -I like to take my time! Home vs Reading tonight, the big "kick-off". I have an observation (though note that the performances referred to were against Lowestoft / Felixstowe & other equally poor non league teams).

I noted that the Ass Man (note I am using the "Muppet Management" ethos) was complaining the Counago (one of my best SC's) was "poor at shooting" (I forget the exact wording), & his match rating was poor. I wanted to give him a continued run out so I maximised his RWB & TTB hoping that his involvement would remain the same but he would get less shots away. Twice to my amazement he turned on the style & score 2 goals running & dribbling from deep and finishing from close in). So I think (testing at a higher level pending) that this maximises Counagos abilities, note he is playing an FCd role (with Makukula ahead at FCa, and very prolific).

Also signed Stephen Marlet on a free, he gets around all over the attacking 3rd from the FCd position (am using wwfans inspired 442 Ro2) - a right nuisance to the AI !. :-)

Have got Man Utd as Parent club which should have good benefits, though it went against the grain that I had to bite the bullet & praise Sour Alex. Luckily his response was terse so I wont have to do that again! but we are on speaking terms still.

Mmmmm, a bit ofa dormant thread! Nevermind I shall Post a while to see if there is any "life out there".

Played H vs Reading, 1st match of season, absolutely blitzed them...and lost 2-0 ! Annoying but we were very unlucky. Glad the 2nd game (L Cup, H vs Wycombe) was a victory, 2-0, am troubled that both goals came in last 10 mins, it was looking like the same story as match 1 !. Home Coventry up next, need 3 points now to be doing averagely. Team looks good, though I could have too large a squad, always my FM/CM failing for many years!. Have captured a few gems though and Makukula has not been properly fit yet, got a cold the week before the 1st match & picked up a knock in it. Scoring could be a problem, the way weve started, but "gelling time" may prove my worries groundless.

Mmmmm, a bit ofa dormant thread! Nevermind I shall Post a while to see if there is any "life out there".

Played H vs Reading, 1st match of season, absolutely blitzed them...and lost 2-0 ! Annoying but we were very unlucky. Glad the 2nd game (L Cup, H vs Wycombe) was a victory, 2-0, am troubled that both goals came in last 10 mins, it was looking like the same story as match 1 !. Home Coventry up next, need 3 points now to be doing averagely. Team looks good, though I could have too large a squad, always my FM/CM failing for many years!. Have captured a few gems though and Makukula has not been properly fit yet, got a cold the week before the 1st match & picked up a knock in it. Scoring could be a problem, the way weve started, but "gelling time" may prove my worries groundless.

Looks like I have hijacked this thread, hopefully another Tractor-ite will discover this and air their own experiences.

Had very little FM time last night but played just the H. vs Coventry Championship match. Totally dominated and won 2-0. The 1st goal a Bruce header from a corner on the stroke of half time (corner bug, I love you!). Their only shot on goal of note, comfortably saved, came in the last 10 mins. On 92 mins with Cov encamped on my 18 yard line my defence hoofed the ball to the centre circle where J. Walters (so far not my star striker!), on side in his own half by 5 yards and 10 yards clear of any defender ran on to hammer the second goal past the helpless keeper. Pure magic!

I feel my present experiences of FM really contradict the "No Tactikz Werk" and "FM I hate you!" Posts although I sympathaise as I lost faith that way with FM07 + FM08 and was hitting a brick wall progress wise with FM09 until I re-examined the wwfan tactic guide. The following will enhance your FM enjoyment I am sure and I am proof positive that they can make a positive beginning for a decent if underachieveing club.

Other reading (T&TF Forum):

"Management approach (Lower League Edition)*" *has some validity at all levels. wwfans "TT&T"

(& my own "Muppet Management" ethos).

Things have turned very interesting! I have dominated every competitive match I have played but the last 3 results were:

A. Forest (CCC) L. 1-0

H. Scunthorpe (LC) W 3-1

A. QPR (CCC) L 2-1

Am about 17th in CCC table (Pld 4, points 3 ! )but the fans are loving the teams play and players ratings are pretty high! It looks like a couple of results will turn it all around though. May have too many new good signings, inevitably some quality players are not making the 1st XI which may breed discontent.

next up...

H. Plymouth (CCC) 1-1 (we were huge favourites but were lucky to draw in the end) :-(

A. Birmingham (CCC) L 2-1 (conceeded lead on 88mins and then they scored again!)

at this point I am thinking that all out attack may be a way to stop the rot. Attacking tactics from the off from now on...

H. Norwich (CCC) 1-1 (conceded last 3 mins again!, their only shot on target, but nearly got the all important result)

A. Everton (LC) L 0-2 (actually I we were sooo unlucky, could have been a real upset)

My tactics are working, we just seem to get caught out and the wrong moment. At this point I read Surferosa's excellent "Opposition Instructions-an easier way" thread. I realised that my OI's were set all wrong Damn! Now I know how to go about this.....

A. Southampton W 4-1 !

H. Barnsley W 3-1.

Onwards & upwards!

A. Sheff Weds L 1-0 (we had the advantage on all percentile stats and 7 SoffT / 1 SonT v's 2 SoffT / 1 SonT - it happens!)

H. Preston W 2-0 (bullied St Ledger as he was unhappy & in dispute with his club, it lead directly to a vital goal)

A. Wolves 0-0

H. Swansea W 4-2 (awesome!)

A. Bristol City W 3-2

*Swans & Bristol C were riding high until we got amongst them though they both fought back from 2 & 3 goals adrift.

All above were in CCC of course.

H Charlton (CCC) w 1-0. Interesting match, post match review told how we dominated and should have won by more, which was true, but the AI manager gave his usual Churchillian HT talk so we were up against it all 2nd half having to resort to Parking the Bus for the last 10 mins.

Have just realised that Sergei Krivets (one of my new signings) is one of the high PA recommendation players! Makukula is turning out to be a bit of a lemon, will have to try using him as a target man that may help - everyone else in the Forums adores him although I had him at St Etienne and there he was not exactly "outstanding"

currently got a 100% record in the league with 12 wins in 12 and my closest rivals reading are 6 points behind and in bad form atm so my lead is growing by the week :D

1st season players in:

E Insua (loan)

A El Mohammady (160,000)

B Khumalo (250,000)

H Singh (100,000)

A R Traore (1,000,000)

O Agyemang (375,000)

M Morton (16,000)

P C Skjelbred (1,100,000)

H Suazo (1,300,000)

E Esqueda (150,000)

M Lequi (free)

1st season players out:

T Miller (375,000)

R Naylor (free)

D Wright (475,000)

D Bowditch (35,000)

J Peters (375,000)

currently got a 100% record in the league with 12 wins in 12 and my closest rivals reading are 6 points behind and in bad form atm so my lead is growing by the week :D

1st season players in:

E Insua (loan)

A El Mohammady (160,000)

B Khumalo (250,000)

H Singh (100,000)

A R Traore (1,000,000)

O Agyemang (375,000)

M Morton (16,000)

P C Skjelbred (1,100,000)

H Suazo (1,300,000)

E Esqueda (150,000)

M Lequi (free)

1st season players out:

T Miller (375,000)

R Naylor (free)

D Wright (475,000)

D Bowditch (35,000)

J Peters (375,000)

Oh I wasnt doing that well! Have now gone back to CM0102 as Ipswich (with the 2001 database! - come on you Bent's!!), the FM09 match engine was annoying me a bit but I will return to it at some time no doubt. Its funny but it was the Roy Keane thing that got me back into Ipswich management, cant stand the bloke - am a Man City fan, but the way he turned that team around on the park over just 2 weeks was insptrational in a CM / FM kind of way!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, new seasons up and running with my beloved Ipswich, and atm, sitting 4th after 9 games :)

Sooo, for the outs:

Tommy Miller - QPR - 500k

Alan Quinn - Coventry - 500k

Dean Bowditch - 20k - Chesterfield

Pablo Counago - 500k - Blackpool

Matt Richards - Coventry - 200k

And, for the Ins:

Daniel Pajero - Real Madrid - 625k

Fedor Smolov - Dinamo Moscow - 250k

Juan Manuel Torres - San Lorenzo - 230k

Ryan McGowan - Hearts - 75k

Franciso Merida - Arsenal - Loan

Jonathan Cristaldo - Velez - 250k

Gai Assulin - Barcelona - Loan - Future fee agreed for 800k

Jennison Myrie-Williams - Bristol City - 70k

Smolov and Cristaldo have been absolute class for me, banging in goals left right and centre :)

Joining in January is Eduardo from Botafogo.

Also trying to sign Alex Smithies, from Huddersfield, looks a good young keeper, ill keep you all updated :)

Piddy, thankyou very much, so, as you point that out, where do you feel I need to strengthen, my assistant says I need to strengthen in defence, but, I have Eduardo joining in January, soo? Midfield looks sorted, Civellis playing really well for me.

If anything, is there any young talent I should be looking at?

And im on Patch 9.03

• 3 months later...

New save, First with Ipswich. On an update.

Outs:

Counago

Someone else (not on FM atm so cant remember)

~£1.8m

Ins:

Ochirosii

Zozyula

Kravets

Yarmolenko

Vahirua

Dalton

Nestor

Anier

~£5m

Going solid, only lost to Newcastle 3-2

Beat Wigan 4-2 in preseason though.

New save, First with Ipswich. On an update.

Outs:

Counago

Someone else (not on FM atm so cant remember)

~£1.8m

Ins:

Ochirosii

Zozyula

Kravets

Yarmolenko

Vahirua

Dalton

Nestor

Anier

~£5m

Going solid, only lost to Newcastle 3-2

Beat Wigan 4-2 in preseason though.

Well done, good signings there, spent a lot but still good, keep it up.

Archived