Man Utd-A New Dawn+Near PerfectionV4

this is the updated version of my tactics as at 07/08/09

this my new tactic "New Dawn" 07/08/09

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in updating this thread. I'm sure like most United fans, i've had a bit of difficulty in accepting that our no.1 player has gone to madrid. Cant blame him really, it's his boyhood team and all that. But i'm sure he'll realise that he should of stayed where he was and that the team was built around him at United. It ain't going to be like that at Madrid.

Anyway rant over.....Lets move onto tactics, the reason for this thread!!!

With Ronaldo leaving i decided to move away from trying to get the best out of my AMR to getting the best out of my player in the "hole" as they call it. Basically making the most out of Rooney at United. Pretty much like the way that its going to be at United this season.

I've moved back to a more rigid 442 so to speak but it lines up more as a 4411 when the players mentalities and all that kick in. Here's a screenshot of how it looks on the tactics page:

manchesterunitedg.th.png

Ok once we know the way that the side will line up here's a break down of the player types that i use for each specific position:

GK: Basic Gk Normally Foster

DR: Attacking attributes are a plus but once they are solid defensively you'll be fine Wes Brown did well for me before Rafael developed.

DL:Same as DR

DCR: Ball playing centre half in the mould of Rio

DCL: The better Defender of your two centre halfs(Vidic/Terry mould)

ML: Normal winger; i've rotated between Giggs/park/Nani and Tosic

MCR-Defensive midfielder(Carrick/Hargreaves/Fletcher)

MCL- Attacking midfielder (Carrick/Scholes/Anderson)

MR- Fast/direct Winger...Valencia has nailed down this position

FCL- Put Rooney in this position.

FCR- Any of the other United strikers...Acts as the main spearhead of your attack.

My squad

Here's a screenshot of my squad:

manchesterunited2.th.png

As you can see i haven't added many players to my squad and have tried to remain with the current United squad as i thought it would be a challenge to see how far i could bring this exiting group of young players and see how exactly i could develop them.

My list of trophies over the past 4 seasons are:

Community Shield: Won it 3 outta 4 times

Carling Cup: Won it only once sadly but was runners up twice

FA Cup: Won it twice and was a runner up once aswell

Premier League: Won it every season in the 4 seasons over which this tactic was tested

Champions League: Only won it once but was a runner up once and also semi-finalists in the the other two seasons

Fifa World Champions and Super Cup winners the season after which we won the Champions League.

So i've done really well in every competition over the past 4 years but as i said earlier, the main focus of this tactic was to maximise the talents of Wayne Rooney. I feel that this tactic is exceptional at doing this. Here's a screenshot of his history over the past 4 years,(the final season isn't the best, but that's because he missed alot of time with injuries):

manchesterunited3.th.png

He scored 165 goals in 192 appearences! Thats an exceptional return from one player over 4 seasons.

My other strikers scored on average the following:

Berbatov got on average 25 goals a season

Owen got around the 20 mark most years except for my final year(welbeck over took him as 3rd choice)

Welbeck got at least 10 every year but in the last season he's pushed on and got over 20.

and

Macheda has gotten around the ten mark the past couple of years.

I've also gotten more than a fair share of goals from my midfield too.

As with any tactic this it take a while for your team to blend and get used to the formation

For OI:

As before, i always do the following for each individual player:

Show onto weaker foot always,

Closing down always,

and

Hard tackling always.

Here's the link for the new tactic:

A New Dawn _Man Utd_ Jun 2012_.tac - 0.00MB

Give it a go and let me know what you guys think!!

Here's also an updated version of Near Perfection:

Near PerfectionV4 _Man Utd_ Jun 2012_.tac - 0.00MB

I used this occassionally in games where i felt my midfield was slightly being exposed.

It's the same shape as the previous versions of the tactic;

gk

back 4

DCM

ML MC

AMR AMC

FC

Players to be used in each position are exactly the same except that Rooney is the AMC.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do u use this for home and away, or do u change any settings for different situations?

To be honest jay i use it for Home and Away games as it is, selection of players is where my main change is, ie using both Carrick and Hargreaves as my midfield partnership and solid right full, mainly Wes Brown.

One slight change i do make sometimes is, i move the MCR to DMC and put the MCL to MCR if you get what i mean, thiis means you defence gets the extra protection of having a DMC and moving you other centre mid to the right central position helps balance the team as he offers a "presence" on the right side as Ronaldo doesn't do too much defensive work.

Your formation will then look like this:

manchesterunited4vt4.th.png

But i only rarely do this, maybe only against Arsenal and maybe Chelsea are about the only games i do this

i used your tactic with amazing results with arsenal the only teams ive had problems with is man u and west brom but playing this game im well used 2 it ive played a season since last nite won all cups except fa cup and was conned in that by man u

i put eboue cm by accident

and had 2 disalowed goals an unfit squad because of cleague final extra time

and got 3 injuries in the match including ochua almunia and fabregas

good tactic

well recomend it wud be intrested in seeing what it would be like in a crap team

I must say this tactic so far is the mutts. I am playing again as Lazio and it's almost christmas and I have only been beaten once by AC Milan at home 2-1 I am currently 2nd in the league 2 points off the top and have bought no one in particular. I havent changed any OI settings or anything as it seems to be working as is. Will get back to you after the my 1st season with the tactic is over.

Serie A record so far: P14 W9 D4 L1

Oh and I'm still in the Coppa Italia.

I must say this tactic so far is the mutts. I am playing again as Lazio and it's almost christmas and I have only been beaten once by AC Milan at home 2-1 I am currently 2nd in the league 2 points off the top and have bought no one in particular. I havent changed any OI settings or anything as it seems to be working as is. Will get back to you after the my 1st season with the tactic is over.

Serie A record so far: P14 W9 D4 L1

Oh and I'm still in the Coppa Italia.

Good to hear that it's working across different leagues! Hadn't tested it in any other league other than the premiership.

just finished the season. Came 3rd and got knocked out of coppa italia in 1st round but i bought really nobody good. and my media predic was 11th so im well impressed. final league standings:

P38 W23 D7 L8 For:80 (best attack) AG: 45

roll on season 2 and the champions league!!

Do you change any instructions when playing Anderson as the mc(a)?

I always find that he performs poorly when compared to playing Carrick in the same role.

Do you change any instructions when playing Anderson as the mc(a)?

I always find that he performs poorly when compared to playing Carrick in the same role.

I give Anderson the following:

run with ball mixed,

forward runs mixed,

long shots mixed,

through balls often ,

cross ball mixed,

cross ball from mixed.

But keep his mentality and cf the same.

The only major change is taking his long shots down from often to mixed.

He's my number one midfielder at the moment with Carrick in the defensive role. The two really complement each other really well

good tactic but any chance of a more defensive one for when were 2-0 and got like 20minutes left!?

Why would you want to go defensive in the last twenty mins? That just invites pressure onto your side(Much like Liverpool last night!!!). Best form of defense is attack!! But if you want me to give it a go at trying to make it a bit more defensive i will. Probably end up with something along the lines of 4-2-1-2-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 formation, based around either having Carrick and Hargreaves or just one of them sitting in front of the back 4 protecting them sacrificing one of my strikers

Working like a charm on my Ipswich save, best result so far was beating Chelsea 4-1 away.

I've a feeling this tactic wont work for anything but the top teams, the good teams will just pass it around you.

However with a good squad it seems the opposition is put under so much pressure by the OI's that you create chance after chance.

Overall very happy with this tactic so far :)

vitoco77,

did u just use the tactic with no tweaks when u won the league, if u made tweaks, what did u make?

When the AI goes 4-2-4, then I play time wasting and very slow...

I use man marking, tight markup and show weaker foot....

I have made some wicked tweaks to this tactic. Basically I was one game away from being fired half way through the season and I took the instructions from an old defensive tactic (just for the back 4) I used a while back. the results were pretty astonishing.

In the 17 games I played my record was:

Played: 17 Won: 13 Drawn: 1 Lost: 3 For: 36 Against 13.

it might not sound impressive to any of you but had I been carrying that form since the start of the season I would have comfortably won the league. I finished 3rd just 3 points off the top.

Gimme one more seaon and I'll let you know if i'm super successful as I think I might be. :)

I have made some wicked tweaks to this tactic. Basically I was one game away from being fired half way through the season and I took the instructions from an old defensive tactic (just for the back 4) I used a while back. the results were pretty astonishing.

In the 17 games I played my record was:

Played: 17 Won: 13 Drawn: 1 Lost: 3 For: 36 Against 13.

it might not sound impressive to any of you but had I been carrying that form since the start of the season I would have comfortably won the league. I finished 3rd just 3 points off the top.

Gimme one more seaon and I'll let you know if i'm super successful as I think I might be. :)

What team are you using? Don't know how you were 1 game from the sack using this tactic. Your the only one so far to comment that this tactic is getting your side into trouble.

Making your full backs defensive will reduce their attacking influence but in my opinion you need good attacking full backs with good decision making otherwise you will be caught 2 against 2 when caught on the break

Well, others comments have been good i see :). Ill try this in my Middlesbrough season for a few games and see how i get on. On a massive losing streak after a good start. But hey boro's team aint exactly good :p.

Could someone upload to a different site for me please as filefront wont work :(

What website would you prefer?

What team are you using? Don't know how you were 1 game from the sack using this tactic. Your the only one so far to comment that this tactic is getting your side into trouble.

Making your full backs defensive will reduce their attacking influence but in my opinion you need good attacking full backs with good decision making otherwise you will be caught 2 against 2 when caught on the break

I'm Lazio. I was only 1 game from getting the sack cause I said I would win the title and I was 6th but only 5 point off the top. The board didnt like this so I made some tweaks but havent played that next season yet. But I love the tactic mate, it's the best I've ever used.

Encouraging comments. United are my favorite team, and I haven't played with them yet, so I'll try it out and tell you how I got on.

Any recommended additions for the current squad?

PS: I got sick of Palombo, Veloso, Diarra, Rossi and Balotelli. Suggest some other players too :)

Brilliant tactic! Scores lots of goals but would be good if somebody could tweek the defence as it also lets in

lots of goals! Apart from that it is really good, based on we will score more than you idea!

I am playing as Bolton in first season and only had £5million to spend. Media prediction is 14th, at the end of

Feb I am currently sat in 4th! Played 28, won 16, 4 draws and lost 8. Scored 57 but conceded 49 so defence

is not very tight but I often win due to scoring lots! I beat Man Utd 4-3 at home and got to the semi final of

the league cup!

Maybe somebody could look at tightening the defence?

Archived