Man Utd-A New Dawn+Near PerfectionV4

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering would it still be effective if i changed the AMR with the ML in easy terms use all the settings that the ML has and change the AMR to MR and use the AMR settings and use it for an AML ?? ..

I tend to do this quite a bit recently, it has a great effect on Ronaldo playing AML. He's scoring more goals and is linking up exceptionally well with Evra down the left.

Thank You SIMON for that amazing tactic. I won the German League, German Cup and the UEFA CUP with Hoffenheim using this tactic.

Please can you upload the training schedules you use for your players.

....and do you set the opposition instructions only based on your assistant recommendations or do you have your own method ?

Thank You SIMON for that amazing tactic. I won the German League, German Cup and the UEFA CUP with Hoffenheim using this tactic.

Please can you upload the training schedules you use for your players.

....and do you set the opposition instructions only based on your assistant recommendations or do you have your own method ?

I use Tugs training schedules, i think they're the best that i found so far on this site.

For OI i always close down every player on the pitch, show them onto their weaker foot, and tackle them hard. I do that for every player including the GK

For OI i always close down every player on the pitch, show them onto their weaker foot, and tackle them hard. I do that for every player including the GK

But that's insane... I tried it in one match and i gave away 2 penalties and got 1 defender sent off... plus 4 yellow cards....

But that's insane... I tried it in one match and i gave away 2 penalties and got 1 defender sent off... plus 4 yellow cards....

Think that could be a freak occourance cause i've never had anything like that happen to me, i get a fair few yellow cards alright about average 2-3 a game as i would expect with any tactic

Just wondering would it still be effective if i changed the AMR with the ML in easy terms use all the settings that the ML has and change the AMR to MR and use the AMR settings and use it for an AML ?? ..

I think you should then do a mirror settings for or players MCr/MCl and so. And ofc if settings aren't diffrent you do not do it ;)

I am having some problems with this tactic. It started out well when I switched over to it, including a 6-1 drubbing of Arsenal in the League Cup. But after about 20 matches, everything has come apart. My last five matches:

Bolton (A) 1-1

Newcastle (A FA Cup) 1-1

Portsmouth (H) 2-1 : winning goal was OG

Newcastle (H FA Cup Replay) 1-1: lost on penalites. Newcastle was down to 10 men for over 70 minutes and I couldn't score.

Standard Liege (A ECC) 2-0 : OG and played against 10 men.

West Ham (A) 0-2 L

The main thing I've noticed is that I am giving up too many 1v1 opps as my DC's seem to be late reacting to the forward's movement and have been highly susceptable to throughballs or over the top long passes. That plus it seems that my backs commit at least one major error each match that either result in a goal or force a great save.

Typical lineup has been VDS - Brown - Evra - Ferdniand - Vidic - Ronaldo - Witsel (Giggs out 5 mo.) - Carrick - Anderson - Rooney - Berba.

I've been tweaking the tempo, changing the defensive line, moving the Mentality of the DC's, sometimes using OI, sometimes not and nothing seems to be getting back to the results I was getting before.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I am having some problems with this tactic. It started out well when I switched over to it, including a 6-1 drubbing of Arsenal in the League Cup. But after about 20 matches, everything has come apart. My last five matches:

Bolton (A) 1-1

Newcastle (A FA Cup) 1-1

Portsmouth (H) 2-1 : winning goal was OG

Newcastle (H FA Cup Replay) 1-1: lost on penalites. Newcastle was down to 10 men for over 70 minutes and I couldn't score.

Standard Liege (A ECC) 2-0 : OG and played against 10 men.

West Ham (A) 0-2 L

The main thing I've noticed is that I am giving up too many 1v1 opps as my DC's seem to be late reacting to the forward's movement and have been highly susceptable to throughballs or over the top long passes. That plus it seems that my backs commit at least one major error each match that either result in a goal or force a great save.

Typical lineup has been VDS - Brown - Evra - Ferdniand - Vidic - Ronaldo - Witsel (Giggs out 5 mo.) - Carrick - Anderson - Rooney - Berba.

I've been tweaking the tempo, changing the defensive line, moving the Mentality of the DC's, sometimes using OI, sometimes not and nothing seems to be getting back to the results I was getting before.

Any ideas are appreciated.

To be honest the ammount of changes to the tactic are probably the main problem that your encountering. Try just using the tactic with using the OI i recommend in the first post.

Making tweaks and changes often can disturb your teams rythem and as a result your results will be poorer in return

simony, how did you fare with my tweaks? were they still working with the bigger opposition teams?

Johnny they were working extremely well last time i was using them. Recently i've been trying to develop the 433 for my United team. Struggling to get the desired movements and goals returnn from my team so far so i'm still working on it

Are you tweaking the tactic during the game or just leave it as it is?

To be honest it's very rare that the tactic needs much tweaking during games, the one that i do every now and again if i'm winning 1-0 and under a bit of pressure is i move my two CM's to the two DMC positons to act as a shield of protection in front of my back 4. That's about the only major changes i make during games.

Oh, plus when i'm playing Chelsea i move Ronaldo from AMR to AML and the ML to MR as i find C-Ashley cole often gets the better of Ronaldo in the game so moving him to the other side makes him more effective against Ronaldo.

Are you tweaking the tactic during the game or just leave it as it is?

To be honest it's very rare that the tactic needs much tweaking during games, the one that i do every now and again if i'm winning 1-0 and under a bit of pressure is i move my two CM's to the two DMC positons to act as a shield of protection in front of my back 4. That's about the only major changes i make during games.

Oh, plus when i'm playing Chelsea i move Ronaldo from AMR to AML and the ML to MR as i find C-Ashley cole often gets the better of Ronaldo in the game so moving him to the other side makes him more effective against Ronaldo.

worked brilliantly for me in my second season with Luton in League 2

i won the league easily

not working so well now i am promoted to league 1 though

i have improved my offence lots but not my defence much so that is probably the problem

i changed ML to AML and gave the AML the same instructions as the AMR

that worked quite well

worked brilliantly for me in my second season with Luton in League 2

i won the league easily

not working so well now i am promoted to league 1 though

i have improved my offence lots but not my defence much so that is probably the problem

i changed ML to AML and gave the AML the same instructions as the AMR

that worked quite well

If you have two decent DMC's then you should move your MC's to DMC and make sure both their Forward Runs are set to rarely! This works really well in the lower leagues. Turns the tactic into more or less 4-2-4. Very attacking yet strong defensively

If you have two decent DMC's then you should move your MC's to DMC and make sure both their Forward Runs are set to rarely! This works really well in the lower leagues. Turns the tactic into more or less 4-2-4. Very attacking yet strong defensively

unfortunately i have sold both my good DMCs in fact the only two players i still use from my original squad are George Pilkington and Edward Asafu-Adjaye both as DCs

i have discovered what i am going to use when i need to be a bit more defensive

i brought the AMR back to MR in the original tactic and gave it the ML's instructions

i the match i was playing over and over so i could experiment with tactics i won 5-2 rather than losing 2-0 which every other tactic i tried did

it might be worth you creating more defensive versions of this tactic for hard matches with lower teams

you have done brilliantly so far but the tactic was a little too offensive unless you have a good defence which doesn't concede goals like mine does

I've just finished my first season on the new patch, making a couple of tweaks to the tactic.

I ended the season with a whopping 116goals between 3 players (Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov).

Ronaldo ended with 43 goals in 53 games.

Rooney got 43 in 57 games,

and Berbatov ended up with a decent return of 30 goals in 50 games!

I'm seriously delighted with this return from my forwards!!!!!!

I've just finished my first season on the new patch, making a couple of tweaks to the tactic.

I ended the season with a whopping 116goals between 3 players (Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov).

And how many goals by others? Looks promising.. Can you upload the tweaked tactic please..

what are the tweaks mate?

People should list the players they had in the AMR position that performed well, because unless your Man Utd or Barcelona, Messi and Ronaldo are the worlds stand out right wingers and prizing them away from their clubs isn't likley?

Eagerly awaiting the tweaked version, hopefully fire my Leeds side in to the prem at the first time of asking.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting the tweaked version of my tactic. Been a bit of a busy weekend. Anyway lets get straight into it.....

I'm uploading 3 differnet variations of the tactic(all based around the real life current team of Man Utd and the players they have at their disposal). The main tweaks in this tactic is the central midfield partnerships and also a couple of other subtle little changes to various other players instructions, but it's the same lay-out of a formation based around a 442 the lines up as such:

Gk

DR

DL

DC

DC

AMR

ML

MC

MC

ST

ST

The various basic attributes of the tactic remain the same but what the main changes i made were that i felt the tactic wasn't 1) getting enough goals out of Ronaldo and 2) i wasn't maximising the talent available to me in central midfield.

In my games Carrick is my number one midfielder and as such he is included in every tactic as the right sided MC as when fit he plays. The variations i use are as follows:

Carrick+Anderson

Carrick+Scholes

Carrick+Hargreaves

I think its fair to say Anderson is used in my games where i want alot of energy, creativity and an all round all action display, Scholes is used in games where i want to control the ball for the majority of the game and where i'll have alot of possesion and Hargreaves is used in games where i want alot more protection of my defense and a bit of bite in the centre of the park.

You guys can alter the tactics whatever way you's want if you's want you partnerships to be, for example PS+OH it'll be fairly easy for you's to do once the tactics are downloaded.

For OI:

As before, i always do the following for each individual player:

Show onto weaker foot always,

Closing down always,

and

Hard tackling always.

Positions the are built around certain players (and player types)

DC(right side)-Rio ferdinand

DC(left side)- Vidic___________________(the DC positions only really matter on small details like set piece setting but these are what can win you games, plus i play Rafael right full and he's lack of positioning means that Rio's pace to cover him quickly is a good idea)

MC(right side)- Carrick-he's my number one midfielder and heartbeat of my team.

AMR- Ronaldo- Enough said there.....

FC(right side)-Rooney- gets me a hell of alot of goals playing in this position and the individual instructions are matched up to be take advantage of his strong attributes.

FC(left side)- I prefer to play Berbatov here as i feel he's a much better/more effective partner for Rooney and gets more than his fair share of goals too.

The 3 forward positions(AMR+FC's) i have mentioned above are the postions i played these players in and i was reward with these results in terms of goals return:

Anyway enough talking about the tactics here are the links for them:

Carrick+Anderson: http://files.filefront.com/Near+Perfection+903+MCA8tac/;13400246;/fileinfo.html

Carrick+Hargreaves: http://files.filefront.com/Near+Perfection+903+MCO8tac/;13400255;/fileinfo.html

Carrick+Scholes: http://files.filefront.com/Near+Perfection+903+MCP8tac/;13400265;/fileinfo.html

Would also love to get peoples feedback on them, so let me know how you get on!!!!

Hi simon,

been eagerly waiting for these tactics as i love the idea of getting my strikers finally scoring a good rate of goals. I have also just finished my 1st season the new patch but i dont really play carrick (personal reasons i just dont think he is as good as people make him out to be). i have just funnily enough sold him to chelsea for £22.5m. i replaced him with hamsik for £12.5m and i also have veloso who i bought at the start of the game.

interested to see if you feel this partnership would compliment the tactic used for carrick and anderson. for me veloso is better defensively and also has attributes as good if not better than carrick for passing and creativity and hamsik is similar to anderson. I still have anderson and hargreaves in my squad as well as a good regen player and i rotate my midfield pairings a lot through the season to keep it fresh and all of them fit.

thanks

Hi simon,

been eagerly waiting for these tactics as i love the idea of getting my strikers finally scoring a good rate of goals. I have also just finished my 1st season the new patch but i dont really play carrick (personal reasons i just dont think he is as good as people make him out to be). i have just funnily enough sold him to chelsea for £22.5m. i replaced him with hamsik for £12.5m and i also have veloso who i bought at the start of the game.

interested to see if you feel this partnership would compliment the tactic used for carrick and anderson. for me veloso is better defensively and also has attributes as good if not better than carrick for passing and creativity and hamsik is similar to anderson. I still have anderson and hargreaves in my squad as well as a good regen player and i rotate my midfield pairings a lot through the season to keep it fresh and all of them fit.

thanks

To be honest I'd be playing veloso and hamsik in the carrick and Hargreaves partnership. I'd use Veloso in the role for all of the tactics above in the carrick role, and I also feel you should give Anderson slot of playing time. He's turned into my midfield general and looks to be the closest thing to a Roy Keane type player I could get, that's how highly I rate him in my game

i also love anderson but i find him a little inconsistent at present but he is young and still learning the game. part of the reasons that i rotate the middle so much is to give them time to settle in and develop at a steady rate.

I thought veloso would be a good replacement for carrick and added an extra £10m to the bank balance with the sale of carrick to chelsea.

i will give these a try tonight and let you know how i get on. I will also recreate the tactic with a left sided AM as i did this with your last tactics for games against chelsea and arsenal as it put ronaldo up against the weaker of their full backs. also came in uselful for a little change in between matches if chasing a goal i found.

thanks for the quick response.

Archived