FM2009: Official Oxford United Thread

dexta200

Oufc_badge_2006.gif

WELCOME TO THE 2009 OXFORD THREAD

Oxford United Football Club a.k.a. The U's and Yellows

Brief History

Formed as Headington in 1893 playing at Wotten's Field. In 1960 they were renamed Oxford United in order to give the club a higher profile. Then in 1962 Oxford won the Southern League title for the second successive season and was elected to the Fourth Divison. In 1965 they achieved promotion to the Third Division then promoted to the Second Division in 1967. Good few years for the boys!

Oxford have good times in the 1985-86 season avoiding relegation from the First Division on the last day of the season and won the "Milk Cup" 3-0 against QPR at Wembley -The last time the League Cup was played at the Milk Cup

This would have taken them to the UEFA, but because of the Heysel Stadium disaster English teams had been banned from the competition.

In 2001 Oxford moved to the Kassam Stadium but after the honeymoon period Oxford started struggling and now find themselves hoping for Promotion in the Blue Square Premier.

Club Information

Founded: 1893

Chairman: Kelvin Thomas

Stadium: The Kassam Stadium - 12243 Capacity

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Adequate

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: 950k

Rivals: Swindon, Reading, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Rushdon, Luton.

Current Squad

GK: Billy Turley

DR: Matt Day, James Clarke

DL: Chris Carruthers

DC: Chris Willmott, Luke Foster, Barry Quinn

MC: Phil Trainer, Paul Evans, Eddie Hutchinson, Joe Burnell

MR: Adam Murray

ML: Lewis Haldane (Loan)

FC: Yemi Odubade, Matt Taylor, Jamie Guy (Loan), James Constable (Loan)

Finances

Whichever you select, Title Challenge, Promotion or Winner, you get nothing to spend and wages are already in the minuses.

So this looks alot more challenging! but I and I hope many more of you will be joining in the fun! and we can make this as successful as last year!

Squad is rather similar to last season tbh there were no major players anyways so no one lost but squad seems alot thinner. No stars but hopefully with a feeder should be able to do it. I'm not starting out yet but will when full game is out. but I had a request to start up the thread. So good luck guys lets bring the glory days of FM08 to 2009!

Some Help for everyone!

This is a list Started by Craig R.U.F.C. and will be added to whenever anyone makes a contribution. this is just for the first season some might be good enough for a few seasons to come but its just a starter to help us all :)

GK - Jimmy Paredes,

DR - James Smith, Dale tonge, Magnus Svensson, Paul Telfer, Andy Smith

DC - Marvin Andrews, Miguel Rebosio

DL - John Howell, Ludovic Mary, Silvio

MR - Mustapha Hadji, Gary Hart

MC - Boubacar Balde, Gareth Edds, SEYFO SOLEY!! Ian Westlake (Wages Very High)

ML - Charles Devineau

ST - Aime Koudou, Marvin McDonald, Alex Fernandez, Brett Ormerod!

Loans!

GK - Marek Stech, Frank Fielding, Jonathan North

DR - Dale Tonge

DL - Charlie Daniels

DC - Jean-Francois Christophe

MC - Jack Collison, Sam Hewson, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

MR - Andy Barcham

ML - Danny Rose, Gael Kakuta

FC - Bartosz Slusarski, Terry Gornell, Charles Dickson, Fred Sears, Dean Bowditch, Stuart Fleetwood, Theo Robinson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alot pal! Yehh does look alot harder this time round but all depends on how much transfer revenue is made available as last time it was about 30 percent, maybe if its higher most of the squad can be sold, then theres the search for new oxford legends :D Is ganea expensive this time round, ive already got a few players in the lower league legends thread that could be useful but well see. Ill start the demo up tomorrow and see what players i can get on frees etc. again thanks for doing the thread, will be good to have you on here when the game comes out

Right i started an oxford game last night just to get a starting point as to what needs to be done with the squad

It looks really difficult to be honest, wheras last year it was possible to completely restructure the squad, this year looks like well have to make do with what weve got in some areas, this is isnt helped by the fact that the greedy chairman is only alowing 10 percent of transfer revenue being available !

My advice would be the raise 4k from selling a couple of players and bring in Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo, this guy is in the venezuelan national team, 17 years old and will cost you 4k exactly, he looks immense and alot of potential, hell join you and get a workpermit so youll have your first player in which could either :

. make you profit ina couple of seasons

. Hang onto him and keep him for his pace which could be invaluable

Obviously its the demo so were not able to load up all nationalities, this makes finding 2k-5k and free bargains alot harder on the demo so hopefully when the full game comes out well be able to find a new set of bargains that can be brought in :D The legend esmir sabic will also not join, hes moved on now, although still free hes become arrogant and greedy lol

Another major problem when loading up was that billy turley, the main goalkeeper is injured and you will be better off bringing in a loan in this position, hopefully with a good feeder club this will easily be possible, fingers crossed some of us will get arsenal!

Some of last year's oxford legends have moved on or prices have been greatly increased, therefore it will be alot harder to get them. The likes of:

. Sabrin Sburlea

. Erik Grendel

. Mazzola looks like hes cemented his place at independiente and only available for 100k plus

. Scribe i think is also alot more expensive

This year will eb very interesting finding some new players, countries ill be loading when the full release comes out are:

Argentina, Brazil, France, Venezuela, Bolivia ( Looks like work permits are alot easier to get this year from what ive been experimenting), Norway and Sweden.

Has anyone else found some bargains for oxford on the demo?

Obviously its the demo so were not able to load up all nationalities, this makes finding 2k-5k and free bargains alot harder on the demo so hopefully when the full game comes out well be able to find a new set of bargains that can be brought in :D The legend esmir sabic will also not join, hes moved on now, although still free hes become arrogant and greedy lol

This year will eb very interesting finding some new players, countries ill be loading when the full release comes out are:

Argentina, Brazil, France, Venezuela, Bolivia ( Looks like work permits are alot easier to get this year from what ive been experimenting), Norway and Sweden.

I agree entirely with that. The other restriction is that the new transfer system prevents the quick buying and selling on of players for a profit. For example, buy Luciano Mazzina for £7k and sell on for £250k through constantly offering and rasing the value. It's much more realistic now so it really is a question of a couple of bargains - like Senor Galuppo - and some free transfers to raise the quality of the spine of the team. So, lower leagues will be much more challenging and I'm waiting for the full database of Latin Americans before attempting it!

Nicko, i agree mate, it will be alot harder in terms of buying and selling on, i would strongly advise you to play with oxford on the full game though ;) It really is alot of fun taking them up the leagues! Because of their fairly strong finances id expect the second season to be similar to that on 08, a healthy transfer budget , this is unless the chairman has become a complete tight ass, well see in time

I do think Galuppo will be a big hit this year though, looks like he could tear the blue square premier!

well one month into the game and the estimated value of the club has increased bu 200k! So yehh hopefully were in store for another money rewarding game but i must say the first season appears to be very difficult, but 3 month loans appear to be useful so far, ill post a full analysis soon of what needs to be done

yehh nice one dexta ;) yehh it its very limited on the demo not being able to load nationalities, especially looking for defence but ive managed to cope with three month loans so far, salomonsson better be available on the game!

yehh nice one dexta ;) yehh it its very limited on the demo not being able to load nationalities, especially looking for defence but ive managed to cope with three month loans so far, salomonsson better be available on the game!

One thing that you might want to try? Check out the contract status of U18 players in the Swedish/Austrian/Norwegian squads, etc. Some of these players are amateurs and may come to Oxford? For example, look at Faud Hyseni, Mattis Nerheim.

Thanks purefun. same to you with your Lyon thread.

yeah Nicko. like Salomonsson he doesn't have a contract on 08. not sure about 09 i think hes moved clubs though.

will look at though 2 players soon. cheers mate. i'm going to make a shortlist of good players who will come and then put it in the opening post once we get a fair list.

Well Dexta.. you can count on me joining this once again. Going to do some scouting when i get the full version, Atm i aint got the demo as i deleted but what the heck i am still going to join this.

With the sounds of it the money coming in will be similar. Attendances should be around the same too seen as i looked on the O/S of oxford and seen that they are getting around 4k a game which is around the same on 08 so that's all good. And making a list of the good players to buy and that will help alot of us and make this fun.. But still going to scout around for my own talent than use other peoples resources.

Can't wait!!

Good lad Craig! yeah looks as though should be rolling in it by league one! hopefully! and a few good cup runs like last year build that up! does look alot harder though but once everyone gets scouting and finds the gems then it will make it a bit easier.

Oh i completely forgot to look. just loading up the demo to see. im back on 08 for now cant get into the Demo as its not the full game and needs to be patched. also got an amazing squad with Palermo so want to carry it on a bit! don't think it will be too high.

yehh same here lads, at the moment im just finding players for the lower league legends thread but thats not really suited for blue quare premier lol but definetely i think some of thos players will be available after the inevitable first season promotion ;) dexta can you remember the blue square record last year, i think it was you or matt ( where the hell has that legend gone!) 123 points i think

Had great fun last year with Oxford and have started with them again in the demo. Got rid of all the loanees to make extra wages available and signed Dickson and Fleetwood for nothing upfront and also Nerheim who is pretty decent. Got the Wolves goalie Ikeme for nothing upfront too who is doing well for me at the moment apart from that got pretty much the same squad though i have managed to get Fabio on a season loan from manure.

nice trucasual is fabio doing well for you? are you playing him left back or left mid? did you get a a\parent club?

I'm playing Fabio left mid in an attacking 4.4.2, he's done pretty well but tends to tire after about 70 odd minutes so rarely plays a full game. No, not got a parent club, never really used that option in the past.

I think it'll be the hardest job in the world getting oxford anywhere if the debt was 4m.. But depends on how many months it been spread out.

Maybe it will be on the FM10? But can't see it being that much..

Can't wait for tomorrow now.. Going to installing gamein the morning and maybe created a game before i set off to college.

dexta glad to see you've got the thread going. been waiting all day to get on these bloody forums to have a look at the thread and give it a start. hopefully i get the same success and enjoyment as last year:)

might have to start this a few times over baring in mind i didn't have the demo.

looking forward to it and will keep everyone updated

anyone started yet?

yeah im going to give oxford a few tries but need to find a good tactic first trying alsorts with chelsea but most goals i've scored is 3 in a match which tbh im not happy with! and lost a few games which were rubbish like fulham. but it will take time.

alritee dextaa, afterr a few hours ive finally got my fm up and running! So i think im going to start my oxford game today, tactic wise im pretty stuck tbh but inevitably this is always solved by someone else :D Im going to load all players from france, spain, argentina, brazil, bolivia and sweden so i can find some bargains. Salomonsson looks amazing btw but is valued at 200k! Devineau and Mary are still available on frees atleast, you gonna start a game then mate?

brizz depends what nations youve loaded, from last year the players i noticed you can still get are ludovic mary, charles devineau and boubecer balde, all from france off course. I dont think sabic will come this time round but try offering sefyo soley a trial to get him for less wages but he will eventually be interested, just keep looking for players and eventually well be spoilt for choice!

i've loaded all players from bolivia, france,brazil,argentina not sure if i loaded anymore. i've already brung in a few bolivians and ludovic mary, balde,devinau aswell as stuart fleetwood who is fantastic. i couldn't get soley to join but i'll try again and sabic rejected me aswell

Archived