Mikel San Jose

Do you like the OP?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the OP?

• Yes - Very informative and a good example for the rest of the forum
    • No - I, polskaGOLA should try harder next time

Mikel San Jose

normal.jpg

Mikel San José Dominguez (born 30 May 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who currently plays for Athletic Bilbao. He plays mainly as a central defender, but is also regarded as a useful utility player.

Born in Pamplona, Navarre, San José progressed through the youth teams at Athletic Bilbao, in the neighbouring Basque Country, playing for the Juvenil B team, and moving to the A's in the 2006–07 season, where he made 27 appearances, scoring five goals.

Aged just 18, he signed a three-year contract with Liverpool, in August 2007, and subsequently played regularly for the reserves, in 2007–08 and 2008–09.

In August 2009, San José returned to Bilbao on a season-long loan, to gain more first team experience. He was named in the first team squad and awarded the number 12 shirt, making his debut on 17 September 2009, in the club's 3–0 home win for the 2009–10 UEFA Europa League group stage, against FK Austria Wien. It was reported in November 2009 that he was frustrated by the lack of first-team opportunities at Bilbao, and that if this did not improve he would look to shorten the loan agreement and move either back to Liverpool or on loan to another club in January 2010. In the 8th, he finally made his league debut, playing the last minute of the 2–0 win at Racing de Santander. He eventually finished the season with 30 overall appearances, scoring three times.

On 19 May 2010, San José was signed permanently by Athletic, for five years.

/Wiki info.

A product of Athletic Club Bilbao's legendary youth system, Mikel was scouted and bought by Liverpool in 2007. He continued to develope at Liverpool, and played frequently for the reserve team. In August 2009, San Jose was sent on loan back to his native club of Athletic Club for the 2009-10 season. He played 30 times this season and impressed the staff at Athletic, who signed him permanently on 19th of May 2010 for the agreed price of 2M euros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've completed season 1 with Athletic Club, and was really impressed with the loanee Mikel San Jose from Liverpool, and how much he has improved and even overtaken Fernando Amorebieta as #1 Center Back at the club. Needless to say, at the end of the season I bought him without a thought for the agreed loan price of 3M euros. (which btw is wrong, I believe the agreed price is 2M, not 3M, as was the price IRL)

Performance wise? He has been pretty solid. Averaging a 7.23 after a season with around 24 appearences. (I rotate alot between 4.5 defenders. =P) Stat wise? He isn't that fast, but fast enough to catch up to an opponent (on my save atleast, where his Acceleration improved to 12). San Jose has decent stats in other non-defensive areas, so he can playing as a Ball-Playing defender. He is a Stopper role CB and is best paired with a Cover role CB.

For fellow Athletic Club Bilbao players, I bought Ansotegi and played him as a Cover CB paired with Amorebieta as a Stopper CB. (And rotated with San Jose and Ustaritz/Ocio against weaker opposition) At around January, San Jose had improved enough for me to play him with Amorebieta. (Amorebieta Cover CB / San Jose Stopper CB)

Now your probably waiting for the screenshots. =)

Here he is at the start of the game:

29mr3g8.png

And here he is after one season:

2hgvf2o.png

(As you see, he has even gotten some Spanish U-21 caps)

I used SFrasers training, and am extremely impressed with the improvement of San Jose. I highly suggest the training schedules to anyone. (Since I have a reputation for having a self-admitted FMRTE addiction in the past, I should add, that he is, like my game, 100% unedited.)

Potential wise, I've been told he is a

-8 , although looking at the way he has improved on my game, he won't need to have 165+ PA to start at some of the better clubs out there. I checked, and the second screenshot is him at 146 CA

1250599355318.jpg

Athletic Club Bilbao's real life latest signing

Unfortunately, since he is on loan, I believe only people who play as Athletic Club, with the proper training can get him to the same level as in my save. More likely than not, the AI will screw up his developement when he is available at the end of season 1.

Lets be honest, it is no M'Vila or Marcq thread.

It is a good player thread and if anything, it is way too busy (too much information) and layed out funny :( But the main thing is, effort is now being put into player threads :D well played!

--------

The player? Well, he looks alright. Half tidy CB for a lot of teams, which is probably over looked a lot as well, due to him being out on loan in the first season. :thup:

Lets be honest, it is no M'Vila or Marcq thread.

It is a good player thread and if anything, it is way too busy (too much information) and layed out funny :( But the main thing is, effort is now being put into player threads :D well played!

Well besides the probably pointless Wiki info, I think I put in alot of detail of my experiences with the player, and the position roles the player plays in, both of which is a rarity in this forum.

The player? Well, he looks alright. Half tidy CB for a lot of teams, which is probably over looked a lot as well, due to him being out on loan in the first season. :thup:

I am actually quite surprised at how average he looks at the start of the game. I remember that at the start of the game, I brought in Ansotegi because I didn't think San Jose would cut it.

I still have some bit of improvement left in him. I believe he can push out to get 17-18's on the important stats (Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Jumping) and 15-16's on the others (Concentration, Decisions, Composure, Anticipation).

So either way, he can become a very solid defender for some of the best sides if developed properly.

Question for you though, do you think I should tutor him and raise up his determination? It's still not too late, but he is the second best CB. (Amorebieta is the best, but he isn't a good tutor and IIRC you can't get players to tutor players better than them. Although I can get a midfielder to tutor him.) Also, how important is Determination to a CB?

Sorry. I do like the OP, fwiw.

And I know what you mean when you said potential isn't everything. Good starting attributes mean that someone with a lower PA can turn out to be great. For a comparison, Fazio has a PA of

...and look how good he turns out.

Good opening post. Like someone stated earlier there are better ones but I like the way you put the effort in to deliver a good OP!

Yet i would really change the layout, most people use small screens or smaller settings. Just put it outlined on the left. And try making it a bit less messy and more structured

Personally i would really leave out the CA and PA parts...

It seems like a good player and could function as a back up at the big teams. I don't like his workrate/teamwork as I want my defenders to have pretty high workrate/teamwork overall.

Good find though! :thup:

San Jose is a very good player overall, however, I have an amazing regen at CB in my Athletic save and I start Amorebieta before San Jose, so he often ends up on the bench for me. Still, if one of them gets hurt or I rotate them, San Jose is a more than competent replacement. I also retrained him at DM so he makes some sub appearances there, too.

Overall, not the best CB in the game, but is definitely useful and performs well. I recommend him.

Archived