Cameroon - The Indomitable Lions

djvandyke

cameroon_fan.jpg

30 Man Squad

Goalkeepers: Guy Roland N'Dy Assembe (Valenciennes), Idriss Carlos Kameni (Espanyol), Hamidou Souleymanou (Kayserispor), Patrick Tignyemb (Bloemfontein Celtic)

Defenders: Patrick Abouna (Astres Douala), Benoit Assou Ekotto (Tottenham Hotspur), Sebastien Bassong (Tottenham Hotspur), Gaetan Bong (Valenciennes), Aurelien Chedjou (Lille), Geremi (Ankaragucu), Boukar Makadji (Al Nahdha), Nicolas Nkoulou (Monaco), Rigobert Song (Trabzonspor)

Midfielders: Achille Emana (Real Betis), Enoh Eyong (Ajax Amsterdam), Jean Makoun (Olympique Lyon), Georges Mandjeck (Kaiserslautern), Joel Matip (Schalke 04), Patrick Mevoungou (Canon Yaounde), Marcel Ndjeng (Augsburg), Landry Nguemo (Celtic), Alexandre Song (Arsenal)

Forwards: Vincent Aboubakar (Coton Sport), Eric Choupo-Mating (Nuremburg), Paul Alo'o Efoulou (Nancy), Samuel Eto'o (Inter Milan), Mohamadou Idrissou (Freiburg), Dorge Kouemaha (Club Bruges), Achille Webo (Real Mallorca), Jacques Zoua (Basle)

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Eto'o might refuse to play for Cameroon after WC legend Milla said Eto'o is always playing substandard for the national team because of a lack of discipline. Does anyone know more about this?

I heard Eto'o might refuse to play for Cameroon after WC legend Milla said Eto'o is always playing substandard for the national team because of a lack of discipline. Does anyone know more about this?

yeah I read the story. Milla said Eto'o has no added value to the national team at all (which is bs of course).

I doubt Eto'o will drop out of the squad though.

What a sulky ****. "Oh, Milla said something mean" ... could never play for England, ffs, wouldn't last a day if he was worried about ex-players and press criticising

yeah, an international career since '96, one of the most successful club careers you can imagine... wouldn't last a day with the scary English press and ex-players.

Spanish and Italian press never criticizes anyone luckily.

What a sulky ****. "Oh, Milla said something mean" ... could never play for England, ffs, wouldn't last a day if he was worried about ex-players and press criticising

Milla's importance and opinion to Cameroon is on par if not higher than that of Maradona with Argentina. His criticism will be repeated by all the papers and the general populace the minute Eto'o flunks a chance at the World Cup.

That said Milla is very wrong in his statement that he does not bring value but is right about the fact that he does whatever he wants when he meets up with the national team.

His clique with Rigobert Song and Mboma were the ones who were partying in Ikeja the night before the Nations cup final in 2000 (which they won) and the issue is the Cameroon FA could not say a word to them.

What do people reckon is their most likely lineup? Haven't seen them play for ages, but how close am I with:

Kameni

N'Koulou R.Song Bassong Assou-E

A.Song

Makoun M'Bia

Emana

Eto'o Webo

But that's just looking at the squad, I'm probably way off haha.

What do people reckon is their most likely lineup? Haven't seen them play for ages, but how close am I with:

Kameni

N'Koulou R.Song Bassong Assou-E

A.Song

Makoun M'Bia

Emana

Eto'o Webo

But that's just looking at the squad, I'm probably way off haha.

Idrissou in for Webo, Geremi at right back, Mbia and N'Koulou or R.Song in central defence, probably.

They'll play one of three formations, either an awful 4-4-2 diamond (with random squad members on the wings and no Makoun), a 4-3-1-2 (with someone like Enoh in with Makoun and Song, which would be my preferred option even if a bit narrow) or most likely a lopsided 4-3-3, with the three strikers taking it in turns to pull wide.

I can't be bothered to repeat myself much, so if you want more information, read my posts in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=210737

Archived