Ivica Olic - The little Messi of Bayern Munich

vasilli07

I know he doesn't have the attributes of Messi but his headless chicken kinda of dribbling is a delight to watch. :D May miss alot of chances but have played well enough for me to choose him over Klose to partner Gomez at Bayern Munich. And not to mention, he has such high stamina and workrate that he can continue to terrorise defence when the opposition gets tired. :thup:

11ivicaolic.png

And his strike rate of 0.78 goal per 90 mins is even better than Klose and Gomez who has higher finishing and composure attributes than him.

fcbayernmnchens.png

the man is a freak

you 'd think because he has a 12 for dribbling he would lose the ball on a regular basis but no

i remember playing croatia as england in 09 and olic constantly skinned terry and ferdinand as if he really was messi

i hated that all the really fast players were great dribblers even though they technical stats sucked....

He is mental, and I absolutely love him on FM10.

He, imo, he is alot more effective than Gabby Agbongalahor!

This man runs around like he has Marathon Pro on or something :p

He is mental, and I absolutely love him on FM10.

He, imo, he is alot more effective than Gabby Agbongalahor!

This man runs around like he has Marathon Pro on or something :p

I was about to say the exact same ! Much more effective than Agbonlahor and great to watch in the ME :D He also won the European Golden Boot in one onf my saves :cool:

As long as he is performing well, who cares about attributes? A striker doesn't always need 20 for finishing and composure to perform well. His acceleration and pace will enable him to break free from defence every time a through ball is played. More chances equal more goals.

And with his high natural fitness, his physical attributes will last longer than most players.

Good points gents. But for me I try to build a team of mentally sound players and this guy just doesn't fit into that. Honestly decisions of 7 just means I couldn't do it. Teamwork of 5 is also incredibly poor and again doesn't fit into my team ethic. But thats just me and my style of management and squad building. I wasn't criticising just making my opinion heard and if that helps someone else great, if not, then not really bothered.

Asamoah Gyan is a similar option for the beginning of the game for a decent price. He just doesn't have the fitness that Olic has, but has some of the best technical stats for being as fast as he is.

Yes, Asamoah Gyan was a absolute legend in FM09 for me :D

You can talk about his stats on paper all you want

give him a chance....he really a bit of a monster

which is surprising because his technical stats are dreadful

but when he gets the ball and starts heading towards goal all of a

sudden he plays like he really is messi

Agree with that. Attributes are abit like your CA/PA, it doesn't mean you need a player to have a high CA/PA to perform. A player with lower CA/PA can perform better than 1 who is higher if you know how to manage him.

And if anyone wants pkms of how Olic performs for me, I would be glad to upload it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please give me a detailed explanation about physical stats. I.e walcott, gabby , olic. They have really high physical stats (mainly acceleration/pace) but everything else looks really bad yet they are rated very highly. Why is that? Due to the match engine? So it means anyone with high accel/pace is gonna be much better than they look? is there a thread on it already?

Cheers

Can someone please give me a detailed explanation about physical stats. I.e walcott, gabby , olic. They have really high physical stats (mainly acceleration/pace) but everything else looks really bad yet they are rated very highly. Why is that? Due to the match engine? So it means anyone with high accel/pace is gonna be much better than they look? is there a thread on it already?

Cheers

You basically summed it up. The way the ME plays is heavily weighted towards pace. Which explains why those players score more/assist more/get higher ratings than you'd expect from their technical/mental stats. There is bound to be a thread on it in GD. Maybe something in the tactics forum too.

haha, I just had a look at him and he's doing good for Bayern. 20 goals in 26 appearances.

94144231.png

He's got good Physical attributes, and looking at his Mental attributes he look's like a Warrior. :D

But at 70k a week i don't think i will ever try signing him. ;)

Archived