FM08: The Official Must Haves - At the start of a new game

depends what team you are. i would say yes for sunderland no for chelsea

Mihelic, Torje, Stancu, Sorin are not good enough for chelsea or man utd and clubs like them.

so not must haves.

i would say that Samba is a must buy just because of his price and ability and also Enyeama even if not playing them they are so cheap!

i would say the must haves would be...

Saivet, Sakho, Kroos. and then most of them would depend on their potential ability but with the 3 above they are -10's so always going to have great potential!

Torje, Mihelic, Stancu, Kalouda, Piatti, Jimenez, Buononette, Sorin will all sign for teams in League one well they will for Leeds so for that kind of team they are definate purchases.

anyways overall i think you should add a bit more information to your thread stating what type of team these players have the ability to play int he first team of and maybe prices etc.

• 1 month later...

i would say that Samba is a must buy just because of his price and ability and also Enyeama even if not playing them they are so cheap!

Only just started looking in this forum. At end of first season, I signed Enyeama as a replacement for my back-up Cudicini. Is Enyeama that good in the game?

Personally, apart from the super-talented youngsters which you need for the future, I don't think there is any such thing as a 'must have' player.

Who you need to sign depends on the team that you start with and certain 'luck of the draw' elements (such as those with variable PA's in your team and with things like injuries) and where the areas of need are. There are plenty of good players in every team that will provide the backbone, and with a few good signings, that team can become very competitive. Who those key signings are however will depend entirely on the team you are playing.

For example, at Arsenal, you need to sign a good CB pretty quick, and a goalkeeper. But at Liverpool, a new GK is unnecessary, so there is no 'must have' goalkeeping player for them. Instead, Liverpool probably need another striker...

premieship any team . van der vart , veloso , fernandez , defour ( absolute must )

mid table prem sakho, saivet, wijldum sankhere

low teams stancun kalouda piatti

you probably all know this by now i personally am sick of buying these when i start a new game and look elsewhere now

I presume Lil82 you mean Sakho is good for a mid table prem team from the start? Because once he is fully developed he is easily a top team player. Same applies for Sankhere they both become world class.

Also I wouldn't say there that good at the start for mid table! Would be abit of a risk :/

• 4 weeks later...

Van Der Vaart & Huntelaar. Also on 8.0.2, you can normally get Stewart Downing for around 7M which is good, although probably not good enough for a top team. And Ignashevich on a free transfer in the original version of the game.

have to say this is a brilliant thread get straight to the good players, some of them i would of never thought of of looked at before, congrates.

8.0.0 (original)

Pato - Hard buy, he'll be expensive (to good to refuse offer) better for the long term

Stancu - Briallant for most mid prem teams and below

Giovincio -Juventus left wing absolutly brilliant on par with ronaldo on man u save

• 4 weeks later...

well... im playing man u.. and here is a few best and cheap players that i often buy..

abubakari yakubu (wb,dm,dc,mc)-

cost around 2.8m..

absolutely a great player! although he's a bit short as a defender, might lost the air battle.. but he's a defender with great defending and passing! plus.. creativity 16+.. i always play him as a wb or dm.. and a backup for mc..

ugur yildrim (amr/c,st)

cost around 3.2m..

although he is not a pacey type of wing like ronaldo or nanni.. but absolutely a very danger guy and a playmaker with great crossing and passing skills.. he's a lot better then nanni!

sebastian grax (st)

cost around 2.3m

although he is not a worldclass type of player.. but absolutely a great backup for my team.. better then saha...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived