FM10: Ryan Shawcross

santy001

Just earned his first call up for England and had been contemplating making this thread for some time, and in light of his new CA and PA increase I think its finally warranted. He has a bit of a higher PA than Gary Cahill now, and after 12 - 18 months could be above Lescott and Upson. As far as I'm aware, Shawcross is the best English prospect at CB with a fixed PA, and his well rounded attributes reinforce that.

His starting, ingame stats are very impressive, great allround centreback at the age of 21 with the room to improve in the right set-up.

ryanshawcross.jpg

On patch 10.2 and before he could become a very good central defender, once I get a few seasons in I'll be able to put up a developed screenshot of him up so people can see him on that front as well. When it comes to availability, he can be purchased first season but pre 10.3 Stoke often demanded over 10m for him. It may well be worthwhile waiting to see what happens first season and if Stoke are relegated, if they are it has been possible to pick him up fairly cheap for 4 - 5m.

CA:

PA:

He has solid stats already and will probably become one of the better English centre backs on the game. If you can improve his mental stats a bit more then I'm sure he'll become a really good central defender :thup:

Any clues on avaliability and possible price?

Also heard his leg-breaking hidden attribute is;

You actually really highlighted this to find out what it was? You sick idiot!

The boost has definitely given him the attributes he deserves, as one of Englands promising CB's. :thup:

Also heard his leg-breaking hidden attribute is;

You actually really highlighted this to find out what it was? You sick idiot!

The boost has definitely given him the attributes he deserves, as one of Englands promising CB's. :thup:

Take a bow, son!

£10,000,000 seems a bit much for me, at the moment. I suppose over 48 months it would be a good deal but in my honest opinion I think £7-8M would be a much better deal. Still, I suppose he is worth a go and you never know, he might turn out really good.

I think I'll keep an eye on him in my Arsenal game. I was looking for a young English centre back and ended up with James Tomkins instead. I completely forgot about Shawcross, to be honest.

Cheers for the info.

At the start of the game, he's a key player and Stoke aren't in a position where they need to sell so it does tend to inflate prices quite a bit. The bank balance will usually have dwindled substantially by the latter parts of the season which can also help acquiring him cheaper.

Few people have said that he attracts a lot of interest in January, which can mean Stoke sell then so if you have an interest in signing him it does seem to be in the summer the time to move as a couple have said its £20m+ offers coming in during the January transfer window.

In the Stoke thread, I named a few decent replacements for Shawcross who would be quite likely to join Stoke Barneyrubs. Another poster had the same question, and got a 20m bid as well.

Does he have the PPM 'Dives into tackles' ?

I haven't had time to check yet..

No, does Fabregas have "Tackles from behind"? Or Gallas "Stamps on opponents" ;)

On a more serious note, getting him to dive into tackles can help him improve his defensive prowess and by November several of his stats have already gone up a bit in good areas for a defender by the end of next season I think it will be an ideal time to put up another screenshot of his development.

No, does Fabregas have "Tackles from behind"? Or Gallas "Stamps on opponents" ;)

On a more serious note, getting him to dive into tackles can help him improve his defensive prowess and by November several of his stats have already gone up a bit in good areas for a defender by the end of next season I think it will be an ideal time to put up another screenshot of his development.

I don't think those are real PPM's ;).

He's a good player, though.. I don't hold anything against him :).

I agree, the tackle was an accident... IF you saw the match you can notice that they were both going to kick the ball and Ramsey was really unlucky and hit it first...

yeah. he has previous. He tackled Adebyor last season from behind when he was off the pitch. Class act.

Van Persie going in elbow first at Sorensen's face was much better wasn't it? As was Fabregas studs up challenge on the shins of Dean Whitehead during the most recent fixture between the two sides? We can all play the victim, but out of the last 3 games at Stokes ground, the only team that persistently made dirty tackles came from London.

I have no qualms with people discussing it, but first of all you need to remove the blinkers when it comes to the Stoke - Arsenal fixtures especially at the Brit Arsenal have on the whole, been just as "dirty" if not worse and if Wenger were to get his way with lengthier bans, Cesc Fabregas would be looking at twice the length of Shawcross out on account of 2 tackles which were much more dangerous. Second of all, you should also have some reference to the topic at hand being Ryan Shawcross on FM10. In news of which, as I've crept towards January on my save, Man Utd have made a few enquiries and offers up to £15m so far, which coincides with what a lot of others have told me. The other team to show an interest was Athletico Madrid; one problem in this save for me so far has been the reluctance of Shawcross to pick up some PPM's as they would be beneficial to his game so it might be a bit of a limiting factor in some regards.

The more often people say "he's not that kind of player!", the more people will pore over the evidence suggesting that, yes, he is that kind of player. He broke Francis Jeffers's ankle in 2007; he injured Emmanuel Adebayor in the Stoke-Arsenal fixture last season, even though Adebayor and the ball were off the pitch at the time.

I just find the overwhelming desire of people in the game to assert his goodness to be a little infantile. What are we in, the playground? He broke a man's leg. It doesn't actually matter if he meant to or not. Stop telling us what a lovely guy he is.

i managed to get shawcross on a sneaky freebie for blackburn when stoke got relegated. it was season 2011/12 i think, and he was listed to reduce the wage bill so i bid £0 and luckily got him. he's been very solid for me, im now just starting seaon 2014/15 and hes only had 1 england cap but the big teams are looking at him all the time

Nice little steal there AW, will probably have been because in a struggling Stoke team he wouldn't have been able to impress as much.

Again as for Shawcross, he's certainly no worse than any of the Arsenal bunch, most Arsenal fans haven't seen the Jeffers tackle, and most seem to forget the horrendous tackle Adebayor put in on Shawcross earlier in the match. You could also argue its infantile to bleat on about things like the Adebayor challenge, when Adebayor put one in just as bad earlier in the match, and then when you have players like Van Persie challenging a keeper elbow first after hes picked up the ball... well thats indefensible yet Wenger didn't think it was a red card last season.

arsenal should buy him in real life

A defender like Shawcross alongside Vermaelen and they would be benefitted enormously. He's certainly better at the moment than Gallas, Campbell and Silvestre.

damn right, shawcross is a typical english CB, top lad no doubt. yes he has made some bad challenges but who hasn't?

As mentioned above, if fabregas or Gallas had caused serious injuries with their tackles what would have been made out it?! What about the Viera/adams years? Im pretty sure arsenal amassed many cards in those years...

Im sick of the bloody arsenal prawn sandwich brigade thinking they should be untouchable on the pitch. Yes you play beautiful football, but seriously wake up! theres many styles of football, thats what makes it the best sport on earth! yeah it may not be pretty but accept teams play different ways, your not exempt from any rules and you shouldnt be.

going back to topic, Man united signed him in my game, now an england regular 3 seasons in :)

damn right, shawcross is a typical english CB, top lad no doubt. yes he has made some bad challenges but who hasn't?

As mentioned above, if fabregas or Gallas had caused serious injuries with their tackles what would have been made out it?! What about the Viera/adams years? Im pretty sure arsenal amassed many cards in those years...

Im sick of the bloody arsenal prawn sandwich brigade thinking they should be untouchable on the pitch. Yes you play beautiful football, but seriously wake up! theres many styles of football, thats what makes it the best sport on earth! yeah it may not be pretty but accept teams play different ways, your not exempt from any rules and you shouldnt be.

going back to topic, Man united signed him in my game, now an england regular 3 seasons in :)

He's definately a good player IRL and on FM and I completely agree with you mate, but I think the one thing people forget is that it's a contact sport, yes Shawcross broke Ramsey's ankle but it should be classed as unlucky on Ramsey's part, if it happened again chances are both would have walked away from it.

• 1 month later...

On my most recent Stoke save Shawcross has been impeccable for me, he's an England regular, and I'm regularly turning down £25 - £30m bids for him from the biggest teams. If you can get him for around £10m he really is a must-buy for any top-flight side pretty much I reckon, hes so well balanced for a defender its great.

Signed for United on my Arsenal save on 10.3!

Doesn't have an England place though, due to my Addison being at the heart of the defence ;)

I have Addison & Shawcross as my CB pairing, Shawcross was injured last season and Addison only came back for the second time (chairman previously sold him to WHU so it took me a couple years to get him back) and my side have gone from 14th to currently 3rd in the table due to the fact my team are no longer leaking goals.

But when I had the old pairing of Danny Collins who only has 9 or 10 pace in his prime, Kahka Kaladze who was down to 7 pace, and Danny Higginbotham backing them up it was no surprise I couldn't keep teams out last season lol.

Archived