Young players weight and height increase

I'd been wondering about this as well but haven't seen any examples of it in my game. I have been watching a CB for two years now but he's a bit shorter (5'10") than I like my centerbacks to be. I have a 6' limit.

I had a player grow and inch from the age of 14 (I bought him, but he never came until 18 cause he was a brazilian regen).

From the age of 14 to 18 (when he finally arrived) he had grown an inch. But the only reason I signed him at 14 was because he was 6ft 4 :D and had some perfect attributes for target man!

I hope my young players dont gain any weight! I looked at my youth team earlier and there is only 1 player in it less than 10st and a couple between 10 and 11 st but the majority of my 15-17 year old youth players weigh 13-15 stone. If they start gaining weight as they get older I dont think they have much of a future in proffesional football!

I had a player grow and inch from the age of 14 (I bought him, but he never came until 18 cause he was a brazilian regen).

From the age of 14 to 18 (when he finally arrived) he had grown an inch. But the only reason I signed him at 14 was because he was 6ft 4 :D and had some perfect attributes for target man!

Sounds like me when I was 14, except I’m Australian, and am a failure at kicking a ball. :p

heaight has no bearing on the match engine though

You know this for certain? Because if thats true then there's a big flaw in the game engine imho. Height and weight is very important in IRL-football, and it should be like that in FM too. I've always looked at the height of the player before buying him, especially in height-needed positions such as GK and DC.

You know this for certain? Because if thats true then there's a big flaw in the game engine imho. Height and weight is very important in IRL-football, and it should be like that in FM too. I've always looked at the height of the player before buying him, especially in height-needed positions such as GK and DC.

It has a little bit of influence, it will determine if a player will jump to get to a ball or not. Jumping is what you want to look at as well, since it will tell you how high a player's head will get.

A 6ft player with 10 for jumping will not come as high as a 5ft with 15 jumping.

It has a little bit of influence, it will determine if a player will jump to get to a ball or not. Jumping is what you want to look at as well, since it will tell you how high a player's head will get.

A 6ft player with 10 for jumping will not come as high as a 5ft with 15 jumping.

Exactly - that's how I thought the engine worked.

Also the Strength stat is important when trying to win a header - being a good header isn't enough if you're brushed aside by another player. :)

Exactly - that's how I thought the engine worked.

Also the Strength stat is important when trying to win a header - being a good header isn't enough if you're brushed aside by another player. :)

True, this example was of course all other things being equal :)

Actually as far as I know you are wrong here. the 5ft player with 15 jumping will beat the 6ft player with 10 jumping every time.....however its highly unlikely a 5ft player will ever have 15 jumping.

The jumping attribute should actually be explained better in the game. What it tells you is how high a player will reach so its actually their ability to jump plus their height all rolled in to one attribute and the height given in the game is purely cosmetic with regards to the ME but will influence whether a player has a high jumping attribute or not

Actually as far as I know you are wrong here. the 5ft player with 15 jumping will beat the 6ft player with 10 jumping every time.....however its highly unlikely a 5ft player will ever have 15 jumping.

The jumping attribute should actually be explained better in the game. What it tells you is how high a player will reach so its actually their ability to jump plus their height all rolled in to one attribute and the height given in the game is purely cosmetic with regards to the ME but will influence whether a player has a high jumping attribute or not

How do you know this? :)

That's what I said: the guy with 10 for jumping will not get as high as the guy with 15 for jumping. You're correct in saying that a 5ft player is unlikely to have 15 for jumping (but it happens sometimes).

And I'd like to add again that height is not purely cosmetic, but will determine whether or not a player will have to jump to get to the ball. I admit that's not a big part it plays, but still.

And JorgenD: there have been a few threads on it lately. I'll see if I can find one for you.

Edit: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183840

its covered in the jumping attribute.

That's what I said: the guy with 10 for jumping will not get as high as the guy with 15 for jumping. You're correct in saying that a 5ft player is unlikely to have 15 for jumping (but it happens sometimes).

And I'd like to add again that height is not purely cosmetic, but will determine whether or not a player will have to jump to get to the ball. I admit that's not a big part it plays, but still.

And JorgenD: there have been a few threads on it lately. I'll see if I can find one for you.

Edit: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183840

Apologies Tomer i completely misread your post. For some reason I thought you had said that the two players would end up being roughly equal, and having read the post again I can't understand how I even read it that way. Anyway no harm done

Apologies Tomer i completely misread your post. For some reason I thought you had said that the two players would end up being roughly equal, and having read the post again I can't understand how I even read it that way. Anyway no harm done

No worries mate :)

Archived