Height irrelevant?

Height is the deciding factor for when a player will treat a ball as aerial or not, and hence jump for it or not.

Put another way - a 6' 4" player won't jump for a ball 6' off the ground (so jumping doesn't come into play), whilst a 5' 8" player will (and he'll need his jumping attribute).

Height is the deciding factor for when a player will treat a ball as aerial or not, and hence jump for it or not.

Put another way - a 6' 4" player won't jump for a ball 6' off the ground (so jumping doesn't come into play), whilst a 5' 8" player will (and he'll need his jumping attribute).

Ahhhhhh

I was thinking that jumping attribute is all that mattered :o

Where has this been said? AFAIK height plays no (direct) part in the ME calculations.

Where has this been said?

As I said, if you search you'll find it.

AFAIK height plays no (direct) part in the ME calculations.

No problem.

Height has been a valid value since FM09, so yes it does influence actions within the game.

before FM09 height was a factor within Jumping and made little/no difference.

Exactly what Paul/Ov Collyer said :thup:

But iirc as such it's just cosmetic, i.e. it's used for the graphical representation of the player jumping or not, but it doesn't give players any advantage in getting the ball on a header. Right?

Aston, I dug it out mate - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2330584&postcount=24

And a far better explanation from Michael Murray than the one I gave :o -

The height of the ball determines how important height is to winning a header - if the ball is at your players height so he can head the ball without jumping, then his jumping attribute wont apply, in this case if you have two players identical apart from height the taller player who doesn't need to jump would more often than not win the header (assuming that the smaller player doesn't jump higher than the tall players height).

If the ball is higher up in the air so that both players need to jump, then jumping is more important than height - jumping is how high their head reaches, not how far off the ground their feet are. Height here will still have some affect just less of an effect - assuming the players are equal bar height and reach the same height comfortably for the ball, the taller guy has a slight advantage that with a small jump they are more likely to be more stable on landing - so the small guy who can leap may win the header, but if he lands in a heap the tall guy will more than likely retrieve the ball.

Archived