FM10: Alan Dzagoev

Matt123456

Alan Dzagoev

AlanDzagoev.png

Alan Dzagoev is a fantastically talented Russian footballer who currently plies his trade for CSKA Moscow in Russia. At the tender age of 18 he already has 3 caps for Russia and is a first team regular for CSKA. In his first start he scored a goal and pulled the strings with two assists. At the end of 2008 he won the Russian Young Player of the Year award for a string of great performances and was called up to the international squad, stopped only by bar from scoring a debut goal. He was described by Guus Hiddink as a, "really clever player with the ability to make a killer pass and stretch the play." He has the ability to become the best attacking midfielder in the game, starting with great stats, especially in flair, determination and creativity. At the start he can probably play for a low/mid level premiership team or even fit in as a squad player for Chelsea, Manchester United etc. If his physical side is developed there is no doubt that he will be a world-class attacking midfielder.

10AlanDzagoev.png

16AlanDzagoev.png

Please note that he is AI developed here and with the right training/tutoring he could be a lot better.

Absolutely love this guy on FM09, AND on FM10, he is just as good.

Get this guy sitting behind your front men and see him score for fun and rack up the assists!

Good thread as well :thup:

Absolutely love this guy on FM09, AND on FM10, he is just as good.

Get this guy sitting behind your front men and see him score for fun and rack up the assists!

Good thread as well :thup:

Thanks :D. And I agree with you. Never had him in my team, but played against him in the Champions League. In 2 games he scored 3 - all of Athletico Madrid's goals (his current team in my save.) Completely irrepressible with an uncanny ability to find the top corner from 25-30 yards!!

Just love the fact he is a bit cheaper this year as well :rolleyes: Hated forking out £15m last year for him!

I take it Athletico become the giants on your save? To have someone like him :)

Just love the fact he is a bit cheaper this year as well :rolleyes: Hated forking out £15m last year for him!

I take it Athletico become the giants on your save? To have someone like him :)

Somehow they didn't. Managed to buy Hazard, Dzagoev and Lukaku and ruin two of them. :mad: Disappointed I didn't get there first.

I've retrained him to attacking left midfield as I have Coutinho down the middle. Dzagoev is so good, not only is he world class quality, he has the determination and work rate as well. He has the mentality of a winner which is why I love him. Couldn't get him cheaper than 24.5 million mind, but I still think that's a bargain, his description is as a world class midfielder now too!

The shrinking must be because the before screenshot is from 10.2, and the after screenshot is from a save started at 10.0. As for his abilities, he has a PA of

and a CA of

in the screenshot which is quite close to his maximum. He is always a good bet because of his high determination and good hidden stats which are great for attribute growth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What do people set him to advanced playmaker? He is performing only average for my Sunderland side.

I currently play him as a playmaking wide right midfielder in a flat 4-4-2 with these instructions:

dzagoevb.jpg

That save is still second season only but while he's not scoring that much he gets average ratings of 7+.

It's a really specific tactic though based on what Germany played at the WC 2006, I intend to post a detailed thread about it if I ever find the time to do so...

For some reason Dzagoev has much better Tackling and Decisions in my game than posted above, probably because of database patches. I'm on 10.2 I think.

• 4 weeks later...
i've signed him in the EPL with Southampton playing him just behind the strikers but he seems to be going missing in a few games. what sort of instructions are best for him?

I play him as AML advanced playmaker/attack. He loves it, assists and goals flow!

I'm sure he'd be fine doing the same from AMC.

He did however take until Feb of the 1st season to really settle and perform well. 2nd season he was dynamite.

I play him as AML advanced playmaker/attack. He loves it, assists and goals flow!

I'm sure he'd be fine doing the same from AMC.

He did however take until Feb of the 1st season to really settle and perform well. 2nd season he was dynamite.

thanks for the reply :) i've now moved him back to central midfield with advanced playmaker, roam from position and lots of forward runs. he seems to be playing much better. i'm hoping he'll really kick off later in the season though.

Archived