Toulouse FC - helius's Project

First let me introduce myself. I am helius. I started playing football simulation games in 2001 when one friend of mine got me FA Premier Manager 2001. The next year I started playing Championship Manager and I played it till the Eidos / Sports Interactive split. After I continued playing FM. I usually play 3-4 hours every day FM, except when I'm not on computer.

Football in Macedonia is very popular even though there are not very good players. Some of the good players are Goran Pandev (Lazio), who probably all of you know him, there's Velice Sumolikoski (Ipswich), Nikolce Noveski (Mainz), Goran Popov (Heerenven) etc.

My favourite football team is Bayern Munchen, but I rarely start a career in FM with them cause after a while I get bored and start another career.

150px-Toulouse2.png

Toulouse FC, France, French Ligue 1

-----Introduction------

Toulouse FC is a modest team from France when you look at their achievements. They've won the French Cup in far 1957 and several times the French Second League. Three years ago they attacked the high rankings on the French table by gaining a spot in CL qualifications. They lost in the third qualification round by Liverpool. The year after, they secured their stay in top division in the last round. But... This year the magnificent Andre-Pierre Gignac scored 24 goals in 38(1 as substitute) matches in the league and helped the team reach the 4-th place even though the bookies rated them as relegation candidates. Some say that the departure of Johan Elmander to Bolton boosted Gignac's confidence and space for scoring goals.

The team has 3 players who are bright stars among the squad. They play for the France U-21 National team. Two of them have 5* rating and one 6* PA (Potential Ability) in my game. I'm talking about the left defender, Cheik M'Bengue and about the two DMs, Moussa Sissoko and Etienne Capoue (who is captain of the national team in real life).

I started the career with this team because of its success in real life and because the bookies in the game give you small hopes for better place than finishing in second league at the end of the season. My ambitions at the start were to finish mid-table. I was given a 3m(Euro) budget. At the moment I am found on the second place in the French League and I have one match to play more than Lyon, which are first.

I will give you a detailed view of how I managed the team to second place and how I handle things.

First I do these things.

- Set the training

- Fix the staff

- Choose team-settings

- Faxing board request for feeder club

- Choose the right tactic for the players in the club

---Staff---

I change the AM (Assistant Manager) right away. For AM I look on these attributes: Scouting Player Ability and Potential because he's the man who tells you which player how much stars has and suggest you transfers. I look also for good numbers for adaptability, motivation, level of discipline and determination. The choice fell on Massimo Neri who is just a coach for the national team of England.

I look for coaches who have good star rating. At Toulouse I signed new contracts with the youth coaching team and I have a decent coaching staff for training. I didn't bother signing coaches with 7*.

I had a good GK coach and didn't change him. I look for GK coaching, adaptability and determination while being a GK Coach.

Fitness Coach. Fitness, adaptability, determination. Two of them minimum of course. I didn't change the ones in the club, they were decent.

Physio, don't bother signing more than 2-3. I have 2 at my team and I signed them after I mutually agreed to terminate the contracts of the ones that were at the club. I only look for Physiotherapy for Physio.

I get usually 5-6 scouts minimum. One like "head" scout. He has the best skills in SPA and SPP. I use him for manually scouting players. I have one scout with good Tactical Knowledge and I use him for scouting my next opponents. The others I sent them scouting various country so the Scouting Knowledge between staff rises.

-----Pre-Season-----

---Training---

Never but never I thought of making my one training schedules. In FM 2008 and in 09 I use Tug's Training Schedules found here (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72970). The only modification I make is monthly after I get Report from the Assistant Manager and I compare green and red arrows next to the attributes in players' profiles, I change the training. For example. If Gignac has red arrow facing downwards on Acceleration and Pace, I boost his Aerobic training.

I try to make every kind of training be trained by a coach with as more stars as possible.

Tug has also youth training schedules. I always set training for the youth squad.

---Team Settings--

Manager > Toulouse FC > Team Settings

I make the Neri to talk on press conferences, to arrange my friendlies, to extend my reserve and youth players' contracts. He also is coaching both squads. He has a good attribute Working with Youngsters and that's why I chose him. Usually I choose a coach instead of AM if my coach has better Working with Youngsters attribute.

---Tactics---

I always use 4-4-2 or some variations of it. With Toulouse I had to choose 4-2-4(standard) and then swap the MCs for DMs. I had 5 DMs which best and natural position as DM and not as good playing as MC. I started choosing tactics from here (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110321) in FM09, good job for megafan2005. Then I just make my modifications into the tactics. I set Player Instructions usually by the Set To menu found in Tactics and then modified them if some changes are required for my play style.

Screenshot of my tactic for Toulouse:

2hi40ax.jpg

Screenshot of Team Instructions:

2eovcpt.jpg

I always tend to choose the set pieces takers. I always tend to set player instructions for corners when in attack. I use the FM08 system by the henge found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908, except that I set more players to Attack Ball from Deep.

The two DMs are set to play as MC and one of them making Forward Runs Often (arrow upwards). I unticked the Man Marking on DCs and I set the 4 defenders Tight Marking.

---Transfers---

Screenshots:

Bought:

sobbdj.jpg

Sold:

2wp6u6u.jpg

Angulo was recommended to me by Neri for AMR. I found Goni accidentally even though he has PA 5*. I wanted Neri to give me a report for loan players who can play for my team as DC and I got first Neri at loan and after I saw his talent, I bought his contract. I bought Ansaldi as a substitution for Ebondo and Cesar for DR. Kalinic is a striker I know for previous careers, he has 5* PA and I got him so I boost the competition for FC because I had only 3 players on that position at the start. I also bought Kikin Fonseca as Striker after he was recommended to me by Neri. Gaitan was also recommended by my AM after I sold Mansare. (Don't you ever sell Mansare if you play with Toulouse FC, he is the man for the position but I sold him for money even though I actually got "nothing")

Bergougnoux didn't fit into my tactic, classical AMC but I don't need that kind of a player. I didn't want him to retrain a position to winger and I sold him. Ebondi, Cesar and Mansare were sold for money.

I usually use this chart for what attributes to search into new players. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=12697. Thanks Cleon.

---Board Requests---

Right away I request feeder/parent club. With Toulouse of course I had to request feeder club and that's what I did. From the suggested teams, I chose Kiel from Germany. Feeder clubs are needed in my opinion so young players with minimum 4* or 5* PA who play for the reserve or youth squads and are not used into first team, develop.

After spending 2m from my first transfer budget (3m euro), I request more and I got additional four millions. I suggest for you all to request always additional budget after you spend the given money at start of the season.

---Friendlies---

I always let my AM arrange friendlies for me. He usually arranges six friendlies.

Screenshot:

161dwsz.jpg

As you can see, with only one goal against and 30 goals for I am really satisfied and also are the players, starting the league with Superb moral.

I use friendlies for these 3 things:

- Rise the moral of the squad to Superb

- To blend/gel the team well before the league starts

- All players should be match fit and have good fitness level

On the first 3-4 matches I change my whole team (11 players) at half time (and hope none gets injured from the substitutes). After those 3-4 matches I just see when someone has under 80% and I substitute them.

-----After ten league matches-----

Table:

2zsba5t.jpg

Results:

ih8i0k.jpg

As you can see, after 11 matches (10 league and one cup) I have a balance of 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 lose. The one game I lost is away against Nice, but I successfully managed to win against the three teams I think are the best in France. Lyon, PSG and Marseille. Especially the win against 3-1 with Lyon. I'm second placed and I have one match more than others in the top. Absolutely delighted by my team's performance, I don't plan on making transfers in January, I'll just play till the end of the season with the same team. I hope none will get injured on long-term as the talented Capoue got on the first match, 3 months injury.

-----Modifications before a match-----

Before a match begins, I tend to set Team Talk and Opposition Instructions.

If I play against rivals I always set "Do This for the Supporters". If I have less than 1.8 (decimal) coefficient by bookies, "Expect a Win". If I have more or exactly 1.8, "They Can Win This". If I have more or exactly 3.0, "Wish Them Luck".

I set up Opposition Instructions like this:

- If there are wingers, Tight Marking > Yes, Closing down > Always, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot

- If there are no wingers, but FB play as wingers, Tight Marking > Yes, Closing down > Always, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot

- If there is AMC, Tight Marking > Yes, Closing down > Always, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot

- On strikers always, ight Marking > Yes, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot

I suggest if you play in a better league (England, Spain..) not to play with Tackling Hard and Tight Marking if your players don't have more than or exactly 17 for Marking and Tackling. Against weaker teams in the league you can have lesser number of skill like 15, or the same goes if you are playing in less good leagues like France, Holland, Portugal... I have in my team DCs with Tackling/Marking; 13/16 and 16/15. The one with 13 Tackling has bigger chance with Hard Tackling to get a yellow card than the one with 16.

---Modifications on half-time---

If there are players with less than 80% condition, I change them!

I'm a good person and that's why I give a chance to players that played with 6.4 rating or less by giving them "You Have Faith in him".

Depending on the result, "Pleased" for 1-0;2-0;2-1 against standard/weak teams. "Thrilled" against good teams when having good result. "Delighted" on players with more than 7.5 rating. On all substitution players that will join the game on half-time, "Faith in You"/"You can make the difference".

I check opposition instructions, because if they change a player the instructions are no longer set on the new player.

---Second half---

I don't make a change till the 65 minute, only if a player gets injured. In 65 minutes I see if the players I gave a chance at half-time improved, if not their are substituted. I change players under 80% condition. I check instructions.

80 minute. Last changes, tactical and player wise. Tactical:

If I lead with minimal difference:

The two DMs are given Player Instructions as DM and in Team Instructions boosted is the Time Wasting for 2-3 notches after the middle, Defensive Line is found one notch right of Deep. In this situations the opponent plays with 4-2-4 (4 strikers), in that case on all strikers these Opposition Instructions I make Tight Marking > Yes, Closing down > Always, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot and on the two MC, Tackling > Hard, Show on > Weaker foot.

If I'm losing with minimal difference:

I swap the DMs to MC and they are given instructions for AMC (unticked Free Roll). In this case I usually change the Focus Passing to Down the Flanks, I move the Mentality slider 4 notches from the middle to the right. I move Time Wasting's slider to the left end. And I move Closing Down and Defensive Line 1-2 notches to the right.

I'm always aware if the opposition making substitutions so I change opposition instructions.

---Team Talk at the end---

If we won against good team, Delighted.

If we won against standard/weak team, Pleased.

If we draw against good team, Pleased.

If we draw against standard/weak team, Disappointed.

If we lost against good teams, Sympathize the team.

If we lost against standard teams, Disappointed.

If we lost against weak teams, Angry.

---Future---

The next update I will post after the January transfer period. And one more update at the end of the season.

---Last Words---

If you have questions please feel free to ask. This topic is written for discussion, if someone thinks I'm wrong please correct me I don't think mine is the smartest way for FM. Suggestions are welcomed as well.

Below I will post links to my tactic, my save game of Toulouse career game and the sources of my work.

Save Game (30MB): http://www.2shared.com/file/6104485/b3bc98b4/Toulouse_for_macedonianfootball.html

Tactic: http://www.2shared.com/file/6104397/41e6de5c/Toulouse_4-2-4.html

Tug's training: http://www.freewebs.com/tugstraining/training/2009/index.html

Sources of my knowledge, good guides:

- That There FM Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110321 > megafan2005

- SoW's Seasonal Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88921 > Son_Of_William

- SMSL's Guide to FM09: http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88768 > Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover

- Teambuilding: The road to success: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=123918 > Menz

- Player Criteria - The Stats: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=12697 > Cleon

- Opposition Instructions discussion: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=24487 > Mr Personality

- Scoring from corners cracked: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908 > the henge

- Tug's Training 2009: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72970 > Tug NCFC

- The Sheffield United Project 09 - Simplicity: http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=86542 > Cleon

- Match Day Info: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=129172 > DirtyJoe

If you want to discuss about the thread or just simply you want a new FM buddy, don't hesitate to add me:

- MSN: h3lius at hotmail.com

You might want to change this. =)

Anyways, impressive results.

Thx man! I was writing it last night half asleep. :)

great work man

favorited here, maybe I'll start a game with Toulouse and learn with this topic

Thx! Toulouse is a great team to a start a new career with!

-----Half-Season-----

---Results Review---

Table:

t8vkna.jpg

Results:

2l9lfv5.jpg

As you can see I am found on the second place in the French League and one point behind the leaders, Marseille. From the results you can see that I had a little struggle when I first lost from Rennais, then won against Le Havre but had 2 draws and 1 lost game in the three upcoming. I had a lot of injured players then and probably that was the reason behind the struggle.

I conclude that I should make a lot of tweaking for the away games, because the four lost games I have in the league are away. Especially away games when my opponents play without wingers, for example 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 etc. I will make one next season so I can try it on friendlies, not during this season because of fear of struggling.

---Transfers---

In:

i2nf5v.jpg

Out:

2ec2n9g.jpg

In the January transfer period I took Rabiu Ibrahim, Manuel Ruz, Eduardo Salvio, Jules Lasserre and Jiri Kladrubsky. I got rid of Soren Larsen, Daniel Congre and Etienne Didot.

Ibrahim Rabiu was found by one of my scouts and I took him for my U18 team. CA 1*. PA 5*. I bought Manuel Ruz for a second FBR because I sold Congre. Eduardo Salvio, youngster, was also found by one of my scouts, he has CA 3* and PA 6*, I plan him for first team next season in the place of Angulo. Lasserre was found in some U18 team in France, he has 4* PA and was cheap. Jiri Kladrubsky was suggested to me by Neri because I sold Didot.

Soren Larsen was a fifth striker in my team and totally useless. I sold both Congre and Didot for the money.

I've arranged three players for the summer. Paulo Magalhaes 19 years 4* PA for 70k Euro?! Federico Laurito, 18y 4* PA as a replacement for Pentecote who I am planning on selling. And Mbark Boussoufa, suggested by Neri for AML, I am planning on selling both AML and AMR because they are old (I don't want players older than 31).

I'll try to search for a GK, the position which is going to be the weakest next season.

Lineup:

285ehk.jpg

When I started this career, only Gignac and Mathieu had 4* CA.

---Other---

All the contracts, both players' and staff's, are checked and none is leaving at the end of the season.

I searched for a feeder club and waiting for one to be found.

My finances are looking great. I am left with 2m Euro transfer budget and I am 170k Euro under my wage budget.

---Future---

My objective for this season is to stay at the top 3 places that lead to Champions League. I will be fully focused for the League now because I lost both in the French Cup and the French League Cup.

I am planning a staff review at the end of the season and arranged better coaches at all positions. If I can I will also add one more physio.

And I have a really good idea which I will try at the beginning of next season. I will arrange 4 matches minimum besides the 6 matches my AM will arrange and I will make Pre-Season training. I want my players to begin the season as fit as they can so they can survive whole season playing 90 minutes.

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ON THE GAMEPLAY OR ELSE, SOMETHING I CAN TRY, LET ME KNOW.

AND IF ANYONE HAS PREPARED PRE-SEASON, PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME OR AT LEAST A LINK SO I CAN HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA HOW SHOULD IT LOOK LIKE WHEN I'M MAKING ONE FOR ME.

Next update at the end of the season in 2-3 days. Over and out! BTW, I started the "Firm Challenge" with Celtic, hope I will finish at least in top half with them in the Premiership :)

First off, good thread mate! reading this has made me want to break the monotony of only playing in the english league (don't know why it just always happens!)

secondly, I was wondering which leagues/countries/players you load at the beginning of the season?

Well done mate good thread.

Thanks!

First off, good thread mate! reading this has made me want to break the monotony of only playing in the english league (don't know why it just always happens!)

secondly, I was wondering which leagues/countries/players you load at the beginning of the season?

Thanks to you too. Normally I choose top European leagues plus second-class leagues like Portugal, Netherlands etc., top leagues from South America, Australia, Korea etc.. with Huge database and I load all players from my country, Macedonia. But for this career I chose Medium database with only top European leagues so the game could go faster.

nice thread mate......

Thanks!

-----Season Summary-----

---Results Review---

Table:

2mrijjo.jpg

Results:

wjvyi1.jpg

As you can see, I became new champion of France! I was really frightened to lose the first place in the second half of the season because of constant injury problems. Two little result struggles because of injuries: When I draw with PSG and then lost the derby against Marseille. I also got only 4 points in 4 matches, losing to Le Havre and Saint-Etienne, drawing with Grenoble and winning against Lorient. To be honest I thought I would lose against Lorient because they had this formation with which they won our duel in the first half of the season(1-4 lol).

Gignac finished as top scorer with 22 goals from 38 matches in the league, Kikin Fonseca scored 15 goals from 32 matches. Fonseca also was crowned the Signing of the Season.

Nothing much else to say here, we lost in the cups, our hope was only the League and my aim to finish on a Champions League place is fulfilled.

---Squad Review---

---Transfers---

Sold:

alroet.jpg

I sold Sirieix, Angulo, Pentecote, Gaitan, Hamel and Carasso.

Angulo and Gaitan were very good Wingers that helped me getting the trophy but I simply don't like old players and I wanted new bright and talented wingers. Sirieix and Penteceto were not required by me for the season, while Hamel (my substitute GK) was wanted by Roma and I made his dream come true. Carasso got an offer by Valencia and because I already purchased another goalkeeper, I sold him.

Bought:

244qmhe.jpg

New players in my team are, Federico Laurito, Paulo Magalhaes, Mbark Boussoufa, Loic Nestor, Erick Delgado and Sergey Ignashevich.

I made a mistake with Laurito. Not that he's not a good player but because I already have 4 foreign players in Eduardo Salvio, Erick Delgado, Cristian Ansaldi and Kikin Fonseca and he can't play. I'll try to loan him this season and think what to do for the next. Magalhaes is a highly talented full-back that has 5* PA. Boussoufa is a replacement for Gaitan, Delgado a replacement for Carasso. I got Ignashevich for 6m Euro and "luckily" he got injured for 5-6 months. Loic Nestor is a great talent with 5 PA stars and I got him from Le Havre for 2.6m Euro.

I am currently negotiating with Gaston Fernandez (ST). He has an Italian nationality a second and can play for me.

-----Next Season-----

---Beginnings---

As I let you know, I wanted to make a good pre-season by arranged a lot of friendlies and train with Pre-Season training. My plans sank in water as I only managed to arrange 6 friendlies and I just changed my training from Tug's to Specialist Position Training by djwillster.

I bought one more physio and new coaches to better my training.

I have 5.6m Euro transfer budget left and I'm 110k Euro under my wage budget.

---Objectives---

For this season my aim is top5 in the league, a good start in Champions League and making a strong squad for the future. I will be buying every U20 player with 5* PA found with my scouts.

Well done mate, shame about Laurito as with the right set up he can be lethal.

keep up the good work!!

Thanks a lot and yes it's a big shame. But that's FM, you need to be good at transfers too and not only good, transfers require a lot of attention. ( you don't want to scr*w things like Real Madrid did last season :) )

hi you say you use the team instructions from megafan's guide, and then you use the 'set to' option for the player instructions.

then you say you make changes depending on the style..

what are these changes and could you describe your knowledge behind them?

hi you say you use the team instructions from megafan's guide, and then you use the 'set to' option for the player instructions.

Team Instructions from megafan (maybe change them a bit) and Player Instructions by Set To option (maybe change them a bit, example make my FB cross Deep if they are set Byline or Mixed).

then you say you make changes depending on the style..

what are these changes and could you describe your knowledge behind them?

Depending on style I meant changes depending on pitch.

Here you can find great info by megafan about the pitch and how will you play depending on its size. Here.

I tend to make a tactic that will get along my home pitch so mainly my tactic should be good at home. Then I start making changes, trying out different passing styles with tempo and mentality till I get my tactic doing well both home and away. Luckily there were no major changes made on my Toulouse tactic to work on away.

Good job Heliu5. Winning Le Championnat is hard in FM '09 with Lyon, not to mention Toulouse...

I see you sold a few good players to balance the books. Bet you wish you had Didot and Mansare [!] back don't you?

Any other plans to strengthen? I've noticed this game is more realistic in that even a championship winning team needs a sprinkling of new faces to avoid the team from getting complacent.

Team Instructions from megafan (maybe change them a bit) and Player Instructions by Set To option (maybe change them a bit, example make my FB cross Deep if they are set Byline or Mixed).

Depending on style I meant changes depending on pitch.

Here you can find great info by megafan about the pitch and how will you play depending on its size. Here.

I tend to make a tactic that will get along my home pitch so mainly my tactic should be good at home. Then I start making changes, trying out different passing styles with tempo and mentality till I get my tactic doing well both home and away. Luckily there were no major changes made on my Toulouse tactic to work on away.

so if the pitch is short and narrow, then would you change all of the players instructions to have short passing???

Good job Heliu5. Winning Le Championnat is hard in FM '09 with Lyon, not to mention Toulouse...

I see you sold a few good players to balance the books. Bet you wish you had Didot and Mansare [!] back don't you?

Any other plans to strengthen? I've noticed this game is more realistic in that even a championship winning team needs a sprinkling of new faces to avoid the team from getting complacent.

I cried for Didot :D but that's football, I don't want to keep players that want to go to bigger teams. I bought a new AMR because Salvio had 3* CA and I don't want to ruin this year's league placement. Krivets.

so if the pitch is short and narrow, then would you change all of the players instructions to have short passing???

No. I change the team instructions, no need to change the instructions of all players especially the ones that need to play direct/long passing.

I love the way you have absorbed the info from many different guides and moulded them into your team.

Great stuff.

Thanks man! :)

ow right thank you.

would it be okeyy to list alll of the changes that you make.

ie. menataltiy change for away games...

maybe in a bullet style?

thanks so much mate.

So, when you make the tactic for your team look on both sides, on the negatives and the positives. Just try not to include something negative. For example, in my Toulouse tactic you can see that I play high DL, quick Tempo and short passing. This means that I should have a short/narrow pitch except for the passing but the passing is not a problem because short passing helps you dictate the game, you keep much of the possession and that eventually lead you to a few/a lot chances. So the "negative" here is the short passing for short/narrow pitches but this negative side is excluded because all French teams play on same pitch dimensions (French League rule?!) and if your players adapt well to it (blend) and have the right skills, you will RULE, as I did :)

So again, when you make your tactic try to make a tactic in which all things fall into place. For example you want to play 4-3-3 with direct balls, quick tempo and high DL, all players have the right skills for each position + the essential skills for each position like determination, teamwork, work rate etc., then you'll make your stadium short/narrow...

Let this example be your first tactic, choose the 4-3-3 Attacking formation, change the passing to direct and find the right skills for the players. The two "side" MCs should be att mids not box2box mids, the one in the middle should play like DM and have some marking/tackling etc. Try to make a combination of a target-man and 2 poachers in the attack or whatever suits you. And play some friendlies and let me know of the results and how are you doing. Of course this tactic will have its impact on short/narrow pitches more than on long/wide.

I personally play long/wide pitches most of the time in my first seasons because I rarely start with the best team in the league and I personally believe only the best teams could play well a tactic with direct passing.

I will add a few more things.

- Training is essential!!! If you want success, you must do good in training.

- The proper player skills are also essential. If you want success, buy the players with proper skills, sells the ones that don't fit.

- Last thing. In order for a tactic to work, the squad must blend. Try to play more friendlies in pre-season and have the right players for the squad to blend faster. Don't forget on attributes like teamwork, workrate and determination, they are of utmost importance to the gelling of the team.

Not all tactics work if your squad does not adopt it well and don't gel under it.

So, when you make the tactic for your team look on both sides, on the negatives and the positives. Just try not to include something negative. For example, in my Toulouse tactic you can see that I play high DL, quick Tempo and short passing. This means that I should have a short/narrow pitch except for the passing but the passing is not a problem because short passing helps you dictate the game, you keep much of the possession and that eventually lead you to a few/a lot chances. So the "negative" here is the short passing for short/narrow pitches but this negative side is excluded because all French teams play on same pitch dimensions (French League rule?!) and if your players adapt well to it (blend) and have the right skills, you will RULE, as I did :)

So again, when you make your tactic try to make a tactic in which all things fall into place. For example you want to play 4-3-3 with direct balls, quick tempo and high DL, all players have the right skills for each position + the essential skills for each position like determination, teamwork, work rate etc., then you'll make your stadium short/narrow...

Let this example be your first tactic, choose the 4-3-3 Attacking formation, change the passing to direct and find the right skills for the players. The two "side" MCs should be att mids not box2box mids, the one in the middle should play like DM and have some marking/tackling etc. Try to make a combination of a target-man and 2 poachers in the attack or whatever suits you. And play some friendlies and let me know of the results and how are you doing. Of course this tactic will have its impact on short/narrow pitches more than on long/wide.

I personally play long/wide pitches most of the time in my first seasons because I rarely start with the best team in the league and I personally believe only the best teams could play well a tactic with direct passing.

ow right fantastic!

i think you may of changed my FM career!!!

thank you so much:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
any more news on your season heliu5?

cheers.

Finished playing FM09 since my second season ending with Toulouse, I am little busy with another hobby/game I am playing professionally. Will be able though to continue FM once FM10 is released.

Archived