08 or 09?

i like 08 better i think

but thats not to say that 09 is a step back because i think the 3d pitch is good and like the inroduction of the press conference etc...

i guess im just finding it harder!

my successfull tactics of the previous games are failing me! but i guess thats the challenge and up to me to sort out!!

so enough time on these forums and back to keeping bradford in League 1!!

But doesn't the newgen problem in 08 spoil the long term game? I haven't gone past 5 seasons, but I still find it strange that SI didn't release a patch to fix a quite big factor in the game. Of course they had to move on, but apparently it wasn't a big problem. I still think of 08 of a game which is good, but because of the awful tests and stories about the newgens is a game without any long term potential. Maybe it is not as bad as it looked like reading those messages here though.

One thing for sure, 09 is a different story when it comes to newgen quality.

I didn't buy 08 because I didn't feel it was enough of a step forward from 07 and even 06. 09 isn't perfect (or finished), but it has definately taken a couple of steps in the right direction with all of its new features, so I'll go for FM2009.

Both games have thier critics and thier own problems but which do you prefer?

Why and which features of the games do you like the most?

Discuss

08 was excellent but I feel 09 is the superior game, one thing I will admit is that 08 had a sense of never ending whereas I get the feeling with 09 for some reason that I could lose interest a lot quicker. You may ask if that is the case then how is 08 the weaker of the 2 well in my opinion 08 was not a huge leap over 07 (another excellent game) and honestly apart from the match engine and a few extra bits and pieces (press conference and ass man talks) 09 wasnt a huge leap from 08 but each time a new game is released there is always more depth added making the game better and it will continue to do so until SI go overboard and put some options in the game that totally destroy the feeling of being just a football manager like Fifa Manager which concentrates on more of the personal sides of a football manager, who really cares if a manager has 4 wives and 32 children, as long as he can take the team to glory. My point is, although 08 was great and the overall feel of the game may be better, the added options in 09 add to the realism and fun of the game therefore it cannot be bettered, until FM10 of course. Lets hope SI dont get too carried away.

I really enjoyed FM2008 after picking it up in September and quickly racked up 8 seasons in the Blue Square North/South. FM2009 I didn't enjoy when I first started playing it, but after starting again and learning how to play it properly I'm really enjoying it, all be still only half way through my first season. This also may have something to do with being top of the league at mo. For me:

FM2008 - £3.99 bottle of red wine, enjoyable but drunk quickly.

FM2009 - A Fine Claret, something to be drunk slowly and savoured.

Cheers

Onkster

Archived