From what season do you start to use regens ?

As soon as possible, I tend to prefer regens for some reason. I think it's the unpredictability as they are different game to game whereas I know who the good real players and prospects are before I even start.

ASAP - I tend to find there's a period after around 15 seasons when I do the opposite and try and sign a few 33 year old real players as they're now considered relics in the game! I actually had a 37 year old Willian playing in the Welsh league for a season in FM16, which was a great laugh, he tore it up.

But on the whole, moving onto regens asap is my preferred move, I can't get attached to real players due to existing biases.

As soon as they are good enough!

In LLM I've had regens in my first team as early as the second season!

However, in the Premier League regens don't usually start making a significant impact on the first team until usually around the 3rd season for me.

ASAP. I'm tired of playing with the same players each game or FM version.

Starting a game with only regens would be the perfect feature as the current regens generation feature needs some fix.

I'm currently in pre season for 2017/18 (playing FM16) - regens are starting to be evaluated for the potential to make the first team squad.

It changes game to game though as quality of regens changes year to year

Doesn't that just give the existing players fake names? That was my understanding, I didn't think it randomised the database in any way.

I think it may also have changed nationalities... just to mix things up that tiny bit more. Other than that yeah, not a lot

Since about FM12 i select disable real players and then holiday for about 30 years, this way the "real fake" players are gone. With this the world is always different and the best and worst clubs are usually different than real life. I like it more this way because the game world is more unpredictable and you have to search for the good players instead of knowing and always buying the same guys.

Doesn't that just give the existing players fake names? That was my understanding, I didn't think it randomised the database in any way.

There is a recent feature allowing you to generate real regens but the process to fill a complete empty database can last several hours before actually starting a game and there are some issues about it : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432585-Question-to-experts-PA-in-a-customized-league-max-115-despite-higher-rep-and-structures

Archived