What the hell, I have a striker - finishing - 14, Anticipation 14, Bravery 16, composure 11, off the ball 14. He has scored 3 goals in 26 games, something seems very wrong. Obviously he is not top rank, Eredivise, but for me those are average stats for this level (Let's say lower level), but why does a player with 4 finishing perform better than a striker with finishing 14?

It seems you need a ground braking striker for your division, otherwise, just rely on your wingers. Stats mean nothing, then take into account reputation and stats mean even less. A Winger with finishing 4, will be more effective than a striker with finishing 14, because he has a higher reputation and/or, potential.

I like my rpg's and I like my stats, but this doesn't make sense.

of course, but finishing 14 against finishing 4 should be rather apparent, no? Yet my winger with finishing 4 is more lethal than my striker with finishing 14, even though he is 1 on 1, CCC, constantly gets into good positions, he just won't score.

Yet winger with finishing of 4 will.?

If we take 10 as average, as FM is 20 based. Then 14 is above average and 4 is well below average.

This is the dude http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=599112290

Advanced forward/attack.

I have even tried 532 and 442 diamond. It's naught when he has had good chances, and never takes them. One game he was 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 times and took a penalty, still no goal!

There's far more to finishing than just finishing. Composure. Decisions. Depending on the difficulty or angle, technique too. Then it very much depends on which foot the shot falls to as well.

This is all outside of your instructions or his body language/motivation which may make the situation better or worse.

Yes I know, but if you saw his stats, you would think, ok he is ok at this level, if not as a lone striker, then as 1 of a pair right?

As I have said My team creates chances, in one game he was 1-1 with the keeper 3 times and had a missed penalty amongst other chances, in the one game and scored..............none.

As far as stats go, he is limited in composure (though 10 is average if we rely on FM being die 20), but the rest of his stats are above average, so why is his return well below average?

ok as far as 4 finishing I am wrong, but look at my LB (finishing 5), he has never scored from freekick or penalty, it has been from open play!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/351645701780949657/38A4FB4BA45277CD19B16FC19010BF86326E41F1/

The thing is you may have a striker rated 130 and have a striker rated 100. The striker rated at 130 may have finishing 6, yet the striker 100 may have finishing 15, more than not, the 130 striker will perform, even though his abilities are less suited to scoring, his 'potential'/'reputation', seems to be more than the sum of his parts.

You might not be playing to his strengths. Or you have a Fernando Torres at Chelsea on your hands, great player, just cant score.

Bravery 16 in the division we play in would suggest you might be right, more than not he should be getting in the mix . he just can't score and I don't understand it, either than reputation rearing it's ugly head again, it's potential. How many times have you played a youth with potential and they have performed

The down arrows indication poor training performance could be telling, might be an indication of poor hidden attributes that mimic a player with all the technical ability a professional could ask for but the mindset of someone who doesn't really care.

yes I agree, he might not have a great mindset, but does that overide his attributes?

It seems you can chuck in a player with better potential and even though his stats are terrible, he will perform.

But considering his stats (being well above average in importance), his reputaion/potential is low and so are the results, even if the stats on average are well above?

yes I agree, he might not have a great mindset, but does that overide his attributes?

It seems you can chuck in a player with better potential and even though his stats are terrible, he will perform.

But considering his stats (being well above average in importance), his reputaion/potential is low and so are the results, even if the stats on average are well above?

The stars are a reflection of his attributes so even if you think his attributes look poor in comparison the stars indicate different.

More generally speaking I find some strikers are clinical while others aren't for no obvious reason. I'm sure there is something in their attributes/mentality etc that causes this but its not clear to see so I tend to judge on what I see on the pitch.

We need to know 3 things or this thread will go nowhere.

1 - Shot quality. Are the chances really as good as you think? As I've explained, there's a lot more to finishing than just the single attribute.

2 - What's his morale like? Is he on a goal drought? Is it affecting him, if you look at his concerns in his profile? What do you say to hom during team talks? What's his personality? What's his body language/motivation like during a game?

3 - Tactics. What is the setup? High tempo? Poor pitches? Is he usually closely marked or does he have space?

I played 3 years at Barcelona. Wont the treble twice and the league in the third season. Scored bucket loads of goals. BUT Messi and Neymar (playing as wingers) got more goals in one season than Suarez (playing as complete forward) got in ALL THREE seasons and in season 2 Gerard Pique got 11 in all comps and Suarez got...9!

I tried different roles,instructions, tactics,telling him he was great and even taking him out for dinner!!! Nothing worked. Happens over and over again with world class strikers down to 40 year old monsters in non league.Cant be all down to tactics.

In danger of ruining this game personnaly speaking.

1/ yes they have been, he has been 1-1 many times, even had open goal chances, ccc amongst the usual. Yes there are more to 'shot quality' than the 'finishing' attribute. Look at the player, he is only lacking in composure (especially at this level).

2/ His moral says poor, but having scored 3 in 26 games has got to grind you a bit. Nothing in his profile accounts for it, only his composure, but that is 10, so in a die 20 environment, that is at average. I have sat him out for a couple of games, chatted to him, tried different formations to see if being in a two striker formation is better for him.

3/ Generally Dutch football has good pitches. Tried 4123 or 532, 442, 442 diamond, 41221. The problem is not creating chances, he has has so many good chances it is beyond belief. As far as team talks, I try to make it positive, earlier I was very demanding, but I don't want to kick a team while it's down (though a few times I have been aggressive, to try to liven them up, but not very often). Tempo is high, but we don't close down and I play a disciplined side. I don't know if he is being marked, that is not my 'essential' problem, But he get's many chances and about a third are tap ins, 1-1 or ccc. The players around him create the space, I have quite a good midfield and my FB (extremely important in FM16) are quite good for this level.

I played 3 years at Barcelona. Wont the treble twice and the league in the third season. Scored bucket loads of goals. BUT Messi and Neymar (playing as wingers) got more goals in one season than Suarez (playing as complete forward) got in ALL THREE seasons and in season 2 Gerard Pique got 11 in all comps and Suarez got...9!

I tried different roles,instructions, tactics,telling him he was great and even taking him out for dinner!!! Nothing worked. Happens over and over again with world class strikers down to 40 year old monsters in non league.Cant be all down to tactics.

This is what I was getting at when I said AML/R wingers are inside forwards, an inside forward is just a wide creative forward. But strikers (even when you see their stats) are more support units this version, If you have strikers who are technical, convert them to wingers.

1/ yes they have been, he has been 1-1 many times, even had open goal chances, ccc amongst the usual. Yes there are more to 'shot quality' than the 'finishing' attribute. Look at the player, he is only lacking in composure (especially at this level).

2/ His moral says poor, but having scored 3 in 26 games has got to grind you a bit. Nothing in his profile accounts for it, only his composure, but that is 10, so in a die 20 environment, that is at average. I have sat him out for a couple of games, chatted to him, tried different formations to see if being in a two striker formation is better for him.

3/ Generally Dutch football has good pitches. Tried 4123 or 532, 442, 442 diamond, 41221. The problem is not creating chances, he has has so many good chances it is beyond belief. As far as team talks, I try to make it positive, earlier I was very demanding, but I don't want to kick a team while it's down (though a few times I have been aggressive, to try to liven them up, but not very often). Tempo is high, but we don't close down and I play a disciplined side. I don't know if he is being marked, that is not my 'essential' problem, But he get's many chances and about a third are tap ins, 1-1 or ccc. The players around him create the space, I have quite a good midfield and my FB (extremely important in FM16) are quite good for this level.

So, according to you there are no issues. Your best course of action is then to either upload your save/pkm so that other forum users can see if they spot something you cannot/did not or report it in the bugs forum and upload the save to the FTP with the times where this happens, if it's that often.

So, according to you there are no issues. Your best course of action is then to either upload your save/pkm so that other forum users can see if they spot something you cannot/did not or report it in the bugs forum and upload the save to the FTP with the times where this happens, if it's that often.

Well no, there is no issue as it is a game, but a game should be understood and I have no idea what is going on here.

I think this is a bit of a cop out comment, I have posted links, All I want to know is why does he not score when my rb with finishing 5 has almost scored as many goals as him.

My ISP blocks me when I try to upload a PKM with the forum instructions.

Well no, there is no issue as it is a game, but a game should be understood and I have no idea what is going on here.

That's why it's a good idea to get a few other sets of eyes involved. You'd be surprised how someone else could see the same issue differently.

That's why it's a good idea to get a few other sets of eyes involved. You'd be surprised how someone else could see the same issue differently.

Cheers mate, but my ISP blocks me uploading a PKM when following the forum directives.

this is a new signing coming in....http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/351645757466424820/4020E943A97D6CFE750598F66C076A34DD36A440/

I would bet what ever you want, that if I start him, he will score more than 3 goals in 26 games, all because his potential 'reputation/star rating' is higher, not because of his stats, they are terrible compared to Juric.

I will add that not only formation, I have tried him in different roles, DLF AF, poacher, aevery one not seeming to have any effect, but the team performed poorly when he played poacher.

So far he has scored 7 in all competitions - http://www.transfermarkt.com/tomi-juric/profil/spieler/171820

The stars are a reflection of his attributes so even if you think his attributes look poor in comparison the stars indicate different.

More generally speaking I find some strikers are clinical while others aren't for no obvious reason. I'm sure there is something in their attributes/mentality etc that causes this but its not clear to see so I tend to judge on what I see on the pitch.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/351645757466603449/340A780D7DECD7CFFFCFF4057D9D485E8D57C28F/

I would bet what ever you want, that if I start him, he will score more than 3 goals in 26 games, all because his potential 'reputation/star rating' is higher, not because of his stats, they are terrible compared to Juric.

He won't be better just because of star ratings, because that's not how the ME works. Attributes and match context matter.

Upload the save or PKM to a file sharing site?

Both have a lone forward on attack duty isolated from the rest of the team.

All he thinks about when he gets the ball is having a shot asap. Some people seem to make it work and there are probably other things making it worse but IMO the tactics are part of the problem.

of course, but finishing 14 against finishing 4 should be rather apparent, no? Yet my winger with finishing 4 is more lethal than my striker with finishing 14, even though he is 1 on 1, CCC, constantly gets into good positions, he just won't score.

Yet winger with finishing of 4 will.?

If we take 10 as average, as FM is 20 based. Then 14 is above average and 4 is well below average.

This is the dude http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=599112290

Advanced forward/attack.

I have even tried 532 and 442 diamond. It's naught when he has had good chances, and never takes them. One game he was 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 times and took a penalty, still no goal!

Lets also look at your ST again starting with attributes.

An AF on attack has four "must have" attributes - Finishing, anticipation, composure & off the ball and your ST has 14, 14, 10 & 14 for those so fairly decent.

Other desired skills are: Dribbling, first touch, heading, passing, decisions, determination, work rate, acceleration & balance. He has 8, 12, 12, 10, 9, 15, 12, 12 & 15. Again not too bad but low in dribbling & decisions which could cause problems given what you are asking him to do. Overall looking at those attributes you can see why he gets 3.5* but his poor dribbling and poor decisions could be a reason he isn't scoring much.

The other area to look at is hidden attributes and specifically you need to identify attributes such as consistency, big matches & pressure. Consistency would be my first port of call and is often a reason why a seemingly good player doesn't play well. In practice I believe consistency lowers attributes in each match and if he has low consistency then the player will rarely play to the level of his attributes.

I've got a very similar striker in my squad. His attributes look pretty good, but he just can't score goals. He always seems to fluff his chances. So I ended up bringing in a replacement, who actually looks marginally worse, but does score goals. He's a real poacher, so I make sure I play him over the other striker. My first striker came to me saying that he thought he's good enough to play. I said words to the effect that he's had his chance and would need to prove it to me. Anyway, I decided to send him out on loan to see how he gets on. But the interesting thing is that when I look in the comments from my 'new' striker, he doesn't consider my original striker to be good enough for my team. So it could be that there are the hidden attributes that are influencing things more than we realise.

I have a similar "problem" with Arsenal. I have Neymar and Sanchez on the wings and both play much better generally and score far more goals than my main striker (Morata) who has all the skills required to be a fantastic goalscorer. In two seasons Morata scored 10 goals and 13 goals in the league from almost playing every game. Madrid came in for him, unsettled him, so I sold him.

I now have Dybala as my striker, hopefully he'll prove to be different than Morata.

I have noticed strange behaviour with strikers this FM.

Both have a lone forward on attack duty isolated from the rest of the team.

All he thinks about when he gets the ball is having a shot asap. Some people seem to make it work and there are probably other things making it worse but IMO the tactics are part of the problem.

OK I can accept that, but I have stated before, I have played a 2 striker system, these formations are what I am playing now, it doesn't mean I haven't tried different formations.

So fill me in on the tactics, as far as I am concerned it seems ok, the team create a lot of chances, his stats as you state are on average, above average.

Lets also look at your ST again starting with attributes.

An AF on attack has four "must have" attributes - Finishing, anticipation, composure & off the ball and your ST has 14, 14, 10 & 14 for those so fairly decent.

Other desired skills are: Dribbling, first touch, heading, passing, decisions, determination, work rate, acceleration & balance. He has 8, 12, 12, 10, 9, 15, 12, 12 & 15. Again not too bad but low in dribbling & decisions which could cause problems given what you are asking him to do. Overall looking at those attributes you can see why he gets 3.5* but his poor dribbling and poor decisions could be a reason he isn't scoring much.

The other area to look at is hidden attributes and specifically you need to identify attributes such as consistency, big matches & pressure. Consistency would be my first port of call and is often a reason why a seemingly good player doesn't play well. In practice I believe consistency lowers attributes in each match and if he has low consistency then the player will rarely play to the level of his attributes.

You do realise I am not Barcelona? I will not have world class players at my club, so every player has good points and bad points, but the stats don't make sense in this case.

I've got a very similar striker in my squad. His attributes look pretty good, but he just can't score goals. He always seems to fluff his chances. So I ended up bringing in a replacement, who actually looks marginally worse, but does score goals. He's a real poacher, so I make sure I play him over the other striker. My first striker came to me saying that he thought he's good enough to play. I said words to the effect that he's had his chance and would need to prove it to me. Anyway, I decided to send him out on loan to see how he gets on. But the interesting thing is that when I look in the comments from my 'new' striker, he doesn't consider my original striker to be good enough for my team. So it could be that there are the hidden attributes that are influencing things more than we realise.

Yep I have accepted he is not going to score, something is at work which I cannot fathom, time to realise he is terrible. It's just his stats (take account the level) are quite good, there must be something working in the background, but it's not a lack of trying, he is just a lemon and wont score.

Its worth saying that if you have attacking wide players and a lone forward then the lone forward shouldn't/isn't the main goalscorer in the setup which is why he isn't scoring as many as the wide players.

One does recognise that a lone striker formation is different to a two striker system, though your analogy is simple, there are quite a few ways that a single striker formation can work, it doesn't essentially rely on the striker being a target man laying off for other players. If there is support/creativity, then a single striker can move around the hole or shoulder of the defence, you cannot say a striker needs to be more this or that, it is limited.

You do realise I am not Barcelona? I will not have world class players at my club, so every player has good points and bad points, but the stats don't make sense in this case.

It doesn't seem like you are after any help/advice? Points have been raised about his hidden stats. If, for instance, his consistency is poor, that drastically alters you you'd view the attributes.

His 14 for Finishing is decent. What if his consistency is bad? He'll have (thumb suck figure) 1 game in 20 where he will be playing like his Finishing (the other attributes too, of course) is 14. The rest of the time it'll vary between 5 and 14 (again, thumb sucking. I don't know how much it varies, but you get the point) so that changes things.

OK I can accept that, but I have stated before, I have played a 2 striker system, these formations are what I am playing now, it doesn't mean I haven't tried different formations.

So fill me in on the tactics, as far as I am concerned it seems ok, the team create a lot of chances, his stats as you state are on average, above average.

Well starting with the formations, its difficult without seeing them in action but my initial thoughts would be:

Formation 1 (41221)

Structured slow build up through the midfield and then getting the ball wide which looks fine until you get into the final third. Your AF is going to be looking to make runs in behind the defence but no one is trying to find him much due to the low mentality and support duties spread around the team. This I imagine will leave him somewhat isolated, not getting the ball on 90% of the runs he makes and generally will be wasting a lot of energy for nothing. You have no-one looking to join him up front and get into the box on a regular basis leaving him alone against several defensive players. When he gets the ball he wants to attack but with no-one running beyond him the only thing in front of him is the goal so he ends up shooting most of the time. Add in the low dribbling, decisions & composure and I can see why he is having a problem scoring.

Formation 2 (51211)

This one seems better but I still see possible issues. Width provided by wide attacking fullbacks who will look to get into attacking positions (WBs rather than FBs might be a better role here as the formation is heavily reliant on them). Your playmaker sitting in the hole should have options in terms of the AF & fullbacks while the MCs will make some runs for him. The main issue I see though is your PM at AMC is heavily restricted - low tempo, retain possession, support duty which all encourage safe balls rather than looking for those killer passes you want him to make to create chances on a regular basis. The hit early crosses TI I think also detracts from the shape as you are encouraging early balls into a box where the front man is again somewhat isolated.

In terms of the player himself I know you aren't Barcelona but you really should be looking for 12 as a minimum I imagine for a key attribute. As I've said his dribbling, decisions & composure are all lower than that and I suspect part of the issue. Your pic of him also shows that he is a more natural target man and along with the plays 1-2 PPM it suggests to me that he would be more comfortable & play better with his back to goal on a support duty.

All in all I think your issue with him is part tactical, part not using the player to his best abilities, part the player attributes and maybe part the player's hidden attributes (consistency!) as well.

cheers.

Formation 1 - right, I thought having an inside forward would provide the support, would move into a secondary striker position.

I do have wingers and a midfield player who get's forward, I don't want to congest the space and as I have said he has chances, he never takes them and I don't understand why in 26 games he has only scored 3, where my RB has scored nearly as much as he has.

Yes his dribbling, decisions and composure are not desired, but in a die 20 he is average and his other stats are above average for his role, would I like better yes, but I don't have the comfort to buy many players and his stats look good for this level/duty.

Formation 2- I tried WB, but I started to concede to much, this is essentially my defence formation, so I want to contain, boss the midfield and not concede.

I cannot change player instructions, because I can only play in windowed mode or FM *****s itself and cannot adjust. I want early crosses from my FB so they get as far forward, without being too much out of position.

So low tempo effects creativity?

Yes in an ideal world it would be nice to have 12 on key attributes.

Dribbling, he doesn't dribble much, decisions and composure are (in a die 20 world) quite average and not exceptional, average.

'Your pic of him also shows that he is a more natural target man and along with the plays 1-2 PPM it suggests to me that he would be more comfortable & play better with his back to goal on a support duty.'

The best thing you have said and has made me think a bit. But with limited resources, sometimes we must play a player to his secondary duty, while his stats say he is capable.

'All in all I think your issue with him is part tactical, part not using the player to his best abilities, part the player attributes and maybe part the player's hidden attributes (consistency!) as well.'

lol.

don't take the players in the formations I posted as ironed on, it was just a quick post and those players do not play in those positions.

It doesn't seem like you are after any help/advice? Points have been raised about his hidden stats. If, for instance, his consistency is poor, that drastically alters you you'd view the attributes.

His 14 for Finishing is decent. What if his consistency is bad? He'll have (thumb suck figure) 1 game in 20 where he will be playing like his Finishing (the other attributes too, of course) is 14. The rest of the time it'll vary between 5 and 14 (again, thumb sucking. I don't know how much it varies, but you get the point) so that changes things.

Really mate?

Well as I said for the first time, I have used a third party app.

consistency is 10, which in a die 20 world is average.

important matches is 20

though his pressure stat is only 8.

So pressure will get to him and he's fairly inconsistent. That already alters the picture. You'll need to ease pressure on him with your team talks etc. Even then, his consistency isn't great. Half the time he won't be playing to his full ability. If you're satisfied with that, then great. Then it's onto tactics and the shooting situations.

Tactic 1) Exploit the flanks and work ball in the box? So you're telling them to get the ball down the wings and then hold it up until we create a better chance will their defense will be back? I'd get rid of work ball and put the IF onto attack.

Tactic 2) So many defensive players with a striker vs how many defenders? Hitting early crosses won't be very effective as no players to pull defenders out and he'll be heavily marked. Your advanced playmaker who will struggle to fashion chances.

I'd say playing the lone striker as an Advanced Forward won't help, even try Complete Forward. Someone who offers attacking movement for others and himself.

I may be a tactical gimp it's just the way I see the game :D.

I want to say again here that I am by no means a tactical expert and this is only my opinion, nothing more. Also that how I see a tactic working on paper isn't always how it works in practice either, you need to actually see it on the pitch.

Formation 1 - right, I thought having an inside forward would provide the support, would move into a secondary striker position.

He will to some degree but with a support duty I would envisage him spending a lot of time in the AMLC area outside of the box. I imagine he will look to make himself available for passes and make limited/later runs into the box, with the fullback overlapping on the left it works well but doesn't really help your ST IMO. To me the formation is crying out for someone to make deeper runs on a regular basis to support the ST in the box, typically this would be the AMR or one of the two MCs but switching one of those to attack duty would also need you to make sure you adjust the roles/duties around them to keep the balance.

Formation 2- I tried WB, but I started to concede to much, this is essentially my defence formation, so I want to contain, boss the midfield and not concede.

It doesn't strike me as a particularly defensive formation tbh. High D line, high closing down, Four forward thinking duties in the back five it seems more like a high press, possession based formation. Looking at it again I also wonder how successful the team is in getting the ball into the PM at AMC, do the defence give possession away a lot?

I cannot change player instructions, because I can only play in windowed mode or FM *****s itself and cannot adjust. I want early crosses from my FB so they get as far forward, without being too much out of position.

?????

You've lost me on this, why does playing in windowed mode affect the PIs?

So low tempo effects creativity?

Not directly but the way I see your formation is that you are asking your AMC to take his time but the AF has already made his run forward so they don't sync with each other very well. By the time the AMC is looking to make the pass the AF is offside, not received the ball and is having to get back onside so running in the wrong direction.

Yes in an ideal world it would be nice to have 12 on key attributes.

Dribbling, he doesn't dribble much, decisions and composure are (in a die 20 world) quite average and not exceptional, average.

'Your pic of him also shows that he is a more natural target man and along with the plays 1-2 PPM it suggests to me that he would be more comfortable & play better with his back to goal on a support duty.'

The best thing you have said and has made me think a bit. But with limited resources, sometimes we must play a player to his secondary duty, while his stats say he is capable.

Of course we make the best of what we have. I just think he doesn't seem like that type of player and its affecting his performances. That leaves you with a choice of either changing the tactics to more suit him or finding a different player who performs better in that role.

Tactic 1) Exploit the flanks and work ball in the box? So you're telling them to get the ball down the wings and then hold it up until we create a better chance will their defense will be back? I'd get rid of work ball and put the IF onto attack.

Tactic 2) So many defensive players with a striker vs how many defenders? Hitting early crosses won't be very effective as no players to pull defenders out and he'll be heavily marked. Your advanced playmaker who will struggle to fashion chances.

I'd say playing the lone striker as an Advanced Forward won't help, even try Complete Forward. Someone who offers attacking movement for others and himself.

I may be a tactical gimp it's just the way I see the game :D.

thanks mate.

Tactics 1- work the ball you could be right and too ambitious, I understand what you mean.

Tactic 2- Yep that is my defensive tactic, where I come against a strong team and would rather a draw to a loss. It is essentially to stop opposition scoring, if we can score on the break, we have lucked it imho. I have a few strikers who have good jumping heading, it's the reason behind early crosses.

Fill me in, why would my playmaker struggle?

So pressure will get to him and he's fairly inconsistent. That already alters the picture. You'll need to ease pressure on him with your team talks etc. Even then, his consistency isn't great. Half the time he won't be playing to his full ability. If you're satisfied with that, then great. Then it's onto tactics and the shooting situations.

I knew you would concentrate on this, but it is a part of many things that decide outcomes.

Consistency of 1o (in a die 20 world) is average, not terrible, not great, just average.

As far as pressure, I didn't notice it until now and I think it is the cause of effect more than anything else.

Personally, I think the only reassuring closure for this would be for someone with some kind of authority to post a concession that finishing isn't especially sharp in the current ME and that it's being looked into for future iterations. Talk of hidden attributes and tactical set-ups are useful to a point but I feel they're secondary problems in this instance. Juric is a fairly limited striker but 1 who should be sufficiently prolific in the Eredivisie - the tactic employed doesn't appear glaringly flawed (i'd argue it's relatively balanced) and as such, the OP certainly has my sympathy in expecting a greater return than a paltry 3 goals and 0 assists in 29 appearances.

Maybe worth noting that he does have the PPM of 'shoots with power,' an approach I have an aesthetic issue with but a valid approach nonetheless...yet looking at the goal types for my saves, 'powerful shot' accounts for a tiny fraction (about 90% are 'placed shots') so perhaps any over-arching finishing issue is being exacerbated by this tendency?

Personally, I think the only reassuring closure for this would be for someone with some kind of authority to post a concession that finishing isn't especially sharp in the current ME and that it's being looked into for future iterations. Talk of hidden attributes and tactical set-ups are useful to a point but I feel they're secondary problems in this instance. Juric is a fairly limited striker but 1 who should be sufficiently prolific in the Eredivisie - the tactic employed doesn't appear glaringly flawed (i'd argue it's relatively balanced) and as such, the OP certainly has my sympathy in expecting a greater return than a paltry 3 goals and 0 assists in 29 appearances.

Maybe worth noting that he does have the PPM of 'shoots with power,' an approach I have an aesthetic issue with but a valid approach nonetheless...yet looking at the goal types for my saves, 'powerful shot' accounts for a tiny fraction (about 90% are 'placed shots') so perhaps any over-arching finishing issue is being exacerbated by this tendency?

Thanks mate, I really like this imput.

What if that's not the conclusion though? Why would they then say that?

In your opinion but lets start with the basics: "Why should a striker score goals?" Just because you think he should? Just because you think his attributes are good? Just because you think the tactic is ok?

The bottom line is you seem to think that the ME should be coded to overide what it calculates and create goals out of nothing because you think the player deserves to score more. Well sorry but the ME doesn't work that way, it calculates what happens on the pitch and if a goal is scored its because all the calculations before that have led to the ball crossing the line, not because you think it should happen.

Archived