FM16 - Job Offers

Is it more difficult than on other versions of the game to increase your reputation and get job offers.

So far I'm in my 3rd season won 2 league titles and 4 cups and not had anyone approach me. I know I have started with a sunday league rep on my journeyman save but I'm sure in previous versions with this limited success I would have had at least one club offer me an interview

Hope this doesn't affect journeyman saves in FM15 I managed to go from Malaysia (3 seasons) to Austrailia (1 season) to the English Premiership with a Sunday League rep after having successes at my previous clubs and the other clubs came after me. So far I seem to be replicating this on FM16 but without any interest from clubs so I can't move on

I took Barrow to the Premier League before my save broke on me, I had plenty of offers on the way, especially from League 1 upwards, it was mostly teams that were below me in the same league but a significantly bigger club. I had Norwich offer me an interview when I got promoted to the Championship and they got relegated from the Premier League, I tried but failed to get the job.

Are you doing your badges as you go along?

I haven't noticed any problems with my journeyman save. I started with a Sunday Rep and No badges. I started in Vanarama League with Wrexham. Failed Spectacularly. Got another job in that league and won promotion. After that job I got a job with Clermont Foot 63 a Ligue 2 team relegated to National. Once I won the National Trophy and then proved that I could stay in Ligue2. Offers started coming in, especially when your within 6 months of End of Contract. FC Nantes, Toulouse FC, Auxerre FC all Ligue2 sides that were bigger than Clermont Foot.

In the English leagues I had a slightly different experience. All of my job offers came AFTER I had applied or declared interest in a job.

My Manager has only a 2 star rep.

Yet when I was in a takeover and my job was in doubt at Wigan in Championship.......I applied for a relegated Premiership side Sheffield United and got interviewed and was offered the job, but Aston Villa another relegated side also offered me an interview. Both clubs are favorites to be promoted to the Premiership again this season.

I took Barrow to the Premier League before my save broke on me, I had plenty of offers on the way, especially from League 1 upwards, it was mostly teams that were below me in the same league but a significantly bigger club. I had Norwich offer me an interview when I got promoted to the Championship and they got relegated from the Premier League, I tried but failed to get the job.

Are you doing your badges as you go along?

Yes I'm doing the badges - I'm currently managing in the Indonesian Super League(top league) on a journeyman save and I am starting to dominate it and also have won the various cup competitions so am looking at moving on in a season but not had any offers yet.

I

In the English leagues I had a slightly different experience. All of my job offers came AFTER I had applied or declared interest in a job.

My Manager has only a 2 star rep.

I have a one and half star rep at the moment and the league I am managing in has 1 star - as my post has stated I have managed 2 league titles and 4 cup wins I would have thought teams in a league with at least a 2 - 3 star rating would have been coming in for me - maybe a good go in the Champs League competition may help this season lol

I

Maybe I need to start applying to start the ball rolling as it where.

Do you think clubs 2-3 stars would take me on with my limited successes so far or do you think I will be aiming to high

I've only had one club approach me in ten or so seasons. I started with Sunday league rep and no badges and now have them all with four star rep.

The only club who actively wanted me was one who finished well below the club I was managing at the time.

I've found you can get jobs pretty easily (well, realistic ones anyway) if you apply but very rarely do clubs come calling for you, regardless of your track record.

I have, however, had a lot of international offers despite me not applying for one.

I started a save with Truro in the Conference South. Finished 11th first season, and halfway through the second season was approached by Stockport which I accepted. I've since taken Stockport into League 1 and along the way I've had lots of job offers. Two were from Championship clubs, but I failed the interview in both. Most offers seem to come from teams in the same league with slightly higher reps. So, I've not seen any issues with this, and I started with a Sunday League rep too.

Would the adaptability stat have much to do with being offered jobs outside of the country you're in?

You may be onto something. Despite me having all the coaching badges and having won league titles in four different countries, my adaptability is 4...

Most of my other stats have gone up a lot and I've even got some 20s.

I started in India with Sunday League Rep and no badges. I got to 1 1/2 start reputation and managed to earn National B licence. I got a job in the Qatari Stars League, but that was after applying for it, nobody has head hunted me yet.

You may be onto something. Despite me having all the coaching badges and having won league titles in four different countries, my adaptability is 4...

Most of my other stats have gone up a lot and I've even got some 20s.

Unless it has been changed for FM 16, your Adaptability rating will not change from the starting rating.

Archived