Whats one mistake you ALWAYS make on a save in Football Manager?

For me, its always trying to use tactics that were successful in older saves.

Started with Dover and ran a 4-1-4-1 Striker scored 35 goals in our season (Stefan Payne), led the league with the next closest being 24.

Then I went onto Wrexham when I finished my Dover save.

Tried to force use 4-1-4-1...did not work, at all. I learned the hard way finishing my first season 10th. Switched it up to 5-4-1 with Automatic wingbacks, counter attacking was great and we ended up getting promoted!

So tell me, whats your biggest gaffes in FM!

I always mess up the first pre-season so I have some players not match fit.

It wasn't so bad this time as most first team players were match fit. Only some late signings, players returning for injury and players promoted to the first team because of injuries weren't match fit.

Seeing that one opportunity to rebuild my squad with new players, when the current old players, while still good and valuable,

are about to start getting worse. Clubs still interested and i'm getting a few bids.

I'm getting players in to replace them but when transfer deadline is here, i haven't sold a player.

The beginning of a financial melt-down.

Or the complete opposite. I sell the players but the players i try to get to the club

somehow delays everything on transfer deadline day and are too late signing the contract, make up their minds or the clubs not accepting in time.

The beginning of squad management hell.

Happens at some point with every club i'm at, long-term.

Leaving my youth keeper in for the next league game after playing him in the cup is my favourite blunder.

I've done this many a times. Was quite confused when my keeper who gave up a league low goals had conceded 3 in one half.

Archived