Everton - Baines & Mirallas

I'm interested if anyone had tips on keeping Mirallas and Baines happy. Both have asked to leave for higher wages. I didn't have the money to match so told them I'd let them go if I got an offer that meets their valuation (I had enough sense to push them up a bit). Just before transfer Window they hit me with this, I had little money as I had to buy a Centre back with the little everton start with.

It's November now and I've had no offers and I've attained some extra cash. I'd love to offer them more money now but their agent won't talk to me says they're unhappy. Does this situation only occur for a short period, or should I start looking for replacements?

Mirallas worries me as he only has 18 months left on his contract.

Jagielka had done the same but I can hack losing him.

Thanks

Very helpful Hunt3r.

I play as Everton a lot but don't often get the wages thing - it's usually about joining a bigger club or whatever. Baines is usually no trouble at all, but Mirallas is always in my office. If you can't get Kev to the table then you might have to bite the bullet and sell him off. His agent should come around to talking, especially if you end up having a good season. How are you getting on? If you qualify for Europe you should be able to get back to the negotiating table in the summer.

Have a sense of humour.

The situation isn't a difficult one and the OP already did half of what I'd do. Sell at my valuation and I'd put it up to something I find acceptable. If an offer comes in, you sell. If not, he should drop his stance as soon as the window shuts and the clubs bugger off. Then I'd try get him to sign a new deal.

Also, OP, you should always be looking for replacements. Always look for better options. You don't necessarily have to act on it, but knowing they're there as your plan B in case you need to sell, helps.

I'd let them both to the highest bidder.

Garbutt develops into a premier league class defender and you can replace Mirallas with any number of prospects.

The money you should get can be re-invested and turn you into genuine contenders, so I'd get rid in a heartbeat.

Mirallas is hardly irreplaceable, flog him to the highest bidder and get a cheaper/younger/better replacement in.

Baines would be worth convincing to stay, since he qualifies as Home Grown.

Hold fire on the Mirallas hate, he's doing good things for me so far this season.

Thanks for the tips. Historically I always move on unhappy players but they've been my two highest rating. I find new players always ariskand take time to settle in so considering these two are the top goal sport and asassisterer, I'm Keen to keep them.

Had a slow start to the season but teams firing, hoping to sneak a champion's league slot if we keep going well.

Decided to utilize wing backs and have had Mirallas killing it as a false 9 next to lukaku.

Interesting thought I've only used such a feature for selling unwanted players.

After the January transfer Window, I got a message for all three players now wanted to stay as it appears those clubs were no longer interested.

Funnily though they All still had slight unhappy markers and wanted with those clubs listed.

Archived