I need help with player CA (current ability) editing

I need a bit of help. If i raise players current ability does it raise his stats also? Coz he is better player then? Or no? Also if it does not then how does that current ability and potential ability works? What if I have player with low stats but current ability of 199. Will he be world class or just average?

The CA represents a weighted "sum" of all the player's attributes - not all attributes count the same, for instance the physical ones "cost" more CA points than the mental ones. You can specify any attribute you like, but when you start a game, any attributes with the value 0 (random) will be randomized, but taking the CA into consideration. So just as an example:

1) If you set a player's CA to 199 and all his attributes to 0 (random), they will all be randomized to give a total CA of (circa) 199.

2) If you set his CA to 199, his acceleration and pace to 1 each and keep the rest random, his acc and pace will still be 1 when you start the game, but all the other attributes combined will be high enough to give a CA of (circa) 199.

I hope that answers your question.

The CA represents a weighted "sum" of all the player's attributes - not all attributes count the same, for instance the physical ones "cost" more CA points than the mental ones. You can specify any attribute you like, but when you start a game, any attributes with the value 0 (random) will be randomized, but taking the CA into consideration. So just as an example:

1) If you set a player's CA to 199 and all his attributes to 0 (random), they will all be randomized to give a total CA of (circa) 199.

2) If you set his CA to 199, his acceleration and pace to 1 each and keep the rest random, his acc and pace will still be 1 when you start the game, but all the other attributes combined will be high enough to give a CA of (circa) 199.

I hope that answers your question.

That doesn't work. You're saying it keeps pre-set values but randomizes 0's. What happens if I set the CA to be 199, but enter 1 for every attribute. It can't keep 1 for everything, so it must adjust every attribute in order to match the 199 CA.

That doesn't work. You're saying it keeps pre-set values but randomizes 0's. What happens if I set the CA to be 199, but enter 1 for every attribute. It can't keep 1 for everything, so it must adjust every attribute in order to match the 199 CA.

I'm not 100% which it does but it could alter the CA to match the attributes or as you say alter the attributes anyway to match the CA.

Positional ability will "cost" some CA points. If you edit a player to be accomplished in every position, it will cost a lot. The same with "footedness". Editing a player to be strong with both feet will "cost" some CA points.

As far as I am aware the game will adjust the zero/random attribute values first to bring them in line with the CA, then after these have been set the game will check the full attributes against the CA and adjust the 'fixed' attributes to bring them in line with the players CA, so if you set to many attributes to a fixed value way below a players CA they will be adjusted upwards but if you only set a couple they will be left to last. Same thing also happens in reverse - set everything to 20 (including all positions and preferred foot options as these also use up CA points) and a players attributes will be lowered on starting the game, as all 20 values would exceed the 200 point limit.

My main question is still unanswered :)

If i only edit CA will player starts raise automatically or over time or not at all if i dont edit them manual?

Thanks for other answers tho

FM will adjust the player's attributes to match the CA you have set, iirc it usually happens over a week or two.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood you. Are you talking about using the real-time editor? I was only referring to the official pre-game editor.

As far as I am aware the game will adjust the zero/random attribute values first to bring them in line with the CA, then after these have been set the game will check the full attributes against the CA and adjust the 'fixed' attributes to bring them in line with the players CA, so if you set to many attributes to a fixed value way below a players CA they will be adjusted upwards but if you only set a couple they will be left to last. Same thing also happens in reverse - set everything to 20 (including all positions and preferred foot options as these also use up CA points) and a players attributes will be lowered on starting the game, as all 20 values would exceed the 200 point limit.

That is pretty much my understanding too.

Positional ability will "cost" some CA points. If you edit a player to be accomplished in every position, it will cost a lot. The same with "footedness". Editing a player to be strong with both feet will "cost" some CA points.

Positional familiarity only changes how the attributes are weighted (e.g. for a centre-back, marking costs more CA than for a winger). Additional positions don't cost CA points, and training some players in more positions actually reduces their CA for the same attributes (training CBs to be decent DMs is a good one to squeeze a few extra attributes out of their potential).

Positional familiarity only changes how the attributes are weighted (e.g. for a centre-back, marking costs more CA than for a winger). Additional positions don't cost CA points, and training some players in more positions actually reduces their CA for the same attributes (training CBs to be decent DMs is a good one to squeeze a few extra attributes out of their potential).

If you use the IGE and give a player higher familiarity with a position, the CA value he needs in order to keep his attributes as they are, will increase. If you don't adjust that player's CA upwards, some of his attributes will start to decline. The same happens if you make one of his feet better. You can call it weighting if you like, I call it "costing" CA points.

If you use the IGE and give a player higher familiarity with a position, the CA value he needs in order to keep his attributes as they are, will increase. If you don't adjust that player's CA upwards, some of his attributes will start to decline. The same happens if you make one of his feet better. You can call it weighting if you like, I call it "costing" CA points.

Its not a direct factor of increasing the positional familiarity though.

Its an indirect affect. You increase the positional familiarity you increase the weighting of each relevant attribute which therefore costs more CA points.

I'm a researcher for FM16. I use the tools issued by SI for creating player profiles.

Different positional contributions have different effects on attribute costings. Some combinations, as you say, make attributes more expensive and in effect "cost" CA points.

But others end up making attributes cheaper. I ran into issues with one player (an AMC) where I wanted to reduce his familiarity at ST from 14 to 10 because I felt it was unrealistically high. Unfortunate side effect was that this made his CA jump UP 3 or 4 points (due to his specific spread of attributes, I doubt this effect would be seen in many AMCs), to beyond what I was allowed to assign him at his level.

When playing the game I've always trained my centrebacks to be familiar at DM. It makes them better players at the same CA/PA.

Weaker foot does cost PA points, same as other attributes.

Archived