Talking to the players

How often do you guys talk to your players? Until very recently I've hardly done this, but have just started having little chats with them (i.e. "Match Performance"->"Last Game" option under "Talk To Player") after the match, either praising or criticising as appropriate, and it seems to be doing wonders for individuals' morale. Is this some big secret nobody around here talks about?

I'm constantly talking to my players about performances, form, training & when needed their general conduct. Although there is very little evidence to support it this might be part of the reason why I have very few issues with player complaints.

I don't use this too much, except when my Assistant highlights the fact that it'd be a good idea to praise a certain player (Edit: and I agree with him). On FM15, I've never been in that much trouble that the players need the extra confidence boost. I let press conferences and team talks do my motivating.

I agree with Hunter here, I rarely ever use it

I did use it once or twice on FM12, when I wasn't scoring goals (to my star striker) but that was early on in the tactic

I don't think I've used it on FM15 though, except when I'm tapping up young startlets

I'm constantly talking to my players about performances, form, training & when needed their general conduct. Although there is very little evidence to support it this might be part of the reason why I have very few issues with player complaints.

Me too. I almost never have problems with complaints or morale.

I don't use it that much but I do use it sometimes.

I'll congratulate on international debuts & 1st goal, I use the captain to welcome a player to a club and I sometimes criticise/praise good/bad form. I used to do it monthly on older versions based on the AM end of month report but this seems to have disappeared on this version and we now just get a training report.

I probably could use it more but I'm a little reluctant as I often get the "I'll be going then and sure you'll be wanting me for something soon" end of conversation response.

I have never done this and don't have any issues with player complaints. The reason I don't use the functionality is that i fear that i accidentally start issues haha.

Each month I often have a chat with the people who's training has been highlighted by the assman. Similarly with the players who have had best or worse form in the space of time. On occasion it does wonders, on others not so much at all. Similarly with players out on loan not doing so well.

Which reminds me, what point is talking to a player on loan about his development now that we can't see his arrows or training graph whilst he is out on loan?

I don't use it that much but I do use it sometimes.

I'll congratulate on international debuts & 1st goal, I use the captain to welcome a player to a club and I sometimes criticise/praise good/bad form.

Oh yes. I definitely congratulate my players for those achievements too. Builds a better relationship. I probably should do praising/criticising of form more often, but currently I do it rarely.

Archived