Failed promises.

The text options don't make sense either.

In the above example, I had no option to say "You never mentioned Liverpool, stop moaning"

Usually with this kind of thing, I usually just say I will accept an offer that meets out valuation. However, if there is a player you want to keep and you select say "We can match your ambition" if he rejects this, you lose the "acceptable offer" option.

It wouldn't matter if you had received a fair offer from Inter, he would have refused it for salary reasons, just so he could remain and moan. I've had offers made, accepted them, and the players dumps the deal.

I do not think this works correctly. I have actively tried to get the players sold and they all complain come the end of the window when no one wants them. You need a response to say 'that you have tried and no one is interested'

I promised I would accept an acceptable from Inter.

I rejected an offer from Liverpool.

Promise broken.

How does that work?

Once he wants an offer from a particular team he means ANY team... happens all the time, maybe they just need to re-word it to "Accept offer from another team"

Another reason to avoid player interaction as much as possible. File along with press conferences under 'broken features'.

Short of playing FMC, you can't avoid it. If you speak to them, it all goes to crap, if you decline to speak to them, the game puts words in your mouth. I allegedly refused to give a player first-team play, I gave him a start, he was injured for two weeks, and now sources say I declined to give him first team soccer. He CAN'T EVEN PLAY, but now he's creating unrest in the locker room (although the captain thinks the player has mishandled the situation). Honestly, if this is the way the FM series is going, I'm out, it's not fun to change diapers of squalling little brats with a 6.10 rating who gets injured every other start.

Once he wants an offer from a particular team he means ANY team... happens all the time, maybe they just need to re-word it to "Accept offer from another team"

That isn't true. I've had a midfielder and a defender since the patch want to leave the club. One due to joining Manchester United as they're a bigger club and another Mancester City due wages they can offer. Once those teams interest were lost they were happy to stay.

I've never experienced people saying I've broke a promise with "any team" either. A few seasons ago when I was in the Championship my star striker wanted to leave for a club that was interested him in the Premiership, only I said I'd accept if that club came in, they didn't, another came in, I rejected and he's still here.

Archived