How to get u18 players playing in my u21 side?

Playing as Chelsea first season, most of my U21 squad are out on loan so when it comes to playing U21 games only the three players in the squad are selected with the rest being filled about by greyed out players. Is there anyway i can get my Under 18's to fill these spaces? If i click "make available for u21 squad", the players then don't get picked for the under 18 squad?! So confusing as i'm sure it worked in previous versions?!

Is it just me that's having this issue, but for U21 & Uefa Youth League games, as Chelsea, my u21 manager is only picking u21 players and regens to fill the squad, he never picks under 18 players, even thought i only have 4 u21 players in the whole u21 squad, is there anyway to fix this? Beginning to really frustrate me.

Can't get any Under 18 players to become available to play for my U21 squad, my ass manager just picks regens rather than filling out the squad with under 18 players! I try to make them available for the u21 squad, but then they become unavailable for the u18 squad, it's getting ridiculous, they don't get automatically picked, and if i make them manually available then they don't become available for their own squad! Is anyone else having this problem?!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but my U21 manager keeps picking players I've transfer listed & set as not needed ahead of players I want to get match fit. If I move the not needed players to the U18's am I right in thinking they'll be unable to play in the 18's and also won't get picked for the u21's?

please help me here, this is driving me insane. As Chelsea, my U21 manager was only picking u21 players ( only like 4/5 in the squad ) and filling out the rest of the squad with regens instead of u18 players. I then move the better players into the u21 squad and make them available for under 18 games, which then makes them not available for u21 games, also it seems that none of my players are available for european youth league games? What is going on?!!!

My players are now not available for u21 games?! they're in the squad, and available for under 18 games, but my u21 manager is now only picking players who arn't marked available for u21 games or regens!!!!

Why are you making them available for U18 games if you want them to play U21 games?

Having so many probems, and would love to know if anyone else is having this issue as its driving me crazy. I'm Chelsea, when i start a new game, my better under 18 players are found in the u21 squad, now i want these players, (Boga, Solanke, Musonda & Brown) to be available for both the u21 and u18 squads, because i think playing lots of games would be good for them, and two i have no players really in my u21 squad. Now, if i put them in the u18 squad, but make them available for the u21 squad, they don't get picked for either squad, if i put them in the under 21 squad, and make them available for the u18 squad, they only play for the under 18's and are not available for the u21 squad, even though they are in the squad, its becoming a joke as my assistant manager won't select them at all, and will play greyed out players, if i don't select them for the squads, please help me?! The youth league is an absolute joke with squad selection too, i really don't know what to do!

I want my players like Dom Solanke to be available for both U21 and U18 fixtures, because 1, i believe they're good enough, and 2, my assmanager keeps filling out my u21 squad with regens, id rather give game time to my players!

Are your U21 and U18 fixtures scheduled on the same day? If not then just manually switch them back and forth.

thats what i think i'm going to have to do, is the system working for you? Or is it just me?

Its just you tbh.

Its unrealistic for a player to play both U18 & U21 matches.

Pick a squad for them to be in and let your staff pick them as they see fit. There is absolutely no need for them to be playing both age group matches and if anything you run the risk of burning the player out.

Would love to know if anyone else is having this issue as its driving me crazy. I'm Chelsea, when i start a new game, my better under 18 players are found in the u21 squad, now i want these players, (Boga, Solanke, Musonda & Brown) to be available for both the u21 and u18 squads, because i think playing lots of games would be good for them, and two i have no players really in my u21 squad. Now, if i put them in the u18 squad, but make them available for the u21 squad, they don't get picked for either squad, if i put them in the under 21 squad, and make them available for the u18 squad, they only play for the under 18's and are not available for the u21 squad, even though they are in the squad, its becoming a joke as my assistant manager won't select them at all, and will play greyed out players, if i don't select them for the squads, please help me?! The youth league is an absolute joke with squad selection too, i really don't know what to do!

Archived