Fixture Congestion - Unrealistic or Tough Luck for doing well

Im a fair few seasons in now and been a on a great run of competitions finding myself with the World Club Championship Winners, League Cup Winners, FA Cup and Champions leauge Semi Finalists meaning lots of EPL fixtures have been moved again and again. I've now realised I have 4 EPL fixtures in the last week of the season and 3 in 5 days.

Has anyone else had this issue when progressing in multiple competions? There werent any cup replays eitehr thankfully. I just have to hope my squad stays fit as I'm still fighting for Champions League qualification as it stands.

I cant remember any club in real life having such a congested fixture list :thdn:

I had this "problem" in my third season as Liverpool, although I didn't have the Club World Championship like you did.

- Finished third in my European Cup Group, but won the UEFA Cup

- Two FA Cup replays against Championship sides

- FA Cup finalist, but lost to Stoke on penalties

- League Cup semi-finalist (two legs, of course), but lost to Spurs

- Finished second in the league

At one point, I had three senior strikers injured and had to play Markovic up front, as well as signing an emergency left winger in January because two options in that position got injured. At least nobody complains about lack of first team action!

• 1 month later...

If you compete on multiple fronts, and especially if some games are postponed/you get a replay, then it will often be like hell at the end of the season, with fixtures every other day or worse for weeks. It's really been like this for some years, and I don't understand why. Is this really that hard to fix? It would of course never happen in real life.

If you compete on multiple fronts, and especially if some games are postponed/you get a replay, then it will often be like hell at the end of the season, with fixtures every other day or worse for weeks. It's really been like this for some years, and I don't understand why. Is this really that hard to fix? It would of course never happen in real life.

If you were to go all the way in all competitions and had the Club World Championship to compete in as well? Yes, it would. The only reason it doesn't is because it rarely, if ever, happens in real life.

Just to give an example, In Barcelona's first season under Pep they won the Treble. They played 62 games that season, not including friendlies. Barça had 4 months where they played 8 or 9 games, which comes down to a game roughly every three days. And that is without a Supercup, League Cup and Club World Championship to play in, which would mount it to an excessive 75 games or so.

If you were to go all the way in all competitions and had the Club World Championship to compete in as well? Yes, it would. The only reason it doesn't is because it rarely, if ever, happens in real life.

Just to give an example, In Barcelona's first season under Pep they won the Treble. They played 62 games that season, not including friendlies. Barça had 4 months where they played 8 or 9 games, which comes down to a game roughly every three days. And that is without a Supercup, League Cup and Club World Championship to play in, which would mount it to an excessive 75 games or so.

That is little more than 2 games a week on average.

Playing two games virtually every other day towards the end of the season in FM is certainly excessive

Playing two games virtually every other day towards the end of the season in FM is certainly excessive

This will become a problem only in england if you win all the competitions available.If you are the defending champions league winner, you have to go to the world club cup add to that the fa cup with its replays plus if you reach the league cup semis which is 2 legged then games will really pile up

This will become a problem only in england if you win all the competitions available.If you are the defending champions league winner, you have to go to the world club cup add to that the fa cup with its replays plus if you reach the league cup semis which is 2 legged then games will really pile up

As Jumbohotdog stated, it's only an issue in England because of the extra cup you compete in, and because of the games that are moved due to the World Club Championship.

Archived