How to defend vs long throws?

Is there any way to set your team up to defend throw ins?

Conceding a lot of goals due to the thrower having at least 1 un marked man to throw too and then crossing it in and scoring the header. I know yu can do it for corners and free kicks but can't find the option for defensive throw-ins?

Can anyone help me?

Hi, I'm currently in a network game with a friend. He plays Chelsea, I play Arsenal.

The problem I'm having is the long throw-in from Azpilicueta. He creates tons of chances from it against every team he meets. Sometimes he scores from a header directly from the throw, sometimes when the ball drops loose in the box. Most of the times, though, he creates the chance AFTER it has been cleared.

The ball gets thrown-in, defender clears upfield. The ball gets played back and there is immediate danger.

How do I defend against it? Is it a known issue that they are overpowered?

In short words, SI kinda dropped the ball on set pieces this year. Would love some sort of confirmation that this is being worked on as it is slowly, but surely, killing my love for the game. Impossible to wrench the league title from him as he scores 1-2 goals from this almost every game.

Anyone know when SI plans to drop the next update on the game?

New season, same problem. Community Shield, he creates no more than 2 clear cut chances off a throw-in, as well as a goal. I'm starting to get really frustrated by not having a rat's chance in hell of beating him since he has that motherf****r Azpilicueta. He beat Real Madrid, Dortmund and Barcelona that way too, scoring every winning goal from a throw-in.

How many goals did Stoke get from throw-ins back in the day when Delap fired cannonballs into the box? Sure, when the element of surprise got the better of teams they scored a few, but after a while they maybe got 1-2 goals a season from it. And considering they had 6-7 players around 6' 5'' that was kinda expected.

Still, in this game, Azpilicueta can launch balls into the box at a CB or two and get 20 goals out of it pr season.

[ ] Story checks out

Archived