Euro Cup, Caital One cup fixtures.

I let it go last season. I didn't complain, but playing in the Euro Cup is a nightmare. I understand that matches are played on Thursdays for TV. That's how it is in real life. And I can understand that I play my EPL league match on the following Sunday. But why oh why can't my Capital One cup match be pushed out to Wednesday. I get that UEFA cup games are played on a Thursday, but why insist on league cup games on a Tuesday.This schedule is destroying my team, morale and form at the most pivotal time of the season. In the real world the match would never be played on a Tuesday, immediately after a Sunday league game. IMO fixture congestion for FM 15 really needs looking at.

Every year I have problems around Easter. Usually a Saturday match, then a bank holiday Monday match ( which is fair enough, ) but if you've been doing well in cup competitions, you get a Wednesday league game also, and it always coincides with a long break after ( not an international break, ) when you don't play for 10 days. No idea why it's like this but it has happened in every season of this current save.

I haven't looked at it in detail but picking a random club from last season - Spurs.

They played their 3rd Round League Cup match on Tuesday 24th September (away to Aston Villa) two days after beating Cardiff away in the Premier League (Sunday 22nd September).

To say a match would never be played on a Tuesday after a Sunday game IRL is clearly wrong, the question is how often does it happen?

I let it go last season. I didn't complain, but playing in the Euro Cup is a nightmare. I understand that matches are played on Thursdays for TV. That's how it is in real life. And I can understand that I play my EPL league match on the following Sunday. But why oh why can't my Capital One cup match be pushed out to Wednesday. I get that UEFA cup games are played on a Thursday, but why insist on league cup games on a Tuesday.This schedule is destroying my team, morale and form at the most pivotal time of the season. In the real world the match would never be played on a Tuesday, immediately after a Sunday league game. IMO fixture congestion for FM 15 really needs looking at.

Every year I have problems around Easter. Usually a Saturday match, then a bank holiday Monday match ( which is fair enough, ) but if you've been doing well in cup competitions, you get a Wednesday league game also, and it always coincides with a long break after ( not an international break, ) when you don't play for 10 days. No idea why it's like this but it has happened in every season of this current save.

The more successful you are on FM the more fixture congestion there will be. Normally IRL if a side played a League game on a Sunday the following cup match would be a Wednesday although last season Spurs played Thurs-Sun-Tues in three different competitions.

Wait until you win the CL on FM then you will have fixture problems. Again in RL if you have a European Super Cup fixture as Chelsea did last season the league match that was due to be played that weekend would be moved to the first midweek of the season as it was last year. But in FM it gets pushed to the first clear week AFTER the Super Cup which is the week of the Capital One Cup. After winning the CL with Cambridge i had two seasons in a row where from the last Tuesday in November until the end of the season i played ever weekend and ever midweek. If i had any cup replays then i would have been forced into two midweek fixtures.

Success does breed plenty more fixtures but in reality you need to reach the Semi Finals of all competitions and have an FA Cup replay to really ruin the fixture list. It doesn't happen in real life because teams simply aren't that successful so you can't really compare to how its done on FM. If we see the likes of Man City steamroll next season then you would likely see more Sun-Tue matches or two midweek games.

It does happen IRL too.I'm sure Iv'e heard Mourhinio,Wenger and SAF complain about it before so your in good company.

Do you have Real life fixtures checked for first season? I suppose it's how you prioritise your competition,and Wednesday LC tend to be TV fixtures

Thu 19/09/13 UEL Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 0 Tromso

Sun 22/09/13 PRL Cardiff City 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

Tue 24/09/13 LEC Aston Villa 0 - 4 Tottenham Hotspur

I'm guessing your board won't have high expectations for the COC so why not just field a team of youngsters to avoid your first team taking a morale hit? Other teams do it so you can still win games and have a good cup run.

Looking at the fixtures from Chelsea 2012/13 season where they won the Europa League and reached the Semi Final of both domestic competitions they played weekend/midweek every week from Saturday 29th September to the end of the season. There are four occasions where this didn't play twice a week. The October international window, the November international window and the March international window. The only blank midweek was between 2/2/13 and 2/9/13. Those fixtures included two FA Cup replays and had they beat Swansea in the LC Semi Final there would have been no clear space for them to play the rearranged league match with Man City or West Brom (depending the date of the Final) and again if they had beat Man City in the FA Semi Final when would the league trip to Aston Villa been played??

I think Club's prefer the LC played on a Tuesday as they prioritise a longer rest towards the next League match rather than before a LC game.

A lot of times it is pre-determined before the season starts.

Take Arsenal and Spurs. They won't be at home on the same day in cup competitions so before the season starts talks between the two clubs and the police decide which one will play on a Tuesday and which on a Wednesday should they both be drawn at home.

That barely even registers on the scale of fixture congestion in FM. I had four matches in five days (including three in three at the end) in South America, which included decisive matches in the Brazilian Cup, league and the Libertadores. That isn't normal. Your case...well, it's fairly normal. Just throw the Capital One Cup unless you have the squad for it - you wouldn't be the first manager to do it.

Ok all of this is fair enough. I'll have to go back through old fixtures to give better examples. I know when I was coming through the divisions I had exactly the same issue, season after season around Easter ( Capital One cup wasn't an issue as I'd already been knocked out by that point. ) Always a Saturday, Monday, Wednesday followed by a period of 10 days without a game. When I get home I'll have a look for some examples.

Btw, I'm not complaining about fixture congestion, I've managed at a top club before that has won everything, I'm talking mainly about why on earth if you're involved in the Euro cup not have your midweek capital cup game pushed to a Wednesday. Just seems like the game has "Tuesday" is Capital Cup game regardless of anything, any fixtures etc. The Easter time fixture is simply ridiculous, especially when such a long break always follows. Like I said, I'll try and find some examples.

Ok all of this is fair enough. I'll have to go back through old fixtures to give better examples. I know when I was coming through the divisions I had exactly the same issue, season after season around Easter ( Capital One cup wasn't an issue as I'd already been knocked out by that point. ) Always a Saturday, Monday, Wednesday followed by a period of 10 days without a game. When I get home I'll have a look for some examples.

Btw, I'm not complaining about fixture congestion, I've managed at a top club before that has won everything, I'm talking mainly about why on earth if you're involved in the Euro cup not have your midweek capital cup game pushed to a Wednesday. Just seems like the game has "Tuesday" is Capital Cup game regardless of anything, any fixtures etc. The Easter time fixture is simply ridiculous, especially when such a long break always follows. Like I said, I'll try and find some examples.

I think the Emailing the FA might get a better answer.I think SI just follow their criteria certainly more for the first season.

Wait until you win the CL on FM then you will have fixture problems. Again in RL if you have a European Super Cup fixture as Chelsea did last season the league match that was due to be played that weekend would be moved to the first midweek of the season as it was last year. But in FM it gets pushed to the first clear week AFTER the Super Cup which is the week of the Capital One Cup. After winning the CL with Cambridge i had two seasons in a row where from the last Tuesday in November until the end of the season i played ever weekend and ever midweek. If i had any cup replays then i would have been forced into two midweek fixtures.

In my game the League game on Super Cup weekend is moved to the first midweek of the season, the only time this doesn't happen is when one of the sides is also involved in a European game in that midweek.

In my game the League game on Super Cup weekend is moved to the first midweek of the season, the only time this doesn't happen is when one of the sides is also involved in a European game in that midweek.

Just looked back at mine, two of the three League games were moved to September, once of which was rearranged so much i played them for the first time in April and then on the last day! The other one fixture was moved, as you say, to the first midweek.

Archived