My Big Fat GK can score more than your Big Fat GK (Blast from the past challenge).

8 goals in 38 matches is great, Gio is a beast! 5/8 penalties is decent, could use some improvement though, maybe some specific training every week could help? What's his attributes for penalties? And can you post a screenshot of him if you haven't already?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pen attribute is 3 and Free Kicks attribute is 5.

I'very added it to the GK goals page at the end so anyone who is interested can have a look.

Apologies for that previous post. That is meant to be in the San Marino thread.

I will post a pic of Gio's profile in the next couple of days when I get a chance.

I'm not really interested in training his set-piece attributes. I need all his CA to be focused on the GK role.

If and when I get to the stage that I am dominating domestically, the and only then will I look to spend some of his CA on non-GK areas.

From what I remember, penalties isn't a 'weighted' attribute for anyone and certainly not a GK. Not so sure about free kicks so will need to check.

Can i use a thin goalkeeper or does he have to be fat? Also what weight are you using to determine 'fattness'

Haha. Any GK is fine.

The title of the thread actually comes from an old LLM term. Back in the day in that particular forum, you weren't allowed to name your players so when describing your players, you had to be more inventive. GK's for some reason just used to be ignored and in the main were just classed as "my fat GK".

I have a feeling that this specifically relates to 1 particular real GK, but I can't remember who it was. It's possible that it was Paul Bastock who made 1,000+ career appearances, (and 500+ for Boston Utd alone), but I'm not positive about that.

So yeah. "Fat GK" was just a generic term for every useless non-league stopper the World over. :thup:

I haven't played much, but a quick update coming in to the 2043-44 season, Canini is currently on 93 goals...

33 at International level and 60 for the Club side

He is currently 28 years and 4 months of age, so I have confidence that should I get back into the swing of things, he will get to the 100 mark this season.

• 2 weeks later...

SMR%20Goalscoring%20GKs%20Jun%202027_zpspv2tercf.png

Fortunately/unfortunately depending on your point of view, all of his goal this season came from the spot. (He was at least 6/6 and 100% from the spot which is a little surprising considering her has a penalty attribute of just 3.

SMR%20All%20Time%20Goalscoring%20GKs%20Jun%202027_zpsom9lfz5r.png

(22c) Gio (SMR) (Det) has now scored 23 career goals and still hasn't turned 21.

Long time since I've been on here! Good to see this thread is still plodding along.. Real life has gotten in the way of things lately, but I'll be starting up my first FM16 save before too long, and will no doubt be looking for a goal scoring keeper to add to the mix

Lucio is back! Canini is unhappy about this.

:lol:

I must admit, I am currently playing FM16 while holidaying FM14 in the background.

FM16 is going ok but we look set to lose our 1st FM14 Serie A title in 10 years unless I can somehow overturn a 7 point deficit over the last 9 games, (we do play leaders AC Milan though so call it a 4 point defecit). ;)

We also trail Atletico 1-0 after the 1st leg of the Champions League 1st Knockout Round, but the 2nd leg is at home so we should sneak through.

Lúcio has scored 6 goals so far this season, in 40(1) appearances, and there are a maximum of either 15 games, (I think), still to play.

There is a GK in my team who wants to take part in this competition.

Do international u21 appearances count?

Oh, yes, he was also asking if all goals must be scored across the field, or if he can score into his own net "only if I am really too tired to run across the field"

How old is Lucio?

He's currently 36 years old and has now moved on to 174 goals in March 2047.

His short-term plans are "no immediate plans for the future".

He is contracted to June 2049, (so 2 more seasons), and then I have an option for a further year after that.

Is 200 a possibility I wonder?

I have Burin Abazi, An Belgian/Albanian who is on 50 with his 20th birthday 3 months away. this has come in about 4 seasons at anderlecht. Now both of us are in Sporting Portugal. Should he hold on till his late thirties, he should easily get to 200.

Would love to see some screenshots.

What version of the game are you playing?

Cool. Excellent. :applause:

If you go to your squad page, and then to the drop-down menu towards the top left hand side, you can select "Stats - All Time" which will show all his appearances and goals on 1 screen for his entire career. (club career that is because I see he has 2 INT goals too). :thup:

Does he have any interesting PPM's?

No just showing 39.

I think that is because he switched clubs(and countries)?

EDIT:Yes, that is the reason, because now that he has scored in the Europa league for Sporting, it shows 40.

And no PPMs because he was always training for penalties with intensity set to Heavy.

Also, there are no PPMs like "Likes to leave the goal to try and score" so I saw no use, really.

Might put him in the outfield in some game to see if that helps

No just showing 39.

I think that is because he switched clubs(and countries)?

EDIT:Yes, that is the reason, because now that he has scored in the Europa league for Sporting, it shows 40.

And no PPMs because he was always training for penalties with intensity set to Heavy.

Also, there are no PPMs like "Likes to leave the goal to try and score" so I saw no use, really.

Are you sure?

There should be 4 different columns.

AT APPS. All Time Appearances.

AT LGE APPS. All Time League Appearances.

AT GLS. All Time Goals.

AT LGE GLS. All Time League Goals.

This is what it looks like on FM14.

FM14_zpsfjt7j4at.png

This is what it looks like on FM16.

FM16_zps27oz2qki.png

All league/competitive games for all clubs in a career are included even if the player moves clubs or even countries.

Just for the record, in my experience, the penalty attribute has very little relevance on the outcome of a penalty, so you might want to reconsider the training.

Look, feel free how to play your game how you want it, but if he doesn't play in goal then he's no longer a GK. In terms of this thread, it's really a bit of a no-no. In older issues of FM, (when this Fat GK thing started), there were dual position players where you could be both an outfield player and a GK at the same time, (it might still be possible but if it is it is certainly significantly less common), but the general opinion back in the day was that these players actually had to play in goal for it to count in this challenge.

There is no way we can check, but we trust that everyone keeps to the same spirit.

By the sounds of it, Abazi is doing very well in goal as it is and doesn't need to play outfield anyway. :thup:

Can you, for example, check for some player who did not play his entire career at the same club?

Here is another example from my save. Introducing Jose Carlos, Barca Striker

GKXhAGi.png

His all time league goals is 12 less than his All time goals. This means that in all Continental and Cup competitions combined he has scored 10 goals. Now here are his stats from 2040

TuqTdPp.png

He scored 12 goals in the continental competition.

As for Burim, here are the yearly screenshots. He has never played outfield, just a joke, on my side.

He came in when he was barely 14, and the league, and I was not in charge.

rNq5sYm.png

In the next season, I arrived, and he got his chance. Well, he started to score as well.

bRD75uc.png

He was made the preferred Goalkeeper ahead of two others who were clearly better. He paid back with a dozen goals.

pjcQhM6.png

Back to back 15s for him then. He was made the Vice captain, and also got the opportunity to captain the team in the Champions league, still in his teens:

WHypjcQ.png

MNFd2pT.png

Then I left Anderlecht. Before leaving, I set him a REALLY low release clause, so i could get him to move to Portugal without having to spend hugely. Sadly though, while I could move in September, He had to wait till January, and that too in the reserves. I got the belgium job though, and He started scoring for his country:

YZBV2zM.png

Finally, w reunited. He scored half a dozen in half a season with Europa and Taca Finals yet to happen

YmPglJU.png

So 2+12+15+15+2+2+6=54;

Yeah. I have checked it at both my players and players at other clubs who have moved clubs and it seems fine in both FM14 & FM16. Maybe it's a problem that's limited to FM15, (which I skipped).

As long as you know what he's on though and have the screenshots, then that's brilliant. :thup:

How much is Abazi's figure out by? Is it just a single goal or is it more than that?

If it's a single goal, I wonder if he's scored in the equivalent of the Charity shield and for some reason it hasn't triggered.

Burim seems to have changed his priorities. Through two seasons, an European Championship, and some WC qualifiers, he has added only 20 goals to his tally, and one of these was in the Taca final after the previous update. However, he grabbed the most shutouts this season, and I am worried that he may be taking Goalkeeping too seriously.

I do not have many backdated saves, so can afford only the latest profile pic. He has really shiny stats, though.

vrmRDeY.png

Now some year by year scoring patterns.

This one I had already shared, but he added one in the taca final, so an update:

R0BfRUZ.png

Now the rest, back to back 43/44 to 46/47

rFmLBjd.png

6bnBnvY.png

SikIBKH.png

NnEjgpC.png

Basically, he never went past 10, which is sad. But given his age I still have hope. Here is the current season, where he scored his 100th goal

Edit: I actually miscalculated, he was on 98 when these screenshots were posted. Presently, though, he has made it past 100, so no follies there.

SUdrlwU.png

Canini may be in a spot of bother to catch Lucio, who seems to be scoring at an incredible rate... Canini only has 2 so far this season and he is struggling to reach double figures each year.

with around 10 years left, I am seeing a total of around 170-180 should he continue at his current rate.

r66KPoW.jpg

dfhKAa8.jpg

=Okay, so last time I posted till 46/47, I will carry on from there till 50/51:

lEiL9yW.png

yWVZgA4.png

SbNBCTu.png

Ow1vdrY.png

So there it is, 95+14+11+17+12=149.

He achieved the brilliant 150 in the ongoing season, which I shall post later, but you can get a sneak peek in the next snapshot of his profile:

rsr2QfC.png

And then, here is how the world sees him:

K2kcseT.png

I dare say that he has reached his peak now, and will not improve. However, he is likely to stay on top for another 3 years or so. Even after that, he can continue to score goals for as long as he likes, and I am hoping he plays even into his 40s, like Buffon and Neuer. 200 will be achieved. Is 250 a possibility?

Just putting in two points here:

• It seems that people doing the San marino Challenge have a special affinity for this challenge. While it is good to do two challenges at the same time, I do not see how you will be able to realise the ability of a keeper to the full. I mean, you will always have to make sure that he is decent in keeping as well, so cannot give him many games while he is in his teens. that means you are losing on about 5 years and 50 goals
  • For anyone who wants to start this challenge fresh, I would suggest trying to do it in Brazil. A brazillian season, even if you do not participate in any cup or continental competitions, you get about 55 games in a season, a rarity in any european country

Just putting in two points here:

• It seems that people doing the San marino Challenge have a special affinity for this challenge. While it is good to do two challenges at the same time, I do not see how you will be able to realise the ability of a keeper to the full. I mean, you will always have to make sure that he is decent in keeping as well, so cannot give him many games while he is in his teens. that means you are losing on about 5 years and 50 goals
  • For anyone who wants to start this challenge fresh, I would suggest trying to do it in Brazil. A brazillian season, even if you do not participate in any cup or continental competitions, you get about 55 games in a season, a rarity in any european country

Very well done on your progress Sankalan. :thup:

Of course you are correct that it would be easier if we were managing someone else, but that's who we are managing so...... well that's it. The save comes first and what happens with individual players comes 2nd. It's really just to add a little spice to things.

I completely agree it would be easier if we managed a bigger club or indeed played in a league where it was easy to dominate, but you have to remember that for both myself and Leon, the San Marino club side was the best team in the world in our save.

Brazil is just about perfect as a host Nation because you have the added advantage of playing such a large number of games compared to other leagues, and the gulf between the better teams in the league and the weakest is pretty wide.

In Brazil I think you have played 64 games in 1 season with your current GK, (and I'm pretty sure that Abazi didn't play in every possible game in Brazil).

In Italy, even if you play both Super-Cups and get to the Final of every competition, it's only......38(League), +2(Super Cups), +13(Champions League), +5(Italian Cup), +2(World Championship)... so that's a max of 60 games.

Even if we say that 64 games in Brazil is a max, (and I'm pretty sure it's more than that), an extra 4 games per season might add up to 80+ games over the course of a 20 year career. 80 additional games with a scoring ratio of a goal approx every 5 or so games is another 16 goals.

I had a go with a team playing in Gibraltar in FM14 and there were only.... either 12 or 14 league games in that league season and I still think I got a 28yo GK to 77 league goals which is decent going. I'm tempted to go and give that save another go, but I'm more likely to try and do something similar in FM16.

I'm pretty sure that I can get to 200+ with Lúcio if I keep playing. I haven't played a single game for over a week I don't think, and both my saves are in the close season. I'm busy at work at the moment and it's hard to find the time and the motivation. It would be great if I could stick with it until I hit the 200 mark.

I don't think I can compete with Abazi though. He really is great.

Anything past 201 will give you the record I think because I am likely to call it a day at that stage.

Sinkalan you're doing amazing with your GK. I'm waiting for 16.3 to get back to my Red Bull Brasil save (I might have found an unlikely south african regen candidate as my scoring GK...) and yeah Brazil is a very good fit for this challenge, with over 70 games each season between regional championship, national championship, local cup and continental cups!

Just to clarify, I am also not playing in Brazil, I am in Portugal. It was just an advice to anyone who wanted to start afresh. And Abazi is not too great, he just got to start early: while Lucio was still praying that he would get a chance in the first team, Abazi was made the vice captain of Anderlecht(before moving to Sporting Portugal at 20) ;)

I am having another crisis, which may prevent Abazi from achieving his promise. Basically, despite winning the Champions league almost every year for the past decade, The board has stuck to 5 million an year sponsors. Now that means that we are losing money very fast. For the past few years, this was okay, i sold a player, and board provided a 30 m cash injection, and we stayed in the positive. But the last year, they took drastic steps, reducing the payroll from 28 million/month to 13 million/month, leaving me with only 1 million of excess wage budget. also they slashed my 153 million transfer budget(built up solely from player sales in a 40% retained system) to 1 million. I still accepted it.

Another player was sold, and I had 14 million transfer budget, and had a player in mind who i wanted in my team, and suddenly, this was again slashed to 1 million, and leaving me negative in wages. The Expectations still remain to reach final of Champions league and win everything else. I just cannot tolerate this. I have loaded Brazil, and will move at the first chance. If Burim moves with me, then fine, or else it will be the end of both our careers, even if he stays at 194 goals

Okay, so the big news is that Burim Abazi is probably the first Goalkeeper to score 200 career goals. Here are his season stats from 51/52 to 55/56

GwDHDtC.png

MxdNOuA.png

RbZRKxZ.png

JwqmPBM.png

qmcdkWo.png

149+12+7+16+8+13=205

This done, I moved as promised to Botafogo. This club is completely opposite to Sporting. In sporting, I had a world Class squad, Negligible (excess)wage and transfer budget and Extreme expectations, with a -$100m in the bank(or $100m debt). In Botafogo, the squad is useless, but the transfer budget is huge, $150m, and there is over $550m in the bank. Moreover, they do not expect more than a mid table finish. Here is Burim's Latest profile

SAQAsAg.png

Shaved off his head, only hoping that he does not have cancer, or something in that region. Anyway, the new Sporting manager was only too happy to get rid of one of the highest paid players at the club, and I got him for a bargain.

Now in Botafogo, he is the best player at the club by a good margin. Should get plenty of games, AND goals in the 6-7 years that are left in him. Finally, here is his Biography:

2wElalH.png

It does not seem that I will get anywhere clse to 300, it is the second season and the National league is half done, but Abazi still sits on 222 goals.

I lost the Belgium job after failing to go beyond the group stages in the world cup, and abazi declared his International retirement soon after.

I realised that the Brazillian season was not as long as it seemed, unless you were in the continental competitions. So, I decided to splash the cash. In another part of the world, Juventus finished outside the UEFA CL places and their two best players, both wingers, got upset. They were transfer listed and I got them both at a combined price of about $100million as well as inflated salaries.

Out there in Europe, they were just quality players. Here in South America, which has been further drained of quality in the past half century, they are Buldozers. So we are buldozing Brazil at present, and hoping to get Abazi to 250, atleast, before he decides to hang his boots.

i havent had the chance to jump in for a while. I have had a lot of work and personal family issues to deal with, but i still follow. I will hope to keep my save going until canini retires, no matter how long it takes me. I don't know if he will get 200 as my goals per season has been dropping to around 5-6 as of late. but we shall see. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

So, Making a Staggering loss of $131million in a season, we managed to win almost everything:the Rio State Championship, The Brasilearo, The Copa Libertadores and the Clubs World Cup. We did not win the Copa do Brasil, but that was hard luck. The obvious problem with bulldozers is that they get injured, and called on international duty, and we have no replacements. In the mean while, I continue to spend, this time $30million for the best Brazilian striker around.

Meanwhile, Abazi scored just 5 times in 78 total appearances, so even 250 is seeming difficult.