My Big Fat GK can score more than your Big Fat GK (Blast from the past challenge).

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after 2 goals in his previous 45 appearances, LĂșcio (F.Pro) * has just gone and spanked in a hat-trick.:cool:

SMR%20Lucio%20Hat-Trick%20Apr%202044_zpshulkfxbq.png

He actually should have had 4, but he missed a 2nd pen, (or more accurately it was saved).

SMR%20Lucio%20Missed%20Pen_zpsan5ztdp2.png

To top it all, he also grabbed an assist.

SMR%20Lucio%20stats_zpsfmnsehcv.png

Because he missed a pen, (or had it saved), and because he conceded a goal, (a deflected OG), he still didn't get the MOM award and instead it went to my lone striker who grabbed 1 goal and 3 assists.

That means he has now scored 133 goals in 769 appearances.

SMR%20Lucio%20All%20Time%20Stats%20Apr%202044._zpszncd4hiy.png

A penalty in the Champions League Final made it 8 goals for the season, (and 6 in the last 9 games), but it wasn't enough to secure victory against a Juve team who were simply better on the day. (No complaints).

136 goals in 777 games for LĂșcio (F.Pro) * at a rate of a goal every 5.71 games.

I haven't really got an answer as to why he scored so well at the end of the season again but so poorly earlier on. I have a feeling that I tinkered with the tactics at the beginning of the season and I think that I was still thinking about managing the (GIB) save and so my thinking might have been slightly skewed. It took me a while to sort it all out, (remember that I am no longer actually playing games, I'm just pressing the IR button), so tweaking tactics just based on match and player stats is a bit of a laborious process.

What are your plans for FM16 Leon?

Are you going to give it a miss and continue with the save, or are you going to start again with FM16?

Lucio will hang up his gloves, (and boots), on FM16 release day, so I am trying to score as many as I can with him before then. (I don't really care about the save other than his goal-scoring exploits),

I will probably continue until the new year at the earliest, maybe a month or two later. I don't play as much as I did earlier due to time constraints, but I would like to play until Morra retires and hits the 1000 club, and hopefully until Canini hits the 100 club :)

I do not see San Marino (Int) winning anything on this save, though we have a few talented players, but I won't hang on to this save for any international glory, just the GK goals ;)

Are you including his international goals in the total, or only the club goals?

Canini is still relatively early in his career, however he has 20 for club and 16 for country, so that 16 would be quite a boost to his overall total when he retires should they count.

Are you including his international goals in the total, or only the club goals?

Just his club goals.

Lucio is (ITA) rather than (SMR) so I have no control over INT performances.

Yes of course INT goals count for Canini.

How I see it is....

League goals is 1 area.

Total club goals is another area.

INT goals is another.

Total career goals is the ultimate.

Just his club goals.

Lucio is (ITA) rather than (SMR) so I have no control over INT performances.

Yes of course INT goals count for Canini.

How I see it is....

League goals is 1 area.

Total club goals is another area.

INT goals is another.

Total career goals is the ultimate.

At the rate he scores, he will be lucky to reach 100 though I would think

The way that LĂșcio (F.Pro) * goes on streaks is a little strange. He goes for ages scoring very infrequently, and then.... whammo! He just can't stop scoring.

This is his sequence of goals in games, the left being at the beginning of the season and the right beinh at the end of the season.

He only scored 1 goal in the opening 12 games of the season and only 5 goals in the opening 33 games of the season. Contrastingly, he scored 14 goals in the last 24 games of the season, (including a run of 8 goals in 6 games).

I have never hit 20 goals in a season with a GK, (this was soooo close because he had 2 pens saved and also other players took pens on either 2 or 3 occasions).

SMR%20Lucio%202044-45%20Season_zpstuy5ahcn.png

SMR%20Lucio%20Season%20Stats%20May%202045_zpsbotkcy8v.png

SMR%20Lucio%20All%20Time%20Stats%20May2045_zpsqsqpktbs.png

Lucio may have played his last game, (maybe), but upon returning to (GIB) I am quite surprised by how many goals Tandy has scored.

(Interesting that they are both (F.Pro) by the way.

The reason for this post is that he has just slammed in a hat-trick.

GIB%20Hat-Trick%20for%20Tandy%20Dec%202037_zpsu5hqtkag.png

Tandy has now scored 79 goals in 325 appearances at a rate of a goal every 4.11 games, (which is quite extraordinary).

Very good rate.... I do recall you saying in Gibraltar, Goalkeepers have been scoring a lot more regularly, however they do not play enough games to get to the same quantity as Lucio did.... Is this to say that maybe they can?

Be good to see you try ;) - Incentive to have them compete against each other so Lucio can have a few more :)

Very good rate.... I do recall you saying in Gibraltar, Goalkeepers have been scoring a lot more regularly, however they do not play enough games to get to the same quantity as Lucio did.... Is this to say that maybe they can?

Be good to see you try ;) - Incentive to have them compete against each other so Lucio can have a few more :)

I don't think that Tandy could have caught Lucio anyway because although yes he does score more regularly, there are far far far fewer games in (GIB). The other thing is that he has just got injured for 5-6 months with knee tendonitis so will miss most of next season and is 32 years old already.

The other thing is that there is a 16yo GK just come through my academy who has 3.5 PA and Tandy only has 2.5, so really it's a good time to blood the youngster over the next week before the Beta comes out I think.

I really don't think I will play the (SMR) save again.

How much of a go will you be giving to the youngster coming through given the Beta will be out very soon?

Canini won't be able to reach the heights if his form remains as it has this season. So far we are in february and his tally remains at 42... He does still have a good 15 years left in him, but he needs to get more than the 4-5 he has been averaging a season.

PRob ably not much of a go if I'm honest. Tuesday night is FA Cup replay night and Fri after work I have leaving drinks, (how flipping inconsiderate!) So in all likelihood I just have Mon, Wed & Thurs night. Can't believe I am going to have to start my save drunk on Friday night. Its a recipe for disaster! lol

I look forward to hearing how that story plays out!

I struggle to get more than an hour or two in a week as I am always either at work or at others' inconsiderate social events. But the forums provide solace, so I look forward to seeing how you go come Friday night - Sober or otherwise :)

I just realized that I haven't been tracking Canini's goals properly and I am not sure how I can go back and check his goals over the last few years unless I wait until the end of his career.

At a guess, Canini has around 49 goals based on his Seasonal Best XI appearances.

He has 20 International Goals in 100 caps

He has 25 League Goals in 153 appearances

4 Goals in other competitions seems a bit low, so will get a more accurate total once his season ends in about 10-15 years.

I just realized that I haven't been tracking Canini's goals properly and I am not sure how I can go back and check his goals over the last few years unless I wait until the end of his career.

At a guess, Canini has around 49 goals based on his Seasonal Best XI appearances.

He has 20 International Goals in 100 caps

He has 25 League Goals in 153 appearances

4 Goals in other competitions seems a bit low, so will get a more accurate total once his season ends in about 10-15 years.

It's easy.

Squad page - Selection - Stats - All Time. :thup:

I've been experimenting with GK's going upfiel, for long throw-ins, (player with ppm of long flat throw), but as soon as the throw is taken, then the GK doesn't actually try to win the ball that is being thrown to him. He is just intent on getting back in goal.

Will have to give it a go on SK(a).

[Edit]

Corners seem to work ok with a Sk(a)

At what stage of the match is this happening? If it is relatively early on, I could see the keeper running back should the ball not come directly to him, however at the tail end, I would imagine him trying to get involved until the ball is cleared or knocked towards his goal area.

NOt really sure actually.

My way of thinking though is that there is not much point him being there unless he sees it out. Maybe I do need to cut him a little slack though. I am expecting him to perform as an outfield players which isn't really realistic.

It's just that I have other players in other positions which hopefully means that I can actually recycle the ball and don't have to worry about them countering against an empty goal.