Freds Over Performing 4-1-2-2-1 Set

This has been tested with the following teams

League winners first season(no signings)

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

League winners first season(with signings)

Arsenal

Finished 2nd first season(no signings)

Everton

Other tests(all no signings)

West Ham 6th

Norwich 7th

Hull City 8th

I also had a disastrous half a season or so with Palace, I started the season without fullbacks and wingers thanks to a mass of injuries and never recovered.

Statement

I feel I must point out that this was originally a downloaded tactic for a previous patch, so if you recognise it as post here and I will add the original creators name to this post.

The Tactic

23ws2hh.jpg

Above is the Control version, this should be used home and away when clear favourites(opposition odds 11-5 or more)

There is a Standard version, this should be used when the odds are really close

The Counter version is for when you are underdogs(your odds 11-5 or more)

Switching tactics

This is not always necessary and I never switch before half time unless I get a red card(switch to counter, unless already using it, if so stick with it)

If I am 1 or 2 goals or more up at half time and completely dominating I generally don't switch

If I am 1 or 2 goals or more up at half time in a tight contest I will switch to the next tactic down(control to standard or standard to counter)

If i'm drawing and deserve to be winning I don't switch

If i'm drawing and deserve to be losing i'll switch to the next tactic down(as above)

Do the opposite when losing

Switch to counter to see out the last 10 minutes of a tight game

Control Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5g52hk5mvd5q6g/Control_Final.tac

Standard Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u1q5w97h440r0ww/Standard_Final.tac

Counter Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2xrgkibazoqkcc/Counter_Final.tac

Do not use OI's

Currently sat 5th with Stoke(first season no signings)

Pilmalm - Yes, latest patch and not many tweaks.

Looks really great with Brighton first season. Signings are Mcghee and Taylor-Sinclair. Whats your match prep and training during season? :)

will post results a way in to the season.

Looks really great with Brighton first season. Signings are Mcghee and Taylor-Sinclair. Whats your match prep and training during season? :)

will post results a way in to the season.

Now sat 3rd after half a season(wow)

My training is General tactics - average Match attacking movement Scheduling halfway and allowing rests

To be honest I have no clue what i'm doing when it comes to training(or most things for that matter lol)

Looking good mate, played anymore games?

I finished 6th in my Stoke game 65pts 66 goals scored 42 conceded and Crouch bagged 23 in 35.

I'm going to give 2nd season a go, see how we get on in Europe.

Yup, Lost the game to Nottm Forest (2-0). Now im in the start of november. Winning every match since. The tactic i've had the best result with so far :)

thanks

Yup, Lost the game to Nottm Forest (2-0). Now im in the start of november. Winning every match since. The tactic i've had the best result with so far :)

thanks

Brilliant!

I lost my first game of season 2 home to Arsenal despite dominating.

I had some money to spend but decided to test the tactic out more by bringing in just a couple of freebies and loans.

Brilliant!

I lost my first game of season 2 home to Arsenal despite dominating.

I had some money to spend but decided to test the tactic out more by bringing in just a couple of freebies and loans.

That looks great!

So just original squad? Could you put up a SS of your lineup?

cheers

Recent Fixtures

2drzxax.jpg

Had a nightmare run from mid December to early January. Crouch got injured for 2 months(Guidetti hasn't scored in about 14 games and counting) so I had to bring in a striker. Brought in young Argentinian Vietto who hit the ground running and now has 10 goals in 15 league games.

I also lost both right wingers at this stage and had to put Stephen Ireland in there of all people, my best left winger Assaidi got called up for international duty and had other injury issues in central midfield.

I had no choice but to bring in some new faces, I ended up with the following.....

Luciano Vietto - Striker

Valentin Stocker - Left Winger

Jorge Enriquez - DM MC

We are flying at the minute and look practically unbeatable.

Gotta say this is the best i've used on fm14 so far, love it. Extremely solid in defence and deadly in attack!

Som new games:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247610773

League Table:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247611103

Player Stats:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247611318

Thanks

Gotta say this is the best i've used on fm14 so far, love it. Extremely solid in defence and deadly in attack!

Som new games:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247610773

League Table:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247611103

Player Stats:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247611318

Thanks

Get in!

I ended up 3rd with Stoke and decided to try a 3rd season with them

I have spent a bit of money this time(around £35M) so as not to embarrass ourselves in the Champions League, will update as I go.

Recent Fixtures

2drzxax.jpg

Had a nightmare run from mid December to early January. Crouch got injured for 2 months(Guidetti hasn't scored in about 14 games and counting) so I had to bring in a striker. Brought in young Argentinian Vietto who hit the ground running and now has 10 goals in 15 league games.

I also lost both right wingers at this stage and had to put Stephen Ireland in there of all people, my best left winger Assaidi got called up for international duty and had other injury issues in central midfield.

I had no choice but to bring in some new faces, I ended up with the following.....

Luciano Vietto - Striker

Valentin Stocker - Left Winger

Jorge Enriquez - DM MC

We are flying at the minute and look practically unbeatable.

Looks really great there with Stoke. Like that you dont need any particular new signings to perform :)

Well, I think that's my game completely ruined.

I was flying in my 3rd season at Stoke and could even have been challenging for the title(a point behind with a game in hand at one stage)

Then all of a sudden the two best and most important players in my squad(left winger and right winger) are injured within a game or so of each other for at least 3 months each.

Then in my last game I had to bring my best striker on for my next best who got injured and he got injured too, I also lost my next best winger, all but 1 of these injuries are at least 3 months.

Thanks FM

I have to play my next match with a striker on the pitch at only 80% absolutely no other choice.

Is anyone still using these?

In my 5th season with Stoke I went the first 32 games(all comps) unbeaten, until a late winner from Utd(after they had a player sent off) and am again on an unbeaten run of 13 games.

Sadly we have been struck by an injury crisis again and are "down to our bare bones".

In my 5th season with Stoke I went the first 32 games(all comps) unbeaten, until a late winner from Utd(after they had a player sent off) and am again on an unbeaten run of 13 games.

Sadly we have been struck by an injury crisis again and are "down to our bare bones".

Was promoted with Brighton with ease. Came over 100pts and 100 goals for :)

Just started a new save with Crewe Alexandra, to see how it will adapt to a lower team!

Was promoted with Brighton with ease. Came over 100pts and 100 goals for :)

Just started a new save with Crewe Alexandra, to see how it will adapt to a lower team!

Fantastic, let me know how you get on mate.

I have just started a Swansea save, they are ranked 10th but i'm hoping for a Champions League finish at worst.

Fantastic, let me know how you get on mate.

I have just started a Swansea save, they are ranked 10th but i'm hoping for a Champions League finish at worst.

Swansea team looks great! ;)

Head on

I started a game with Vejle from the secondbest league in Denmark. Predicted fourth, but didn't have any troubles with the promotion. Ended the league with 77 points in 33 games. Very satisfied, especially because i have no players above 4 stars in the team. Good job. Will report in second season how the promotion ended up.

hqJ5Km4.jpg

I started a game with Vejle from the secondbest league in Denmark. Predicted fourth, but didn't have any troubles with the promotion. Ended the league with 77 points in 33 games. Very satisfied, especially because i have no players above 4 stars in the team. Good job. Will report in second season how the promotion ended up.

hqJ5Km4.jpg

Great stuff!

I'm very frustrated with my Swansea save right now, picking up injuries to key players and often struggling to put the ball in the back of the net. We have dropped quite a few points at home already, below are a few screenshots.

1tpr21.jpg

2a7aqv9.jpg

2j1a87a.jpg

mtb2g5.jpg

What a difference those dropped points have made to our league position, we would be 6 places further up the league.

Bad luck??? I know for sure I would have suffered some big defeats had the above games been played out in reverse.

Do you really not see any issues with your tactic given the amount of shots ON TARGET in the last 3 of those screenshots. How do you expect to score if your players don't hit it on target - 11 on target out of 47 is horrific?

Do you really not see any issues with your tactic given the amount of shots ON TARGET in the last 3 of those screenshots. How do you expect to score if your players don't hit it on target - 11 on target out of 47 is horrific?

I know, but most of the shots off target are the really easy ones close to goal 1 on 1's.

Its frustrating because they are very easy chances and I've had better results with much poorer teams after testing the tactics with a lot of clubs.

Is this uploaded anywhere else? The links in the first post aren't working!

Links still working for me, i'm off out, but will try to provide alternate links when I get back.

Very nice season, if it wasn't for those four 0-0 draws you would won :D. Will definitely try this tactic. :)

There were a few more than those too.

Give it a go, i'm sure you'll be impressed!

FWT,

Thought I would give you the courtesy of letting you know how I got on with your tactic set.

Firstly I started as Crystal Palace. I set it up with no transfers allowed and used the January database update. As my game progressed I was given no money even when the transfer window reopened, simply I went the whole season without a single player joining. My reputation was automatic. Anyone who has played as Palace will know that as a Premier League squad it is very weak and are clear favourites to be relegated.

The plan was to give this a complete test over a single season before starting my career save. Anyway here are the highlights of what turned out to be an amazing year:

- Finished 7th in the Premier League only 6 points off 4th

- Only lost 8 games all season

- Beat Arsenal home and away, beat Man City, Chelsea at home and drew at Liverpool

- Qualified for the Europa League

- Did not bother with either domestic cups and played my reserves and kids, got knocked out in the early stages of both competitions

I only used the counter and standard tactics and switched between them depending on the opposition. I really like the counter tactic as so solid at the back and must be excellent with some decent defenders. Playing Chamakh in the F9 role was perfection, ended the season with over 20 goals and countless assists.

What I will do is have a tweak of the corner routine as I hardly ever scored, also took off long throws as kept giving away possession.

Overall the best tactics I have used and I have tried a few from these forums.

Thank you and I am now off to start my new save taking Palace to glory!!!

FWT,

Thought I would give you the courtesy of letting you know how I got on with your tactic set.

Firstly I started as Crystal Palace. I set it up with no transfers allowed and used the January database update. As my game progressed I was given no money even when the transfer window reopened, simply I went the whole season without a single player joining. My reputation was automatic. Anyone who has played as Palace will know that as a Premier League squad it is very weak and are clear favourites to be relegated.

The plan was to give this a complete test over a single season before starting my career save. Anyway here are the highlights of what turned out to be an amazing year:

- Finished 7th in the Premier League only 6 points off 4th

- Only lost 8 games all season

- Beat Arsenal home and away, beat Man City, Chelsea at home and drew at Liverpool

- Qualified for the Europa League

- Did not bother with either domestic cups and played my reserves and kids, got knocked out in the early stages of both competitions

I only used the counter and standard tactics and switched between them depending on the opposition. I really like the counter tactic as so solid at the back and must be excellent with some decent defenders. Playing Chamakh in the F9 role was perfection, ended the season with over 20 goals and countless assists.

What I will do is have a tweak of the corner routine as I hardly ever scored, also took off long throws as kept giving away possession.

Overall the best tactics I have used and I have tried a few from these forums.

Thank you and I am now off to start my new save taking Palace to glory!!!

TS is banned. Not sure for what reasons.

I believe he was an alias of another banned account, which isn't permitted according to the forum rules.

Shame. Tactic isn't too bad actually. If one's account is banned however bad he or the reasons may be, isn't one allowed to be allowed to register for another account and start fresh?

Or registering for another account is also seen as an alias and there goes someone who is banned on one account and someone is gone for good?

If an account gets banned on this forum, it is well deserved. We give out warnings before infractions. It takes more than one infraction as well, depending on the severity of the violation. Once you're banned, you're banned for good. No alias accounts are permitted.

If an account gets banned on this forum, it is well deserved. We give out warnings before infractions. It takes more than one infraction as well, depending on the severity of the violation. Once you're banned, you're banned for good. No alias accounts are permitted.

I am not sure where to post this, if it is inappropriate to ask this here, please let me know where and i will remove and post there.

I understand the infraction and banning system, eg, how many infration, how many days etc. I just went to read it. However, can't seem to find any other detailed explaination on 'alias account'.

It's just for my own understanding and curiousity.

Is using the same email as the banned account is an alias account? how is an alias account defination here?

Let's say UserX is permanently banned. Is he able to create another account with the same email as the banned account?

If UserX uses another email account to create a new account to start fresh, is this considered an alias account and how would the mods/admins decide that it is an alias account?

If UserX is banned from the forum, he's not allowed to create any new account at all. It does not matter if he uses a different e-mail etc.

I'm sure you understand that we cannot discuss what methods and gadgetry are used to detect an alias.

If UserX is banned from the forum, he's not allowed to create any new account at all. It does not matter if he uses a different e-mail etc.

I'm sure you understand that we cannot discuss what methods and gadgetry are used to detect an alias.

What i failed to mention is if UserX creates a new account under a complete new username with a new email. I doubt it would be possible to create a new account with a used email on a banned account.

Archived