FM13: Amir Abrashi - The Swiss Fellaini

macca72

Ok, so the title might be a bit over the top, but I had to write about this guy...

Abrashi_zps97eaa2dc.png

He starts the game at Grasshoppers in the Swiss Super League, he has a host of clubs looking at him and I found him on the transfer list, with an asking price of £1.25m. I was looking for someone who could play a DLP role in centre midfield and defensive midfield, and thought he'd fit the bill.

I signed him for my Leeds side, and this is him at the start of Season 2.

Abrashi2_zpsa49c80de.png

He lacks in a couple of areas, but I'd venture he's at least good enough for mid table Premier League, maybe a squad player for teams in the top 8, and was outstanding in the Championship.

Fellaini - 6ft 4, strong aerial presence with an afro.

This guy is 5ft 8, no aerial ability and no afro.

:thdn: Your thread title is misleading.

I chose Fellaini on the basis that if you go into Abrashi's profile and select find similar players, Fellaini comes up as a comparison. If only player interaction would let me say "can you grow an afro please"...

• 2 weeks later...
Comparing him to Fellaini is like comparing Luis Saurez to Morgan Freeman....

I see your username applies equally to reading...Fellaini was the top match when you select find similar players...

I see your username applies equally to reading...Fellaini was the top match when you select find similar players...

No I can read just fine thanks, I see however that your 'comparisons' aren't exactly accurate. To claim that this guy who is about half the size and has half the stats of Fellaini is bordering on stupidity

That's enough ....

The comparison was made using the in game tools and it doesn't take a genius to see why....

The guy can pass, tackle, good first touch and has good work rate etc, it's clear to see why the game compares him to Fellaini. His size is a moot point.

Plainlazy, i see you already have an infraction, i'd kindly suggest that going off topic here for no reason other than to throw fuel on a fire is the only thing bordering on stupidity on this thread.... now keep it on topic please.

Quick update on him, I sold him during January 15, simply because I managed to sign M'Vila for my DMC slot, also I grew too fond of him to let him waste away.

Abrashi3_zps3f8501ca.png

Zenit paid £5m for him, but look at his value now, so for the £1.25m I invested I got the following back

Abrashi4_zps8531c193.png

All in all, would 100% recommend him, I'll maybe keep him longer next time and will keep an eye on him for FM14. Enjoy.

Archived