Time To Hear The Lions Roar! (No, not Millwall!)

tomtuck01

Prologue

Well after recently completing my Football Manager 2012 Career Save, I have decided to dive straight back into things here on Football Manager 2013. This year things will be a bit different, (well, they will be unless I get sacked), as this is going to be a one club save rather than a journeyman save.

Unlike alot of other one club saves here on the forum, this isn't a youth challenge or anything like that, just a save with one club. That means I will still be signing players and not just using products from the clubs youth system.

Wish me luck, I might need it.

Countries/Leagues

I haven't loaded loads of countries and leagues as I didn't feel the need to do so with this, (hopefully), being a one club save. Also my laptop is a year older and the specs for FM13 have changed a little bit from the previous version, meaning my system can't handle loads of players loaded. (In fairness I didn't have that many loaded on FM12 compared to some others!). Still, I feel what I have been able to load is more than adequate for a lengthy and enjoyable save.

The league listed is the lowest active league in that country;

Brazil - Serie B

England - Blue Square North/South

France - Ligue 2

Germany - 2. Bundesliga

Italy - Serie B

Scotland - Third Division

Spain - Liga Adelante

For the save I have decided to use a Large database, and the save has approximately 44,000 players loaded.

Aims And Ambitions

For this save I will be managing the club that is nearest to where I live and that is available to manage from the leagues avilable on the game. I live in Leeds, and have done since I was seven years old, but they aren't the nearest club to my house geographically.

The aim is to take this club all the way to the top of the footballing world. I have never taken anything on like this on before Football Manager, and I'm looking forward to it greatly. As I've said already, wish me luck!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - Guiseley AFC

Name: Guiseley AFC

Nickname: The Lions

Year Founded: 1909

Stadium: Nethermoor (3,000 - 300 seated)

Yes, the club I have chosen for my save, (and the one nearest to where I live), is Guiseley AFC. I have had this idea in my mind for some time, and after a bit of time thinking about it, I've decided that I want to go ahead with this save.

FM13-GuiseleyBackground-Jul2012_zpsb3dd0c38.png

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - Guiseley AFC

Joining The Club

FM13-ChairmanMessage-Jul2012_zps4301f322.png

The worrying thing immediately about taking this club on is that the chairmans status is; "Will listen to offers". So, if a new chairman comes in and doesn't fancy me, then I could be out of a job before it has even got properly going.

Finances And Squad

FM13-GuiseleyFinances-Jul2012_zpsa25cd476.png

Well the finances aren't bad for this level, but the projected balance is a bit of a concern. Hopefully if a new chairman does come in he has a few pounds behind him to help keep the club in a stable position.

FM13-GuiseleySquadUponJoining-Jul2012_zps4b74d3c1.png

There are some surpsingly good players in this squad, and with a few additions over the summer we could be looking at a decent season. We do need to strengthen in certain positions, such as the goalkeeping area and we are short upfront.

Still, more about that later in the summer after we have hopefully brought some new players in!!

Good luck dude, I'm looking forward to this thread nice to see you trying something different.

EDIT - I can delete my post if you wanted to reserve this post?

Thanks alot dude, nice to have someone on board straight away. :)

And dont worry about it, I think I have enough posts saved. :thup:

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - Season Preview 2012/13 - Guiseley AFC

Board Expectations

Blue Square North: Safe midtable position

FA Cup: Reach first round

FA Trophy: Reach second round

Personal Expectations

Blue Square North: A push for promotion

FA Cup: The first round would be great

FA Trophy: Not that bothered

Budgets

Transfer: £4,516

Wages: £4,501 (Currently spending £3,728)

Balance: £38,595

The boards expectaions are surprisingly low considering the club finished second last season and only just missed out on promotion. I think we should be aiming a little higher than the security of midtable.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - Preseason 2012/13 - Guiseley AFC

Transfers In

Liam Irwin - Free - A good young player, who will be a solid DLP for the side for the next couple of years.

Paul Heckingbottom - Free - An experienced central defender that was sorely needed. Just a short term stop gap for now, but hopefully he can help us achieve our goals this campaign.

Raphael Duyile - Free - Cracking young striker for this level. Hopefully he can bang in alot of goals in the coming season.

Alex Billington - Free - Will come straight into the team as first choice LB. Probably the best new recruit of the summer.

Tom Cox - Free - Will probably be our first choice goalkeeper in the coming season. He's only young though, so our more experienced keepers will no doubt be called upon at times.

David Joyce - Free - A younger CB to probably play alongside Heckingbottom. Again, hopefully just a stop gap for the next season or two.

Luke Wandless - Loan - Very young AMC/ST, but he'll get alot of games this season and hopefully help fire us towards promotion.

Scott Brown - Loan - Another very young loanee. Should be a great addition to the engine room.

Stuart Dorrill - Free - Just signed to be third choice goalkeeper.

Jack Waddle - Free - A solid young loanee who will probably the sides first choice left midfielder.

Transfers Out

The players who were released were all on non-contract terms and simply weren't good enough for what I want to achieve. The only one who did creat a bit of an issue was Chriss Holland, as by releasing him I had to find a new assistant manager. I did, in the shape of former England international Rob Lee.

Those who joined other clubs on free transfers were on fairly high wages, but simply weren't good enough to command them.

Preseason Fixtures

FM2013-GuiseleyPreseasonFixture-2012-13_zps355c3bfc.png

Just three matches played, but I was fairly happy with them. I was delighted with how we did against Leeds - scoring three goals against a Championship side, (who did have a strong team out), was excellent. We then had a good win over Blue Square North rivals Bradford PA, before a rather drab 2-1 affair against our reserves just a few days before the start of the season.

The big kickoff is upon us, and first up we travel to Histon.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - August 2012 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

BSNFixtures-Aug2012_zps9178cdc8.png

BSNTable-Aug2012_zps71b19bdd.png

A very pleasing start to the season indeed, with ten points taken from four games. We opened up with a tricky trip to Histon, but we battled to a 3-2 after going behind twice with a winner in stoppage time. Droylsden were then ripped to pieces in our first home game of the season, before we played out a drab 0-0 draw against Gainsborough. We bounced back from that though by hammering Workington 4-1 away from home, with left winger Jack Waddle hitting a brace before half time.

Up next Gloucester City visit Nethermoor.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - September 2012 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

BSNFixtures-Sep2012_zps0ef5005b.png

BSNTable-Sep2012_zps775abd67.png

A truly corking month as we won all six of our league fixtures. We opened up with a solid 2-0 win at home to sixth placed Gloucester with striker partners Josh Wilson and Raphael Duyile both getting on the scoresheet. Colwyn Bay gave us a tough test next, and we snatched a very late winner for a 1-0 win. Duyile then struck a terrific hattrick as we won 3-1 at Chester, before we comfortably saw off Bishop Stortford 2-0 at home. Local rivals Harrogate Town were then seen off 2-1 at Nethermoor, before we battled to a 3-2 victory away at Oxford City to see us top the table by six points.

Yes the sides below us may have a game in hand, but I'm ecstatic to be six points clear at the minute!

FA Cup - Second Qualifying Round

FACFixtures-Sep2012_zpseb919dd3.png

Well we won, but it wasn't particularly convincing. Kendal went ahead early in the econd half, before two goals just a couple minutes apart saw us go 2-1 up. Five minutes later Kendal hit back, before we grabbed the winner fourteen minutes from time thanks to an own goal.

In the next round we face Blyth Spartans and Nethermoor.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - October 2012 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

GuiseleyBSNFixtures-Oct2012_zpsa84e9dc7.png

GuiseleyBSNTable-Oct2012_zps87f7cc26.png

Well we won just two of our five games this months, but we still maintained our unbetween run and hold a five point lead at the top of the league. The month began with a drab performance against Staylybridge, and we probably deserved to lose. We then got out of jail with a late leveller away at Solihull Moors to take a point. We needed another late goal to take all three points at home to Worcester City, this time through a stunning freekick from leftback Alex Billington. Vauxhall Motors came to Nethermoor next and put in a real backs to the wall display and we couldn't break through them. The Final game of the month saw a top of the table clash as we travelled to Altrincham with us holding a two point lead over them. We ripped them to pieces in the firt half, leading 5-0 by the 34th minute. I was disappointed to let in a couple of goals in the second period, though overall I was delighted with win.

Rivals FC Halifax come to Nethermoor next.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Qualiying Round

GuiseleyFACFixtures-Oct2012_zps1d759f34.png

We squeezed past Blyth Spartans in the 3rd qualifying round after I foolishly changed the side around a bit to give one or two players arest. We then demolished Blue Square Premier side Macclesfield in the final qualifying round with Josh Wilson smashing in four of the goals to make it through to the first round proper.

League 2 side Accrington Stanley come to Nethermoor for that tie. Hopefully we will have a decent gate, and also being at home I think we have a chance of getting through to the second round.

Excellent month and brilliant, brilliant work in the FA Cup :cool:.

Thanking you...............would love to get through to the next round, but in all honesty a draw would also be decent as it would mean a replay and more money into the coffers. :cool:

Doing brilliant so far, superb win over Macclesfield too.

Thanks alot. Couldn't believe the Macclesfield game to be honest. :eek:

Thanking you...............would love to get through to the next round, but in all honesty a draw would also be decent as it would mean a replay and more money into the coffers. :cool:

Get past Accrington Stanley though and there is the prospect of a draw away to a Championship side :cool:.

Archived