Time To Hear The Lions Roar! (No, not Millwall!)

tomtuck01

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great start and good to see a new tomtuck01 career! What is your tactical approach for your squad?

Well I wasn't going to until after I got back from holiday near christmas, but I couldn't resist.

At the minute my tactical approach is nothing inventive; just a basic 4-4-2 with instructions and lump it forward to my Josh Wilson's, (my target man), head. At this level it seems to work! :D

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - November 2012 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

FM13-BSNFixtures-Nov2012_zpsd8df1fd7.png

FM13-BSNTable-Nov2012_zps552e3006.png

Just one win out of three this month, but I quite pleased to be honest. I was disappointed not to beat rivals AFC Halifax, but we just didn't have our shooting boots on. The Boston game was similar; we had the bet of it but couldn't finish. Still, we kept another cleansheet. We returned to winning ways and in so extended our lead at the top of the table to four points with a 3-0 win at Hinckley, with Josh Wilson hitting a lovely hattrick.

Histon are up next, and that's at Nethermoor.

FA Cup - First Round And First Round Replay

FM13-FACFixtures-Nov2012_zps41b1cd6b.png

Wow!!!!! I was thrilled to get a 2-2 draw at home against Accrington, even if we did lead twice. But to go away from home for the replay and to put in such a great performance was beyond my wildest dreams! I'm not going to lie, it was backs to the wall for most of the game, especially as they battered us after we struck early. 1-0 we lead at the break, and I was in dreamland as we went 2-0 up with just 26mins to go. My joy was short-lived though as they got one back straight away, but two late penalties gave us a 4-1 win! The chairman must have been thrilled too - we netted £18,000 with this win.

Our 2nd round tie is on TV, (no idea if we get any money for it as a message hasn't come up), and it's against AFC Wimbledon at Nethermoor.

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round And 1st Rouund

FM13-FATFixtures-Nov2012_zps05917165.png

Very poor performance against AFC Farsley, but we got out of jail thanks to an own goal. We were much better in the first round proper, even if I was annoyed to concede a late goal. We should be keeping a cleansheet against a side like this in my opinion.

We face Histon at home in the next round.

Great season so far, the lower leagues in England seem a lot tougher this time around so its great progress. Nice little earner of a cup run you have as well :thup:

Thanks dude. :)

Very surprised at how well I've been able to get an organised defence set out at this level. I remember the season I had at Boston on my FM12 career and it was goals galore!

Good luck with this save. Aside from the takeover taking an age it seems to be going well :D Great news with the cup ties too.

To say I'm getting cheesed off with the takeover dragging on is a massive understatement. :mad:

The cup games have earned me a fair bit, and will keep the club going along very nicely for the forseable future. :thup:

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - December 2012 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

FM13-BSNFixtures-Dec2012_zpsa0e4df13.png

FM13-BSNTable-Dec2012_zps38985095.png

Well it could have been better, epecially as we dropped points in our final game of the month against the leagues bottom side, but we are still top and still unbeaten. We started the month by beating Histon 3-0 thanks to three goals in the opening 20min of the second half. We then stuttered to a 1-1 draw at Gloucester before we beat local rivals Bradford Park Avenue 2-1 on boxing day thanks to two early goals. The disappointing result then followed as we conceded a late equaliser to Colwyn Bay to drop two crucial points.

We are three points clear at the minute although Altrincham have a game in hand. That game is away at fourth placed Stalybridge, so hopefully they will drop points.

FA Cup - 2nd Round And 2nd Round Replay

FM13-FACFixtures-Dec2012_zps2d297432.png

Well we we are out of the FA Cup, but christ we did ourselves proud. In the original tie we rode our luck but very nearly snatched a winner late on to knockout the League 2 midtablers. The replay was very even in actual fact; possession was split 50-50, and we had nine shots at goal to their ten. The difference in quality upfront stood out though, as they took a 2-0 win thanks to some clinical finishing.

The adventure is over, but thanks to both these games against AFC Wimbledon being on television we netted £105,000 for the club, putting us on an excellent financial footing.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

FM13-FATFixtures-Dec2012_zps4e71fcdc.png

A comfortable win at home to Histon see's us through to the third round with no problems whatsoever. The last of the goals may have arrived very late on, but the 3-0 scoreline should have been five or six to be honest.

We face a trip to Yorkshire rivals AFC Halifax in the next round.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - January 2013 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

FM13-BSNFixtures-Jan2013_zpsc5a49128.png

FM13-BSNTable-Jan2013_zps205fc5ee.png

What a cracking month, with fourteen points taken from a possible eighteen. We started with two draws away at Bradford Park Avenue and Bishop's Stortford to maintain our unbeaten record, but then we really took command at the top of the league. We saw off Oxford City 2-0 thanks to two early goals, before coming from behind after a matter of minutes to win 2-1 at Corby. We met them four days later at Nethermoor and beat them 3-0 thanks to three first half goals. Our final game of the month was against second placed Altrincham, and if they won the gap at the top would be narrowed to three points, with them having a game in hand. Things weren't looking good after just a minute when we fell behind, but we roared back to go 2-1 up thanks to a double from Raphael Duyile. Altrincham levelled it up before the break, but we controlled the second half and cored twice to take a 4-2 victory.

We are now twelve points clear with foureteen games left to play. Promotion on the cards, perhaps? We'll see.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

FM13-FATFixtures-Jan2013_zpsb10b98c6.png

Disappointing to go out to rivals AFC Halifax, but on the balance of things I can't complain about losing as we really weren't at our best. On the plus side, we can now concerntrate on the final third of the league campaign.

Well I wasn't going to until after I got back from holiday near christmas, but I couldn't resist.

At the minute my tactical approach is nothing inventive; just a basic 4-4-2 with instructions and lump it forward to my Josh Wilson's, (my target man), head. At this level it seems to work! :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :D

Never had one quite like this before though. I'm now a month further down the line and there is yet to be anymore news about it. :thdn:

I've had on and off specilation for over a year before. Can't remember if it even happened in the end.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - February 6th 2013 - Guiseley AFC

BREAKING NEWS - Guiseley AFC Takeover Completed

FM13-GuiseleyTakeoverCompleted-Feb2013_zps4b484689.png

"The long protracted transfer of ownership at Blue Square North side Guiseley AFC has finally been completed today. The saga has rumbled on since October 2012 with the the fans have waited patiently for the issue to be resolved. The team have maintained their good form throughout the saga, and the players ad staff will no doubt be happy to be able to concerntrate fully on football once again.

A club statement read;"

"Guiseley AFC are pleased to announce that the transfer of the ownership of the club has been transfered from Mick Henry to director Adie Towers.

We apologise to the fans for the amount of time this has taken, and thank them for their patience throughout this time. Now we want the club to move forward on and off the field, with the everyone connected to the club pulling together. We also would like to praise manager Thomas Lewis and all the staff and players for their superb form through what must have been a very frustrating time.

Further details about the takeover will be relased in due course in an open letter to be handed out at the clubs next home game. We urge all fans to come down and get behind the team as they push for promotion.

Thank you".

FM13-GuiseleyTakeoverLeedsLinkCut-Feb2013_zps5eac6930.png

FM13-GuiseleyTakeoverMessageFromNewChairman-Feb2013_zpse4c0328d.png

"Guiseley manager Thomas Lewis has releaed a statement;"

"I'm pleased that the takeover of the club has finally been completed, but to say I am happy about it would be a lie.

The club, like many at this level, is not in a good situation financially and will only survive this year because of the teams superb performances in the FA Cup, something that will be difficult to repeat next term.

I am angered that outgoing chairman Mick Henry sold his controlling share of the club to a director who seems to have no interest in investing in the club. This makes my position harder than what it should be, and I hope the new chairman realises the huge strain this puts on me and the rest of the players and staff.

If he is not looking to invest at all, then I question his reasons for acquiring the club in the first place, and urge him to look to find people who are willing to invest as soon as possible."

At least its not just me with the arsehole owners :D.

After all the good chairmen I had on my FM12 save, I've really landed a por one now. :(

Atleast he hasn't taken out a loan that we haven't got a chance of repaying whilst also keeping our finances in a stable way.

Good luck with this save! I've subbed and will be watching this one (as well as SRL88's) very closely.

Good man. :thup:

I cant promise it'll be as successful as the journeyman save from FM12, but i'll sure as hell try!

Mine is of course better.

Give mine a bit of time - it's only in its infancy after all.

Guiseley.png

Thomas Lewis - February 2013 - Guiseley AFC

Blue Square Bet North

FM13-BSNFixtures-Feb2013_zpsaf1ce615.png

FM13-BSNTable-Feb2013_zpscc88bc5d.png

Very happy with this month as we had three tough away fixtures against sides in the top half of the table. The month opened with a home fixture againt Boston, and we saw them off with ease thanks to a first half blast. We then got a solid 0-0 draw at local rivals Harrogate Town, before snatching a late win away at Vauxhall Motors thanks to a smart Raphael Duyile finish. Our final game of the month saw us let a lead slip late this time. We looked set to take a good 1-0 win, but Worcester scored in the last ten minutes to snatch a point.

Still, we are flying at the top of the table and are a massive thirteen points clear. Next up with face Brackley Town at home.

Damn Chairmen...

You can say that again. Last month was terrible for us financially due to only having one home, yet he sits idly by doing nothinjg. If we hadn't had the two FA Cup games against AFC Wimbledon on TV, we'd be well and truly in the red. :thdn:

Good to get decent money against AFC Wimbledon :cool: But who would have you got if you did beat them?! Not surprised to see you walking the league :p

Got to be honest and say i'm very surprised at how easy it has been in the league. I'm not use to managing so far down the pyramid so didnt know what to expect.

In the cup we would have faced an away trip to League 1 Tranmere, so we didn't exactly miss out on a glamour tie!

Wow,what a lead you have.I think you should get the sack if you fail to get promotion form there :D

Quiet you, my rubbish chairman might hear! :D

Archived