Tactic developed specifically for patch 12.1.1 - Great Results

Hi guys,

So the tactic I painstakingly developed ceased working effectively with the latest patch.

Pre this patch I always seemed to get the best results with passing focussed through the middle, post patch it seems the flanks are the way to go.

The tactic

stockportcountytacticso.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Team Instructions

stockportcountytacticst.png

So we have a wing back based formation, with a high defensive line, short/slow passing, focussed down the flanks.

The results

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

This is with a very average Stockport team, media prediction was 16th, won league by a clear 13 points, comfortably the highest scorers in the league.

My wages - 2nd lowest in division

npowerchampionshipstats.png

How its works- Very attacking, most attacks go thru the AML/AMR who are supported by the Wing Backs. lots of goals from crosses, play with 2 upfront one Target Man, One Poacher, 2 midfielders arriving late into the box to support.

With such a high defensive line you are vulnerable to counter attacks but strikers are so hopeless on one on one's with keepers, you get away with this most of the time.

*No OI's, No Shouts, use Home & Away, never altered tactic for 1 minute of any game, max pitch size- PLUG & PLAY - FIRE & FORGET!*

***The tactic has a long throw routine which is very effective.***

In the set piece section, check if any of your players have long throws over 15. If so check if they have a 'flat bullet throw' as a preferred move, if not start preferred move training for this and list them under the 'throw in takers' section. If you dont have anyone with a high attribute for long throws, just train your best man, anything over 10 will function but obviously the higher the better. You'll nick a fair few goals from this routine.

Player roles will be detailed on next post.

Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?j369yxezbtbobh7

Player roles;

My poacher...Nice return on goals

souleymanecoulibalyover.png

My AML - Nice assists

androstownsendoverviewa.png

Target Man - Picked up in january - Good return

connorwickhamoverviewat.png

Players

GK - Best you can get

DC - usual stats, get the quickest you can find

WB - Crossing, Positioning, Stamina, Tackling

MCL - Box to Box, work rate, team work, stamina and in this instance finishing

MCR- Advanced playmaker, creativity, passing, finishing

AMR/AML - Speed merchants - pace, ACC, dribbling, crossing

TM - The destroyer, strength, jumping, finishing and try and find someone reasonable quick

Poacher -Speed merchant - Pace/Acc, Finishing & Composure

And i almost forgot, lumping corners into the near post doesn't work anymore, however the routine in this tactic does, see below.

npowerchampionshipstats.png

Pre-season match preparation very high, no focus to get you fluid asap. If you've signed quite a few new players i'd probably recommend a month of team blend at very low, then attacking movement at very low for rest of season.

Team talks i just try and be logical, whilst keeping things varied to avoid repetition. I use 'impress me' a lot with a variety tones.

Looks very good Mr Rosler. I have set it too my Backup tactics so my Tonbridge angels side can learn it.

One question do you set the corner taker right foot left side, left foot right side or does it not matter :)

Edit - Also which defender gets most goals, near post or far post attacker?

teaminstruction said that the AML is the playmaker.... (option is greyed-out)

Please explain.

And i must drag and drop the MRC in the playmaker-box?

Its set to AML by default. The box is not ticked so I do not use a dedicated playmaker or target man for that matter. You dont need to worry about this, there is no playmaker.

Approx 60% near post, 40% far post in terms of goals.

I try to stick to right foot, left side and vice-versa. However if there is one guy far better at corners than anyone else I'll use him both sides.

I think it might be just a case of you had the best young forwards in the division. I reckon you could put those in ANY formation and win the championship quite easily.

Ok genius, why are you looking for a tactic to download then if its that simple?

both CB seem to score

Its set for the Centre Backs but you can change it to anyone you want. Most centre backs are dominant in the air and as most of these goals are headed it makes sense to me.

If you want to change which players get the chances just swap them to attack near post/attack far post as thats where the chances fall.

I'm not sure how relevant the finishing attribute is in this situation, i have thought about changing it and giving my strikers a go but I havent done it yet.

The target man is set to attack from deep and gets on the end of a few himself.

The key to the routine seems to be keeping players out of the 6 yard box before the corner is taken, no one challenging the keeper, no one standing on far post etc. Its means your opponent doesnt leave any defenders in the 6 yard box apart from a guy on each post. You have loads of spce to run into and attack the ball without loads of defenders in the way.

*** I forgot this and will put it into my original post but also here for those who wont read the original post again ***

The tactic has a long throw routine which is very effective.

In the set piece section, check if any of your players have long throws over 15. If so check if they have a 'flat bullet throw' as a preferred move, if not start preferred move training for this and list them under the 'throw in takers' section. If you dont have anyone with a high attribute for long throws, just train your best man, anything over 10 will function but obviously the higher the better. You'll nick a fair few goals from this routine.

*** I forgot this and will put it into my original post but also here for those who wont read the original post again ***

The tactic has a long throw routine which is very effective.

Let's not hope it plays football like long throwing Stoke! :D

Mr U Rosler, can I ask you for a favor?

Could you make a version of this tactic, with the only changes as the following:

Same Corner routine, but instead of CB, make the strikers attack the post. The best header amongst striker, target man, attack the post which results in most goals. As you said, the near post.

Same Throw in routine, but instead of CBs, make the strikers get those balls into the net.

I think you know what I mean, I just don't know how to change those things myself to get it exactly as it is know, but just changing those things.

Mr U Rosler, can I ask you for a favor?

Could you make a version of this tactic, with the only changes as the following:

Same Corner routine, but instead of CB, make the strikers attack the post. The best header amongst striker, target man, attack the post which results in most goals. As you said, the near post.

Same Throw in routine, but instead of CBs, make the strikers get those balls into the net.

I think you know what I mean, I just don't know how to change those things myself to get it exactly as it is know, but just changing those things.

Hi there,

I dont want to complicate things by releasing different versions of the tactic. Its really easy to get the changes you want, i've just done it in my own save to see if the strikers can score more.

Just go into the tactics, launch the set peice creator, click thru to attacking corners and click on the left striker and there should be an option to 'attack near post, swap with so & so', do the same with right striker and attack far post'. click thru to the end and thats it! Same with throw ins. (make sure your strikers are not listed as corner takers or throw in takers)

Thanks mate.

Do you need Left wingers who are right footed and vice-versa?

Not really, the AML/AMR are advanced playmakers and will go both inside and down the line. Two footed players are GREAT in these roles, but I tend to make sure their weaker foot is rated at least reasonable

Testing your tactic with 3th division team from Belgium Geel-Meerhout.

doing great first 4 games, 2 home and 2 away..

Won 3 of the 4 games against better teams , lost 1 because of the crappy assistant manager with his crappy team talks. Doing them myself now.

Last game I won 0-3 away against the undefeated leader!

They had 0 shots on target , I had 11..

Nice work

More people should use this tactic. In my opinion is this a very solid tactic and one of the best on this forum......

Nice one mate!

I have a better version in the works. Much better defensively, more potent upfront. Better corner and free kick routines as well. Just working through my season before posting.

Very impressed with this. Took a very mediocre Man Utd side (with no money, and a huge injury list) who had previously finished 5th, 6th, and 6th again in the last three seasons, to the Premier League title and almost won the Champions League, too. Some cracking results in there as well - 8-0 at home to Fulham, 5-1 away to Chelsea and 4-0 away to Spurs. Looking forward to trying this out over a full season, though this current Manchester United have no money and are in serious debt, so some wheeling and dealing is needed!

When you release your new tactic?

Was trying to complete full season before posting but as it looks like I will be unable to get on with my FM save for the next few days and as you asked for it, its here.......

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2d4g5c6e3cafto

It should look like this......... if not let me know

stockportcountytacticso.png

I will explain changes and post season results when I've finished the season, but basically I dropped the Target Man and added a Deep Laying Playmaker in the DMC role. Much better defensively, still high scoring. Tweaked corner and free kick routines.

Cheers

Amazingly good at stopping goals, far superior to my old tactic which by looking at it should not concede much, I assume things will switch again when the next patch changes and my old tacitc will work again.

This is a great way to play on this patch and really works well, well done OP!

Archived