[FM12] Tactic Masters Gr8t G0als

Welcome [FM12] Gr8t G0als

Gr8t G0als consists of 2 tactics and has been extensively tested with Barcelona, Tottenham, Doncaster and Sunderland. As we speak, it is being further tested. The Sunderland test is almost an entire season test, conducted by a friend of mine. The Doncaster test is also around the same timescale of the Sunderland test, conducted myself in my clan game. The Barcelona test is my Solo career save which has given out amazing results, even for a team like Barcelona. The Tottenham test has only just been started, but was basically used as a test for the 2nd tactic.

Below are the 2 tactics and what they are used for...

Gr8t G0als Against Normal Teams - This tactic is used in normal circumstances and should provide you with plenty of goals and great to see attacking movement.

Gr8t G0als Against Top Teams - This tactic is used against teams that are a lot better than you. The way this tactic works is slightly different to the Normal Teams tactic. It's basically a tweak, using the same formation and same Individual Instructions, but the Team Instructions have been re-done to provide stability against the better players.

Let me stress that you will never be successfull with a tactic without using good Team Talks, so if your not good with team talks, then I wouldn't bother posting results.

My "Achievements" with this tactic...

Doncaster - (Season 2) (Predicted 15th) Won Championship with 113 points, scoring 127 goals, conceding 53. This included results (9-1), (7-1), (5-0), (5-1) and (5-1), Several games scoring 4 goals and loads of games scoring 3 goals. I also most notably won the FA Cup! This included beating 4 Premiership Teams, Fulham (5-1), Chelsea (3-1), Man City (4-2) and finally Everton (1-0) in the Final!

Sunderland - (Season 1) (Predicted 12th) Not entirely sure yet on results and stuff apart from his Semi-Final Aggregate of (9-2) over Tottenham Hotspur in the League Cup. He's also 4th place in the Premiership. All this was done without the 2nd tactic, which if used, i'd be very confident he'd be at least 3rd or 2nd, with a possibility of 1st. He noted to me that he was getting massive losses against the top teams, which prompted me to create the 2nd tactic.

Barcelona - (Season 2) (Predicted 1st) Won Spanish Super Cup with victory over 2 legs against Real Madrid (1-0 and 2-1). Won Euro Super Cup (3-0) against Udinese. In the Champions League i've had the following results... Leverkusen (1-0), Rangers (6-0), AC Milan (6-0), AC Milan (4-1), Leverkusen (2-1) and Rangers (2-0). In the LIGA BBVA i've had some top results including Levante (5-0), Cartagena (6-0), Athletic (5-0), Osasuna (4-0), Zaragoza (4-0) and Valencia (5-0)

Tottenham Hotspur - (Season 1) (Predicted 6th) 13 Matches played with 50 Goals, 7 Conceded... Most notable results are... Wigan (4-1), Helsingborgs (6-0), Chelsea (2-0), Helsingborgs (7-1), Liverpool (1-0), Newcastle (6-0), Man Utd (5-1), Metalist (7-2) and West Brom (5-1). Currently 1st in the Premier League.

How The Tactic Works

Basically it's a tactic built for free flowing attacking movement. The defence has a no-nonsense instruction, with them getting several assists with their long balls to the strikers which are used to slice the opposition open when they least expect it. The Wingers are a massive part of the tactic and score a lot of goals in this tactic, they are basically your 3rd and 4th strikers with the ability to be a winger at the same time. You have a Poacher who scores most of your goals (Usually) and a Trequartista who also scores a lot of goals but does more of the creative part of the game. You also have a playmaker in CM who will look to go for through balls or pass out wide and dictate play. There is finally a DM who is the man that stops attacks forming or forcing the opposition to shoot from range.

About Players You Need

Goalkeeper - I'm not to sure on this yet, any goalkeeper seems to do fine. I had Kinsky for my Doncaster team.

DR/DL - You could do with a little bit of pace for these guys to help you stop the opposition when they go on the attack. Slower players will ultimately fail here.

Central Defenders - Although Pace can help a lot, it is worth noting that some of the DC's i've used aren't fast. You just need players here that can defend well and are tall and good at jumping.

Defensive Midfielder - This is very important in your tactic. You need a good DMC, someone who is more like a DC than an MC. Someone tall and good at jumping to allow a quick counter attack if he gets a good head to it.

Central Midfielder - This is your Playmaker, so you need a playmaker type of player, but i think other players are capable too. If you get this position right, your onto a winner!

RW/LW - Although pace helps, these don't have to be your typical wingers like Lennon, Walcott, Agbonlahor or others who are fast. These positions need players who can score goals, rather than provide. Van Der Vaart is a top class RW with this tactic, and so is Alexis Sanchez from my Barcelona save. Alex Chamberlain and Henri Lansbury both played majestic like with my Doncaster team.

Poacher Striker - This guy needs to be a born goalscorer! Although I would like to say, with a short test with Aston Villa, Emile Heskey scored 7 goals in 6 games for me. Billy Sharp for my Doncaster team was amazing, scoring 38 goals in 36(4) games. Messi has scored around 36 goals in 25 games on my Barcelona game.

Trequartista Striker - Although you need a goalscorer, you also need somebody who is good at passing and has stats more like an AMC.

Match Preperation - Attacking Movement/Teamwork

Match Prep Workload - Very High

Pitch Size - Maximum

Custom Shout - Use this in the 2nd half of a game your winning 3-0 or more... Creat this shout at start of your career... Clear Ball To Flanks, Push Higher Up, Pass Into Space, Play Wider, Run At Defence, Shoot On Sight, Look For Overlap, Get Ball Forward, Hassle Opponents, Exploit The Flanks.

Note: If anybody is looking for a Perfect Tactic, then your looking in the wrong place, because nobody can create a Perfect Tactic anymore, the ME is very well constructed. I hope people have success with this, because I have and so has my friend who kindly tested before i posted this. I wanted a 2nd persons oppinion first before i posted and he reckoned I should definately post.

Had a quick look at your tactics, but haven't played with it yet. One thing did pop up though...

Since you've manually tweaked almost every setting (team and players), why bother with the shouts? Shouts won't do anything, when all settings are overwritten with your 'personal' preferences ;)

Also, with nearly all players on 'often' through balls, doesn't it make you loose possesion a lot? Like I said, haven't played it yet, just looking to find out how this works ;)

Had a quick look at your tactics, but haven't played with it yet. One thing did pop up though...

Since you've manually tweaked almost every setting (team and players), why bother with the shouts? Shouts won't do anything, when all settings are overwritten with your 'personal' preferences ;)

Also, with nearly all players on 'often' through balls, doesn't it make you loose possesion a lot? Like I said, haven't played it yet, just looking to find out how this works ;)

You could be right about the shouts, but I end up scoring a few more, so whether that was going to happen anyway or if its the shouts, I'm not sure. You also ask about the through balls. The tactic doesn't dominate possession, I average at about 52 percent, but I do seem to score a lot of goals, where I previously failed. A lot of people complain that they can't score despite getting loads of chances, and I had the same problem with other tactics, but this 1 just seems to click, and that's probably because a lot of the goals end up being scored because of the long ball from the back 4 or because of 5 players attacking against 1 or 2 defenders and the keeper. Its a bit like a counter attacking tactic without having counter attack ticked. You also score a lot of goals because your wingers get a lot of shots too. When I've finished work ill get some images done and a couple of videos of goals that you could expect to see. Also remember to use both tactics depending on your situation. If you know they are good, then use the modified 1.

I can vouch for this tactic, testing it with Sunderland and currently 4th in the Premiership, only a few games to go till the end of the season and i feel fairly confident of finishing in a Champions league placing. Also managed to get them to the league cup Final, i'll post my screenshots later today when the season is over.

I must say though, this is a pretty fantastic tactic and i'm glad the Tactic Master posted this, his success with this tac for his Doncaster team was nothing short of brilliant:thup:

Going to give this a go with my Crawley side just promoted to the Championship and have signed some good players that fit with this tactic. I only got promoted through scoring loads of goals but switching between tactics too often, so looking for something to settle on. I hope to at least avoid relegation as we are predicted to finish 23rd so it should be a good test of the tactic. Will keep you posted on how I get on.

Going to give this a go with my Crawley side just promoted to the Championship and have signed some good players that fit with this tactic. I only got promoted through scoring loads of goals but switching between tactics too often, so looking for something to settle on. I hope to at least avoid relegation as we are predicted to finish 23rd so it should be a good test of the tactic. Will keep you posted on how I get on.

You will probably have to use the tweaked tactic most of the time. Just make sure you invest in defence and have a goalscorer and should work. Let me know how it goes.

I will get the team familiar with both tactics but like you said it makes sense to use the tweaked one due to our underdog status. I always have my third tactic to fall back on if these ones do not work out. Will let you know how I get on.

I've finished my season with Sunderland and managed to finish 4th, some screen shots.

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Final League table

Team/player stats

Transfers

A really good tactic this, i reckon it could work for all levels if you get the right players. I really enjoyed testing this and will start a new save with QPR or Norwich to see how it does with a relegation candidate team.

Edit : I should have added that i made it to the League Cup Final, only to lose bravely to Man City.

i notice that you have your strikers set to swap position. is it meant to be like this?

Yes Gareth, it's only a personal belief, but I feel that with the way the ME works and calculates, swapping the strikers positions provides more goals. Thats why both strikers end up scoring loads. I could be wrong though, but when I was creating this tactic, I knew exactly how i wanted my team to play, visualised it and then created it. It then just took a few tweaks to get it to the state it's in now.

Ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Early days but my strikers have not been very good with the tactic and I have Rooney Hernandez cavani and van persie. The issue I have is that surely a trequartista can't play a poachers role and vice versa. It is early days with the tactic though so I'll keep an eye on it as my strikers are clearly good enough.

Ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Early days but my strikers have not been very good with the tactic and I have Rooney Hernandez cavani and van persie. The issue I have is that surely a trequartista can't play a poachers role and vice versa. It is early days with the tactic though so I'll keep an eye on it as my strikers are clearly good enough.

Well with those strikers, you should never have an issue. The only thing I could think of is your team talks, which is a known fact, make a huge impact on this game. Get the team talks right and the goals will flow. Upload you game if you want and i'll give it a go and tell you what you might be doing wrong.

Also, all strikers should technically be able to play any role, just not as effective with some as others are.

I'm struggling with the top team tactics...is it supposed to be set as an attacking tactic?

I'll need to know what team you are before i can really help you.

It is supposed to be an Attacking Philosophy and the reason being... If your up against an opponent who is a lot better than you, then they are always going to have a chance to score. If you set yourself to Defensive or Ultra Defensive, then your inviting pressure onto you and with your players not having the ability of your opponents, your nearly always going to get beat, be it a long shot, or be it a lack of concentration, a mistake the defence makes. If you choose to use a Counter Attacking Philosophy, your main purpose is to try to steal the ball and counter them quickly, leaving yourself wide open, but also, with the ability of your opponents, the chances aren't very high that your going to steal the ball and your going to be split open. If you try to Control them, thats simply not going to happen for obvious reasons. So your only choice is to attack them and force them to defend and reduce the chances that they will get. You may then ask "but wont that leave me open at the back?", well that is true, but your not inviting pressure, so the outcome is going to be the same in most cases. However, with an attacking philosophy, your a lot more likely to score, your not standing around looking for a small chance that you might successfully break through them on the run of play. If you then use this Philosophy, along with ticking the box for Counter Attack, your going to stand a chance of scoring.

I hope that makes sense, but one thing you need to remember, thats only how I look at it, someone may have a different opinnion.

This is an indication of what my tactic can do when used with a big team!

Look further down the past and you will see the season stats with over 230 goals in a season. 84 goals scored by Messi.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277517-FM12-F.C.-Barcelona-–-Més-que-un-club?p=7359897&viewfull=1#post7359897

I've also been using this tactic with China who i'm managing in the same game with the same manager profile...

Consider I was ranked 128th...

Uzbekistan (Ranked 78th): 2 - 2 (D)

Kuwait (Ranked 74th): 4 - 1 (W)

Oman (Ranked 117th): 2 - 2 (D)

Thailand (Ranked 137th): 4 - 2 (W)

Nepal (Ranked 167th): 4 - 0 (W)

Brunei (Ranked 184th): 5 - 1 (W)

Costa Rica (Ranked 77th): 3 - 1 (W)

Costa Rica are the first of my many friendlies to come against teams of a higher rank than myself. My aim is to play all friendlies against teams with a better ranking than my own, to enable me to gain a better rank.

The playmaker should be defaulted to the MC already, so it won't matter who you play in that position, they will automatically be the playmaker. I don't use OI's either, never had to test using them. Once I've fully tested my training schedules I will be re-doing the OP and adding the team talks that you need to use.

I'm struggling to see how this tactic works. I can't tell the difference between the one against bigger teams or lower teams. Just played a game where I was the favourites to win, so used the one for against normal teams. I only lost 3-1 but they had 5 ccc's. I had none.

I'm struggling to see how this tactic works. I can't tell the difference between the one against bigger teams or lower teams. Just played a game where I was the favourites to win, so used the one for against normal teams. I only lost 3-1 but they had 5 ccc's. I had none.

How many games have you played with the tactic? It's not just a plug and play, you need to work on it. If you look at 1 of my recent posts, the Barcelona season i've just finished is the final product of the tactic.

The other teams do usually get a lot of chances, but I never seem to have a problem with it because they don't usually get the CCC's, more just long shots or shots that don't worry the keeper. You also need to think about the type of players your using, as I said it's not a plug and play, you need to work out who to replace and you will reap the rewards.

There isn't meant to be much of a difference between the 2 as it's the same tactic, except the 1 you use against big teams has more chances of countering the opposition and is more attacking to enable you to have a chance.

Also another thing which i haven't added yet, but team talks are a major part of success. I've often gone into half time either drawing or losing and you need to be firm with the team and let them know they are doing rubbish. If anybody complains, either leave it, or use the individual team talks to take a different route with the individual. This will normally fire them up or make them focused on the job. It's often been the difference between a 4 - 3 and a 5 - 1.

Just to add to the team talks subject, never praise your players at half time, this is the 1 golden rule and should only be done at the end of a match. This is because, even when 3 - 0 up, if you praise the players, they will become complacent in your praise and i've often been given a difficult 2nd half, either winning 3 - 2, drawing 3 - 3 or even losing 4 - 3.

If there is anymore questions, just let me know.

tactic master, thanks for answering. i´ve just won 5-2 at home against atlético de madrid using the big teams tactic. thinking about using it more often instead of just with the big teams. maybe my team is not good enough to use the other tactic regularly. what do you think? (my media prediction is 8th)

Yes, there is no harm in using the big teams tactic against any team, it just creates a better chance of counter attacks and is more attacking. If you defend against big teams, your just inviting pressure onto your back 4, so thats why i went with the attacking mentality, because as silly as it sounds, attacking them will provide them with a less chance of winning the game as they would if you were defending all game, because the tactic has the ability to allow your players scoring chances.

Could i ask what team your using please, then I can give you a clear answer on if your team is good enough or not for the normal tactic.

i´m using a promoted celta de vigo, second season into the spanish 1st division. in my first season i managed to finish 4th (using brobs tactic) and now i´m 6th and have used your tactic for 9 matches with a balance of 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 loses. an important point is that i´ve faced twice real madrid (lost 1-2 and draw 1-1), atlético de madrid (won 5-2), sevilla (won 3-2), athlétic (won 2-0) and barcelona (lost 2-5) so the results don´t seem to be that bad. now i have a difficult match against sporting portugal (ecl first elimination round) and then i have to face worse teams so i expect the results to improve.

i´m interested in you having a look at my team and tell me what should you do with the players i have. if you want i can write the attributes or post images. thanks!

i´m using a promoted celta de vigo, second season into the spanish 1st division. in my first season i managed to finish 4th (using brobs tactic) and now i´m 6th and have used your tactic for 9 matches with a balance of 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 loses. an important point is that i´ve faced twice real madrid (lost 1-2 and draw 1-1), atlético de madrid (won 5-2), sevilla (won 3-2), athlétic (won 2-0) and barcelona (lost 2-5) so the results don´t seem to be that bad. now i have a difficult match against sporting portugal (ecl first elimination round) and then i have to face worse teams so i expect the results to improve.

i´m interested in you having a look at my team and tell me what should you do with the players i have. if you want i can write the attributes or post images. thanks!

Send me the save if you like, would be a lot easier and also give me a chance to work with them and see what results I can get.

If it works with Heskey in the poacher position, do you think this would work with Liverpool with Carroll in the poacher position? Suarez next to him, Downing/Kuyt on the wings?

Works for me. But I conseed (spelling?) too many goals. Any suggestion what to do?

Archived